Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Thanks for posting the contest stuff; I thought I'd give it a pass at first since I have not read any post-early 90s comic books, but after a little thought I had some mechanical ideas I decided I could make work well enough to toss them out.

Hero-specific: Let's make Bouncing Bolt better against bosses by pretending to bear Thor up

Any-hero: A thing for pet-based heroes to get more pets, because this is what we all want in our hearts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K9 Philosopher
Jun 21, 2005
Do what now?
A question regarding stash tabs, as I'm dropping some G: what exactly can you carry in a crafting tab? In particular, I'm looking for a place to store my millions of Runes.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

K9 Philosopher posted:

A question regarding stash tabs, as I'm dropping some G: what exactly can you carry in a crafting tab? In particular, I'm looking for a place to store my millions of Runes.

Runes, cores, and crafting mats.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Avynte posted:

Runes, cores, and crafting mats.

Unstable molecules and matrices of unbinding as well.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Hmm was Juggernaut's collision detection always rubbish? he one shot me when I was an inch behind him earlier.

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000

Giedroyc posted:

Hmm was Juggernaut's collision detection always rubbish? he one shot me when I was an inch behind him earlier.

Yes. Back off a bit if you're melee and can't stun him out of his stance.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That goes for Rhino as well(and Kingpin but he can't one-shot you so who cares). They've gotten the charges to behave better than they did in the past, but they're still kind of buggy.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Cease to Hope posted:

It works on ground AOEs, skillshot explosions (like Punisher's rockets and SW's Bindings), and auras (Storm's Tempests). I don't know of it works on cones or AOEs that aren't tagged AOE (Hulk's Demolishing Charge).

it does work on cone aoes, it extends their range.

it also works on the aoe component of demolishing charge, despite the skill itself not being aoe tagged. that's one reason that warbound with a high radius roll is a great slot 2 choice for hulk

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons, there are some characters that I just know. I feel like I have a masterful build for Human Torch, Wolferine, Deadpool and Luke Cage at this point. I mean, I'm really confident they can't be bested. It feels really good as a gamer here.

However, I have read quite a number of guides, and read many opinions here too, and want the final conclusion.

How do I build the best Ironing Man? I want a build that makes me feel like a god. I want all the best gear listed and all his best skills. Goons, please help me in this mission. What are his max skills and what's my artifacts/slots 1-5?

I know we have talked Ironing Man a lot in the past and I apologize for this redundancy, but let's set this right. Help please!

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I saw people chatting about blessings and which ones stacked earlier... just so everyone is aware and doesn't hope everything stacked like I did: Odin Blessings do not stack Spirit on Enemy Defeat. You get 7sp back on kill whether you've got one or four equipped so don't hope that you're putting on 4 to mitigate a bunch of spirit drain because it just doesn't happen.

Oh, and just in case people wonder if Magik does anything outside of summoning poo poo:

On a mental damage hero, she can get awesome as poo poo with her passive while you're equipping +mental DR items.

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 13, 2014

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons, there are some characters that I just know. I feel like I have a masterful build for Human Torch, Wolferine, Deadpool and Luke Cage at this point. I mean, I'm really confident they can't be bested. It feels really good as a gamer here.

However, I have read quite a number of guides, and read many opinions here too, and want the final conclusion.

How do I build the best Ironing Man? I want a build that makes me feel like a god. I want all the best gear listed and all his best skills. Goons, please help me in this mission. What are his max skills and what's my artifacts/slots 1-5?

I know we have talked Ironing Man a lot in the past and I apologize for this redundancy, but let's set this right. Help please!

Max pulse bolt, arc reactor enhancment, micro missiles, jericho bombardment, force field, and the one-off. His slot 1 and slot 5 uniques are great, you don't have to switch those out. Oscorp prototype generator is his best slot 3, but extremis undersheath ain't bad if you've got that. For slot 4 use the Ninja Tabi, or try to find a decent cosmic boots to put on him. Eidolon Warwear seems like it would be a good slot 2, but his uru-infused armor provides decent defense if you don't have that.

For artifacts, go with power prism shard, pluvian, and advanced metasensory array, and your choice for the last one. I go with an advanced starstone tooth for some extra survivability. If you're lucky enough to have a hand of doom or gem of kurse, I'd switch out the pluvian for it.

For relics you obviously want gibborim, and gungnir is the best legendary as always.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Magik's Passives on Luke Cage (non-Mental caster):

1:

2:

3:

4:

Those at least cover the passives she has, for anyone unsure of what to expect with her.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thanks for the first response. I like that direction so far. I have read plenty of builds with Slot 2 as Mechanical Arms of Doc Ock.

