Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

tacodaemon posted:

Tigris/Euphrates? Huh?

Also known as the "cradle of civilization".

E: I'm not saying it's in Africa, I'm just saying it's called the Cradle of Civilization.

Marley Wants More has a new favorite as of 12:27 on Apr 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Also known as "in Asia".

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

tacodaemon posted:

Tigris/Euphrates? Huh?

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

This is what happened to Steve Nash. Jason Richardson hosed his wife.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Byzantine posted:

Also known as "in Asia".

Meh, I just looked it up and it's about 800 miles / <1300km from Cairo (which is shorter than the distance between the north and south borders of California). Not exactly in Africa, but close enough for my point - especially since my country is known for not even being able to find Canada on a map, what with it being tucked away down there

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Iraq: A well-known African nation. Well, close enough.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Twat McTwatterson posted:

This is what happened to Steve Nash. Jason Richardson hosed his wife.

Steve Nash is the ugliest man on earth. I don't know who Jason Richardson is, but he did the Nash family a favor.

Spoeank posted:

Iraq: A well-known African nation. Well, close enough.

If we're really going by the ol' Out of Africa theory, then the "Africa" everyone comes from is closer to Chad or Kenya, where catarrhine primates emerged. If we're going by a more potentially accurate hypothesis, early primates (and therefore proto-hominoids) came from Western Asia and Europe into Africa. (I fully realize that I am biased, having studied under David Begun, but he's also a huge asswipe, so I may not be as biased as you might think.)

And that first primate was...Albert Einstein.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 05:09 on Apr 10, 2014

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
If some of you believe that people aren't so broken that they would use gifs and memes on the internet to inform others of soul-crushing heartfelt pain, then god bless, I wish I could go back to being that naive.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

About half of the responses to the thread were "divorce her and sue for paternity" and at least one guy suggested that this kind of thing is why /r/theredpill exists.

The other half were people pointing out that either of them could have black ancestry.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Tumblr is, as usual, completely out of control.

http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/post/80589444578/i-was-nearly-killed-in-a-hit-and-run-by-a-fatophobe

quote:

I was nearly killed in a hit and run by a fatophobe.
Seriously. She saw me coming and sped up, When I moved out of the way (and screamed at her), she leaned her head out of the window and screamed “FAT BITCHES LIKE YOU NEED TO STAY OUT OF THE STREET AND BE REMOVED FROM THE WORLD”.
Then she revved her engine and screamed “I WOULD HAVE DONE EVERYONE A FAVOR HERE IF I’D RUN YOU DOWN LIKE i SHOULD HAVE”.
She she drove off after throwing water at me.

I’m seriously trying to stop myself from breaking poo poo right now. Can I emphasize the fact that THIS WOMAN TRIED TO KILL ME BECAUSE OF MY SIZE?

Thin privilege is knowing that some poo poo like THAT would never happen to you.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

What really happened, I'm sure:

Fat person is walking in the road and doesn't pay attention to a car coming. Car has to slow down and honk. Fat person moves off the road slowly. Driver yells "Learn to get your fat rear end out of the road!".

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Araenna posted:

What really happened, I'm sure:

Fat person is walking in the road and doesn't pay attention to a car coming. Car has to slow down and honk. Fat person moves off the road slowly. Driver yells "Learn to get your fat rear end out of the road!".

What really happened is it was made up wholesale. Like the person who wrote it isn't even fat IRL but wants hurtcred.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
The fact that she was fat is by far the most believable thing in that post.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Morkyz posted:

The fact that she was fat is by far the most believable thing in that post.

That's true. Then she definitely was not outside.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Homeowners HATE him. One man's tip for pissing on houses without repercussion. :downs:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Actually, I was out for a run last summer and was coming to cross at some lights because it was on the walk. Well, this one truck jumps forward over the line and I had to jump a little because I thought I was going to get hurt. Big fat slob just leering at me so I flipped her off and kept running.
Then everyone stood up and clapped:downs:.
Seriously I've been jeered at far more than fat people than not.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Nyarai posted:

Homeowners HATE him. One man's tip for pissing on houses without repercussion. :downs:

I know a guy who got arrested for peeing on his own house where no one could see him, so this is very much STDH.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

ThatPazuzu posted:

I know a guy who got arrested for peeing on his own house where no one could see him, so this is very much STDH.

I originally read this as "horse" and was conflicted about the potential legality of that situation.

Ummm, I guess you should wear underpants...

(I can't for the life of me see what this means other than she somehow pulled out her tampon?)

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

This story is even dumber when you can look at this persons post history and see them talking about their highschool.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

NoUU posted:

This story is even dumber when you can look at this persons post history and see them talking about their highschool.

I've never, ever, seen an FBI guy in a black suit. Usually they wear blue blazers and some solid-color slacks. I guess he wants us to believe that he was actually visited by MIB.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

bringmyfishback posted:

Ummm, I guess you should wear underpants...

(I can't for the life of me see what this means other than she somehow pulled out her tampon?)

I can't even fathom how it could be otherwise. I mean, how--what--could a man pull out that felt like a string?

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

ThatPazuzu posted:

How did he get arrested for it if no one could see him?

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Khazar-khum posted:

I can't even fathom how it could be otherwise. I mean, how--what--could a man pull out that felt like a string?

I can't fathom it at all! What position would she be squatting in, wearing pants, that her tampon string could be hanging out? Was the tampon string several feet long? Did she bust her pants wide open and somehow not notice?

This stdh is weirding me out. If the string was supposed to be something else, I'm even more confused.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

NoUU posted:

The first part of this had hairs lifting on the back of my neck, it felt so familiar. Can't tell you how many times I've heard similar ones from some sixtyish civil-service cobol cowboy with coffee-and-cig breath in an interdepartmental meeting.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Telemaze posted:

I can't fathom it at all! What position would she be squatting in, wearing pants, that her tampon string could be hanging out? Was the tampon string several feet long? Did she bust her pants wide open and somehow not notice?

