Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Coohoolin posted:

I'm going to Bergen for a week tomorrow to visit a lovely lassie and apparently Brann fans are really cool. I'm planning on hitting the Three Lions English Pub for the Scottish Cup semifinal on the 13th for one thing, but is there anywhere cool to go in my Aberdeen top to shoot the poo poo with some Brann people and trade chants or whatever?

Fotballpuben http://www.fotballpuben.no/ is a good place to start. Corner of Vestre Torggaten and Håkonsgaten in the city centre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Coohoolin posted:

I'm going to Bergen for a week tomorrow to visit a lovely lassie and apparently Brann fans are really cool. I'm planning on hitting the Three Lions English Pub for the Scottish Cup semifinal on the 13th for one thing, but is there anywhere cool to go in my Aberdeen top to shoot the poo poo with some Brann people and trade chants or whatever?
I've not actually lived in Bergen for a couple of years but I'm pretty sure the go-to place is still Fotballpuben (which as you've probably figured out means "the Football Pub"). Other than that about half the pubs in Bergen are sports places and like to send Brann matches; if you start at Fotballpuben, and go towards Three Lions you'll probably pass half a dozen of them. Brann has an away game on Friday at 1900, that's probably a good day to wander around the city centre looking for people wearing red.

Puseklepp posted:

gently caress Badji though.
Norling wants him to be more involved going forward, but he just looks so clueless whenever he gets the ball and brings all momentum to a halt. Meanders around for a while before passing back to the defenders. Or to the other team. :sigh:

I like that Norling doesn't seem afraid of benching people when they're not working out, though! Welcome change from the last few years.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Baggins posted:

Fotballpuben http://www.fotballpuben.no/ is a good place to start. Corner of Vestre Torggaten and Håkonsgaten in the city centre.

Zwachro posted:

I've not actually lived in Bergen for a couple of years but I'm pretty sure the go-to place is still Fotballpuben (which as you've probably figured out means "the Football Pub"). Other than that about half the pubs in Bergen are sports places and like to send Brann matches; if you start at Fotballpuben, and go towards Three Lions you'll probably pass half a dozen of them. Brann has an away game on Friday at 1900, that's probably a good day to wander around the city centre looking for people wearing red.

Ace, cheers fellas. If anyone's around and sees a tall bloke with long hair in an Aberdeen top I'll be happy to buy you a drink. If it's not too expensive. gently caress sakes.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

Zwachro posted:

I like that Norling doesn't seem afraid of benching people when they're not working out, though! Welcome change from the last few years.

I also like that he seems to be able to do needed changes early, and not wait until 75 minutes has passed until making offensive changes if we're in need of goals. Also, even though we lost, so was the football shown on Sunday the most fun to watch since 2011 at least. If we can continue like that, and also start converting chances into goal, it'll be a good season.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

http://www.bt.no/bergenpuls/Har-laget-dikt-av-Norling-sitater-3096145.html#.U0RZlqhdWSq

Some guys made a poem out of Norling quotes.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
It's cup time!

24. april:
Kråkerøy - Moss
Sarpsborg FK - Sarpsborg 08
Drøbak/Frogn - Pors
Nordstrand - Vålerenga
KFUM - Notodden
Lyn - Skeid
Hasle-Løren - Bærum
Oslojuvelene - Fredrikstad
Frigg - Sandefjord
Asker - Kvik Halden
Lommedalen - Mjøndalen
Lørenskog - Birkebeineren
Fet - Lillestrøm
Aurskog-Høland - Ull/Kisa
Hauerseter - Strømmen
Grue - Kongsvinger
Ottestad - HamKam
Brumunddal - Nybergsund
Gjøvik-Lyn - Eidsvold Turn
Raufoss - Holmen
Valdres - Follo
Jevnaker - Stabæk
Modum - Hønefoss
Drammen - Strømsgodset
Ørn Horten - Kjelsås
Fram - Larvik Turn
Kjapp - Odd
Jerv - Flekkerøy
Høllen - Start
Lyngdal - Egersund
Klepp - Bryne
Brodd - Viking
Sola - Sandnes Ulf
Åkra - FK Haugesund
Os - Vard Haugesund
Bjarg - Åsane
Varegg - Brann
Lyngbø - Nest-Sotra
Vadmyra - Fyllingsdalen
Fana - Stord
Florø - Førde
Årdal - Sogndal
Larsnes/Gurksen - Hødd
Bergsøy - Aalesund
Brattvåg - Kristiansund
Surnadal - Molde
Tynset - Elverum
Orkla - Rosenborg
Strindheim - Nardo
Kolstad - Rødde
Verdal - Byåsen
Mo - Sandnessjøen
Tverlandet - Bodø/Glimt
Harstad - Medkila
Mjølner - Tromsø
Senja - Finnsnes
Fløya - Ranheim
Bossekop - Alta
Kirkenes - Tromsdalen

