Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatGirlAtThatShow
Nov 4, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

If this was a clever strip, the Phantom would be waiting in the bar disguised as a guide, take her out in the jungle, run her around for a while, and then take her back. "Huh, guess it's just a myth..."

I hope that's what's going to happen, because the Groundhog Day storyline is very bad. Remember the prison arc? Crazy Captain Savarna? Those were awesome. I want more of THOSE kinds of stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
9 Junji Lane.

I'll post another horrific Brooke hand-sex strip tomorrow.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Darthemed posted:

Bloom County

So Breathed basically just drew a giant cock on Opus' face and got away with it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
3 days of Momma

In the final panel, Momma subverts her previous euphorium about her children's attentions. Classic joke structure.

The meaning of this strip eludes me. I presume that, like the previous strip, the final panel contains a comedic contradiciton of the foregoing, but they do not seem to tally. Is she calling the town, or perhaps more plausibly, her step-daughter a lier? She is definitely asserting that she, Momma, is a better cook, a common theme.

Here the subversion is reserved until the final sentence, an advanced level-joke. You think that she is advocating honourable matrimony, but instead Momma is shown to be an ice-cold gold digger. Have we ever seen the father, the "Pappa"? Mr. Big might know.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

TofuDiva posted:

From the archives of Cheap Thrills Cuisine

February 12, 2014: Horrifying Orzo Pasta Salad

I wish it wouldn't look at us that way..

The missing ingredient is Casu Marzu.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Back and comics are up! Yay.

Rose is Rose

Foob

Compu-Toon

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

To make up for Oh Brother and Four Eyes being MWF only, I'm picking up archived Inspector Danger for the off days.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

TofuDiva posted:

From the archives of Cheap Thrills Cuisine

February 12, 2014: Horrifying Orzo Pasta Salad

I wish it wouldn't look at us that way..

Japanese horror comics never fail to provide.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

This is shaping up to be the tackiest prom ever, and that's no easy feat.

Apartment 3-G

She's sneaking a deer into a motel room. Delightful. :allears:

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

You can still get a watch. I have a watch. I always feel awesome when I wear it. "Oh, what's that? You want to know what time it is? LET ME JUST LOOK AT MY WRIST! :cool:" Yeah, it doesn't take much. It's not even a nice watch.

The Amazing Spider-Man

That face! :neckbeard:

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Applying the 'Arlo and Janis is always about sex' rule and expanding it, this basically proves that all bibliophiles are also bibliophiliacs.

He gon gently caress dat book.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

That face! :neckbeard:

Robbie save the jonah in yet another iron man suit!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Crossposting from the bitcoin thread. Doesn't look like it's up on GoComics just yet.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Awesome, advance Drabble!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Mark Trail

Did you spot it yesterday? No? Well...
:siren::siren: New Mark Trail artist :siren::siren:
(He's been working with Jackelrod for a while on M Trail, especially on the Sunday strips, but Jackelrod is finally retiring. I don't expect much of a change in art but who knows, Allen might surprise us!)

Office Hours

Buz Sawyer (continues to be the best)

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 13, 2014

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Son of a motherfuck, they changed the Jackelrods.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Wanamingo posted:

Son of a motherfuck, they changed the Jackelrods.

Jackelrods have long been an endangered species.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Nice.

Phantom Classic

Nice!

Radio Patrol

It seems like I could really get to like this comic if I could ever get a handle on what the Sam Scratch is going on.

Rip Kirby

Today's Rip Kirby caused me to embark on a learning adventure! (In the form of a ten second GIS):

Good to know!

Big Ben Bolt

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

No, watching a YouTube video and copying that solution would be cheating.

Retail

Gnome infestation. Areas with lots of clothing are their natural habitats.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I wonder who's going to foot the bill for all this.

Dustin

How does Ed not fall in one of those aforementioned groups? Isn't he a hotshot jet-setting business traveler?

On the Fastrack

I would think all of your Facebook "likes" would tell your friends/stalkers/data-miners a lot more.

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Apparently discrepancies over whether Jesus rode a donkey and a colt or just a colt is an actual thing.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 13, 2014

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Here the subversion is reserved until the final sentence, an advanced level-joke. You think that she is advocating honourable matrimony, but instead Momma is shown to be an ice-cold gold digger. Have we ever seen the father, the "Pappa"? Mr. Big might know.

