Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, could be a Takara-only thing, but there could also be dinobot repaints or even offscreen characters.

I was talking about this listing btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The problem with the toy for my eye is the position of the legs. See the the gap before the hinge for the torso in front of the leg? If the legs were there (so like one leg width forward) instead of where they are the split of his body would be much better.

I'm awful so excuse the ms paint, but something like this seems better proportioned in terms of torso length

compared to

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, could be a Takara-only thing, but there could also be dinobot repaints or even offscreen characters.

I was talking about this listing btw.

I thought that was assumed to be the Voyager Grimlock with a smaller Prime that can ride him, but I guess it could be a previously unknown one. Probably not Paddles, I'd say.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Gammatron 64 posted:

Chrome can be neat on say, bumpers and hubcaps and things there it makes sense, but on a lot of Henkei figures it just looks weird and bad and the chrome is way out of place. On the Leader Grimlock and Optimus, the chrome looks awful and makes them look like dollar store knockoffs. Chrome looks nice on say, G1 toys, but on modern figures it more often than not looks pretty bad.

Yeah, if it were like detail work, then hey that's pretty neat, but those huge swaths of chrome on Leader Grimlock just look out of place and it really looks bad like that. What they could have done to make it look a lot less ugly (and albeit infinitely gaudier) would be to just put chrome everywhere on that fucker and just give him detail work so he gets a g1 look.

This just looks BAD, which really disappoints me. I dig the copper color scheme he had (and has for the voyager).

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Age of Extinction is brining back Sparkbots, except they don't transform and they're just non transformable Autobots riding on non transformable dinosaurs. But they scoot across the floor and they spark.

Although I'm certain that they would never do actual sparking sparkbots for generations. They would just be normal non-sparking transformers.

Leader Grimlock is pretty sad, Ultra Megatron from beast Wars was way better than him, not to mention Transmetals Megatron did the whole chromed T-Rex thing and made it work in both robot and beast mode. Grimlock is quite a few big steps back, he's not even that accurate to his movie form.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Wow that looks A LOT better! Even with the weird green blob.

Another thing that would help is if he had 2-3 more pairs of useless T-rex arms.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TheDK posted:

Another thing that would help is if he had 2-3 more pairs of useless T-rex arms.

Yeah, my immersion is broken already with whatever the hell Strafe is, why not take that ball and just run with it? Give him a creepy centipede chest.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nobody knows why Strafe has two heads. I don't even think it gets mentioned in the movie to why he is the way he is.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

TheDK posted:

Yeah I'm colourblind and forgot the colour match tool existed when I did those two blobs, but I hope it illustrates the point of the leg position!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nobody knows why Strafe has two heads. I don't even think it gets mentioned in the movie to why he is the way he is.

All the dinobots are mutant dinos
like Slug has horns on his mouth and sharp teeth and Grimlock's face is a bit more like a dragons

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
interesting finds today (not purchases, mostly)

Whirl at TRU, which is boring really.

But the two big ones:

Up-scaled Voyaged Predaking at Target, or at least what I assume is up-scaled, looks like the Legends class one, but comes with an Infernus Sword? It looked really different from the other predakings and had series 003 on it.

Series 4 Kreons at Walgreens, priced at $1.99. I actually bought these, but I couldn't find 38-40. I want Kup, Rhinox and Hot Rod out of the set, so feel free to laugh if those are the three I missed, I haven't checked a guide to see which are which number.

Still waiting for that legends Cosmos. Had a TRU employee open a box of legends that I thought was that wave, and more Megs/starscream/bumblebee/OP. Purchased the one optimus, as I wanted to get an Optimus figure (didn't have one, go figure), and got a messed up paint ap on the left knee, a left arm that doesn't fit in the chest window right, and a head that doesn't stay up. So pretty much Hoist 2.0 in construction there (seriously, why is it always the left knee that's hosed up on the paint apps?). Though I found out you can turn his head around, peg Roller into it, and make Prime the worst headmaster, that's kind of fun.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Rita Repulsa posted:

All the dinobots are mutant dinos
like Slug has horns on his mouth and sharp teeth and Grimlock's face is a bit more like a dragons

Making them a little more spikey I can understand as a design flourish; with Strafe the only possible explanation is that the production crew just forgot what dinosaurs were there for a while.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The explanation for Strafe is actually really requires neither incompetence nor idiocy:

Two-headed Pteranodons are :krad: to the max!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
G1 Strafe looks like he has two nosecones, sort of. Or those are guns. I don't know, I can sort of see the visual inspiration.

Kind of.

If there were something that could
possibly break MY IMMERSION it would be a two headed dinosaur. Not my childhood father figure demanding faces.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I Don't mind 2 headed dinosaurs, it's just that he's not Sinnertwin, Snapdragon, Doublecross, Hungrrr and such.

Also his deluxe figure looks like rear end with it's paintjob. It ruined the figure almost as much as Grimlock. He doesn't look as nice as the others.

Like if he got a good repaint and a new bot mode head he would look worlds better. As of now he honestly look like a Dinozaurs guy. So far Spinosaurus and Triceratops dudes are the best of the bunch.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just hope someone in the film points it out, that's all.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

I just hope someone in the film points it out, that's all.

I doubt it, they couldn't even be bothered to get the character names right for the other 3 movies.

