Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I bought a Grand Acquisitions pack on a whim and got the Imperial Throne mount.

Now I'm wondering whether to use it or sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

Having played both a Marauder (light side) and a Jugg (mix, got Dark Jaesa), good lord I love Light Jaesa. She is the best friend and best Jedi in the game. She stops being preachy after a few conversations, and starts to understand that sometimes bad things happen inorder to promote long term good things.

Dark Jaesa just goes MURDERMURDERKILLSEXMURDER and I HAVE A WOMB MAKE BABIES WITH ME LOVE ME MASTER~~~~ (if you're male)

DS Jaesa makes sense at least as going from LS "suppress all emotions" to an explosion of DS "if it feels good do it" is what the Sith are all about.

Inquisitor is the best dark side character though. "Bootstraps, [shock]"

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Zakmonster posted:

I bought a Grand Acquisitions pack on a whim and got the Imperial Throne mount.

Now I'm wondering whether to use it or sell it.

You lucky bastard. I've wanted that or any of the hoverchair with floating datacrons speeders. I'm too lazy to grind the cash for the hoverchairs on the exchange and was tempted to buy one of those packs but I would never get so lucky. Would it be too crazy if I'd consider trading a forums upgrade cert for one?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Canopus250 posted:

You lucky bastard. I've wanted that or any of the hoverchair with floating datacrons speeders. I'm too lazy to grind the cash for the hoverchairs on the exchange and was tempted to buy one of those packs but I would never get so lucky. Would it be too crazy if I'd consider trading a forums upgrade cert for one?

You know you can buy the Overlords Throne for 10 cartel certificates and 100k credits, right? If you're a cartel pack addict like the rest of us you probably have 10 of those already!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

You know you can buy the Overlords Throne for 10 cartel certificates and 100k credits, right? If you're a cartel pack addict like the rest of us you probably have 10 of those already!

Pretty sure that requires legend rep, though. Not everyone is a massive sperglord who has to max out every reputation on their legacy. Take me for example, I'm still a whole 5000 rep away from having maxed out all the cartel reputations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I've literally never gained rep with any of the cartel things. Nor have I bought a single box. :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Pretty sure that requires legend rep, though. Not everyone is a massive sperglord who has to max out every reputation on their legacy. Take me for example, I'm still a whole 5000 rep away from having maxed out all the cartel reputations.

Definitely don't need Legend. The only two Reps I've done ANY work on are Rakghoul and Oricon. Rakghoul because I worked at home that week and, well, it's not like I was gonna actually WORK, and Oricon from dailies and DF.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If you're rolling Republic alts, please go DPS in Tier 2 PvP. Last several matches the DPS on Republic side has been absolutely pitiful while Imperials just steamroll through all the healing. We don't need tanks or healing. In other words go full damage Sage or Gunslinger. Thanks much!

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 13, 2014

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
PSA: Republic gets 2 free levels (ish) level 20s for doing the weekly tactical Flashpoints quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcnjUxT8yHM

(If this isn't patched, they'll get a free level when double XP is over too)

VVVVVVVVV

Yup, Republic only for some reason?

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 13, 2014

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tezzeract posted:

PSA: Republic gets 2 free levels (ish) level 20s for doing the weekly tactical Flashpoints quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcnjUxT8yHM

(If this isn't patched, they'll get a free level when double XP is over too)

I didn't see a Weekly for that on my Powertech...I'm assuming that's why you're saying it's a Republic one?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I'm torn between what I want to play through first in ToR - Agent, Bounty hunter or Jedi Knight. I'm a fan of the Republic more than the imperial, but more from an aesthetic sense. What would be the most interesting and enjoyable storyline to play through first?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

IchGestalt posted:

I'm torn between what I want to play through first in ToR - Agent, Bounty hunter or Jedi Knight. I'm a fan of the Republic more than the imperial, but more from an aesthetic sense. What would be the most interesting and enjoyable storyline to play through first?

Agent is GREAT and Jedi Knight is probably one of the more interesting storylines republic side. Plus the male VA is David Hayter.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

IchGestalt posted:

Agent is the best storyline, from what I've seen. BH is bland. JK is vanilla KOTOR.

Smuggler has been the most fun so far on the Republic side.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I've already played Smuggler to 50 back at launch - I quite enjoyed it, albeit after chapter 1 it become somewhat boring. I've just got my ship on the Jedi Knight, and I don't really like it - and the story seems too.. cliché.

Is Agent better than this? More involved? (I love their ship). I do not entirely like the Imperials, and I find their capital city very dull. Maybe I should just get over it and level an Agent..

