Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Those helmets look pretty baller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I like the white ones although oddly it reminds me of a sweater.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
The all black unis are ugly in the promo shot, but I'll reserve judgement until they take the field.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Everything's great but the sneezing Elvis logo.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Great looking uni.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Hate to admit it, but the gold chrome facemask + helmet combo is p baller.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I usually like weird rear end uniforms but those Florida State ones just ain't doin it for me, maybe it's just because I don't really like FSU :shrug:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The collar is way too busy but that is a sexy color scheme and that helmet is beautiful

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Bleh fuckin Nike makes me feel like a fuddy-duddy for preferring a solid color to whatever super-busy pattern they want to put in as an accent on unis. The helmets are pretty cool though. All-blacks are ugly but everyone's gotta have em.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It makes sense with high def tvs to have more intricate jerseys.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

I'd never thought of it that way, but that is a really good point.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Digging the swastisleeves

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hate FSU but those unis are great sans the terrible new logo

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
That Seminole looks like he's getting something shoved up his rear end

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
They remind me of when I would screw around with Teambuilder custom uniforms in the NCAA games and use the four uniform slots: one home, one away, one "blackout" and one throwback / retro-style.

These all look pretty cool.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

MonsterWalk posted:

Digging the swastisleeves

Think their twitter says it means, Arrow; Man on Horse; Fire.

I like them though.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Is there a knock off site for caps like there are for jerseys? I've love to not pay $35 for a 59Fifty

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Has anyone used jerseyshome.com or what's the go to site for now?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Eifert Posting posted:

Wellllll it makes it possible, it doesn't mean it makes sense

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Rap posted:

I think the patterning on the Seahawks pants looks good and makes sense, and prior to HDTV it probably would not have worked at all. A little variety and change is good for the aesthetic looks of the uniforms. Sure, classics like the Browns, Steelers, and Giants should remain largely untouched, but trying out these intricate patterns is a boon for the fan.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
Just the description of the Browns possible new uniform made me puke a little. I agree with the earlier post that said the white one white uniforms are perfect. They should be our go to uni for every game.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rap posted:

What exactly would you say is the point of a sports uniform?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Eifert Posting posted:

Knowing which guys I love unconditionally and which guys I literally hate.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Eifert Posting posted:

Tradition

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nerve posted:

Tradition

Then literally anything is good, providing it's been around for 30 years.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

I never thought I'd see a Bengals fan calling Big Ben good.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Eifert Posting posted:

This seems to be what people constantly complain about. New jerseys own though, please let Nike redesign literally every team's kit

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jerseys and uniforms are icons. Some teams, like the Browns, Steelers (ugh), Packers and so on are lucky enough to have 40 year old kits with a storied history, universal simple appeal and instant recognition. Some teams have that and throw them away (Looking at you Rams). Other teams are either too new or too unremarkable and have to keep looking. But at the end of the day what it boils down to is they have to distinguish themselves visually and saying every team has to make basic, old fashioned unis is just as (if not more) idiotic than saying perfect, established unis need a pointless Nike update.

In a perfect world the Browns would never be touched while other kits would change every year until they loving get it right. I wish they could change the Buccs jersey right now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

Jerseys and uniforms are icons. Some teams, like the Browns, Steelers (ugh), Packers and so on are lucky enough to have 40 year old kits with a storied history, universal simple appeal and instant recognition. Some teams have that and throw them away (Looking at you Rams). Other teams are either too new or too unremarkable and have to keep looking. But at the end of the day what it boils down to is they have to distinguish themselves visually and saying every team has to make basic, old fashioned unis is just as (if not more) idiotic than saying perfect, established unis need a pointless Nike update.

In a perfect world the Browns would never be touched while other kits would change every year until they loving get it right. I wish they could change the Buccs jersey right now.

Hopefully they just change the Bucs back to either of their previous unis.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Hopefully they just change the Bucs back to either of their previous unis.

All they really need is a less idiotic font. I bet they'd look a lot better in motion with a couple minor tweaks.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Eifert Posting posted:

You say this like the Creamsicle wasn't perfect

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

A source connected to Nike says This is the closest concept they've seen to date regarding the browns uniforms in '15

Please be true.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No white pants, voted one.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Those would be a relief but seriously the white/white is so loving good

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Touissant i bet you and i can find common ground on throwbacks. Broncos old maroon/yellow and Eagles old yellow/sky blue? Thoughts???

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Rap posted:

Eagles old yellow/sky blue? Thoughts???
Own forever.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

If the Brown pants are true, at least there is a goddamn stripe on them. Plain brown pants are the worst.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

squarerandom posted:

Has anyone used jerseyshome.com or what's the go to site for now?

yukijersey is now cheapjersey01.com

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Qwijib0 posted:

yukijersey is now cheapjersey01.com

It's also NewYukiJersey.com I think. Ordered from there a couple times since the shutdown and it's come in good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rap posted:

Touissant i bet you and i can find common ground on throwbacks. Broncos old maroon/yellow and Eagles old yellow/sky blue? Thoughts???

Honestly I don't really care about throwbacks. If the Eagles are gonna do throwbacks I'd rather see Kelly Green, I think I'd like them more if it was a different franchise, or if the Kelly Greens were their default jerseys. The Broncos throwbacks seem like a mess to me.

I will say that I'm positively enraged the Packers can't wear those faux leather helmets anymore, those were great in a lighthearted sort of way.

• Locked thread