Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

trucutru posted:

Because he only has 2 different color covers.
He's still unique in this - Daken, Bullseye, Yelena and Loki all deal damage in three colours despite having only two covers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Jug is the same as rag in that he's only strong in green and red.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Just shielded at #6 :ohdear:

Never really been this high in a tourney so hoping this will net me 2 rag covers

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

I won two matches with a single maxed out Ares. Proud of myself.

:aaaaa:

I had no idea you could even begin a match with less than three characters.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I got up to 800, made the mistake of going for a couple of matches to seal my third place and got crabbed down to 725 before shielding. We'll see if I keep top 10.

(Venom hard) well, I guess we can tell who lucked into the required hero covers in THIS alliance. :smug: Also I'm leaving town Sunday and am trying to get the tokens in both events before then.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Got a Daken cover from the Torch tournament. Not even sure if G.O.O.N placed.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

trucutru posted:

Because he only has 2 different color covers.

Every other two-cover character does extra damage in a third color: Bullseye on green and Black Widow Modern on yellow.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I dropped 75 points and was still in the top 50.

I... I actually wanted the Daken cover. :saddowns:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Can't you max Daken covers through PvE rewards?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man, Ares is fun. I didn't have his Green till a few days ago but now messing around in Desert stages with Daken is actually pretty neat (Onslaught going back and forth is amusing). Helps that I got a free cover for him because I somehow managed to win 150 points on defense, which gave me a free Ares cover from the Hotshot tourney.

Alright, I've got a spot and the option to fill it with either Bagman (yellow I think?) and Ragnarok (red). Who wins out in uselessness?

Also I don't know what the heck happened with my matchmaking:

Oh man it's a...boss I guess? Honestly this fight alone was harder for me than any other 3 teams I fought cause he was outhealing my damage.

HGH fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 12, 2014

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Is anyone here in MPQ as JD88? We just had someone join Metal Bawkses with that name, and I'd prefer to keep this alliance for goons.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Got bagman with my easy heroic 12.5k fired up token. :toot:

HGH posted:

Also I don't know what the heck happened with my matchmaking:

Oh man it's a...boss I guess? Honestly this fight alone was harder for me than any other 3 teams I fought cause he was outhealing my damage.
It's just a player that only has one Dark Avenger in his roster.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Largepotato posted:

It's just a player that only has one Dark Avenger in his roster.

One of my first matches in this tourney was against a poor guy with only a level 14 Bullseye.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Largepotato posted:

Got bagman with my easy heroic 12.5k fired up token. :toot:

Are fired up tokens the worst ones the game has ever had? According to the drop list you have about an 85% chance for crap (if you consider Wolverine crap post-nerf or have him maxed, which a lot of people will since you get so many of his covers in the prologue). Just the fact that you have a better than 50% chance at Hawkeye and Bagman should be enough to qualify as worst, in my book.

Incidentally, I got a Black Panther from my gimme token :smuggo:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I swear it's based on what you already have in your roster.

I keep getting Thor, OBW, C. Storm, and the occasional Mag Now covers.
I don't mind the latter two, but OBW is maxed out and my Thor needs just one more green.

Aand now I have my Thor covers maxed out.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 13, 2014

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Joshlemagne posted:

Are fired up tokens the worst ones the game has ever had? According to the drop list you have about an 85% chance for crap (if you consider Wolverine crap post-nerf or have him maxed, which a lot of people will since you get so many of his covers in the prologue). Just the fact that you have a better than 50% chance at Hawkeye and Bagman should be enough to qualify as worst, in my book.

Incidentally, I got a Black Panther from my gimme token :smuggo:

I got a red Hawkeye, but at least it was one I "needed."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

America.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
If anyone' still looking to join an alliance, Metal Bawkses has a spot for one more.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The current events are so terrible I'm getting people trying to beat me up in shield training. Amazing.

BooDaa
Apr 15, 2004

Shroud posted:

If anyone' still looking to join an alliance, Metal Bawkses has a spot for one more.

I applied. I'll open another slot when I save enough hp.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Dark Avengers PVP made more sense when there were only Moonstone and Rags as the two star characters, before Rags got nerfed. Now basically the only teams worth making are Ares plus whatever cannon fodder you can find.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Auritech posted:

Dark Avengers PVP made more sense when there were only Moonstone and Rags as the two star characters, before Rags got nerfed. Now basically the only teams worth making are Ares plus whatever cannon fodder you can find.