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

IchGestalt posted:

I'd say go Jedi - I'm assuming part of the reason you're playing this game is because it is Star Wars. The Agent's story is great, but a spy mystery is more akin to EU-style backstory. IA has a bunch of interesting twists and is well characterized, but I wouldn't consider it essential.

My personal favorite is Jedi Consular after Act 1 - you start doing some galaxy wide diplomacy and create essential alliances along with Republic Trooper up to the start of Act 2 which is basically a Clone Trooper arc if you've ever seen The Clone Wars series.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 13, 2014

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

IchGestalt posted:

I've already played Smuggler to 50 back at launch - I quite enjoyed it, albeit after chapter 1 it become somewhat boring. I've just got my ship on the Jedi Knight, and I don't really like it - and the story seems too.. cliché.

Is Agent better than this? More involved? (I love their ship). I do not entirely like the Imperials, and I find their capital city very dull. Maybe I should just get over it and level an Agent..

The Agent storyline is a lot of superspy and galaxy spanning conspiracies type stuff. I enjoyed it a lot.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

IchGestalt posted:

If you don't like the imperials, you might still like the agent. The empire is...not always your best friend in that story

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you don't like the imperials, you might still like the agent. The empire is...not always your best friend in that story

Yeah, I've heard this before which is a reason I'm thinking of playing one. I really wish that A: Smuggler and Bounty Hunter were neutral and open to either faction or B: you could pick your ship!

I really dislike the Jedi Knight(And Consular) ship.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

IchGestalt posted:

I found the early parts of the JK story very cliche as well, but it picked up for my at Tatooine, with the JK version of that planet being one of my favorite arcs. JK does kinda suffer from rather boring companions, though the Agent sucks in the companion department as well.

Being able to pick your ship would be amazing, as I have the same problem regarding the Sith classes. (I actually like the Jedi ship) Being able to be a Sith with the Agent ship would be awesome.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 13, 2014

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I'm pretty sure everyone would end up using either the Agent or the Smuggler ship, though. Which wouldn't be a bad thing! (I do sort of like the Bounty Hunter ship. It looks snug)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

How can anyone prefer the smuggler ship to the Jedi ship? The Jedi ship is probably the prettiest ship on the inside. Totally could see just hanging out or living on it. Meanwhile the Agent one is all sharp corners and chrome, which makes it feel way less homey.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I don't mind the interior so much (Although it has a lot of wasted space, and areas where it feels they intended to add more stuff but didn't) but the exterior is a bit.. it feels as if the ship should be longer, but was pushed down. Where as the Agent ship has wooden floors. And looks swanky.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

All this ship living is why Galactic Strongholds can't come fast enough. Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa? At there's a choice :v:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Can I be a Bounty Hunter and have a house on Courscant? Please? Or just Rainy Gloomy City of Gloom Kaas? (Really, Courscant is just so much brighter and more enjoyable in my opinion)

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Eimi posted:

Being able to pick your ship would be amazing, as I have the same problem regarding the Sith classes. (I actually like the Jedi ship) Being able to be a Sith with the Agent ship would be awesome.

Part of me is amazed this isn't already an option to buy with cartel coins. Maybe it's just too much work to fix all the class and companion quests that go on in the ships. Then again there's things like this when using a legacy race still:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Nothing really moves around on the ships, though? Static NPC's as far as I've seen so.. Just move those about and attach the script. Shouldn't be too hard. But then again, Hero Engine.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kippa posted:

Part of me is amazed this isn't already an option to buy with cartel coins. Maybe it's just too much work to fix all the class and companion quests that go on in the ships. Then again there's things like this when using a legacy race still:

They've said that ship customization is unlikely due to the mess of quest triggers involved with ships, hence strongholds.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I'm surprised the Bounty Hunter storyline gets as much grief as it does. Maybe it gets worse later but having gotten only a short ways into Chapter 2 it has felt a ton like you and your companions are just a bunch of hunting buddies, shooting the poo poo and having a blast, taking very little seriously.

Gault is awesome.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I know that the consular's ship involves some quests that involves onboard conversations with non-companion npcs, maybe stuff like that would make it tricky to make the ships fungible.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Most likely! I am tempted to try Bounty Hunter, as I quite enjoyed the Trooper game play. But again, Imperials. This is a very irritating choice that should not be so hard for me; curse paralysis of choice.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

IchGestalt posted:

Most likely! I am tempted to try Bounty Hunter, as I quite enjoyed the Trooper game play. But again, Imperials. This is a very irritating choice that should not be so hard for me; curse paralysis of choice.