Secondly, slot 1 has +skills to Coolant Blast but nobody ever does anything with that. Is there anything at all more optimal?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

IORN MANG STOOFS

This is the build I'm using, along with a Groot Insignia, because Iron Man is one of 3 characters who can use it (the other two being Ms. Marvel and Rocket Raccoon).

I'm currently Level 51, and I pretty much just run X-Defense with him. After I zone in, I use Force Shield to get it up, and then for Boss Mobs, I use Death From Above to land on them, then I throw out The One-Off, lay down Jericho Bombardment, hit Shield Overload, then use Hyper-Velocity Charge to get out of the mob. I then sit back, and hold down Pulse Bolt, while weaving in Micro-Missiles and renewing Jericho. I also hit Shield Overload every time it's off cooldown. When I notice that The One-Off is about to come off cooldown, I'll get ready, then repeat my DFA > OO > JB > SO > HVC that I open with.

For the horrible Defeat 75/100/150 waves, I tend to stand on the students, and set off JB at my feet. I don't really use DFA for those waves, but otherwise, I just hold down PB and use MM, JB, OO, and SO when they're off cooldown.

You can probably drop the point in Medic and stick it in Adaptive Defenses. I have it at, like 15 or so via Grants At and +X bonuses from gear. I have his Slot 1 and 2 Uniques, and I used the Sun Enchantment on his Slot 2, 3, and 4 items for more Spirit. I have 250 Gibborim, for +126 Spirit. My Slot 3 and 5 have +72 and +60 Spirit on them. I have a Blue Ring with +31 Spirit on it. My Core has +31 Spirit on it. My Beta Particle Mini-Reactor has +113 Spirit on it. My Uru Crossbow has a Brigand's Fortune on it, for +70 Spirit. I'm sitting on a total of 833 Spirit right now. I'm also using a Cosmic Doc Ock Medallion which has +19% Radius for Area Powers. I also have a Mark Of The Odinborn with +38 Spirit. I might use that instead of the AMA, but I'm not sure.

davebo, because he's insane, has a Spirit Pool of 1,800 for his Iron Mang. Maybe he'll share with us...

My loadout is as follows

[ Disruptor Beam | Pulse Bolt | Micro-Missiles | Jericho Bombardment | Death From Above | Shield Overload | The One-Off | Hyper-Velocity Charge]

I have Jet Boot Flight set to F2, and Medic set to F3 (HVC is set to F1). Because I'm a filthy cheater, I have the G9 key of my Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard set to run multiple keypresses, so when I press it, it acts like I press [, 3, and then ]. That makes it switch to Page 3 of the Powers Bar, activate the power in Slot 3 (I rebound my keys to use 1-6 AS IT SHOULD BE becuase gently caress ASDFGH), and then switches back to Page 1. For most characters, that's actually my CC Break. Because I set the delay between keypress down and keypress up to 0.005 seconds, it happens almost instantly. The only downside is that for right now, changing pages on the power bar screws up the display of powers with cooldowns, and the timer doesn't show over the icon. It just appears unusable. Fortunatly, I don't have to reactivate Force Shield very often, so it's not a big deal. When I do have to reactivate it, I try to look at the seconds left on The One-Off before I press it.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Everything else on IM's slot one is so good the wasted itemization on coolant blast is irrelevant.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Eiffel On You posted:

Mind sharing it?

Regarding Iron Man, I prefer Wrist Rockets over Pulse Bolt. They don't penetrate or stun, but they hit harder and don't fill the screen with floaty, glowy crap.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I forgot to mention, his self-rez, System Reboot? The activation part is on vacation. It hates you, and won't activate 99% of the time.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kheldarn posted:

I forgot to mention, his self-rez, System Reboot? The activation part is on vacation. It hates you, and won't activate 99% of the time.

Works for me. :shrug: I think it's been hard to notice because there isn't an obvious stun accompanying it like there is with Phoenix Feather, but now you get a buff icon showing when it's been activated and it does activate.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
It doesn't always fail for me but it fails often enough to be noticable and bothersome.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jedit posted:

Works for me. :shrug: I think it's been hard to notice because there isn't an obvious stun accompanying it like there is with Phoenix Feather, but now you get a buff icon showing when it's been activated and it does activate.

It has a nice visual AoE effect to it when you revive. And yeah, when it goes off, it has an icon with a timer that goes into your PvE Buffs tab.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

seravid posted:

Mind sharing it?

Regarding Iron Man, I prefer Wrist Rockets over Pulse Bolt. They don't penetrate or stun, but they hit harder and don't fill the screen with floaty, glowy crap.

They also look boss.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Eiffel On You posted:

I feel like I have a masterful build for Deadpool

Oh ICR, I forgot to follow-up, you owe me a Deadpool build for my sad Deadpool.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

seravid posted:

Mind sharing it?

