Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Veskit posted:

Ball fondlers was pretty great. I'm on board with this show now. It took a few epsiodes after the pilot to really start to appreciate it. Why are all pilots so loving bad? Uhgg.

I'm sorry you're from an alternate reality where the pilot was bad. In my reality the pilot was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm sorry you're from an alternate reality where the pilot was bad. In my reality the pilot was awesome.

I wish I had glasses to see an alternate reality in which I liked the pilot. Though that would be full on Dan Harmon meta.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Veskit posted:

I wish I had glasses to see an alternate reality in which I liked the pilot. Though that would be full on Dan Harmon meta.

I'm sorry you apparently live in a darker timeline from the rest of us

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Pilots are hard. Everyone involved in the show is doing that show for the first time. And you have to introduce the whole concept of the show which can sometimes be fun but can sometimes feel tedious. In a perfect world, shows would get to make like five practice episodes before really starting.

Also I thought the first episode was pretty good even if the show is better now. Rick and Morty a hundred years, don't think about it, they're just robots, the twist at the end with it being those seed fruit things making Morty smarter, there was a lot of pretty good stuff in that episode I thought.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?

Veskit posted:

Why are all pilots so loving bad? Uhgg.

Because the entire project from the pitch meeting all the way to final production of a pilot is a soul crushing wade through the quagmire that is network politics.

Every pilot takes anywhere from six months to four years to go from the pitch stage to the final production stage (Rick and Morty pilot production was about 2 years). Throughout the entire process there is the constant fear that the project will get axed. A change in network head? Project is axed. Network head is a fickle rear end in a top hat and changes his mind? Project is axed. A butterfly lands on a flower all the way in Thailand? Project is motherfucking axed.

On top of that, there are constant rewrites to the initial script at the behest of the network and a myriad of of other things a network will request to be changed before giving the go ahead for production to start.

It's a testament to Harmen and Roiland's talents that the pilot was still amazing despite all the bullshit they had to go through in order to make it.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 13, 2014

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Metropolis posted:

Also I thought the first episode was pretty good even if the show is better now. Rick and Morty a hundred years, don't think about it, they're just robots, the twist at the end with it being those seed fruit things making Morty smarter, there was a lot of pretty good stuff in that episode I thought.

Yeah, I thought it was great. "Is the knife really necessary?", Morty not turning his boots on, "You're like Hitler but even Hitler cared about Germany," etc.

I was pretty much laughing from the opening scene where a drunken Rick painfully drags Morty out of bed in the middle of the night.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Just caught up with the latest one and the world where furniture ordered phones through pizza while sitting on humans may be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I had missed the pilot, so ended up watching it last week on the website. I'm kind of glad I did it that way. It was hilarious, but having the reverse context of the later shows really helped guide my expectations through some of the aforementioned "rough spots" that all pilots suffer from.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I hope that the season 1 DVD of this has like a 15 or 30 minute episode of Ball Fondlers.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The pilot was a dirtier version of Invader Zim, especially with the funny action scenes. I rarely see those in cartoons now a days. Regular Show's probably the closest, but even they would just stop being funny and make a straight up action scene.

The pilot rules. Is what I'm saying here.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I keep trying to figure out what the weakest episode has been so far but whenever I think I've settled on one I'm like "no, wait, that was hilarious, it can't have been the weakest."

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I'm not complaining, but how come I can watch the episodes on the adult swim website even though I'm in Sweden? All other channels usually block me out.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

My first thought was Rick-tually this.

(Yes, it took me a long time to get around to watching the episode. Some weeks just don't work out right. :mad:)

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

prefect posted:

My first thought was Rick-tually this.

(Yes, it took me a long time to get around to watching the episode. Some weeks just don't work out right. :mad:)

Comic books sure are something

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hat Thoughts posted:

Comic books sure are something

I can't help it; I've always been an enormous nerd. :blush:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I just appreciate that there are officially two completely different interdimensional "councils" populated by a single character.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

I just appreciate that there are officially two completely different interdimensional "councils" populated by a single character.

Kinda makes you wonder, huh? About NOTHING.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Hat Thoughts posted:

When you consider all the infinite possibilities, there's probably an interdimensional council for every individual. An Interdimensional Council of Hat Thoughts.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Just started watching this and goddamn is it good. I'm totally on board with this show and bummed we only get one more episode for this season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got to rock the Peace Oot! to my mate from Toronto. Who didn't think it was nearly as hilarious as i did.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
My facebook friends are starting to say "Wubalubadubdub!"

Is....Is the show over :ohdear:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The normlies have found it... good while it lasted.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Haha a fake Titanic cruise.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Go get your beak wet bird person

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
SlowMoebius!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe bird person can arrange that

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Abradolf Lincler?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Every part of this episode is the best part.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Giant testicle monster? Let's party!

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

I'm still trying to get over that one girl at the beginning of the party saying, "I love watching bukkake, but I don't think I'd ever do it, you know?" and the rapid fire hilarious everything else isn't letting me.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Moose King posted:

I'm still trying to get over that one girl at the beginning of the party saying, "I love watching bukkake, but I don't think I'd ever do it, you know?" and the rapid fire hilarious everything else isn't letting me.

Glad I'm not the only one that caught that.

It's only half over, and it's already great.

Edit: This might be the worst away team ever....oh god...

Brightman fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 15, 2014

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The B-Plot sure took a turn. :stonk:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Oh my God Rick.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Space coke.

Lincler died for spake coke.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
my god

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Did bugs crawl into that flute girl's eyes?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Jerry is so lame that he would like a titanic themed ride.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

... what

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
A Kindle would hurt if you got hit in the head with one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
this is actually sad

• Locked thread