Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Hello, I'm a big dumb jerk who joined AgentsofGOON and almost immediately stopping having time to play, and promptly forgot about it. I invite you all to call me mean names. To make amends, I've removed myself from the roster to make room for someone who can actually help the team out.

Sorry for the trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, I am getting spanked by the mission with Yelena, and two maggia dudes. The only way I can possibly win is if the cpu decides to use the Don's abilities instead of the Thug. Otherwise they just generate one 3-turn 2000 damage pistol each turn and Yelena can hit me with her black every 3-4 turns, which is kind of a problem when you're forced to use the human torch.

And this is on easy.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
I'm slowly churning my way through missions with Wolverine, Storm, and Johnny, and boy this isn't very fun at all.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

gently caress this event for real. I don't have a single psylocke or BP so for the millionth event in a row I am a loving useless pauper

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
We are 19/20 in AgentsofGOON and have no one pending for the first time in a while. Is your scrubby 5 man not pulling enough weight for your tastes? Join AgentsofGOON today! We usually get the bonus 3* covers from tournaments!

E: if Mark L is a goon he should post about it so I can approve him

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 11, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It's Bag Man time, motherfuckers!

(He wishes)

Battles are going to be a slog I think. Only team I can really field is Wolverine/Storm/Iron Man. Well, I can at least pick some of the easy prizes off.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
That, plus a single cover (the least useful) each of BP and Psylocke.

:(:respek::sigh:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'll be honest. Torch is pretty cool in this event.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Ghostlight posted:

I'll be honest. Torch is pretty cool in this event.

If you get off his black at the right time and lay down strike tiles it can be a life saver.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Mister Macys posted:

That, plus a single cover (the least useful) each of BP and Psylocke.

:(:respek::sigh:
So blue? Is there any goddamn use for those abilities? Why would I want to steal 15+ AP of the enemy's strongest color in 2-3 turns?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I hate these heroic events so drat much. The only buff the most recent character that you'll have at best 3 covers of (more like 1 or 2 or 0), and only let you use a tiny number of characters with no synergy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're p bad which is why our scores are so low. Think of it as a nice breaktime.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Infinite Karma posted:

So blue? Is there any goddamn use for those abilities? Why would I want to steal 15+ AP of the enemy's strongest color in 2-3 turns?

Blue's maybe annoying on defense, if they're saving up for multiple attacks in a turn. Still, it's just as likely if not more to hit a color they aren't using, and you probably can't so much with it either. 5/3/5's the way to go with her.

Blue on Panther's pretty decent. Particularly when you don't have access to stuns/heals like in this event, getting some shields up can be great.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Arschlochkind posted:

If you get off his black at the right time and lay down strike tiles it can be a life saver.
Being able to plop down his green after two matches is pretty good too - from then on it just sits there ready to convert any green AP you have to damage, and the more green you get the more efficient it is.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I hate to say it, but Bagman is useful. He has two abilities to lock down minion tiles. His yellow is inexpensive, his blue not so much. Plus his yellow eats Venom's web tiles. Its the closest thing to a stun we have. I stopped using Storm.

I got really lucky on the recruit tokens and got two more Torch covers. I've been doing better since I swapped out Storm too; I started using Torch's red more liberally.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That requires a slot for Bagman though. :colbert:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
I nabbed the last spot in Agents of GOON. I go through cycles of playing this game like a fiend and not playing much, I'll drop out as soon as the latest flash of interest fades, likely in a few weeks.

Edit: in-game name is DravenStone.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Boy, I sure love going up against Polarity himself in Hotshot; what with him having twice the points of the second place guy and a shield. :pwn:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Hmm. Is there a goon named 'TheFinn' playing?

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

They're p bad which is why our scores are so low. Think of it as a nice breaktime.

Yeah, getting Psylocke in the grey widow tournament means I have every character in my roster. Not much incentive to do much more until they bring in a new character or a new pve event.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I still like Psylocke and her blue power (which I just got in the GBW tourney) is at least useful in a low stress fight if you can deal with the timer. She's not a top tier character but since she's one of my favorite X-People anyway at least she's playable. Maybe a pairing with the Hood in a future lightning round situation.

The Venom PVE still sucks though. All the heroic PVEs seem to be fully aware of steal and heal team-ups, and it makes me want to grind through it a little less.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
New PVP up, Dark Avengers only, no boosted characters.

