Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veotax
May 16, 2006

Tripple J fired him because he told him to stop obsessing about Spider-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Just Jonah in the last panel has me cracking up. That and the close-ups of the armor show that, yes, Jonah drew a loving mustache on the suit.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

John Dyne posted:

Just Jonah in the last panel has me cracking up. That and the close-ups of the armor show that, yes, Jonah drew a loving mustache on the suit.

The jury is out on whether or not he drew those eyebrows, or if Tony Stark had them drawn on to help indicate emotion.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

John Dyne posted:

Wait, has newspaper Spider-man's introduction blurb always referred to a spider as an insect? Like is that something no one's noticed or bothered to fix in the last 50 years?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes, and nobody's probably bothered because enough people are technically incorrect on that usage that it's in the dictionary.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Godzilla King of Monsters Vol 1 #23

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

John Dyne posted:

I like how miles away the suit crashes into a power line and then the electrical feedback from that reaches all the way back to the command room.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A newspaper man should know better than to use "your" in that context.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking

Red posted:

"Dang it Moench you blasted typewriter jockey, you've made a monkey of me in the papers! Here is a grammer lesson for you care of JJJ: YOU'RE fired, get YOUR garbage out of my of MY office in two minutes or I'll have Miss Brant here test the firehose on you."

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Bloody Holly posted:

"Dang it Moench you blasted typewriter jockey, you've made a monkey of me in the papers! Here is a grammer lesson for you care of JJJ: YOU'RE fired, get YOUR garbage out of my of MY office in two minutes or I'll have Miss Brant here test the firehose on you."

I guess he's double fired now. :ohdear:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

I guess he's double fired now. :ohdear:

Triple, even. Firehose isn't a word.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Muphry's law strikes again.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Red posted:

It's really MORE impressive when you think about it. Jonah is the only person capable of using the wrong "your" OUT LOUD. That's a commitment to never being wrong, even when he is wrong, that most people lack the confidence to pull off.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

*lets loose the Grammerhose*

content:

drat Nazis, always spitting jive and referencing the Jeffersons.
Looks like old Benji gave JR a kiss on the cheek.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

So was that the only reference in the comic, or does Spider-man actually show up at some point?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I liked ANXM #25 a lot.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wade Wilson posted:

So was that the only reference in the comic, or does Spider-man actually show up at some point?

The Avengers and the Fantastic Four slug it out with Godzilla so pretty much everyone except Spider-man is at the fight:

They battle him for two issues and eventually chase him off the island, which is the point that Spider-man decides to turn up:

Top work, Spidey! :thumbsup:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

If it's up to Hank Pym and Janet to save the day just accept defeat.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

I don't know...
Seems Like Hank to me.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Bloody Holly posted:

I don't know...
Seems Like Hank to me.

No, Hank would've just decked her.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waterhaul posted:

Hank Pym would probably be the first guy I'd call if there was a skyscraper-sized dinosaur rampaging through the city. Just shrink that thing right down and then figure out what to do with it while all it's doing is maybe trying to light your shoes on fire.

Well, him or Ka-Zar. Stopping giant ancient dinosaurs is just another weekday for him.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Lobok posted:

Hank Pym would probably be the first guy I'd call if there was a skyscraper-sized dinosaur rampaging through the city. Just shrink that thing right down and then figure out what to do with it while all it's doing is maybe trying to light your shoes on fire.

They actually tried that... and then it slowly wore off. Which led to A) Godzilla terrorizing sewer rats & B) a six-foot Godzilla in a trench coat.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

John Dyne posted:

How long as Joe Sinnott been inking the Sundays? I honestly wasn't aware that he was still alive...

Edit: I looked it up and he's been doing it forever and I just never noticed...

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

They actually tried that... and then it slowly wore off. Which led to A) Godzilla terrorizing sewer rats & B) a six-foot Godzilla in a trench coat.

This sounds amazing. Someone show this.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Lobok posted:

Well, him or Ka-Zar. Stopping giant ancient dinosaurs is just another weekday for him.

Simpsons Moore did it.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

I liked ANXM #25 a lot.

Does anyone else find this not so much funny as really f'n depressing?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

404GoonNotFound posted:

And then Reed used his Time Platform to send Big G to the Stone Age when he kept growing, and he ended up having some adventures with Moon Boy and Devil Dinosaur for an issue before finding his way back to the 20th century.

The series is pretty amazing. During that last "battle" there's a pretty badassed bit where he starts trying to knock over the Empire State Building, and Thor gets on the other side and pushes back that comes off pretty great. Even better is much earlier in the series where Godzilla first lands in San Francisco, and The Champions try to stop him. Hercules actually manages to flip him from underneath, and it's totally a scene that belongs in the badass thread.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Where did he get the trench coat?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Where did he get the trench coat?

Constantine lent it to him in exchange for a favor TBD.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

The Avengers and the Fantastic Four slug it out with Godzilla so pretty much everyone except Spider-man is at the fight:

Transformers #3 (1985)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Bloody Holly posted:

I don't know...
Seems Like Hank to me.

So this marks two occasions where people close to Hank Pym are unable to recognize him because he's wearing a new costume THAT IN NO WAY DISGUISES HIS VOICE.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Did you guys know there is a collection of the Spider-Man newspaper strips? I guess there was a HC a couple years ago and now a tpb.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0785185615/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1397571490&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Senior Woodchuck posted:

So this marks two occasions where people close to Hank Pym are unable to recognize him because he's wearing a new costume THAT IN NO WAY DISGUISES HIS VOICE.

Suddenly the question of how the Superior Spider-Man got away without detection for so long is answered.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Uthor posted:

Did you guys know there is a collection of the Spider-Man newspaper strips? I guess there was a HC a couple years ago and now a tpb.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0785185615/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1397571490&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

Yeah, but if I remember correctly it's strips from before the period when Stan (or Larry, I guess) decided, "I can do whatever crazy stuff I want!" If they were collections of roughly the past five years of storylines (say, post the newspaper strip going back on One More Day) I'd be a lot more interested, but the stuff from the seventies and early eighties just weak Spider-Man comics.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Suddenly the question of how the Superior Spider-Man got away without detection for so long is answered.

I always imagined Hank had a helium voice when he shrunk down like that, to her credit.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

Not sure if this belongs here or the badass thread. Probably both.

from the A-Team vol.1

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Senior Woodchuck posted:

It's actually not Hank, and he's grabbing her because she got close enough to realise it wasn't.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Bloody Holly posted:

Not sure if this belongs here or the badass thread. Probably both.

from the A-Team vol.1

Mr T in comics is pretty much consistently awesome.

From Mr T and the T-Force #1

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Mr T in comics is pretty much consistently awesome.

From Mr T and the T-Force #1

drat, that baby already has a moustache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That is an actual thing that newborns can have.

• Locked thread