Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think she's a particularly interesting choice if she gets in, but maybe they'll surprise me. Most of her moves are varieties of laser beam and it's easy enough to see how they'd fit into a moveset (final smash: Palutena Glam Blaster) but it's pretty generic and uninspiring.

Much as I'd love to see her (really, anybody from Uprising) get in, I agree that she does seem kind of redundant. Especially with Rosalina already filling the graceful, goddess character already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I haven't completed KI:U so I haven't seen her actually fight (If she does) but to parrot someone else the only thing I can see is the glamblaster being a final smash. What would she be? Another archer-type character?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zain posted:

I haven't completed KI:U so I haven't seen her actually fight (If she does) but to parrot someone else the only thing I can see is the glamblaster being a final smash. What would she be? Another archer-type character?

She's got a variety of laser attacks. Blasts and homing lasers and pillars that rise up from the ground and such. She'd probably be a long range/keepaway character.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Zain posted:

Pokemon is pretty much the one franchise that I'm okay has multiple representatives. Mostly cause they all feel unique.

Especially Pichu/Pikachu and Mewtwo/Lucario

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I really don't understand why people still say Lucario and Mewtwo are similar. Mewtwo's way floatier and Lucario's more of an up close fighter. The only thing they have in common are a charging standing B move.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Squallege posted:

I never Meta Knight that I didn't like IKE!

I mean c'mon dude

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sitting here I realized Megaman is going to be in this game.

Do you think they'll try to give him a voice? I think the only one that doesn't grunt/talk is Samus (suit) and it feels like it would be kinda odd if he didn't make any kind of sound at all.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Joramun posted:

Especially Pichu/Pikachu and Mewtwo/Lucario

Save for their B neutral move, Mewtwo and Lucario are nothing alike.

And Pichu was a joke character.

ChaosArgate posted:

I really don't understand why people still say Lucario and Mewtwo are similar. Mewtwo's way floatier and Lucario's more of an up close fighter. The only thing they have in common are a charging standing B move.

I think people are just trying to explain why Mewtwo was cut from Brawl. Since Young Link, Pichu, Dr Mario and Roy were cut and "replaced" (save for Dr.Mario and Pichu), it's easy to think "oh, so Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo."

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 12, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sitting here I realized Megaman is going to be in this game.

Do you think they'll try to give him a voice? I think the only one that doesn't grunt/talk is Samus (suit) and it feels like it would be kinda odd if he didn't make any kind of sound at all.

I doubt it. They're trying to keep the NES aesthetic for him so it'd be really weird to give him a voice.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I doubt it. They're trying to keep the NES aesthetic for him so it'd be really weird to give him a voice.

Jump! Jump! Slide! Slide!

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Save for their B neutral move, Mewtwo and Lucario are nothing alike.

Actually, it's more than that.

quote:

Brawl's Lucario and Super Smash Bros. Melee's Mewtwo share some properties. They both have bipedal bodies with small arms and a tail. Lucario's Aura is similar in appearance to Mewtwo's shadow energy. Both characters also possess floaty air movement, non-damaging Up Special Moves, fast and long distanced rolls, and similar Neutral Special Moves - Lucario's Aura Sphere grows in size as it is charged and damages opponents who contact it during its charging phase, in the same way as Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.

Lucario just started out as a modified Mewtwo clone and got differentiated from there. Fox and Wolf feel more different from each other than Lucario and Mewtwo do, to me.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ChaosArgate posted:

They've brought in a couple MvC moves for him too, so I hope he has the same taunt:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
VGBootCamp is streaming P:M and Melee at Civil War this weekend. It's P:M now, melee later tonight, with top 8 for both games tomorrow.

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Suspicious Cook posted:

They've brought in a couple MvC moves for him too, so I hope he has the same taunt:

Isn't that X though?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sire Oblivion posted:

Isn't that X though?

That is not X, no. X hasn't actually ever been in a fighting game as far as I know (unless you count Zero's alt costume in MvC3).