Yeah, I was running WR/Repulsor Barrage instead of PB. It's more single target oriented and IMO more fun.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Pulse Bolt is massively more single target and area damage than any other spirit dump because each bolt can hit the same target multiple times if you stack +Radius (Doc Ock Medallion + Power Prism Shard). It's really absurd damage. Everything else is a distant second.

Also, his best point dump is probably System Reboot for the passive Defense bonus because if you throw his BiS items on his slots 2-4, he's really squishy.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Also Soulsword's invulnerability proc will help with his survivability.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
This extra drop weekend has been really cool, I've gotten about 15 Unique drops. I think I got 4 out of Ms. Marvel's 5 uniques, and 5 of Emma Frost's, plus a bunch of non-specific ones like this Frost Giant Belt, Nega Bands, and Nate Grey armor.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Toshimo posted:

Pulse Bolt is massively more single target and area damage than any other spirit dump because each bolt can hit the same target multiple times if you stack +Radius (Doc Ock Medallion + Power Prism Shard). It's really absurd damage. Everything else is a distant second.

Also, his best point dump is probably System Reboot for the passive Defense bonus because if you throw his BiS items on his slots 2-4, he's really squishy.

I don't know, IM never really clicked either way for me. I could give it another shot, I have since found an Oscorp and Doc Ock arms.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thanks for the tons of advice goons. Awesome Ironing Man stuff. I'm gonna give some of these suggestions a go later this month.

Also, I found another excellent thread on the official forums that made me smile. Forums superstar Lace, who responds to EVERY post somebody makes and has admitted he/she/it does it to be courteous, did some valuable testing of this double drop weekend. The data proved that this event was dumb and nobody got any drops.

Super statistician MrYuck posted

quote:

MrYuck Posts: 547 Amazing
10:32PM
I found maybe 8 uniques this weekend, which isn't all that amazing for having double uniques. Only 1 in X-Def and I spent several hours there with 450% RIF, so I'm not impressed really. That's how loot has always been in this game to be honest though. People that spend money on boosts to support this game are suckers basically.

I agree--8 uniques is not impressive.

But there are plenty more excellent posts that really sum it up and it's time to go to guarantee unique drops for every 100 kills I believe. Let's make it happen Gaz:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/83415/weird-experience-in-doubled-it-weekend-the-unique-diminishing-return#latest

trem
Sep 17, 2009
Just started playing again this weekend after not playing since Nightcrawler came out. I decided to play my Gambit again, but as a hybrid and he's been a lot of fun. Took him from ~33 to 41 just by doing LQs and heroic story (when needed). Also Bo Vault is amazing.

e: I picked up 2 uniques today, a chest for cyclops (who I don't own) and the hand assassin ninja tabi.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I do wonder if there's some sort of rested bonus, at least for Splinters one seem to drop real quickly right after logging in but eventually there's nothing for up to 30 minutes.

Can't really draw any conclusions from unique drop rates, but increasing a 0.0000000001% drop rate by 100% might not be significant on the user end :v:

(More obvious on purples/artifacts/cosmics)

RNG, how you vex me :argh:

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Eiffel On You posted:

I agree--8 uniques is not impressive.

I think the operative part is several hours in xdef @450% RIF with only one unique. For a while xdef was easily the place to be for uniques. I certainly feel that when they buffed unique drops elsewhere, they also nerfed them in xdef. I know I've run many xdefs with goons this weekend where no one in the party got a unique. Enough goons were running with 900% RIF during boonapalooza for long enough for it to seem pretty clear that unique drops have very harsh diminishing returns with RIF (anti P2W, I guess). For someone not aware of that running that RIF and comparing to older xdef, it would seem pretty frustrating.

I used the think Gaz wanted everyone to group up and be cooperative, which is why the drops in xdef were the best. But I think the recent changes (even the ones intended to make xdef better by preventing leavers) have made things worse, and anecdotally, I think my pubbie xdefs have been worse lately. If I could only run xdef with pubbies, I'm not sure I would bother anymore.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
What I've noticed for splinters is if I get distracted and am alt-tabbed out for any significant length of time but still logged in, I tend to get a splinter in the very first fight I get into, which WOULD fit the "should be a splinter drop every 8 or so minutes" that's supposed to be the case.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The drop rate on uniques is low enough that 2 days isn't a large enough sample size.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I popped all my boosts and got 1 unique yesterday :rant:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

reignonyourparade posted:

What I've noticed for splinters is if I get distracted and am alt-tabbed out for any significant length of time but still logged in, I tend to get a splinter in the very first fight I get into, which WOULD fit the "should be a splinter drop every 8 or so minutes" that's supposed to be the case.

