Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Doji Sekushi posted:

All I want for it is one wish.
No! You've had enough plastics for your loving trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

No that's Nekros.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Doji Sekushi posted:

I may have an extra one. I'll be home in an hour or so. All I want for it is one wish.

I have one already. I just paid plat for it many months ago.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Passburger posted:

Dark Sector Servants
Clan does not exist.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I call him Puddles.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
I spent like 25 forma to finish three rooms.

Also, the Tenno Way is my new favorite way to play Warframe.

Unequip your primary.
Unequip your secondary.

Just you and your sword.
Go for it.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Vriess posted:

Unequip your primary.
Unequip your secondary.

Just you and your sword.
Go for it.
But but ... mastery points!

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Vriess posted:

Unequip your primary.
Unequip your secondary.

Just you and your sword.
Go for it.

I'd love to do melee runs, but I bring at least a sidearm in case there are some annoying drones (or hovering jetpack dudes) that I just can't hit with anything. Wish there was just some way to do your normal slashing and hacking while in the air to get rid of those annoying fuckers.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Nitrox posted:

But but ... mastery points!

When you have only one weapon equipped your leeched XP doesn't get divided.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
Welp I did something I didn't think I would do today, I formaed my dual zoran. With melee 2.0 they can kill large danger foes like grinner heavy gunners faster and more safely then my soma, which I also just formaed for the first time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I just finished my third, and (I think) final forma on my Soma, it is now a death machine. Of course, it could be even more of a death machine, but I need to continue the slow Serration grind. That and top off my elemental mods to 11 instead of 10. Corrosive continues to by my favorite damage type, but the third element is either fire for Infested or cold for anything else.

Fun gun.

BTW just in case someone was too weak willed to wait to build one, how is the Nikana? Apparently the stance for katana is very rare?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 12, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

So is elemental the way to go now with the Soma? I have mine only formaed once yet but I'm doing rather well... only focused on crit chance/crit damage though.

that 75% for 8.4 times the damage really does it for me.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I just finished my third, and (I think) final forma on my Soma, it is now a death machine. Of course, it could be even more of a death machine, but I need to continue the slow Serration grind. That and top off my elemental mods to 11 instead of 10. Corrosive continues to by my favorite damage type, but the third element is either fire for Infested or cold for anything else.

Fun gun.

BTW just in case someone was too weak willed to wait to build one, how is the Nikana? Apparently the stance for katana is very rare?

I could recommend using a dual elemental and switching in Hammer Shot on your third elemental slot to boost your crit damage even more.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Feindfeuer posted:

I'd love to do melee runs, but I bring at least a sidearm in case there are some annoying drones (or hovering jetpack dudes) that I just can't hit with anything. Wish there was just some way to do your normal slashing and hacking while in the air to get rid of those annoying fuckers.

Using the one true frame, Excalibur, you can jump up and stab them in the head.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Vriess posted:

I could recommend using a dual elemental and switching in Hammer Shot on your third elemental slot to boost your crit damage even more.

Left is third elemental, right is hammershot.

Left is 119 damage x 6.6 = 785.4
Right is 87.5 x 8.4 = 735

I doubt the slight increase in status chance evens things out. Also while the non crit damage is minor that third elemental boost applies even to non crits.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 12, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

sleeptalker posted:

Using the one true frame, Excalibur, you can jump up and stab them in the head.

:stare: I totally forgot about the super jump ability. And with the nice Hayden Tenno skin in my inventory I might just have something new to play with.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Apparently the ultra sperges/tryhards of Warframe are Eclipse Alliance, who are deploying bunches of rails as I post.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I think we're up to 8 at this point. That's a loving shitload of money they threw at the game.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
How bad is ping going to affect me in this game? Just downloaded it and completed the tutorial, but can't find anyone in Asia to play with.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

How bad is ping going to affect me in this game? Just downloaded it and completed the tutorial, but can't find anyone in Asia to play with.

It will detect the person with the lowest ping and best computer to be the host. If your connection to that person is terrible, you will notice things jumping around, but the shooting is client side, so if you hit something on your screen, it'll die.

It's peer to peer so that question's answer is "variably".

