Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

PriorMarcus posted:

I wish they had spent less time/memory on the ocean floor and given us more interiors instead. Who loving cares about scuba diving?

populating the ocean floor is a case of making a handful of models and randomly scattering them around - and it was never loaded while you were above water so didn't use up memory unless you were under the surface.

This fallacy that if they didnt do one thing with a game they'd be able to do this other thing really bothers me. Probably took them as long to do the entire ocean floor as it would a single decent interior.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

meatsaw posted:

Can you do this without a Gold account? Mine has run out and I haven't played it since.

I doubt it, but I haven't tried.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
I'm replaying it properly for the first time since about release, grabbed the Beach Bum pack and the Business pack or whatever it is. I've forgotten how polished and detailed it all was. I just spent half an hour as Franklin sat next to his aunt watching Howitzer and smoking medical weed.

I was wondering though, since weed is a bit different in some ways for everyone, does anyone get those audio distorty, echoey effects? I've never experienced them smoking weed, I just wondered if anyone had or if it was just added flavour, so to speak.

I really like the new heavy pistol they added, and the little stubgun too, I had a quick try of them on my old save, but only those two pistols, nothing else or any new clothes. Gonna check those out on this new game.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

In the weed sub-missions, it has no effect on Franklin, but makes Trevor and Michael hallucinate (though the implication is that it's not normal weed anyway).

I like that those missions are so good that they're still being spoilered :v:

TehGherkin fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 4, 2014

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

In the weed sub-missions, it has no effect on Franklin, but makes Trevor and Michael hallucinate (though the implication is that it's not normal weed anyway).

e: Anyone have any idea how to get the last minute men mission to trigger? It's not on my map - it briefly appeared ages ago when i switched to Trevor, but he was in the middle of a police chase I didn't survive. By the time I got out of hospital, it was gone.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 5, 2014

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Bobby Deluxe posted:

e: Anyone have any idea how to get the last minute men mission to trigger? It's not on my map - it briefly appeared ages ago when i switched to Trevor, but he was in the middle of a police chase I didn't survive. By the time I got out of hospital, it was gone.

It's supposed to just appear some time after you complete the previous one, up in Paleto Bay.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
I think the last one is given to you in one of the smaller towns up north by some older hispanic dude. He gives Trevor a good tongue lashing and it sorta owns :haw:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

I think the last one is given to you in one of the smaller towns up north by some older hispanic dude. He gives Trevor a good tongue lashing and it sorta owns :haw:
Yeah, I know where the trigger is supposed to be (opposite the Hen House), but there's nothing there. There's a ticket on rockstar support about it marked as 'solved' because they 'know about the issue and are working on it,' which is what they said two patches ago about the ammo glitch online that still leaves me with a 140k ammo bill every few games.

For reference I've finished the main campaign and am at 81% completion, just finished the bounty missions.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I forget if it can be done with the Minutemen chain, but have you tried replaying their last available mission?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Now that I've beaten GTAIV (talk about your non-endings) I've decided to give TLAD another shot, thinking maybe now that I have a better sense of IV's over-arcing plot (the diamonds, etc) I might like it more.

The story and characters are still pretty bad but I find it interesting that they added some things that would later get used in V (the concept of a personal vehicle that's always available, weapons that are fun to use) and some things that V still doesn't have (vehicle delivery, AI followers with decent pathfinding who drive behind you). It also feels like they really tightened up motorcycles in general, whereas V has the same problem as IV's base game in that one hit sends you flying. It still feels like two steps forward and three steps back and TBOGT only emphasizes it's flaws, but it certainly feels the most unique of any of the recent games. I wasn't sure if I was gonna finish it (ugh, Johnny is such a non-character), but it's so short I might as well if only for the Stubbs missions that I recall being a high point v:shobon:v

cb rocks
Jun 10, 2004
sup m8s

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yeah, I know where the trigger is supposed to be (opposite the Hen House), but there's nothing there. There's a ticket on rockstar support about it marked as 'solved' because they 'know about the issue and are working on it,' which is what they said two patches ago about the ammo glitch online that still leaves me with a 140k ammo bill every few games.

For reference I've finished the main campaign and am at 81% completion, just finished the bounty missions.

How do you have such a high ammo bill?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

cb rocks posted:

Playing certain game modes that force you to use particular weapons overwrite your ammo count for that slot.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

cb rocks posted:

What ^^^he said, forced ammo deathmatches will occasionally wipe out your ammo for certain guns. Right now I'm out of smg, shotgun, assault, sniper and I think stickies. Probably mg, grenades and pistol as well.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I just ditch games if they use forced weapons. No point in playing if I have to pay 150k and only get 15k at most if I win.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

When the hell are they announcing this for PC? I'm starting to fear it's never gonna happen.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SplitSoul posted:

When the hell are they announcing this for PC? I'm starting to fear it's never gonna happen.
Yeah for real. I actually ended up buying a new copy for 360 a couple days ago because I sold my PS3 copy when I sold my PS3 late last year, I missed playing it and I was tired of waiting for it to be announced on PC/PS4.

