Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Surely, they wouldn't fire Zack without first jobbing him out to as many of the lowest tier wrestlers on the roster as possible, potentially including the divas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Shima Honnou posted:

Surely, they wouldn't fire Zack without first jobbing him out to as many of the lowest tier wrestlers on the roster as possible, potentially including the divas.

I mean besides the divas part they already do this, has Zack won a match this year? Like even Heath Slater's won a match this year but i dont think Zack Ryder has

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
But has Heath Slater won a match against Zack Ryder? For that matter, has Sandow or Dolph? Exactly :colbert:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Shima Honnou posted:

Final match, feed him to Paige.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

It's also possible that he decided the show was a failure because He dropped from 100k views to 50k views over the course of those three episodes. Breaking that replica US title was cute though.

You know, if Zach turned heel and found a tag team partner, especially if it was Titus, I bet they could do well in the tag division since it's light on heels right now.

Yeah they're both average at best in ring work but they're both pretty great talkers and they'd have an interesting dynamic if they were basically just using each other to get further because they both want to be World Champion and will backstab each other whenever necessary to reach that goal.

Becoming a heel tag team with a unique dynamic gave Rybaxel a new lease on their careers, so why not Zach?

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Tupac Sighting posted:

Zack Ryder ‏@ZackRyder 1h
So #LastReZort may have just been a trilogy…haha

:byewhore:

Shouldn't have cut his life into pieces.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Zack's got all the potential in the world, and I've defended him dozens of times as someone who really got a raw deal and was never truly appreciated.

But even I have to admit at this point that the guy is, for lack of a better word, kinda spineless. Too spineless to burst into Vince's office with his ideas (at least that seems to be the general rumor/feeling,) and too spineless to just leave WWE and try his act somewhere else. Sure, it wouldn't be in WWE, but at least he could make his mark beyond twitter.

Then again, Brodus Clay's heel turn has amounted to nothing and Titus O'Neil's is quickly becoming nothing. Plus, it's not like we see RybAxel doing much either.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sanguinia posted:

You know, if Zach turned heel and found a tag team partner, especially if it was Titus, I bet they could do well in the tag division since it's light on heels right now.

JOB Squad 2014

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Really at this point Zack might be better off just focusing on making Youtube shows and trying to live off whatever Youtube money he can get if he isn't okay with being buried alive for the rest of his life.

In lighter news, via Sting's Facebook:

Sting posted:

Mourning the loss of Jim Hellwig. I don't believe anyone has ever published this picture before today. The snapshot was taken two days before Thanksgiving in 1985, as we prepared to leave my house in Newhall, California and embark on a career in wrestling.

Jim always challenged me to strive at being the best, and I'll forever be grateful for the encouragement and motivation he provided.

I was looking forward to catching up with him, and I'm saddened we didn't have that opportunity before he passed. My heart goes out to his wife Dana and their two daughters, and they will remain in my prayers.

Warrior may have not had any particular love for Sting, but Sting seems to have at least appreciated him.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

OmegaBR posted:

But even I have to admit at this point that the guy is, for lack of a better word, kinda spineless. Too spineless to burst into Vince's office with his ideas (at least that seems to be the general rumor/feeling,)

I think that's more than just a rumour; Mick Foley said basically exactly that on a Nerdist podcast a while back.

Delsaber fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 11, 2014

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Delsaber posted:

I think that's more than just a rumour; Mick Foley said basically exact that on a Nerdist podcast a while back.

That's how I always took it, but you hear about guys like Punk and Titus and you start to wonder if it really is as simple as pitching ideas straight to the top. Might not actually result in anything, but I guess it's better than wondering out loud why they aren't using you.

I still tend to side more with Ryder anyway, because they had a gold mine on their hands and they treated it like a Pete Rose cameo. And look how long it took them to acknowledge Bryan was a star (still have to wonder if he wouldn't be Daniel Wyatt right now if not for some external factors.)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I wonder when Ryder's contact's up? They still don't seem to want to actually terminate contracts right now, but it wouldn't shock me to see him not get renewed.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

OmegaBR posted:

That's how I always took it, but you hear about guys like Punk and Titus and you start to wonder if it really is as simple as pitching ideas straight to the top. Might not actually result in anything, but I guess it's better than wondering out loud why they aren't using you.

Not only that, if you go to Vince and your idea is shot down, at least you tried.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

Writer Cath posted:

Not only that, if you go to Vince and your idea is shot down, at least you tried.

Or yours boss does something, like giving you a script that seems to make you the focus of a RAW in your hometown, get you all pumped and excited, and then when you show up for work go "hah hah hah, fooled you".

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

SirDippingSauce posted:

Or yours boss does something, like giving you a script that seems to make you the focus of a RAW in your hometown, get you all pumped and excited, and then when you show up for work go "hah hah hah, fooled you".

