Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wait, are there two versions of that image? Or the Busey one is zoomed out or something?}

The first one posted here was cropped. Maybe someone didn't want cards and handguns associated with drugs and skulls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wait, are there two versions of that image? Or the Busey one is zoomed out or something?}

Yeah the Busey image is the uncropped version b/w Busey heads.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Chard posted:

timg i guess :sigh:

Is this anime? I feel like this might be anime. It's in the eyes.

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 04:53 on Apr 12, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

mng posted:

Coke, whiskey, nun-chucks, heroin, skull, hand prints, door, giant lamp... the guy has it all. AND THEN loving JESUS FUCKS HIS poo poo UP

"But during those trying times I only noticed one set of footprints, where were you during those times Lord?"

"High as balls man, loving high as balls. You have ANY IDEA how hard it is to walk when you are chasing the dragon? FFFFUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK now quit your bitching cause outta the 2 of us I'm the only one who's been nailed to a big piece of wood. Gimme that dime bag, I'ma loaves and fishes this bitch."

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Haruharuharuko posted:

And now in the overheated cab, her one bag beside her on the seat, she felt guilt at this deception, her mother sleeping there behind those darkened windows matted with frost, under the weight of her thirty-five years and the flowered duvet Chia had bought at Nordstrom's. When Chia had been small, her mother had worn her hair in a long braid, its tip skewered with turquoise and abalone and carved bits of bone, like the magical tail of some mythical animal, swaying there for Chia to grab. And the house looked sad, too, as if it regretted her leaving, white paint peeling from the underlying gray of ninety-year-old cedar clapboards. Chia shivered. What if she never came back?

"Where to?" the driver said, a black man in a puffy nylon jacket and a flat plaid cap.

"SeaTac," Chia said, and pushed her shoulders back into the seat.

Pulling out past the old Aeron the neighbors kept up on concrete blocks in the driveway.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

And now in the overheated cab, her one bag beside her on the seat, she felt guilt at this deception, her mother sleeping there behind those darkened windows matted with frost, under the weight of her thirty-five years and the flowered duvet Chia had bought at Nordstrom's. When Chia had been small, her mother had worn her hair in a long braid, its tip skewered with turquoise and abalone and carved bits of bone, like the magical tail of some mythical animal, swaying there for Chia to grab. And the house looked sad, too, as if it regretted her leaving, white paint peeling from the underlying gray of ninety-year-old cedar clapboards. Chia shivered. What if she never came back?

"Where to?" the driver said, a black man in a puffy nylon jacket and a flat plaid cap.

"SeaTac," Chia said, and pushed her shoulders back into the seat.

Pulling out past the old Aeron the neighbors kept up on concrete blocks in the driveway.

Goddamn. If this was the meme thread, I'd post the image of the bearded guy nodding.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dewgy posted:

A single in baseball means you only get to first base.

Ah, now it makes sense for everyone who doesn't live in a country afflicted by baseball. Thanks.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pharmaskittle posted:

Dude has a human skull on his table. Maybe let this one go, Jesus.

Most images of Jesus on the cross include a skull somewhere within the frame as a reference to Golgotha, or Adam's skull. It makes sense that a painting about Jesus making a sacrifice for man would throw that in there.

Or the dude is a serial killer. Honestly, it could go either way.

A Fucker IRL
Jan 25, 2014

by Baldo di Gregorio

Max posted:

Most images of Jesus on the cross include a skull somewhere within the frame as a reference to Golgotha, or Adam's skull. It makes sense that a painting about Jesus making a sacrifice for man would throw that in there.

Nah, hes just really cool.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Scarf posted:

The Lord has some pretty sick ink.

Yeah, what about Leviticus 19:28?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A Fucker IRL posted:

Nah, hes just really cool.

Max has a pretty good point, though.

A Fucker IRL
Jan 25, 2014

by Baldo di Gregorio

syscall girl posted:

Max has a pretty good point, though.

Jesus is a serial killer, in the same way Charles Manson is.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Haruharuharuko posted:

This is what happens when you put glitzy hubcaps on your chair wheels in a poor neighbourhood department.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

cyberia posted:

This is what happens when you put glitzy hubcaps on your chair wheels in a poor neighbourhood department.

Hahahaha please tell me they're spinners too that would be too perfect.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Can't tell if this one is funny or sad :smith:.

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Leviticus 19:28 posted:

Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

Oh man, cool. "I am the LORD." "I AM the Lord."

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Max posted:

I actually thought a skull in Christian-inspired painting is a memento mori.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Roger Tangerines posted:

Oh man, cool. "I am the LORD." "I AM the Lord."