I'm playing through the story for the second time now.

Rizzo Crackers
Oct 11, 2009

Like a midget at a urinal, I was gonna have to keep on my toes.
Put this together. An Alternative Launch Trailer for GTAV. Hope you guys enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz2hcrzVVvo

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Rizzo Crackers posted:

Put this together. An Alternative Launch Trailer for GTAV. Hope you guys enjoy it.

I honestly think that's much better than the official trailer. Good job!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Rizzo Crackers posted:

That was really well done!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rizzo Crackers posted:

That is really goddamn good. Nice work.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rizzo Crackers posted:

Oh I definitely enjoyed it. This rules! And there isn't even an inkling that it's a fan trailer!

Rizzo Crackers
Oct 11, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh I definitely enjoyed it. This rules! And there isn't even an inkling that it's a fan trailer!

Thanks folks, enjoy it whilst it lasts. SME may take it down sooner than I got it up, my bad for using the Boss.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Rizzo Crackers posted:

Thanks folks, enjoy it whilst it lasts. SME may take it down sooner than I got it up, my bad for using the Boss.

You need to do more of these. Checked out the other ones you have up, and you have some serious talent there. Excellent work!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Rizzo Crackers posted:

You're on Kotaku!

http://kotaku.com/fan-made-gta-v-trailer-makes-you-want-to-play-it-all-o-1560346241

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
With all the talk of different areas to host a GTA VI in, I would just like a DLC to be in North Yankton. There is so much potential in that. Imagine putting an emphasis on rural areas rather than urban, Chicago-esque mobsters who have cabins up north, corrupt sheriffs, thick Minnesota accents. There's a lot of potential there.

Also

SNOWMOBILES

Rizzo Crackers
Oct 11, 2009

Sweet, some colourful comments on there, and someone donated to the charity I'm running for too which is a big bonus. Really please that people have taken a liking to it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

With all the talk of different areas to host a GTA VI in, I would just like a DLC to be in North Yankton. There is so much potential in that. Imagine putting an emphasis on rural areas rather than urban, Chicago-esque mobsters who have cabins up north, corrupt sheriffs, thick Minnesota accents. There's a lot of potential there.

Also

SNOWMOBILES

Fargo: The Game.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Crappy Jack posted:

Exactly the point

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

I never realized I needed this until now.

Trevor and a woodchipper would make a nice combo.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Just noticed a new update.... well new for me. Is it new?

I swear it said 1.12....

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Rizzo Crackers posted:

This is some really awesome stuff. Nice work.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Trevor :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYSEeONtmCA

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
gently caress, he's in good shape.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Trying to beat the final street face with Franklin is really pissing me off. I've crashed and died right at the finish 3 times now and always end up rage quitting.

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to buy a new bike every time and wait for night to fall and the race to appear.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

ExplodingSquid posted:

Trying to beat the final street face with Franklin is really pissing me off. I've crashed and died right at the finish 3 times now and always end up rage quitting.

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to buy a new bike every time and wait for night to fall and the race to appear.

Or you could just save before the race?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

BitBasher posted:

I didn't find quick save until I'd already finished the main story, which is weird because it's literally right there in front of you on the phone.

There were so many times I went home just wanting to sleep save, and ended up having to do quests for Michael's family, or Trevor, or Lamar in the early game. Felt like a bit of a dick when I realised what it did.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

BitBasher posted:

:doh:

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

ExplodingSquid posted:

In addition to the previous suggestions, you could just upgrade Franklin's Bagger and race with that, not worrying about buying new ones all the time. It's a different racing style than a sport bike (you're much faster on the straights but not as maneuverable), but it can certainly hold its own.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Promoted Pawn posted:

In addition to the previous suggestions, you could just upgrade Franklin's Bagger and race with that, not worrying about buying new ones all the time. It's a different racing style than a sport bike (you're much faster on the straights but not as maneuverable), but it can certainly hold its own.

Yeah I just really hate that bike... *shrugs* I'll get there, just needed to vent because I'm poo poo on bikes.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
i remember having to replay that one multiple times. Frustrating. it's just too easy to make a small mistake and crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I traded my 360 for a Vita to use with my PS4 but now all I want to do is get another last gen console to play GTAV with again. Is there any chance of this coming to PS4 anytime soon or will I really have to buy my 8th 360?

• Locked thread