Is this a thing that happened?

I mean of course it is, but who?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I'm thinking this is when Zack Ryder was highly excited about Raw being at the Nassau Coliseum, one of his better ZTLIS featured a Rocky-like montage training for the night, this was at a time when he was on TV a fair bit, was semi-over with the crowd and he didn't even have a walk-on cameo in the background. Someone on the current roster (Jericho, if I recall rightly) even tweeted something to the effect of "Today you screwed the kid just to screw the kid."

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Ziggler and Jericho tweeted about it, yes.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This isn't exactly the standard short funny tweet and most of you have probably seen older versions of this but it's still worth a read. I'm just an untrained dork like almost everyone else on here but everything he said seems to make perfect sense.

quote:

William Regal ‏@RealKingRegal 1h

My updated tips on being a Pro Wrestler/Sports entertainer.It takes a lot more work to being a WWE superstar than an few Pro Wrestling holds and throws. You must develop all your skills and that usually comes from help from more experienced pro's. I never had to be told to ask for help and guidance and never to this day stop working on my skills. Sitting round texting, playing games and whining will get you know where. No one owes you a living.

Firstly,know what you're getting into.Pro Wrestling is a very physically demanding business.If you can't stand pain,hard work or lots of traveling,DON'T WASTE YOURS OR EVERYBODY ELSE'S TIME!

So that I don't come across like a miserable old git (insert joke), I will happily give some free advice to up and coming Pro Wrestlers:

Find a school with a good rep and a trainer who has a great pedigree.
Learn the basics properly.Get and stay in good condition,there's a big difference from looking in condition to actually being in condition.I'm a believer in Hindu squats,Hindu push ups and most importantly proper bridging(nose on mat,feet flat on mat).I've become a big fan of kettlebell swings for conditioning as well.You can look like a superhero but if you have no stamina you are USELESS to today's industry.Work hard and have respect for the job.Good manners go a long way.Treat people the way you would like to be treated.Enjoy it.

Now once you are training:

- Make everything you do mean something or don't bother doing it.

- Study the greats and the people who the great ones admire.Very important.
Some very wise words from Jim Ross(J.R)-"If I were a young in ring talent in today's world then DVD study of my predecessors would be a a regular part of my weekly routine just as is going to the gym and eating smartly. Some talents will spend more time 'tanning,' playing video games, etc than watching the work of stars of previous generations which is somewhat pathetic when one thinks about it".

- Get a good base of basics and perfect them.Don't take this for granted.

- Work at perfecting your skills but be honest with yourself. If there are things you don't do well then avoid doing them.

- Try to find someone who will give you an honest answer about your skills. Most people's ego won't allow them to think they do things badly.

- Practice your talking skills. Use a mirror and film yourself and work on every detail, facials, eyes and mannerisms.Learn a one minute promo and perfect it.Now do the same promo with the same words but in as many different emotions you can,happy, mad, sad,glad , grateful,on the verge of a breakdown
indifferent etc.Now when you get good at this you will be able to interchange several emotions in one promo.
- Look to the world to find things that you can use to develop your character. Films, TV shows and anything else that grabs your attention.

- Learn how to read people's emotions. This tip is invaluable. People don't just boo or cheer. You have to learn how to make them.

Only one in a million has the Elvis factor(old reference but I can't think of a better one).If you truly have that quality then you can get away with anything but the majority of us don't so don't take your skills for granted.I believe that that the more time you put into learning the details the better and longer your career will be.

Watch this match and really study everything they do.You should aim for this standard if you are interested in technical wrestling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6YW9Xcp07s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I know I'm the last person you want to listen to about physique training but it's very important these days.From seeing how the smart people train now it seems as though compound movements like squats,deadlifts etc build better,more functional,resilient bodies for our business.Bodybuilding movements don't.Like I said,this is just what I see and hear .

Learn from the mistakes of the people who have come before you (including me) and try not to make them.

To make it in the WWE you have to be very adaptable and willing to make any character or opportunity work.Heres some very good advise.Make a list of the worst possible situations and character traits you could be asked to do.Now make up a character and promos involving those traits and work on perfecting that character and promo(on your own otherwise you'll get locked up).Make those things second nature.Now you've taken away some of your fears so whatever you are asked to do should be easier.Dont skip this task.Very few people who come to the WWE end up being the character they envisioned.
The most important things you have to make you connect with an audience are your eyes.If you believe in yourself and your persona it will be evident in your eyes.You cannot show any real emotion without your eyes.So,if you're interested in being taken seriously then never wear anything to cover them.This will offend a lot of people but you don't look cool wearing sunglasses indoors.You look a divvy.There are many big stars who have worn them but you'll find most will take them off when they're making a serious point or they just have that special magic that only 1 in a million have.If you need an example of this,do you trust anyone who you meet who can't look you in the eyes?