"The LORD" is frequently used as a substitute for the tetragrammaton (יהוה, YHWH) following the Jewish practice of never actually speaking the name but using "Adonai" ("Lord") when praying, and HaShem (Hebrew, "the Name") when speaking, or (when written) G-d. The name of God being held sacred, religious Jews are forbidden from discarding any holy object, including anything with the name of God on it. By not writing the actual name of God (or speaking it). In addition to avoiding inadvertently destroying a holy object or having to preserve something that's otherwise inconsequential because the name of God is on it, I imagine there's also a desire to avoid accidentally blaspheming.

I know, I know, not funny and not a picture.

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

the jizz taxi posted:

I actually thought a skull in Christian-inspired painting is a memento mori.

In general, yes. But when you see it next to Jesus doing some sort of sacrifice, it's generally considered a visual stand in for the mountain where he was crucified.

Max has a new favorite as of 14:44 on Apr 12, 2014

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Max posted:

In general, yes. But when you see it next to Jesus doing some sort of sacrifice, it's generally considered a visual stand in for the mountain where he was crucified.

Is... Is that Zappachrist?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Centripetal Horse posted:

Is... Is that Zappachrist?

Zappa is both Christ and Zappa, what's the confusion here?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So Zappa is Christ and Lemmy is God? Who's the physical stand in for the Holy Spirit?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jack Daniels.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Every loving day. Every single loving day when i come home this little human being just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

DiggityDoink posted:

Every loving day. Every single loving day when i come home this little human being just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Max posted:

Also the painting is called 'Calvary' because the artist would hate for anyone to miss the obvious. His name is Stephen Sawyer and his website has shitloads more Jesus paintings most of which are also hilarious, such as his multiple paintings of Jesus as an 'undefeated' boxer.

"Get ready for the one two combo of REPENTANCE and FORGIVENESS right in your face, bitch! I'm gonna break your nose with my RIGHTEOUS COMPASSION!"

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

AndyElusive posted:

gently caress sake. More like :nms:

No, it's vodka you pleb.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also the painting is called 'Calvary' because the artist would hate for anyone to miss the obvious. His name is Stephen Sawyer and his website has shitloads more Jesus paintings most of which are also hilarious, such as his multiple paintings of Jesus as an 'undefeated' boxer.

"Get ready for the one two combo of REPENTANCE and FORGIVENESS right in your face, bitch! I'm gonna break your nose with my RIGHTEOUS COMPASSION!"

These are amazing. 80s action movie / thrash metal Jesus is the best Jesus.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

"it only cost 99 cents"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hahaha holy goddamn that is a sexy white Jesus.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Triskelli posted:

"it only cost 99 cents"

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Well now I've seen everything.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

hamster_style posted:

Your reference didn't go unnoticed. That poor guy :smith:

I could have sworn the goon also installed a hidden camera in her room or something at the same time so that he could watch her sleeping, then got surprised when she discovered it and was angry.

Edit:

"Yes, Jesus, I see the wave. That's very helpful. :rolleyes:," said David Spade.

Note: When I right-clicked view image, I got a message that I needed to email them if I wanted to use the image. I didn't email them. :ohdear:

This would make a sweet magic card.

Oh god. These pictures are all so wonderful. There's also one with Jesus looking around to make sure no one is watching him before he breaks into a house.

Scarf posted:

The Lord has some pretty sick ink.

Edit2: I...I just can't stop looking at these pictures. The artist has also put up his daughter's scribbles for sale. It's $32 for a print by an elementary school child.

Bored has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Apr 12, 2014

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Bertrand Hustle posted:

"The LORD" is frequently used as a substitute for the tetragrammaton (יהוה, YHWH) following the Jewish practice of never actually speaking the name but using "Adonai" ("Lord") when praying, and HaShem (Hebrew, "the Name") when speaking, or (when written) G-d. The name of God being held sacred, religious Jews are forbidden from discarding any holy object, including anything with the name of God on it. By not writing the actual name of God (or speaking it). In addition to avoiding inadvertently destroying a holy object or having to preserve something that's otherwise inconsequential because the name of God is on it, I imagine there's also a desire to avoid accidentally blaspheming.

So you are saying that the Palestinians just need to write the name of the lord on their buildings? Someone should tell them.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Dr. Lenin posted:

Thought that looked familiar.

That's a cool painting, but is there a gap at the bottom of the tower to let the sun through, or is the tower simply a figment of his imagination?

It could also be a reference to something I don't get.

The Dreamer
Oct 15, 2013

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

That loving Sned posted:

That's a cool painting, but is there a gap at the bottom of the tower to let the sun through, or is the tower simply a figment of his imagination?

It could also be a reference to something I don't get.

Dark Tower series I think.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

Well now I've seen everything.
It's drat tasty, too. I'll try the spearmint lime variety next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I can't be the only person in the world who hates the gently caress out of mint can I? Why is there no non-mint, non-kids toothpaste that isn't just "plain baking soda flavor." I just want clean teeth without feeling like my tastebuds have been molested.

• Locked thread