Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Do orokin catalysts make your weapons level up faster? I bought a stug with some platinum I had left over from something forever ago, and it levelled up to 30 soooo much faster than my crafted torid or furax, which are still crawling along in the 10s.
No they do not. They only allow you to equip more/better mods than you would otherwise be able to at a given weapon rank. That means they more effective, earlier, which can make leveling them a much nicer experience.

It also doesn't hurt that the Stug is a much, much better weapon than either of those other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Helter Skelter posted:

No they do not. They only allow you to equip more/better mods than you would otherwise be able to at a given weapon rank. That means they more effective, earlier, which can make leveling them a much nicer experience.

It also doesn't hurt that the Stug is a much, much better weapon than either of those other two.

Yeah it does seem to kick the rear end of the other two, and really most of my other weapons. Is there a list of which weapons are good anywhere? The wiki doesn't really tell you.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I find it pretty funny that DE somehow didn't think that all the rails would be set to 0%.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yeah it does seem to kick the rear end of the other two, and really most of my other weapons. Is there a list of which weapons are good anywhere? The wiki doesn't really tell you.
DPSFrame has (as the name would imply) a breakdown of the numbers, but it's not always a good indicator of overall effectiveness or fun. Posting here in the thread or asking in clan chat about what's good at your mastery rank is a good way to get recommendations, though.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I just killed a Trinity in a Solar Rail mission. :v: It's just like Dark Souls, except not!

EDIT: Haha, I only got 700 cr as a reward for that mission. :getout:

Azran fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 14, 2014

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

DPSFrame has (as the name would imply) a breakdown of the numbers, but it's not always a good indicator of overall effectiveness or fun. Posting here in the thread or asking in clan chat about what's good at your mastery rank is a good way to get recommendations, though.

I'm mastery rank 5, and I tend to like the more unusual weapons, but with them its always hard to tell if they're gonna be great or really suck. I was worried the stug would suck but its really good + fun. I was really enthusiastic about getting the miter till I heard it sucks really bad. I made the torid but I am not jazzed by it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I made a Stug because it looked like a super soaker. Then I kept using it cause it's an exploding goo-wad gun :allears:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Azran posted:

I just killed a Trinity in a Solar Rail mission. :v: It's just like Dark Souls, except not!

EDIT: Haha, I only got 700 cr as a reward for that mission. :getout:

Team member or had they somehow glitched other squads into your instance?

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Hey guys, can I get a re-invite into the clan? I was away for a while because my computer went and died on me but I have a new one and am really liking what they did with Melee 2.0.

I went through the Google Form too if that helps any.

Edit: drat that was quick. Thanks!

On a more In-Game topic did they change anything about Armor or is it still absolute poo poo?

Crono S. Magnum fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 14, 2014

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'm mastery rank 5, and I tend to like the more unusual weapons, but with them its always hard to tell if they're gonna be great or really suck. I was worried the stug would suck but its really good + fun. I was really enthusiastic about getting the miter till I heard it sucks really bad. I made the torid but I am not jazzed by it.
Pick up an Ignis if you haven't already, and maybe look at building a Paris Prime as well. The Drakgoon is also a good, fun gun (flak cannon!), and you have a bunch of stuff at mastery 6 to look forward to.

Most of the secondaries are at least decent (avoid the Spectra), but favorites right now that you can build include the Marelok (clan research) and Brakk (if you can coax the parts out of the Grustrag Three), as well as the Stug you already have. I'm also a big fan of the Akstiletto and both of the revolvers (Vasto and Magnus, along with their respective akimbo versions).

Melee weapons right now kind of seem to be more about finding something that you like the move set for and going nuts with that.

zgrowler2 posted:

Team member or had they somehow glitched other squads into your instance?
Solar rail sabotage missions have NPC versions of random members of the defending clan as enemies. They're chumps. :v:

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Hey guys, can I get a re-invite into the clan? I was away for a while because my computer went and died on me but I have a new one and am really liking what they did with Melee 2.0.

I went through the Google Form too if that helps any.

On a more In-Game topic did they change anything about Armor or is it still absolute poo poo?
The google form is the right way to get in, so you're good.

As for armor, it depends on when you last played. If it was around November or prior, then yes, a whole ton has changed and you should go look at this wiki page. It's confusing as poo poo at first, but overall it is in fact much better.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Ice Fist posted:

I find it pretty funny that DE somehow didn't think that all the rails would be set to 0%.

This is a company that apparently doesn't employ a single person who knows what a half-life is, so I don't know what I wouldn't expect from them...