And you also had stuff like suddenly blackout rising from the dead and tackling optimus prime in the forest.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

I doubt it, they couldn't even be bothered to get the character names right for the other 3 movies.

And you also had stuff like suddenly blackout rising from the dead and tackling optimus prime in the forest.

That was "Grindor," his brother or whatever. Same model/toy.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That was "Grindor," his brother or whatever. Same model/toy.

But a different helicopter, oddly enough. In the films, Blackout is a Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low, while Grindor is a Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion. Meaning Grindor is actually slightly larger than Blackout, at least in vehicle mode. Obviously the toys are identical to one another.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

We should have all just walked away from this bullshit when they called Brawl Devastator, and just realized how little they care about this poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Rage posted:

We should have all just walked away from this bullshit when they called Brawl Devastator, and just realized how little they care about this poo poo.

Care about what exactly?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

G1 Strafe looks like he has two nosecones, sort of. Or those are guns. I don't know, I can sort of see the visual inspiration.

Kind of.

If there were something that could
possibly break MY IMMERSION it would be a two headed dinosaur. Not my childhood father figure demanding faces.

There is 100% no way anybody on staff even looked at G1 Strafe. They have a big list of trademarked names they can use, and they were told "make a pterodactyl robot," and somebody thought Strafe sounded cooler than Swoop.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Keldroc posted:

But a different helicopter, oddly enough. In the films, Blackout is a Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low, while Grindor is a Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion. Meaning Grindor is actually slightly larger than Blackout, at least in vehicle mode. Obviously the toys are identical to one another.

Come to TFCon so I can slowly shake my head at you in person, please.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rei_ posted:

Come to TFCon so I can slowly shake my head at you in person, please.

Come to TFCon in Chicago so that I'm not lonely.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

strangehamster posted:

Come to TFCon in Chicago so that I'm not lonely.
gently caress weddings forever and ever and ever gently caress

I wanted to eat deep dish while talking about robots life, etc

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Did Lighter Grey Blackout even transform in DOTM? Didn't he just show up out of nowhere so there could be a third bot around Optimus could decapitate who wasn't Starscream or Megatron?

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
It's ROTF, and yes:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_4ZqukpcA

(About 30 seconds in)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sire Oblivion posted:

Care about what exactly?

Getting details correct.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

HiriseSoftware posted:

It's ROTF, and yes:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_4ZqukpcA

(About 30 seconds in)

He's also the helicopter that abducts Sam and the others in their car and flies them to the New Jersey warehouse that's adjacent to the forest, I believe.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So what happened to those Illegal Generations Leader Megatron Pictures?

I'm hearing that he might be worth my money but every single board insists on being Hasbro's white knight and scrubbing any trace. Where's a transformer board that takes life by the horns and shows pictures of future toys without a sense of consequence or apology?

I want my G2 Megatron has he was always intended, with knee articulation and moveable arms.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 15, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm hearing that he might be worth my money but every single board insists on being Hasbro's white knight and scrubbing any trace. Where's a transformer board that takes life by the horns and shows pictures of future toys without a sense of consequence or apology?

Transformers fandom outside this thread is a vortex of nightmares. Or oubliette of suffering. Or childcoffin of darkness. Or some other Stephen Moffat-esque turn of phrase.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
There's been leaks of Gen Megatron?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Other posted:

There's been leaks of Gen Megatron?

Not that I've seen or can find reference to. Those are some very efficient forum mods, if they're really nuking pics that fast.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Transformers fandom outside this thread is a vortex of nightmares. Or oubliette of suffering. Or childcoffin of darkness. Or some other Stephen Moffat-esque turn of phrase.
So is the vortex of nightmares the /co/ thread and tumblr, the oubliette TFW and the childcoffin /toy/?

Because it does amaze me how each different path you can take out of this thread into a different branch of the fandom leads you into a different kind of Hell, each completely different except for all being quite dreadful.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Spiderdrake posted:

So is the vortex of nightmares the /co/ thread and tumblr, the oubliette TFW and the childcoffin /toy/?

Because it does amaze me how each different path you can take out of this thread into a different branch of the fandom leads you into a different kind of Hell, each completely different except for all being quite dreadful.

Don't forget allspark.com, the "American McGee's Alice" of TF fandom hell.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The Facebook page for TFWiki has this one really insufferable guy on it.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

At least the /co/ thread seems o genuinely like Transformers, albeit in their own....special way. /toy/, however, is the worst hell imaginable.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Not that I've seen or can find reference to. Those are some very efficient forum mods, if they're really nuking pics that fast.

Doesn't one of them constantly edit articles to tfwiki if the continuity is only slightly out of place for something?

I mean it's not out of the realms of possibilities, Rattrap, Tankor, and Crosscut are already able to be gotten in Asia, Tailgate and Skrapnel too. The Leaders have to be coming sometime soonish.

I only heard about the possible leak when I was waiting for the Chase figure and the convention exclusive on Matty collector.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 15, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Well, the nutjob behavior of the TFWiki clique is a whole different kettle of fish.

If GenLeadMegs had leaked, I feel like someone would be saying something somewhere. I can't find anything at all. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist/didn't happen, but suppressing information like that on the internet is kind of impossible in most cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
If it leaked it would be on /toy/