With the lovely character selection, Daken is goddamn invincible with his auto heal and some levels on him. And likewise, with almost no board churn, Bullseye gives a ton of hard to remove defense tiles.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Infinite Karma posted:

With the lovely character selection, Daken is goddamn invincible with his auto heal and some levels on him. And likewise, with almost no board churn, Bullseye gives a ton of hard to remove defense tiles.

Ares kind of equalizes that real quick if he collects green fast enough. It makes Oasis an interesting scramble though.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

I'm at #1 in my bracket rolling with Venom, Ares, and Moonstone, but saying that probably just jinxed it.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Infinite Karma posted:

Try to burn Daken down in one turn with a sunder + onslaught combo. Bullseye is fragile enough that just matching those tiles will gently caress him up pretty bad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

That Daken/Bullseye combo is such bullshit without high levels or board clearing.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

CaptainScraps posted:

Try to burn Daken down in one turn with a sunder + onslaught combo. Bullseye is fragile enough that just matching those tiles will gently caress him up pretty bad.

Sunder + Onslaught is good, and with Moonstone at 5 red covers and leveled up decently (even in the 40s) her pew pew lasers hit fairly hard with enough reds on the board.

Sindri
Nov 4, 2009
Through careful saving of tournament/daily rewards, scrounged up enough to open up a sixth slot for PoorGoons.

New joiners welcome~ (well, one new joiner anyway).

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

They nerfed the hell out of iso rewards, almost like they expect you spend money on this piece of poo poo or something haha.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Scob posted:

They nerfed the hell out of iso rewards, almost like they expect you spend money on this piece of poo poo or something haha.

Agreed. It's frustrating.

Also -- the Venom event is weird. If I win one mission, the reward numbers for all the other missions go down. They have some weird bell curve going on here.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

CaptainScraps posted:

The fight isn't unwinnable, I've beaten plenty of teams with that combo in the event. But without using active skills, a high level Daken can basically outheal single matches forever. With 3-4 protect tiles, Bullseye is reducing most single matches to 1 damage. In normal matches, I kill Daken first to stop the strike tile production, but in this event, I've been killing him last since it's such a slog.

Ares is really strong, but I'm finding Daken/Bullseye/Ragnarok to have better synergy. Feeding green AP to the enemy with Ares ends up biting you when they use their own Ares to spike down one of your members through protect and regeneration, or Ragnarok clears out your special tiles and gets loving retarded cascades turn after turn. After building up strike and protect tiles, you're pretty safe to just whittle the enemy down with medium-strength matches and deny them the AP to do their own big damage attacks.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Infinite Karma posted:

Ares is really strong, but I'm finding Daken/Bullseye/Ragnarok to have better synergy. Feeding green AP to the enemy with Ares ends up biting you when they use their own Ares to spike down one of your members through protect and regeneration, or Ragnarok clears out your special tiles and gets loving retarded cascades turn after turn. After building up strike and protect tiles, you're pretty safe to just whittle the enemy down with medium-strength matches and deny them the AP to do their own big damage attacks.

You should always save your greens on the last enemy with Ares. I usually kill one enemy building up tiles, sunder/rampage the second enemy and onslaught one shot the third. It's almost better for Ares to be injured since he does 1513 damage with rampage to all enemies if he's under 30% of his max health.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Pizza Dog does not give two shits about Captain America.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

CaptainScraps posted:

I'm tryin' dude.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

JBones posted:

I'm tryin' dude.

To be fair...he's tough to give two shits about

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

CaptainScraps posted:

Relax, there's still seven hours left. It's too early to start.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Err, I don't have a Captain America event ...

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

starkebn posted:

Err, I don't have a Captain America event ...

Every event rewards Captain America covers.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Ahhh, I thought it might have something to do with "America!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Or it hasnt started yet. Their events were delayed a bit.

Also I decided to start using my non ap stockpile boosts and holy poo poo they stack up to 5 times. +100% damage? :stare: Everything's dying once I combined them with my old retired boosts.

edit: And clawed my way up to #10 on hard mode by doing the torch missions before running out of heals. Looks like that's it for me.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 14, 2014