Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PaybackJack posted:

You know I hadn't watched TNA for a long while and randomly caught the Young/Abyss match where he unmasked Abyss on Youtube. I didn't recognize the guy. He had throat surgery too iirc so his voice is a lot more rough now. I was actually pretty impressed, he was always a good worker and his new look and voice gave him a nice makeover. From reading the spoilers though it doesn't sound like they've been building this up at all which is the bigger problem. I used to hate Eric Young too. He looked too weak to be a heel and too pretty to be a baby face; not to mention the stupid gimmicks they threw him in.

That match is LITERALLY the only match where they've tried to legitimize him at all in any way in years, and he still lost. The rest of it has all been comedy jobber bullshit basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I'm glad we don't live in a world where oatgan books battle royals.

I actually agree with Oatgan on this one. My suspension of disbelief only goes so far. Ninety-nine percent of Kofi was on the floor but because his feet were on a different surface he magically doesn't lose.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

I actually agree with Oatgan on this one. My suspension of disbelief only goes so far. Ninety-nine percent of Kofi was on the floor but because his feet were on a different surface he magically doesn't lose.

Rules are rules. You don't magically get a home run instead of a foul ball because 99% of the flight path was inside the line. The rules says you're out when your feet touch the floor.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Aw man, no hilarious outrage? My kingdom for the days of the Adrenaline Flush comps. :smith:

There was some hilarious outrage, but the best came during the Sam Shaw segment. Bryan didn't see Shaw escaping from the van so he was praying the segment may have been a write off. When he realized it wasn't he flipped out.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Russo is back so let's play the game where everything's made up and the belts don't matter.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

weekly font posted:

Russo is back so let's play the game where everything's made up and the belts don't matter.

But without Hogan who do we make bald jokes at?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

it isn't 'magic,' it's literally the rules of the match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

My point was that if you are on the floor you should be out and that the rules themselves are bad. "Both Feet Must Touch" only exists for cheeky spots which can be cool sometimes (Morrison parkouring his way back) but have gone too far in recent years (Kofi's handstand)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

My point was that if you are on the floor you should be out and that the rules themselves are bad. "Both Feet Must Touch" only exists for cheeky spots which can be cool sometimes (Morrison parkouring his way back) but have gone too far in recent years (Kofi's handstand)

If the spot was some guy gets tossed but just lazily lifts one leg up as he hits the floor then keeps it off the ground as he gets to his feet and hops back to the apron then yeah I'd say it was lame, but the spots are all fun and unique and don't end with the guy winning the match so who cares

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I was disappointed the show ended before Eric Young won the title just to see you guys just suddenly breakdown laughing at that farce.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I was disappointed the show ended before Eric Young won the title just to see you guys just suddenly breakdown laughing at that farce.

Yeah same, I kept hoping it would make it in before the end. You should have gone for the 5th hour!

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 11, 2014

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Why do you need both shoulders on the canvas to count for a pinfall? Surely only 1 is enough! And aren't you pinned with both hips on the mat, too? A ridiculous rule.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the floor is lava is the superior battle royal rule system

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Would you still need to go over the ropes under your rules, or would it be the Dean Malenko Catch-As-Catch-Can match rules?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

dsriggs posted:

Would you still need to go over the ropes under your rules, or would it be the Dean Malenko Catch-As-Catch-Can match rules?
It's really quite simple...

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Battle Royals suck.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Battle Royals suck.

Except the Royal Rumble.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

oatgan's Randy Anderson joke killed me. Pee Wee thrashed that poor idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj6QoYTSPhQ&t=21s

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Except the Royal Rumble.

or the andre battle royal

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: wrong thread

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Blasmeister posted:

If the spot was some guy gets tossed but just lazily lifts one leg up as he hits the floor then keeps it off the ground as he gets to his feet and hops back to the apron then yeah I'd say it was lame, but the spots are all fun and unique and don't end with the guy winning the match so who cares

I really want to see this spot now.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Did Zach Gowan ever enter any battle royals? He'd be unstoppable.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Meat Recital posted:

Did Zach Gowan ever enter any battle royals? He'd be unstoppable.

Oh will you stop!

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Finally, after weeks of test episodes, technical issues, scheduling conflicts, dealing with unreliable guests, and general grown-up poo poo...

Wrestling With Marks-ism - Episode 1: The Ultimate Debut

Zarikov and I were high school friends and former roommates in college. While I have been a wrestling fan since 1998, Zarikov has just within the past year caught Wrestle Fever. The overall inspiration for this podcast was to address the stigma that surrounds being a wrestling fan. I'm sure many of us have had "The Wrestling Conversation" at some point when, for example, dating someone new. Of course, somewhere along the way either by way of intoxication or exhaustion, most episodes will probably degenerate into dick jokes with names of wrestlers thrown into the punch line. Join me as I stammer my way through introducing Zarikov to this crazy world we all know and love.

In our debut episode, Zarikov and I reflect on his first Wrestlemania Weekend, discuss our upcoming wrestling adventures, Chuck E. Cheese, wrestling shitheads, drugs, and probably say some really offensive things yet still expect you, the listener, to take us seriously as well-adjusted adults. Honestly, I think we had better showings some of the test runs, we already had someone gently caress up our debut episode last week and it was either time to poo poo or get off the pot. Not to mention that I hadn't slept well all week.

Approval is pending on the iTunes store right now, but here is the RRS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/WrestlingWithMarks-ism

If I need to upload to an additional host, I will, but I figure that tindeck cover all our bases.

ExplodeYourself fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 12, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Its funny how unsurprised I was once Zarikov said he was at Pittsburgh during the weekend because he has the accent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ExplodeYourself posted:

Wrestling With Marks-ism - Episode 1: The Ultimate Debut

For a brief beautiful moment, I thought this was a wrestling podcast with Slavoj Žižek :shobon:

Zarikov
Jun 20, 2004

Metal Gear? Metal Gear? Metal Gear!
Dinosaur Gum

Jerusalem posted:

For a brief beautiful moment, I thought this was a wrestling podcast with Slavoj Žižek :shobon:

If it makes you feel better I am a Zizek fan! :cool:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

@BryanAlvarez posted:

Signed, sealed and delivered -- Subscribed Granny to #WWENetwork for #LegendsHouse reviews!

That's gonna be....something.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

I was wondering what Jackie Fargo was doing with Bryan and then I remembered he was dead.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

Good lord, Alvarez is almost 39? I hope I look half that good at his age. :stare:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Good lord, Alvarez is almost 39? I hope I look half that good at his age. :stare:

He's going to get carded after he's AARP eligible.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

He's going to get carded after he's AARP eligible.

To be fair I gave a commencement speech at a high school (at age 26) about a year ago and had one person mistake me for a graduating student rather than the speaker, so really I know the feeling.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I started college at 28, and was put in English 101 with a bunch of high school kids doing running start. Two of them asked me what high school I go to. Not went to; go to. It's kind of nice still getting carded when you're a month away from 32.

Bryan, Foochs and I are all babyfaces. I guess that makes you guys heels. :smug:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

we mostly cheer heels and poo poo on babyfaces so yeah that's apt

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

oatgan posted:

we mostly cheer heels and poo poo on babyfaces so yeah that's apt
I respect this burn.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm 27 and in a post-bacc program and an 18 year old asked me out on a date cause she thought I "couldn't be older than 20."

Cringe.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm 23 and lovin it

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
When I was 16, people thought I was 25 because I didn't act my age. Now at 34, I tend to get mistaken for someone in their early 20's for the same reason.

I can't win...

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Who wants to start the punchsport agecast with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tell me how it feels to be old so I can laugh at everyone.

• Locked thread