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

To give an example of how bad lag can ruin the game, I recently had a game degenerate to the point of unplayability to the point where I could no longer run. I could only roll to my destination and had to aim to change my roll direction to that angle. If you don't have much lag then you're fine but if lag gets really bad, the game kind of falls apart due to its terrible netcode.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

That was a survival mission, right?
That was not a lag issue, but activating the tanks could leave you in a state where you could only roll and change direction via aim or block. This could be sometimes recovered from by leaving a room. Also it was (or at least was claimed) to be fixed in todays hot fix.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
Huh. So somewhat new to this game and wondered what would happen with trying out a nightmare mission, expecting to die horribly. Apparently the grustrag will super debuff you if you die? Not sure if I should just quit, try to find a way to get the components for the bolt release (which was what I was hoping I could get in the nightmare mission in the first place) or ???

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Fist stance, hell yeah. (not my video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtTdYO3pkf8

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

Wookie Bouquet posted:

Huh. So somewhat new to this game and wondered what would happen with trying out a nightmare mission, expecting to die horribly. Apparently the grustrag will super debuff you if you die? Not sure if I should just quit, try to find a way to get the components for the bolt release (which was what I was hoping I could get in the nightmare mission in the first place) or ???

It only affects your damage against Grineer, so as long as you fight Corpus or infested you should be fine.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Wookie Bouquet posted:

Just get the components. The bolt only debuffs you against Grineer (and even then you'll just be doing half damage, it doesn't make you totally useless). Everything needed to get the bolt off can be found without having to fight them, so it's not as big a deal as you might think at first. Morphics should be easy to find on Mars, Neurodes on Eris or in Derelicts (also Earth, but that means fighting more Grineer), Neural Sensors on Jupiter, and Oxium you'll probably get as a side bonus of fighting Corpus to get the rest.

If you're having trouble, just ask in clan chat for some help. It's also probably a good idea to steer clear of nightmare missions until you really know what you're doing.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Helter Skelter posted:

Just get the components. The bolt only debuffs you against Grineer (and even then you'll just be doing half damage, it doesn't make you totally useless). Everything needed to get the bolt off can be found without having to fight them, so it's not as big a deal as you might think at first. Morphics should be easy to find on Mars, Neurodes on Eris or in Derelicts (also Earth, but that means fighting more Grineer), Neural Sensors on Jupiter, and Oxium you'll probably get as a side bonus of fighting Corpus to get the rest.

If you're having trouble, just ask in clan chat for some help. It's also probably a good idea to steer clear of nightmare missions until you really know what you're doing.

Ok cool, this sounds less of a deal than it seems like. Eris is the only place I haven't really unlocked yet, so it shouldn't be that bad to just pick out the Corpus missions.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Tried to finish an alert, and we ended up stuck with a broken door and nothing beyond it.

Not even Zorencopter could defeat this mightiest of adversaries.

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Passburger fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 21, 2016

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Passburger posted:

This could be a bug, here's a print to prove their name.
You can also try them by their old clan name and see if it works, they used to be called Troll Masters. Just make sure Skullservant is in the clan, then you got the right one.
You might want to submit a support ticket, because it's telling me that neither of them exist.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So how does the new Vey Hek work in his first floaty phase? Is he only vulnerable when draining someone's energy?

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Pierson posted:

So how does the new Vey Hek work in his first floaty phase? Is he only vulnerable when draining someone's energy?

Only when he's yelling. The thing on top of his suit will flash and his face mask will open when he is yelling. Shoot him in the face.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Okay no wonder I was having trouble then since I'd brought none-hitscan guns and he wobbles about like a bad spinning top. Lesson learned.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Why does -duration affect dash length
please tell me im not the only one who thinks this doesn't make sense

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

You might want to submit a support ticket, because it's telling me that neither of them exist.

It's done :) I'll let you know whenever they fix this. In other news, we have a solar rail at your disposal. Just tell me where you want it and I'll take it to the chief.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Terbulus posted:

Sorry man makes sense to me, a lot of Slash Dash power comes from how many dudes you can blast through so why wouldn't -duration make that time shorter?

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Terbulus posted:

It does make sense because range increases your slashing area turning you into a huge sharp cannonball.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The longer you dash, the further you can go. Range increases the area in which you do damage as you travel forward. Makes perfect sense for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dimix posted:

Only when he's yelling. The thing on top of his suit will flash and his face mask will open when he is yelling. Shoot him in the face.

Does no one else hear the siren that goes off whenever his mask opens? When I was doing it, no one with me seemed to know what I was talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The Shamrock Color Pack is back in the market for 1,000 credits for some reason. So grab it if you missed it the first time, like I did.