This stdh is weirding me out. If the string was supposed to be something else, I'm even more confused.

The only other option I can think of is that she's English, where pants=underwear and she was wearing a skirt. But that makes her incredibly stupid as well, because what else would a string hanging out of your underwear be?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Palisader posted:

The only other option I can think of is that she's English, where pants=underwear and she was wearing a skirt. But that makes her incredibly stupid as well, because what else would a string hanging out of your underwear be?

Also every brand of tampon I've ever used has a loop of string rather than just a plain hanging string, whether it's two strings knotted together or just an unknotted loop. Not to mention they hang like two inches maximum so I mean. Like, point is that a tampon string looks distinctly different from any other string in all brands I can envision.

Now it doesn't say she pulled the whole thing out, which would have been even more STDH because it's not like the things come popping out like Pez candy.

I guess this would explain the tampons that appear in weird public places, but, I mean, no, no it would not.

PYF: poo poo that didnt happen.txt: Menstrual Science

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

sweeperbravo posted:

Also every brand of tampon I've ever used has a loop of string rather than just a plain hanging string, whether it's two strings knotted together or just an unknotted loop. Not to mention they hang like two inches maximum so I mean. Like, point is that a tampon string looks distinctly different from any other string in all brands I can envision.

Now it doesn't say she pulled the whole thing out, which would have been even more STDH because it's not like the things come popping out like Pez candy.

I guess this would explain the tampons that appear in weird public places, but, I mean, no, no it would not.

PYF: poo poo that didnt happen.txt: Menstrual Science

I guess our author never considered that at least 50% of the intended audience just might be able to call them on their menstrual bullshit.

Fativism.

quote:

Bigotry Comes In All Shapes And Sizes
Retail | USA | Bigotry, Health & Body

(I work in a store that sells only plus-sized clothing. There are signs about it throughout the store, and the sizing system is clearly different from other stores. A pair of very skinny girls walk in.)

Girl #1: “Whoa, look at all the fat people in here.”

Girl #2: “Dude, shut up.”

Girl #1: “What? I can outrun them if I have to.”

(I approach them before Girl #1 causes any trouble.)

Me: “Hello, ladies. Is there anything in particular I can help you find? Looking for a gift for someone?”

Girl #1: “Yah, where are your leggings?”

Me: “They’re right over here on this rack.”

Girl #1: “What’s this? 1X? 2X?”

Me: “That’s the plus size sizing system.”

Girl #1: “Do I LOOK like I’m OBESE?!”

Me: “I assumed you were in here buying for someone else.”

Girl #2: “[Girl #1], I told you this is a plus-size store.”

Girl #1: “So you don’t have a size two?”

Me: “No. Like your friend said, we only sell plus-sized clothing.”

Girl #1: “This is discrimination against people who actually CARE about their bodies! You should carry NORMAL clothes too!”

(Another customer overhears her little outburst.)

Customer: “You really don’t have to shop here, kid.”

Girl #1: “Well, maybe I wante—”

Customer: “I’m sick of hearing that sort of attitude. I go to any other clothing store, and I can’t find anything that’s my size because I’m too big. There are dozens of stores at this mall that sell your size, but only one the sells mine. Guess what, kiddo? I didn’t CHOOSE to be fat! I have a genetic disorder that causes me to gain weight no matter how much I work out.”

Girl #2: “Come on, let’s just go elsewhere. I’m so sorry for my idiot friend’s behavior.”

Girl #1: “Why are you standing up for them?”

Girl #2: “You know I used to weigh twice what I do now. I worked my a** off to lose over 100 pounds. I don’t see why the f*** we even came in here! I told you we wouldn’t find anything! So cut it with the fat discrimination and let’s go elsewhere, you idiot!”

(Girl #2 came back later to apologize again.)

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The reality of the situation:

A girl walks into a plus-sized store. She asks if they have anything in size two. When informed it is a plus-sized store, the girl is embarrassed, thanks the employee and leaves.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

Customer: Guess what, kiddo?

Me: "Realistic dialog you got there, kid"

MonoAus has a new favorite as of 08:31 on Apr 15, 2014

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013

BBJoey posted:

The reality of the situation:

Fat person doesn't leave house, cries into their tub of marshmallow fluff.

FTFY

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I like how no matter what, every single time, without fail, every SINGLE fat protagonist or prota-supported fat person in stdh ALWAYS has 'a disease' instead of just admitting they're a lazy fat rear end. Seriously, I know people with thyroid conditions and the like, and shock horror at worst they're slightly overweight. Surprising that.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Girl 2 used to weigh 200 pounds. What a hambeast. :btroll:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The woman says she gains weight no matter how much she works out but conveniently neglects to mention anything about her diet.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

oldpainless posted:

The woman says she gains weight no matter how much she works out but conveniently neglects to mention anything about her diet.

I have a disease which can somehow alter the law of physics because I work out three hours a day and eat only dry salads and am still gaining weight. :shrug:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

DrNutt posted:

I have a disease which can somehow alter the law of physics because I work out three hours a day and eat only dry salads and am still gaining weight. :shrug:

You're not the lady in the story though so we would still root for you in an STDH story :shobon:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

My co-worker's doctor told him to go on a diet so he is eating better. He had a salad with honeymustard and a microwave potpie(650cal) for lunch. :downs:

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Here's a round of stupid loving imgur confessions and FML posts. Welcome to the hottest internet trend of ten years ago, dipshits.

What the hell is this one even trying to say?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Wasn't this from a movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

These all sound like scenarios from lovely sitcom writers in training.

• Locked thread