Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

Do you think any of that will show on the main roster because honestly I'm expecting a wacky santino love triangle when the time comes

I have no idea, but probably not. That said, I think Bayley's gimmick comes off better with no setup than Emma's would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

tbqh all of the gimmicks in NXT feel like New Generation cartoon acts (save for maybe the Ascension who are more mid-90's Dark Horse Comics characters). Most of them will only work as comedy midcarders, especially Breeze and Parker and Rose, especially if they continue to completely short any and all workers outside the main event on promo time. Even if they do get promo time they will be WHATed into oblivion.

At least Paige has a foothold in the championship, that's as good a shot as anybody in NXT is going to get in the near future.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

tbqh all of the gimmicks in NXT feel like New Generation cartoon acts (save for maybe the Ascension who are more mid-90's Dark Horse Comics characters). Most of them will only work as comedy midcarders, especially Breeze and Parker and Rose, especially if they continue to completely short any and all workers outside the main event on promo time. Even if they do get promo time they will be WHATed into oblivion.

At least Paige has a foothold in the championship, that's as good a shot as anybody in NXT is going to get in the near future.

Sami Zayn is the other exception. Neville's fine too.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Sanguinia posted:

It's also possible that he decided the show was a failure because He dropped from 100k views to 50k views over the course of those three episodes. Breaking that replica US title was cute though.

You know, if Zach turned heel and found a tag team partner, especially if it was Titus, I bet they could do well in the tag division since it's light on heels right now.

Yeah they're both average at best in ring work but they're both pretty great talkers and they'd have an interesting dynamic if they were basically just using each other to get further because they both want to be World Champion and will backstab each other whenever necessary to reach that goal.

Becoming a heel tag team with a unique dynamic gave Rybaxel a new lease on their careers, so why not Zach?

It didn't help that when Zack got something of a mild push in late-2011 when he won the US title from Ziggler, he proceeded to gently caress up his first championship promo on Raw with Punk and Bryan, the other internet darlings, stood in the ring with him.

He's completely beige in the ring. He's not especially bad, but completely dull and boring. He has very little in the way of in-ring charisma and while it is saddening how WWE treated him when he was making a YouTube sensation (I was a big fan, I thought it was charming) when you don't actually have much talent to actually back it, and you complain online and via your ring gear, few people are going to stick around to be sympathetic.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You really think that Sami Zayn could get a comedy gimmick over?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

You really think that Sami Zayn could get a comedy gimmick over?

Good point. No way that'd ever happen.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Shima Honnou posted:

Considering he's a nerd (evidence: his taste in music and entrances) it wouldn't particularly shock me to find out he's somewhere on SA. Let's keep feeding him good ideas so wrestling stays pretty good.

Mr. Cool Ice is secretly Triple H

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

rather than having a cartoon personality, neville just has no personality

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

oatgan posted:

rather than having a cartoon personality, neville just has no personality

His personality is flips

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

His personality is flips

Which works for at least one person on the roster at a time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Which works for at least one person on the roster at a time.
Luckily his only competition is Sin Cara? Evan Bourne is still dead and Tyson Kidd is only on total divas. Oh and that werewolf lad from the Nexus is around somewhere too I guess.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Not to imply a 1-to-1 comparison, but at their cores The Rock and Edge were pretty cartoonish and comedic in their presentations and characters, as is John Cena. I think the idea that guys like Bo Dallas, Tyler Breeze or Alex Rose can't possibly succeeded above the comedy midcarder Santino level is facetious. The burden is on them to make us believe they can be serious and threatening when the time for it comes, just as that burden was on Rock, Edge and Cena when their characters were cracking jokes, rapping or having sex in the ring.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Doing comedy is not the same as having a comedy gimmick

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

@CodyRhodesWWE posted:

@ZackRyder please stop.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Cody is the voice of reason, which is only slightly less impressive than having the voice of Dusty.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Shima Honnou posted:

Cody is the voice of reason, which is only slightly less impressive than having the voice of Dusty.

Thee voith of reeeeeeeeson, bruddah!

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Flameingblack posted:

Oh and that werewolf lad from the Nexus is around somewhere too I guess.

