Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Don't worry, Waluigi! The internet has your back! :yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

I hope this isn't the last of Waluigi. :ohdear:

I don't think it is, no.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I was just gonna complain about the lack of Waluigi this year :swoon:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Every one is a banger, I don't know how he does it.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I just discovered this webcomic now and, wow, how did I know about this? It's brilliant.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

I hope this isn't the last of Waluigi. :ohdear:

Based on Matt's comments in the author's notes, I'd say this is only the beginning.

Matt Taranto posted:

YOU WILL NEVER BE RID OF WALUIGI. WALUIGI WILL RETURN FRIDAY TO BRING YOU MORE INCREDIBLE ADVENTURES WITH WARIO’S HELP. WAAAAAAAA

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waluigi is eternal.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Waluigi is eternal.
And even more everywhere.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Handsome Waluigi is scarier than Grotesque Waluigi.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I actually laughed when he said "LAUGH". He is just that powerful.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
556 - Wario & Waluigi

This is pretty much the only way this could end.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

drat this got dark.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Waluigi hates this. :911:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

He was so enthusiastic near the end. He thought that they were really going to accept the WAA.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

I think the site's been glitched for a while. The next button doesn't show up for the more recent comics.

The archive has stopped updating with new entries after strip no. 537 (Super Carol 64). I assume it affects the buttons appearing, as well as Comic Rocket, which has it down as not having updated since January.

EDIT: And judging by the forums the author is completely ignoring this, so a fix might never appear.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 10, 2014

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I was so distracted by Smash Bros. hype that I forgot about the comic update on the same day!

557 – Developing Relationship

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I was so distracted by Smash Bros. hype that I forgot about the comic update on the same day!

557 – Developing Relationship

Why did I laugh at this. It's so groan worthy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dr Pepper posted:

Why did I laugh at this. It's so groan worthy.

"Groan-worthy but still humorous" is pretty much every BitF strip.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

558 – Yoshi and Greninja

And you guys thought Lickitung had a difficult time.

(I'm pretty hype for playable Greninja in Smash Bros. by the way)

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
While I wish Mewtwo was back in, Greninja is my favorite final evolution of the three Kalos starters.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Even bigger than the new strip is the news that the next comic button has finally been fixed! :toot:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm gonna PBF it up and say that I don't get it. Their tongues got stuck together on impact? What is the frog pokemon brushing off his tongue?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rotinaj posted:

I'm gonna PBF it up and say that I don't get it. Their tongues got stuck together on impact? What is the frog pokemon brushing off his tongue?

I think he's washing it with soap, the implication being that touching your tongue to someone else's is just gross.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

VJeff posted:

I think he's washing it with soap, the implication being that touching your tongue to someone else's is just gross.

Oh, that makes sense.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

rotinaj posted:

Oh, that makes sense.

Don't tell rotinaj about kissing

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

rotinaj posted:

:gay:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
559 - Tacticians

When I saw the first panel I was expecting it to be another Smash Bros comic. Still great though, that last panel is fantastic.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I should check out Advance Wars now that it's out on the eShop. I have a friend who says Days of Ruin is the best in the series, but I still wanna try the older titles too.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I'm biased, but I'd say definitely get it. AW1 has some weird bits (Max is hilariously overpowered), but overall it's excellent.

I guess the thing with the game is that it's about industrial-scale total war, so it's no wonder that it encourages a "eh, I can always make more soldiers" attitude. "Tactician" probably isn't the best word to describe what the COs (and in AW1, the Advisor) do - it's an obvious thing to say, but you're more of a strategist. You still want to minimise your casualties, but sometimes you're just put in a situation where the enemy has a giant army and all you can really do is slog and grind your way through it until you get the upper hand.

Either way, nice to see AW get into BitF :).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I've been on the internet too long, because the thought of Yoshi and Greninja making out doesn't phase me. The fact that they got weirded out over tonguekissing is what threw me.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

King of Solomon posted:

559 - Tacticians

When I saw the first panel I was expecting it to be another Smash Bros comic. Still great though, that last panel is fantastic.

Feh. Always forgetting that 'everyone is important' is a later invention, and community-based too.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
560 - Nana Gives it Her All

This joke is so obvious in retrospect, I'm surprised I didn't see it coming. :D

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bloodly posted:

Feh. Always forgetting that 'everyone is important' is a later invention, and community-based too.

Nah, even the developers play that way, they said so in interviews.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

562 – Sweet Freedom

Another great alt-text comic.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm one of the people he mentions who didn't get the joke and had to look it up.

Here it is for other people who didn't follow the Mario Kart news: http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Horn

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

563 – New Ability

I should probably watch the show being referenced here.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

563 – New Ability

Do you not?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

563 – New Ability

That...is actually somewhat terrifying.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Meta. Meta. Meta! METAAAAAAAAAAA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

goldenoreos posted:

Meta. Meta. Meta! METAAAAAAAAAAA!