A tip from Roddy Piper: Always wrestle from your heart.It sounds simply but it's not.Don't play at pro wrestling.

A tip I think will keep you constantly working on your skill set:Go out every night thinking that no one knows you.By doing this you will never take your audience or yourself for granted and show them exactly what you are and what your character is all about. This will keep you working on the details and the true essence of how to tell stories to the people watching.

As far as storytelling goes.Just imagine theres an announcer explaining everything you do to the people watching.Does it make sense?Does it look good? Think about this.When you go to a movie,do you want to see the stuntman jumping out of the helicopter or do you want to imagine its the star.This all ties into trying to perfect the detail of your stuff.If someone is watching Wrestling for the first time,is what you're doing making sense to them.Figure all that out and you should be a lot better at story telling.

Just my opinion but if you want to have a long career then study as many different wrestling styles as many of today's top starts have an international feel to their styles.There are lots of Wrestlers from around the world and you want to be able to wrestle all of them if you want to stay relevant. Study what's going on in the industry as you don't want to be left behind.A lot of the fellas I see that can only do one style seem a bit outdated against some of the talent who have learned different styles.
Everyone takes ideas from others but make them your own. Try to be original. Be a one off.

If you want to be a successful character then you should know what that character was doing on its third birthday.That means know every detail of what that character is about.Always back to the detail,I know but the more you know the more you'll believe and the better you'll portray.

That's enough for today. Sounds simple enough but very few put those ideas into practice. Use common sense. Everything is in those tweets. Figure them out. In other words don't be a div. I can't hold your hand.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sanguinia posted:

NXT continuity!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

DJ Hyde and Kevin Steen are having words on twitter.

the idiot DJ Hyde posted:

@FightSteenFight wondering when I will hear I am sorry I am an rear end hole from you

Kevin Steen posted:

“@DJHyde_1: @FightSteenFight wondering when I will hear I am sorry I am an rear end hole from you” You type like a giant man-child.

the idiot DJ Hyde posted:

@FightSteenFight this coming from a guy who is all about being a wild life photographer and acts like he is 5

Kevin Steen posted:

@DJHyde_1 You have the worst comebacks. Stop tweeting at me and go wrestle in one of your imaginary 47 countries, you delusional clown!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Skinty McEdger posted:

DJ Hyde and Kevin Steen are having words on twitter.

Steen Rules.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Guarantee that the deej is DMing Steen asking him to work a CZW show.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

coconono posted:

Steen Rules.

Tweet Steen Tweet.

Tupac Sighting
Oct 19, 2007

twisted as hell... yet i cant stop laughing
BREAKING: "THE GAME" TRIPLE H LOVES BIG rear end

https://twitter.com/TripleH/following

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tupac Sighting posted:

Billy Gunn to take him to wrestlers court for gimmick infringement.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tupac Sighting posted:

He still follows Punk.

Tupac Sighting
Oct 19, 2007

i expect bayley to get called up soon

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Tupac Sighting posted:

He unfollowed it lmao

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Tupac Sighting posted:

i expect bayley to get called up soon

Can they give her a new gimmick? She's good in-ring but her whole schtick is annoying and is basically interchangeable with Emma.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

Can they give her a new gimmick? She's good in-ring but her whole schtick is annoying and is basically interchangeable with Emma.

Nope, Bailey owns and her gimmick is as similar to Emma's as Paige is to AJ.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sanguinia posted:

I really like the idea of Miz and Zack as a heel team of reality show douchebags.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

schweens posted:

He unfollowed it lmao

Triple H lurks among us. :conspiracy:

Tupac Sighting
Oct 19, 2007

Angular Landbury posted:

the joke is that bayley has a big rear end

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

I really like the idea of Miz and Zack as a heel team of reality show douchebags.

I don't like the idea of Miz and Ryder doing anything except going away forever.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Edwardian posted:

Triple H lurks among us. :conspiracy:

Considering he's a nerd (evidence: his taste in music and entrances) it wouldn't particularly shock me to find out he's somewhere on SA. Let's keep feeding him good ideas so wrestling stays pretty good.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Nope, Bailey owns and her gimmick is as similar to Emma's as Paige is to AJ.

Do you think any of that will show on the main roster because honestly I'm expecting a wacky santino love triangle when the time comes

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
As someone who watches the product, I also fully expect Bayley to pretty much instantly be paired up with some comedy act. Hell, I still expect that to happen to Paige sometime in the next few weeks.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Time for a new member of the band.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
We're a Three Man (and one woman) Baaaand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Last night on NXT it looked like they were fixing to pair up Bayley with Khali