1 day while I was doing other things on my PC, I hopped into midtown, got a splinter and then did the bodyslide-kill-bodyslide every 8 minutes and reliable got the splinter on the first or second pack pretty much every time. It certainly used to work as promised.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Zeike posted:

I popped all my boosts and got 1 unique yesterday :rant:

We were doing some xdef tonight. Cease got like 5 uniques in one match. He crashed out of the next one and apparently the lucky dice shifted to me because I got 3 uniques in that match.

It remains to be seen if said dice passed on to the next lucky fellow when I logged out.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Pass it to me :(

Game update:

quote:

Hi,

We're working hard on our new advancement system tonight and Sue and , but I wanted to drop by and answer the most popular questions I've seen in chat:

Team Up gear drops in common and uncommon rarities currently (white and green). Once you learn how to spot them, they are easy, but you need to notice a few drop so you can train your eyes to quickly see them. We are also requesting a soft VFX glow be added to these for the future along with points for the rarest versions.

Eventually blue Team Up gear will drop and other rarities as more affixes are added.

There is no diminishing returns on Unique drops. That was an interesting theory I heard this weekend in chat / forums.

We are working on 1-2 more options to help out people with bad RNG luck. We've done a few things already, but we would like to continuing pushing the envelope without making things dull and going to a 1 / hour type of system.

Cosmic Prestige is indeed 1/25th of regular experience, but Prestige 6 (Cosmic) was not specifically benefitting from one of the live tuning boosts that we left on many months ago. I believe that level of Prestige was added to the live tuning boost on Friday morning along with the patch to prevent confusion / frustration. (I saw some arguement about this, which are not necessary, both sides are technically "right").

Cosmic Iron Buddy looks incredible and will be in game next week.

The attribute review is complete internally and we'll be sharing the details tomorrow. It's a great improvement to the system and I'm pretty pumped to share it with everyone.

The item review is coming along nicely. It's not huge, but there are a good number of fixes and improvements to existing items that will benefit many under-represented options / builds and just more choice overall.

Black Widow's level 52 review will be on public test center in approximately 1 week. We did an iteration pass and made a few small changes based on feedback from the sneak preview I posted.

Our new alternative advancement system is really shaping up quite nicely and will be ready before the end of May (and much earlier for public testing).

I saw a few bugs discussed (Nightcrawler, Taskmaster and a few others). If the bug has been reported in the Hero & Power Reports section then it is 100% in our system and a team has been assigned to repro and fix. Every morning, those forums are scanned and every report is transcribed into our tracking software and assigned a priority and owner.

I posted the 3 categories for the new Item Design contest in the General Announcements section. We added a Grand Prize for best item overall. The entries so far have been amazing, which is going to make judging this tough and exciting. I have a strong feeling a lot of these are going to be added to the game in the coming weeks.

A saw someone ask about Bronx Zoo. That part of the story is going to be added after our last bit of Asgard content (the final boss, Surtur, in the new raid zone).

Our achievements system continues to track on schedule, with internal testing in 5 weeks and public testing in 9 weeks.

Invisible Woman is nearing the stage where her VFX get approved, iterated and eventually sent to test center. It should be 12-15 days and she'll be ready for testing.

Trading system back-end is complete, but front-end is schedule to finalize next month and then we'll test for whatever number of days are required to be confident in launch.

Bonus note: Since most of us have all seen Winter Soldier at least once, you can probably understand why we weren't quite given the thumbs up to make him a hero/team-up, yet...

Finally, we can see what the new attribute system is like.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one of the changes to the Black Widow 52 review is for drones. And also that they don't run with the fucktarded idea of putting a cooldown on Rolling Grenades. It is really nice to see the feedback from actual players being integrated into the design process. I just wish there was less of this:

"All of our players keep spamming this one ability because it's the only way to deal decent damage!"
"Well then just make it so they can't spam that ability anymore. Problem solved! :pseudo:"

My longshot hope is that they use one dude's idea of making drones stick around, and do small amounts of damage, but letting them get blown up by Remote Detonation for tons of damage. I'm amazed at how good an idea that sounds, I'd love to see it get put in.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Make sure you enter the item design contest if you have any half-decent ideas. Or, feel free to steal one of mine that I didn't use.
  • Mechanical Legs of Wilbur Day (Stilt Man's legs)
  • Tactical Pouch Bandolier (multi-hero unique for Cable and Deadpool)
  • X-Statix Television Contract
  • Marco's [something-or-another, I dunno] Field
  • Civil War Wanted Poster (a Captain America unique with a rez proc)
  • Keys to the Spider-Mobile (a Spider-Man unique)
Or go and pretend to be interested in the ones I posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

quote:

Cosmic Iron Buddy looks incredible and will be in game next week.

And will cost 3000002 credits, because Gazillion.

• Locked thread