The father is dead, so clearly Momma bumped him off for all of the aforementioned bank account.

They occasionally do a strip with him looking down on Momma from heaven, and she has a picture of him at her bedside and talks to it about how rotten and ungrateful their kids are.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

I would think all of your Facebook "likes" would tell your friends/stalkers/data-miners a lot more.

Never worry about hitting on a straight guy again, just look out for the Grindr/Scruff/etc. icon on their clothes.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

How does Ed not fall in one of those aforementioned groups? Isn't he a hotshot jet-setting business traveler?

There's no way Ed doesn't have the mileage credit card. Frequent flyer miles are too rich of a dad-rant wellspring for him to possibly resist.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I wonder who's going to foot the bill for all this.

Whaddya know. It really was National Robotics Week.

There are robot trading cards.

:toot:

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Bleeker does a National Robotics Week storyline every year, and has actually been the official mascot of National Robotics Week.

In fact, the first year it was where Bleeker bought Karl on a whim!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wanamingo posted:

Crossposting from the bitcoin thread. Doesn't look like it's up on GoComics just yet.

I'm stuck on the text that's partly cut off on the right, "Neither of these is money." poo poo, someone better tell loving Canada.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

The Little King

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm stuck on the text that's partly cut off on the right, "Neither of these is money." poo poo, someone better tell loving Canada.
It's referring to the lack of anti-counterfeiting microprint and holograms on those two particular pictures of bills.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

The glass with Slylock's finger in the water becomes heavier. His finger takes the place of some of the water and also "fills in" for the weight of the displaced water. But since the water is still there, the glass weighs more, by the same amoiunt as the weight of the displaced water.

Slylock Fox

That's totally a selfie. I mean just look at it. Also Cassie has 400 more photos just like it in her Facebook albums.

Moose and Molly

Maybe Moose should work pizza delivery? He needs a job, right? It'd be perfect.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Winnie the Pooh

Isn't Pooh semi-literate at best anyway? What's he doing with that book?

I never thought of it that way.

Tigger is a drone prototype developed by the NSA.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Pentaro posted:

Japanese horror comics never fail to provide.

This is awesome. Franken Fran's Cheap Thrills Cuisine.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ghostlight posted:

It's referring to the lack of anti-counterfeiting microprint and holograms on those two particular pictures of bills.

So it's "C'eci ne pas une pipe"?

Hey kids, these low res pictres of money aren't actually redeemable for cash!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Cap'n Eddie is the best. :)

:)

9 Chickweed Lane 4/13/2003

Would've been funnier, Brooke, if you had little screams coming out of the bubbles as they popped, but whatever.

Zits

It is a sexual intercourse joke, you see. :ughh:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

Neither are Bitcoins. Won't that confuse them?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:gonk:

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ThatGirlAtThatShow posted:

I hope that's what's going to happen, because the Groundhog Day storyline is very bad. Remember the prison arc? Crazy Captain Savarna? Those were awesome. I want more of THOSE kinds of stories.

The weird thing is, the Sunday story is written by the same guy, but it's actually good. Maybe he just can't write two good stories at once?

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Mark Trail

Did you spot it yesterday? No? Well...
:siren::siren: New Mark Trail artist :siren::siren:
(He's been working with Jackelrod for a while on M Trail, especially on the Sunday strips, but Jackelrod is finally retiring. I don't expect much of a change in art but who knows, Allen might surprise us!)

No, I don't like it. Eddodd and Jackelrod both work perfectly as single words, but you just can't do that with James Allen. :geno:

Mandrake the Magician (1941-12-28)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

So it's "C'eci ne pas une pipe"?

I don't know if you're making a joke here, but isn't he saying that both of the photographed bills (not the photographs) are counterfeit? Canada hasn't had a $2 bill for like 20 years, and the American one has Beakman on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Tiggum posted:

The weird thing is, the Sunday story is written by the same guy, but it's actually good. Maybe he just can't write two good stories at once?

No, I don't like it. Eddodd and Jackelrod both work perfectly as single words, but you just can't do that with James Allen. :geno:

Don't forget the transitional Doddelrod.

• Locked thread