Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Chicken Kiev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mini chicken kiev bite kebabs

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Samosaaaaaaaaas.

That was some fuckin' primo poo poo. Two recipes in one video, truly we are a blessed people today.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Chicken kebabs.

Also, olives are the best part of spaghetti sauce, and peanut butter is not molecularly identical to sugar, they just add a shitton of it in in a lot of brands (they also do this with spaghetti sauce). :colbert:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
:psyduck: What happened at the end there?!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I say this for your own good: if you are going to make chicken kebabs, then you need to use spiedie marinade, and if you use spiedie marinade, then you need to eat the chicken using slices of Italian bread to pull the chicken off the skewer. I say this as a former resident of Endicott.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Chicken Kiev, for sure! Awww, man, watching that spag bol has confirmed my every belief about spag bol being a "chuck it in" dish, and it warmed the cockles of my heart to see you cut out the middleman by mixing the s'getti and bol together, because seriously, everyone I know mixes the two together if it isn't done already!

Anyways, time for me to actually contribute, with JamieTheD's Insanely Fruity/Spicy/WTF Additions to Bolognese

Okay, so Bolognese is great, right? But it's basically tomato, meat, onions, and a bay leaf or two. Fine on its own, but I like my bolo to bite back! So, the following things are always added into my bol:-

1 splash White Wine Vinegar
1 pinch (Okay, maybe 2 pinches) sugar (because A - gently caress the health po-lice, and B - It brings out the flavour of the other poo poo I put in)
2 pinches Mixed Herbs (because long habit)
2 pinches Piri Piri Herb Mix (Kicker number 1)
2 dried red chillis (Kicker number 2)
2 Bay Leaves (Remember to fish that and the chillis out after simmering if you want your friends to come back)
1 sliced green/yellow pepper (not the chilli kind, bell peppers, I think. Either way, this adds some more loving texture, as if shrooms and onions weren't enough)
EDIT: I don't always put in garlic, but if I got it, I put a third of a clove in.

This makes for a surprisingly tasty treat, which works well with Extra Mature Cheddar on top/under/what the gently caress ever. Parmesan if you got it, though... Because watching people experiencing the smell of Parmesan for the first time is classic.

Fake Edit: Hot-drat, EntranceJew, your recipe was the best!

JamieTheD fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 14, 2014

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sometimes I like to just eat the pasta plain with maybe a very tiny amount of sauce

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Kiev

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Chicken Kiev, or anything you'd be willing to flush down a toilet.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hey fellow pinch of sugar in spaghetti-person.

It makes it so much better.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Eggloaf Kiev

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
EJ, either you are committed to your art or wow your kitchen is dirty. Also thanks Mico, your LP has introduced me to so much music that I might have otherwise never heard :allears:.

Samosas (bonus round: make a bunch of mimosas because it rhymes and cook drunk).

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
The Masaokis ending took a 'good' LP and made it amazing. :allears:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

GreyPowerVan posted:

Hey fellow pinch of sugar in spaghetti-person.

It makes it so much better.

I hope you're not doing this with premade jar sauce because the vast majority of those already come jam packed with sugar.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
If you add enough sugar it tastes just like my homeboy Chef Boyardee's secret recipe.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mico posted:

If you add enough sugar it tastes just like my homeboy Chef Boyardee's secret recipe.

One of my favorite pasta toppings is just a whole load of sugar with a little prego added to the mix

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

pandaK posted:

I hope you're not doing this with premade jar sauce because the vast majority of those already come jam packed with sugar.

Nah, I make my own sauce. I may put it up on GWS wiki eventually whenever I remember to take pictures while making it.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Oh yeah, and the reason you put a little sauce into the spaghetti is so that it doesn't stick to the pot. Same reason some people rinse pasta in cold water for a second once it's drained; it doesn't cool the pasta down much but it does stiffen up the surface.

Gamer McBaggin
Oct 13, 2013
I would love to see Chicken Kiev!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Oh yeah, and the reason you put a little sauce into the spaghetti is so that it doesn't stick to the pot. Same reason some people rinse pasta in cold water for a second once it's drained; it doesn't cool the pasta down much but it does stiffen up the surface.

Please do not rinse your pasta in cold water unless it specifically calls for it. That washes off all the starch bubbles that have formed on the outside of the noodle which is what the sauce clings to when you mix it. No cling = no saucy noodles

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Spaghetti is wonderful and yet somehow incredibly easy to ruin. If good spaghetti didn't exist I'd just write off all spaghetti as a mean trick constantly being played on me.

Going with chicken kebabs because I have no idea why skewering meat is so popular that people continue to do it in their own homes where how portable your food is is entirely irrelevant.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

You make the kebabs. Just you make 'em.
Side note, She Fucks Me by Ween constantly mentions food... sorta.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
As a 'murican I officially advocate Meat on a Stick because that's the 'murican way.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Kebabs!

Delicious kebabs.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Samosas are superior to Kiev or kebabs. :colbert:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Samosas so you can prove you make them better than this guy.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Kebabs.

And I guess I shouldn't mention my Dorm Room Bolo recipe then.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pyrotoad posted:

Samosas so you can prove you make them better than this guy.

That guy's bandanna makes it look like he has one hell of a unibrow.

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
Samosas with chutney :colbert:

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Samosas you bastard.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

Camel Pimp posted:

Samosas you bastard.

This is the only correct answer. Maybe with a side of saag paneer...

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Samosas

ToastGhost
Jul 28, 2012

20% cooler
I wasn't going to say Samosas because I thought there was no way it could win, but it is far more delicious than chicken kiev.

Plus the part where you have to fry it in cooking mama probably sucks and I want to see him do it. And his recipe is probably good too.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

bathroomrage posted:

The Masaokis ending took a 'good' LP and made it amazing. :allears:

Yes! I was in tears. That accent :swoon:

also when u mico com hom and make hte kebabs

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Gagh

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I think this means samosas won

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

:gowron:

Is it too late to switch my vote?

Gwrrrk
Jun 27, 2013
Samosas because I am addicted to things related to curry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Goin' for Chicken Kiev

• Locked thread