Time to bring the old Daken/Bullseye team out of retirement, I guess, just with Ares as the third instead of Thor.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

If anyone wants to join an alliance we still have a spot open in bad alliance, despite the silly name we are actually doing pretty well.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Scob posted:

If anyone wants to join an alliance we still have a spot open in bad alliance, despite the silly name we are actually doing pretty well.

I sent a request, name in game is Triplexpac

I left the Anime alliance, if anyone wants in there! Just thought I'd change things up.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
D3 should remove blue tiles for the new tournament. Only Yelena can match them for damage, and no one has a blue power.

No way I'm doing good this time.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I have no clue why they're pimping new cap so hard.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
I applied to Bad Alliance as Bet. I have like 1k coins so I might be able to buy another spot, not sure what the cost is.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Man, either a third of Pizza Dog is waiting until the last minute to start Hot Shot or they really just don't care. I'd think people would want to do a few fights in any given tournament for the ISO if nothing else.

Also, I used the weak team trick for tanking MMR in the last series of lightning rounds and it made a huge difference. I went from regularly fighting people with maxed three star characters to fighting people will one and two star characters, often under level 85. Which means I'm going to do really well in Hot Shot, when getting the covers isn't as big a deal, but still.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

We are 19/20 in AgentsofGOON and have no one pending for the first time in a while. Is your scrubby 5 man not pulling enough weight for your tastes? Join AgentsofGOON today! We usually get the bonus 3* covers from tournaments!

E: if Mark L is a goon he should post about it so I can approve him

That's me! I'd love to join up if you still have a spot.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

ExCruceLeo posted:

I applied to Bad Alliance as Bet. I have like 1k coins so I might be able to buy another spot, not sure what the cost is.

Well poo poo man I wish I would have seen this first as I let the other guy in, we can keep you on there until someone buys a slot.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Sefer posted:

Man, either a third of Pizza Dog is waiting until the last minute to start Hot Shot

That's my plan. I play some but not enough to contend for the top spot since I'm not paying to play a free game. So I try to make a bum rush at the end and get into the 250 range at best. It all depends on timing but that's my general MO.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Sefer posted:

Man, either a third of Pizza Dog is waiting until the last minute to start Hot Shot or they really just don't care. I'd think people would want to do a few fights in any given tournament for the ISO if nothing else.

Also, I used the weak team trick for tanking MMR in the last series of lightning rounds and it made a huge difference. I went from regularly fighting people with maxed three star characters to fighting people will one and two star characters, often under level 85. Which means I'm going to do really well in Hot Shot, when getting the covers isn't as big a deal, but still.

Welll...the prizes are real poo poo. I'm probably gonna not care for the dark avengers one.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Sefer posted:

Man, either a third of Pizza Dog is waiting until the last minute to start Hot Shot or they really just don't care.

That's the idea yeah. I'll probably hop in with about an hour and a half/two hours to go and grind out a top ten spot. If work gets in the way I just start whenever and grind as many wins as I can on the bus to work.

Not that I really care about Ragnarok covers but I could use some ISO now that I'm back under 200k from taking a Modern Storm 2-50 for heroic Venom.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Rag has nice abilities, but why does he only do extra damage in 2 colors?

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Bag-Thor used to be so overpowered that he didn't need to do extra damage, but ever since he was nerfed the devs didn't bother to properly re-balance his skills (or something).

Looking at the BiG tourney the go-to team to beat will be Rags, Ares, and Daken. At least that'll be the A-team I'll be fielding. Also the finish time conflicts with Venom heroic so I think I'll just grind to 800-900 with one day left then throw up a 24hr shield.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
This is the first time I've ever seen an in-game opportunity to get up to 15 covers for a single 3* character within two weeks.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

This is the first time I've ever seen an in-game opportunity to get up to 15 covers for a single 3* character within two weeks.

Yeah, I got 13 covers for Ares over the course of the event that introduced him (and I'm pretty sure there were a bunch available as prizes I didn't get), but this is a new one for 3* ones.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I maxed out a 13-cover Patch in the first 2 weeks when they first released him.

Also I get a strong feeling the next PVE event will feature boosted lazycap/lazythor with lazydaken as rewards.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

gromdul posted:

Rag has nice abilities, but why does he only do extra damage in 2 colors?

Because he only has 2 different color covers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Sefer posted:

New PVP up, Dark Avengers only, no boosted characters.

Time to bring the old Daken/Bullseye team out of retirement, I guess, just with Ares as the third instead of Thor.

I won two matches with a single maxed out Ares. Proud of myself.