Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Code 1002 Geass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Boxman posted:

Yeah, I don't know what thread policy is on this sort of post

More more more!

uG posted:

Why can't you have the app fetch the required xpath strings at runtime (or when updated) from a centralized source (github) so if the forum updates you don't need an entire new version of the app? Does the App Store not allow this?

It's a good idea and it's definitely on the list, as mentioned. I've even talked with devs for other platforms' Awful apps about collaborating on a common repository and test suite. We're all for it (or at least, nobody objected), it's just not terribly high on the list. Since it affects Awful.app the most, because of the lead time for pushing out an update, if anyone starts that project it'll be us.

The current issue with the announcement was entirely a stupid change on my part, and it would've worked fine just a few versions ago.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Sereri posted:

That said, don't let Awful apps influence what phone you're gonna buy.

Of course, everyone should buy a Windows Tablet :v:.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, nice title change, was just popping in to see if something was up. Oddly enough, bookmarked threads work fine, I can even post in them.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

McDragon posted:

Ha, nice title change, was just popping in to see if something was up. Oddly enough, bookmarked threads work fine, I can even post in them.

Read back and you'll see why

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Reprisal posted:

Hello,

I'm getting constant 1002 errors, and nows threads don't appear listed in forums

tried deleting and redownloading app, have no idea why there would be a network problem as data flows freely for other things..

Suggestions welcome

I made the mistake of deleting/dowloading the app again and yeah, nothing works now. Oh what desperate times these be.
Is there a dark mode in Chrome/Safari? It's the best feature ever invented.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Much like everyone else, I'm getting 1002 errors when I try to load subforums. The odd thing is, I can load my bookmarked threads (and this one) just fine.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Green Intern posted:

Much like everyone else, I'm getting 1002 errors when I try to load subforums. The odd thing is, I can load my bookmarked threads (and this one) just fine.

Why would that be odd? The announcement is what breaks parsing of the (sub/)forums. Threads themselves are fine, and since there are no announcements on the bookmarks page, so are those.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
You said you were going to get a new version to the app store soon, is there an ETA for that? Not trying to like, rush you or anything, I realize you're not getting paid for this, I'm just curious.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I've been getting the 1002 error as well. I was able to load forums occasionally, but I removed and reloaded the app to see if that would fix it and now I can't get past the forums main page.

Appreciate all the work you're putting into this.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

forbidden lesbian posted:

You said you were going to get a new version to the app store soon, is there an ETA for that? Not trying to like, rush you or anything, I realize you're not getting paid for this, I'm just curious.

He already did at the beginning of last week. It's not getting the update to the Apple that is the bottleneck, it's Apple crack team approving the update and releasing it to the store.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Dave posted:

He already did at the beginning of last week. It's not getting the update to the Apple that is the bottleneck, it's Apple crack team approving the update and releasing it to the store.

Oh, sorry, I kinda thought updates just went thru. I am wholly out of knowledge about such things. Thanks for the answer, tho!

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Why does this happen in every forum I visit? All I can do now is view threads I have bookmarked.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You're the worst person on the planet.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
We're going to need more screenshots to diagnose the problem.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Was there any kind of error code? That might help narrow it down a bit.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Are you loving serious? The error code is right there.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Nope sorry not seeing it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It just says something about a weather subforum; we need the actual error code.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
You poo poo fingered mother fuckers better fix this because I have a very important auction in Diablo III and I have a very on the go life!!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's probably a Telekom error, I would contact them.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Joe Videogames posted:

You poo poo fingered mother fuckers better fix this because I have a very important auction in Diablo III and I have a very on the go life!!

There's that Teutonic anger boiling over again.

Semi on topic: does Apple still want a login to test posting on the forums?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Sereri posted:

Why would that be odd? The announcement is what breaks parsing of the (sub/)forums. Threads themselves are fine, and since there are no announcements on the bookmarks page, so are those.

I guess I misunderstood what was causing the problem. My bad!

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Anybody else not able to dismiss the sidebar anymore?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I keep getting error code -1002 when loading forums help

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Vegetable Melange posted:

Anybody else not able to dismiss the sidebar anymore?

What device and orientation?

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Daniel Bryan posted:

I keep getting error code -1002 when loading forums help

Ask Fandango to help you

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joe Videogames posted:

Why does this happen in every forum I visit? All I can do now is view threads I have bookmarked.

Someone draw a dick on this.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Just downloaded the new version from the appstore and it works great - thanks pokeyman!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Krakkles posted:

Just downloaded the new version from the appstore and it works great - thanks pokeyman!

But what happens if there's TWO announcements on the forum?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Hey it works now. Thanks fandango.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
I'm not getting my beloved error code 1002 anymore. Please help.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh poo poo, not only does it work now but it also looks prettier and [/..] is a great addition. Thanks so much :D

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

But what happens if there's TWO announcements on the forum?

Well, since one announcement required one update, obviously two announcements would require two updates. Duh.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Hay guys I downloaded the update and I'm not getting an error anymore. Is this fixed???????

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The reign of the tyrant 1002 is finally over.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The update won't install for me. I'm sitting here staring at the 1002 message like a chump. :argh:

edit: It's ok now.

withak fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 14, 2014

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Subjunctive posted:

What device and orientation?

ipad, landscape.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Oh god, the app lives again! My pooping time will go up significantly! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I don't know if it's the thread or what but this thread immediately crashes upon trying to view it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3180956

• Locked thread