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Geostomp posted:

Much as I'd love to see her (really, anybody from Uprising) get in, I agree that she does seem kind of redundant. Especially with Rosalina already filling the graceful, goddess character already.

Yeah, but after replaying the Palutena battle on Intensity 9.0 in KI:U, I think that she could be a remarkably vicious combatant at any range if she cuts loose. She doesn't HAVE to be another "graceful, gentle" princess-type of fighter.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Why not have Palutena be Pitt's final smash?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Because we already saw his final smash, and it wasn't her.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Detective No. 27 posted:

They already did that in Brawl and it was pretty meh.

Honestly I liked Uprising enough that they could take that entire game's cast and make a fighting game with them alone and I'd be pretty happy.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

fivegears4reverse posted:

Yeah, but after replaying the Palutena battle on Intensity 9.0 in KI:U, I think that she could be a remarkably vicious combatant at any range if she cuts loose. She doesn't HAVE to be another "graceful, gentle" princess-type of fighter.

It's worth mentioning for the folks who haven't played or seen KI:U that "graceful, gentle" really isn't Palutena's personality in that game at all. Sure, she's concerned about her goddess duties, but she has quite a mischievous and playful streak that does a lot to lend the game its enjoyable atmosphere.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

It would be kind of neat if characters from KI:U gave commentary in much the same way that Metal Gear characters did during Snake's Codec calls in Brawl.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Zuzie posted:

It would be kind of neat if characters from KI:U gave commentary in much the same way that Metal Gear characters did during Snake's Codec calls in Brawl.

I'm hoping that Doc Louis live-comments Little Mac's moves like he does in the intro video, that's my one big hope for this game.

"Tear that armor up, Mac! Give 'em the goods!!!"

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Reiley posted:

I'm hoping that Doc Louis live-comments Little Mac's moves like he does in the intro video, that's my one big hope for this game.

"Tear that armor up, Mac! Give 'em the goods!!!"

That would be sick awesome. I can't wait for them to not do that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It'd be cool at first but after the 500th match it'd get old.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Endorph posted:

This is incorrect, sorry.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Endorph posted:

Make it toggleable in menu like literally everything else in the game.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Make it similar to Codec 'taunt'?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Do another taunt during it and Doc Louis eats a chocolate bar.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Make it toggleable in menu like literally everything else in the game.

The audience has never been a toggle, I don't think. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Interesting analysis of Smash Run mode by Gamexplain, if you're like me and kind of confused by the mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ8UQ-SWcHo

I'm more excited to see what enemies they'll add.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Angelina Jolie won't like that.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

TARDISman posted:

Do another taunt during it and Doc Louis eats a chocolate bar.

WHAT'S YOUR FINAL SMASH?? MINE'S CHOCOLATE.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So Gamestop is taking preorders now. I just reserved SSB4 on both consoles earlier this afternoon! :cool:

Now I just need to buy the consoles...

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

So Gamestop is taking preorders now. I just reserved SSB4 on both consoles earlier this afternoon! :cool:

Now I just need to buy the consoles...

You have more time to get the Wii U at least. But get the 3DSXL and get the awesome games already out for it!

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Usually I get games physically on 3DS, but I'm thinking about going digital for Smash 4 for the slight possibility I'm ever out with my 3DS and run into somebody else with the game. The Wii U version I'll definitely be going with a disk though, rather save the harddrive space for digital only games.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I'll almost definitely get 3DS Smash digitally, just so I have it to pick up and play.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Millions posted:

WHAT'S YOUR FINAL SMASH?? MINE'S CHOCOLATE.

I hope Aran Ryan is an assist trophy. He'll pick a random opponent, taunt them about cheeseburgers, then headbutt them.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I wonder how mad people would be if Sakurai didn't tell us any more of the roster, newcomer or veteran, and just left them as unlockable secrets.

Bonus points if the roster doesn't show you how many characters are still locked, and people continue to find new ones for at least a few weeks after release.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Unlockable characters in fighting games are sorta lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's not really a traditional fighting game, and New Challenger Appears is a pretty important staple of the franchise now.

• Locked thread