Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well when Toby Gerhart is tops of the class..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

John Brown posted:

So why didn't the 9ers or Broncos resign him? You don't get rid of a stud WR because his QB sucks.
You don't get rid of a stud QB either and the Broncos did that so how should I know

I mean the Broncos aren't going to be able to keep any of the WRs from 2013 by the end of their contracts because of all the money they're spending, Decker's already gone and Demaryius Thomas will get a huge contract somewhere else, and Welker will go back to New England, the prodigal son

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Volkerball posted:

He only had one really good season, and it wasn't a contract year.

Yeah and yet somehow like half of SAS is convinced he was really good, I don't get it at all.

He was good for exactly one year. Ever. In a like 10 year career. Evidence overwhelmingly suggests that he probably just wasn't very good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Because he smiled and posed for the camera while catching a football. Can't coach that

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He was really goddamn good that year though. He was making freak catches in triple coverage and all that. Looks like he got hurt the next year though, and he never did anything before that (which is why the 9ers let him go). I bet if he was a FA after that season, he would've gotten a fat deal somewhere.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

He reached 1,046 yards by week 10 that year so yeah he was going nuts.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
With Kyle Orton no less. What a bizarre run.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kyle Orton owns and as I recall they threw the ball a shitload that year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

He still averaged 18.8 YPC though, it wasn't like he was catching 20 passes for 80 yards a game

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Volkerball posted:

Well when Toby Gerhart is tops of the class..

He was like #10 in the class, the jags just overpaid

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, but you would've expected some drop off from :airquote:losing:airquote: Brandon Marshall. At least I did.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Atticus Finch posted:

Montgomery probably won't make the final roster.

He's a talented player who was cut for being "lazy" and smoking the Devil's Weed, so he's a shoe-in to be a big star

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Quest For Glory II posted:

You don't get rid of a stud QB either and the Broncos did that so how should I know

I mean the Broncos aren't going to be able to keep any of the WRs from 2013 by the end of their contracts because of all the money they're spending, Decker's already gone and Demaryius Thomas will get a huge contract somewhere else, and Welker will go back to New England, the prodigal son

And they still have Von Miller and Julius Thomas to sign pretty soon as well.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
People are underrating how good Brandon Graham really is. He battled injuries the first couple of years of his career and didn't get to play. But he was one of the only shining parts of the Eagles the year before last when they were still in a 4-3 defense. I believe PFG or whatever the ratings people are, had him rated as possibly the second or maybe even best DE in the 2012 season?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Just as an insight: all of this Brandon Lloyd talk emerged because I noticed on Madden that he has a Spectacular Catch rating of 98. I think began to remember all of the circus catches he made throughout his career.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

They still have that? Do they still have the Old Spice swagger rating or whatever?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

People are underrating how good Brandon Graham really is. He battled injuries the first couple of years of his career and didn't get to play. But he was one of the only shining parts of the Eagles the year before last when they were still in a 4-3 defense. I believe PFG or whatever the ratings people are, had him rated as possibly the second or maybe even best DE in the 2012 season?

Yeah, but he's on the last year of his contract so anyone willing to trade for him would want some sort of extension or he's a one year rental, so that makes trading for him a little difficult. The Eagles can't expect to get more than a 6th round pick for him and since they'd be lucky to get that he's probably better to keep around as a situational pass rusher and as depth.

But I do agree with you. If I was a GM of a 4-3 team, I'd consider getting Brandon Graham for a 6th to be a steal, conditional on some sort of short term incentive-laden extension. But it's the NFL so I doubt it will happen. Teams would rather hold on to their picks and go for him next year when he will be a FA.

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

commy gun posted:

They still have that? Do they still have the Old Spice swagger rating or whatever?

These are what I could find at a glance:
  • Snickers Awareness
  • Gatorade Toughness
  • Gatorade Development
  • Gatorade Stamina

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Girl With Huge Tits posted:

These are what I could find at a glance:
  • Snickers Awareness
  • Gatorade Toughness
  • Gatorade Development
  • Gatorade Stamina

Is that Awareness, brought to you by Snickers!

or

Awareness of Snickers?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

89 posted:

He led PFR but had a small sample size.

He's not beating out either of Miamis starting DEs right now though. I like him but he's just not a huge piece of the puzzle for Miami

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

JPrime posted:

Is that Awareness, brought to you by Snickers!

or

Awareness of Snickers?

You're a better player the more you're aware of Snickers

Example:

*Tim Tebow throws a pick six*

John Elway: You're a different quarterback when you're hungry. Have a Snickers

*Tebow morphs into Peyton Manning*

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
loving Elway hoarding all the snickers until the game's almost over.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

JPrime posted:

Awareness of Snickers?

B.J. Raji 99

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Intruder posted:

You're a better player the more you're aware of Snickers

Example:

*Tim Tebow throws a pick six*

John Elway: You're a different quarterback when you're hungry. Have a Snickers

*Tebow morphs into Peyton Manning*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BPLR9l0CYA

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
The reason Painter couldn't lead the Colts the same way Peyton did was because of his infamously bad Snickers Awareness. Whereas Peyton snatched every Snickers in the room, almost by instinct, Painter would leave them in drawers, on shelves, sometimes even ignoring a Snickers placed dead center on a trainers table.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Was...was that Bobcat Goldthwait?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

The reason Painter couldn't lead the Colts the same way Peyton did was because of his infamously bad Snickers Awareness. Whereas Peyton snatched every Snickers in the room, almost by instinct, Painter would leave them in drawers, on shelves, sometimes even ignoring a Snickers placed dead center on a trainers table.

So loving shameless, they already release the same drat game with the same drat bugs every year for full price after legislating out the competition. The idiotic sponsorships are just icing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Captain Tolerable posted:

Was...was that Bobcat Goldthwait?

I don't think I had ever seen the full Robin Williams commercial before but... I'll be damned. Bobcat Goldthwait.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Video game stats are sponsored now? Come on.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

Video game stats are sponsored now? Come on.

They have been for years.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Browns sign Chris Pressley, ex-Bengals fullback.

I hate the Browns.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Vikings sign noted Bad Safety Kurt Coleman

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Dubious posted:

Vikings sign noted Bad Safety Kurt Coleman

He may not have "speed" or "coverage ability" or be "good", but he makes up for it with effort!

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

NotWearingPants posted:

He may not have "speed" or "coverage ability" or be "good", but he makes up for it with effort!

So he's Brian Russell? Most famous for his attempted butt tackle that I can't find a loving picture of anymore but god he sucked.

edit:

Schwack fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 14, 2014

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
He got trucked by Trent Richardson in Trent's first NFL game, so there's that.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Charlotte Observer expects the Panthers to show interest in free agent Sidney Rice but at the "right price."

And that price is 'five dollars'

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Charlotte Observer expects the Panthers to show interest in free agent Sidney Rice but at the "right price."

New league minimum set.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

to be fair that does seem right

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
wrong thread

Gerty fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

The Browns sign Chris Pressley, ex-Bengals fullback.

I hate the Browns.

I love fullbacks but he just wasn't very good.

• Locked thread