Daniel Bryan doesn't do flips though.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Angular Landbury posted:

Flips, kicks, what's the difference?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Angular Landbury posted:

Pay attention when he runs into the corner!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Angular Landbury posted:

He does at least one backflip in every match!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If this was the Attitude Era, Zack Ryder would just get sent out and the APA would stiff him with stairs and clotheslines for minutes at a time. It might be preferable.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Angular Landbury posted:

:colbert:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Angular Landbury posted:

buddy I got one right here for you

*removes hand from pocket to reveal middle finger*

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Totally off-topic but god Steph doing the iron cross pose after the lariat makes me giggle every time.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When he used to do his sprindboard plancha over the guard rails he would sometimes turn it into a senton. Guess that was Bryan Danielson though so it doesn't count!

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 12, 2014

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Gaz-L posted:

Totally off-topic but god Steph doing the iron cross pose after the lariat makes me giggle every time.

I still can't get over her decided to be an irl Phoenix Wright character

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

She's trying to do the Rainmaker pose, you just can't tell because the cameraman forgot to zoom out.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Angular Landbury posted:

I meant Justin Gabriel, but it's okay I forgot his name too

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Fair enough.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Saint Mickles posted:

That WAS awesome! Thank you @JakeSnakeDDT @BigTimeWrestling & everyone on ‪#‎LongIsland‬ for a slitheringly good time!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Haha, that's awesome. :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Global Force Wrestling twitter is the saddest thing, it is just Jarrett posting pictures with other wrestlers at indie shows or autograph signings.

quote:

Bushwhacker auditions?!? @RealJeffJarrett with @BushwhackerLuke! #JoinTheForce

quote:

Excellence of Execution! @RealJeffJarrett & @karenjarrett with @BretHart! #JoinTheForce @GFWWrestling

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

The Global Force Wrestling twitter is the saddest thing, it is just Jarrett posting pictures with other wrestlers at indie shows or autograph signings.

Bushwhackers and Bret Hart: The spry up-and-comers you want headlining your new wrestling promotion.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Wanna see GFW tag team champs the active Bushwhacker and the living Road Warrior.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

yeah i want to see the bushwackers wrestle the tag team of zak monstarr and bongsmoke suplexer

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Via Facebook:

Mick Foley posted:

IN PRAISE OF AL SNOW

No, this is not a late April Fools joke or set-up for some kind of zinger at Al's expense. I've done all that before, and I certainly do intend to continue to get laughs at Al's expense until I'm old and grey...though, based on recent photos of me, I already AM old and grey. By the way, just to be clear, Al is NOT dead. The tone of the article might otherwise have been confusing..

No, this is just me taking the time to point out that Al was a uniquely talented, underutilzed wrestler and entertainer who has quietly ammased a very impressive legacy in the wrestling business.

I sincerely believe that ‪#‎WWE‬ missed the boat on Al when he was the lead trainer of ‪#‎ToughEnough‬. On a show that extebded past the traditional wrestling demographic, Al Snow was a caring, smart, funny trainer/coach/father figure - who could clearly handle himself in the ring. If the decision had been made to truly push him as an in-ring talent, I think he could have become a mainstream star and a great ambassador for the business.

That's all; I don't want to overdo it. Maybe I'l regret writing this - since, as they say, once it's out there on social media, it's there forever. Maybe writing "In Praise of Al Snow" will haunt me for the rest of my days. But Al is a great guy, a great friend, and a credit to the business - and I thought this post might serve as a reminder of his contributions.

(check out those fanny packs on Snow, Mick Foley & 2 Hotty)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's kind of funny how crazy over Al Snow was in ECW. Like, 'So many people are waving styrofoam heads and chanting along to this Prodigy song that the arena is shaking' over.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I see ol' Mickles lost another bet again.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Mick Foley - why have you done this to me???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Via Twitter:

Hall of Famer Razor Ramon posted:

From a wheelchair to the WWE Hall of Fame...thanks @RealDDP from me and Jake

Hall of Famer Jake "The Snake" Roberts posted:

Amen