25. april:
Grorud - Lokomotiv Oslo
Arendal - Vindbjart
Steinkjer - Levanger
Herd - Træff
Ålgård - Vidar

Alle mann på trikken!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Nils Arne Eggens Orkla to meet Rosenborg. Watch him grab the win and get Perry fired.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

Sarpsborg FK and decently old-school-cool-named club Sparta merged and formed the team with the idiotic and amazingly boring name sarpsborg 08. now S08 and a somehow revived SFK are meeting in the cup? this annoys me much more than it probably should

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Fun fact: Brann hasn't won away on "Vestlandet" since 2008. Can't wait to watch us poo poo our pants against Sandnes-Ulf this weekend.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Puseklepp posted:

Fun fact: Brann hasn't won away on "Vestlandet" since 2008. Can't wait to watch us poo poo our pants against Sandnes-Ulf this weekend.

How are you enjoying it so far?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Grimble posted:

How are you enjoying it so far?

I hate it. But slightly less than if I were watching it instead of listening to it on the radio in my office.

Edit: got to watch the last 20 minutes, they were actually quite enjoyable

Puseklepp fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 11, 2014

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Puseklepp posted:

Edit: got to watch the last 20 minutes, they were actually quite enjoyable
Since the quality of play clearly correlates with your watching, I guess you know what you have to do the rest of the season!

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
gently caress foot....

Eyyyh! Last minute draw save!

We're still terrible though. Can't string more than three passes together and seem to be completely unable to create chances.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
That sure was a game of football. Mid-table mediocrity here we come.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Anyone got a forward for cheap, one that actually score goals? Anyone?

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Max Manus posted:

According to every sports director i Norway you need AT LEAST 10 mill NOK for a striker.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Yessssss :getin:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Max Manus posted:

We seem to have one in viking but you cant have him :D

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I love football, me. And Lund Hansen will be goalkeeper of the year.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Full round tomorrow! Looking forward to Vålerenga - Sandnes Ulf. If we play a tad better than against Glimt and FK Haugesund we will most definately win this match.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

azathosk posted:

Full round tomorrow! Looking forward to Vålerenga - Sandnes Ulf. If we play a tad better than against Glimt and FK Haugesund we will most definately win this match.

I hope we do. I'm going with my son, and I don't want another "gently caress football" moment.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
So Nicki Bille apparently "did a Suarez" and bit a cop in Copenhagen this weekend. This is in addition to being his usual havoc-causing self. I wonder if RBK have the balls to take action against him this time. He was back at training on saturday and is in the squad vs Glimt at least.

Edit: No he's not, just saw that he's been dropped from the squad, and won't play for RBK until the matter is resolved. Bye bye Bille.

Huckert fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 21, 2014

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

Yay football!

A comfortable win, how bizarre.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Yeah, it's utterly strange. And it even happened without conceding a stupid goal or two, so I don't really know how to feel about this. Lurgy, could you perhaps give us a few pointers?

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012
The Rosenborg Way™ is obviously to complain that you won comfortably the wrong way

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
More like praising the lord that we're the ones scoring the stupid goals and having a god-like goalie.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

yesssss:gizz:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I thought we were really loving good. 2-2 might be a fair result even though we were cheated out of third from Riskis sabotaging.

Best match at Aspmyra for years.. its so great to be back up. Even Ibba scored!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
It was a good match. We were actually not dogshit for once and deserved the point we got, maybe even more if we'd been more effective.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
It won't last long, so here it is for posterity: IL Varegg - SK Brann 1-0 (5)

:D

EDIT: Awww... The dream is dead. 1-1 (27)

Baggins fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 24, 2014

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

ahaha the dream lives

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

Keep it up Varegg

Get it together Enga (and Orkla)

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Brann pulls out 3-2 in the end. :)

Sandnes Ulf appears to be in trouble, though.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

sad times in the brann game, but lol at S08-SFK 11-0. get hosed sfk

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Sandnes Ulf manage the big one! Surprised Godset kept it so close too.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Lurgy posted:

Surprised Godset kept it so close too.

They let in as many goals as Brann did. Shameful.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Man, I do love the early rounds in the cup.

Sandnes Ulf is now the only top division team in the Norwegian Cup's history to have gone out twice in the first round.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

While Brann is the only team that haven't gone out in the first round since WWII :)

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Monkey sounds thrown at Badji after the game.

http://www.ba.no/sport/fotball/brann/article7316066.ece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Edvartsen is reffing. :ohdear:

e: :getin:

e2: Why do we concede goals like that?

Zwachro fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 27, 2014

• Locked thread