Do it and spit in the face of every Sith you meet. It gives you plenty of opportunities to make fun of the Empire as the Hunter himself isn't actually an Imperial citizen.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ArchRanger posted:

Do it and spit in the face of every Sith you meet. It gives you plenty of opportunities to make fun of the Empire as the Hunter himself isn't actually an Imperial citizen.

Yeah if you hate the empire you'll love bh. You don't actually work for them and have ample opportunity to remind them of that fact.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

IchGestalt posted:

Nothing really moves around on the ships, though? Static NPC's as far as I've seen so.. Just move those about and attach the script. Shouldn't be too hard. But then again, Hero Engine.

Quest triggers that are class specific...every ship is filled to the brim with them.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah if you hate the empire you'll love bh. You don't actually work for them and have ample opportunity to remind them of that fact.

Out of interest - how is the BH ship? And secondly, does the BH have a lot of *Spawn in wirst blaster, fire missile, despawn* animations? These bugged me a tiny bit.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

IchGestalt posted:

Out of interest - how is the BH ship? And secondly, does the BH have a lot of *Spawn in wirst blaster, fire missile, despawn* animations? These bugged me a tiny bit.

Yes to that. And the BH ship is like the space Winnebago from Space Balls, I quite like it for that fact.

Edit: Also if you are apprehensive about playing Empire, I went into the game hating them, but the game is very slanted against the Republic. After playing an Empire character I like them alot better. I won't exactly say the Empire are the good guys, but I feel much better about playing them than I do Republic nowadays. Both factions are pretty horrible in universe.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 13, 2014

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

IchGestalt posted:

I've said it before but BH ship = best ship since it's flipping the bird on takeoff

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Eimi posted:

Yes to that. And the BH ship is like the space Winnebago from Space Balls, I quite like it for that fact.

Edit: Also if you are apprehensive about playing Empire, I went into the game hating them, but the game is very slanted against the Republic. After playing an Empire character I like them alot better. I won't exactly say the Empire are the good guys, but I feel much better about playing them than I do Republic nowadays. Both factions are pretty horrible in universe.

The BH ship is almost a Slave 1 wanna be but yeah, it does feel like Lonestar's Winnebago.

Both sides are utter shitheels since the galaxy isn't in open war, so you have Imperials doing poo poo like planning to ignite a gas mine under the surface of Hoth to blow up part of the planet, and Republicans who want to use a cannon that'll destroy all life on the planet it's on to obliterate the Imperial fleet.

I enjoy both sides, but I like my trooper the best. OORAH HAVOC SQUAD

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

John Dyne posted:

Republicans

Biting commentary!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Eimi posted:

This was some great advice, thank you! I am leaning more towards Agent or Hunter, but I can't decide which now. I prefer the Agent's animations and ship, but prefer the idea of being a freelancer on this character. Choices! How bad are the BH spawn-in animations(Like Missle Launcher basic skill they get)? And thank you all for the awesome advice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

IchGestalt posted:

So realtalk with a few spoilers?

The Imperial questgivers are not really on your side in any sense on any of the Imperial classes. This is a good thing, because unlike the Republic questgivers, they are all horrifically incompetent/sadists. Around half the quests for any given planet are "can you help me destroy the Empire so I might have a chance at a promotion?" or "I didn't get my promotion, do severe damage to nearby Imperial troops.". I eventually just started skipping the average Imperial quest info, because it was pushed so hard I stopped caring.

However, with that said, the Agent, Bounty Hunter, and Sith Warrior are able to subvert this by pointing out how loving stupid everyone is at every opportunity. Once you get off Kaas with any of those classes, you are able to start attempting to stem the tide of Imperial stupidity ( or join in if that's your thing. ). A LS Sith Warrior will do his best to fix the Empire up to not be so crazy, while a LS BH/IA get some options near the end that allow their characters to wipe their hands of the mess.

Although if we are talking main story quality? The Jedi Knight has the worst storyline in the game, especially if you enjoyed KotOR2. It never really gets better, just much much worse. If you want to be an actual Jedi that does Jedi things, I'd recommend a Consular over it, it's got a bit of a slower start, but it's much better. As for BH/Agent, Agent has the "best" storyline in the game, just not very Star Warslike. Bounty Hunter has no real connection to anybody/anything until the very last act, so it's mainly just 60 hours of "get paid son.". This is fine if you don't really need any sort of plot twists in your storyline, but I found it got dull pretty quickly.

• Locked thread