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Armor is pretty awesome if you are Valkyr. Nobody else can match her armour though, but it is still handy on frames with 150 base armor.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

Solar rail sabotage missions have NPC versions of random members of the defending clan as enemies. They're chumps. :v:

Except for Trinity which can link and insta-gib people.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Helter Skelter posted:

Awesome. I wonder if powers are fully leveled or unranked? Having to deal with an actual defense squad around the artifact would be pretty neat.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I recently made the Grakata too. I play actual FPSes like BF4 though so the recoil might as well not exist for me. :shobon: I've had bad luck with mods so far (first serration ever like a day ago) and the only thing I don't like about it is how little damage it does before being decked out. The killpower of these free Dex Furis kinda make it feel really piddly, and I'm not sure what mods I need to change that.

I take it the Soma feels pretty much the same but way better, with a momentary ROF spin-up?

Grakata is the poor man's Soma. Modded correctly, crit damage and crit chance mods, it is one of the best machine guns you can get your hands on before mastery rank 6).

Soma has almost no recoil, the muzzle does not rise at all. You can use Soma as a semi or full auto equally effectively.

Soma also comes with better damage, better crit chance, better crit damage, better status chance, and 2-3? polarity slots (one - and 1 or 2 v).

TheRationalRedditor posted:

That sounds believable. Figures that I've seen neither drop yet. :haw:

This game really is needlessly complicated, isn't it?

Ask in goon chat for vital sense (crit dmg), shred (fire rate and punch through), barrel diffusion (bullet no increase), serration (damage increase), hammer shot (crit dmg and status chance), point strike (crit chance) and critical delay (increase crit chance, decreases fire rate), maybe even stabilizer if you hate that recoil.

These are the go to mods for Grataka.

Many nice goons have extras, and will give them/trade them to you. I got mine this way.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 14, 2014

Praxis19
Nov 4, 2009

No justice no peace ACAB
So I'm currently loading the game up for the first time since July. I put a lot of time into it way back then, but I'm pretty pumped to come back after all these )hopefully) improvements. I know I have at least one fresh frame (Volt) to dick around with and a few weapons at least, but what should be my priorities for getting up to speed if I already have a good working base of mods/weapons/frames? I only ever ran a handful of T3 void missions, and from what I can tell there are all sorts of fancy new mods I should go about getting, since when I played multishot and damage were king. If Volt (still) isn't a good frame, any suggestions on a new or reworked frame I should work for right off the bat? Or any sick weapons? Here's hoping I didn't get kicked from the goon clan (it's been nine months I probably should have).

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

I think I might be literally the only heretic in here who thinks zorencoptering looks really dumb and can't bring myself to do it.

Don't hurt me guys, I'm not a bad guy I promise.

Make it fun with Loki's switch teleport while they are coptering or after they made they jump. Valkyr's rip line also works.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

NPCs are neat, but boring. They just parry a ton, but in the case of Trinity they can one shot you with Link. :v:

quote:

for those who dont realize it, battle pay is low on the conflict missions because it is being paid by the clans who built the rails

this is why taxes need to be set higher, now that you understand that, dont complain about getting 35% more XP and 30% more resources and 30% more credits on Ceres semnai while the alliance who holds it has a 15% tax rate on credits, they have to do it otherwise they go broke

gently caress pubbies forever.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

You're pretty wrong. I mean I guess if you hate multi-hit AOE attacks and also hate fun then I guess yeah, just keep banging your head into the E button. I mean, it's not some super sophisticated fighting system, but they are also not worthless. Swirling tiger in particular is pretty amazing for mulching large groups.

Edit: I will say that the thing I was most pumped about, the scythe kick, is loving impossible to land and yeah, is therefore worthless/a waste of time and therefore ymmv from combo to combo.

I did not care much about combos either. Then, after getting owned by the G3 with a vauban in my team no less, I switched to Loki. Radial disarm and Zoren all day erry day.

What used to be difficult to solo mobile defense runs are a walk in the park now. With AOE stances brought by u13, pixel genocide bears new meanings.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Thranguy posted:

This is a company that apparently doesn't employ a single person who knows what a half-life is, so I don't know what I wouldn't expect from them...

Argon Crystals actually do have a half-life of one day, BTW.

I had 12 yesterday, now I have 6.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
I've been getting CTDs and random freezes on Warframe ever since I started playing. Is this normal? Already tried verifying game files.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

MJ12 posted:

Argon Crystals actually do have a half-life of one day, BTW.

I had 12 yesterday, now I have 6.

Really? From the beginning, or did they recently fix them to work that way? (Because I got the impression that they originally just all vanished at the end of the day. And that they were doing even stranger things, like doubling instead of decaying, during some of the hotfix intervals.)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

People who win the conflict are gonna want to set taxes to more than 0%. They will then get attacked by 0% tax clans who don't understand how much it's gonna take to properly finance the war.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Thranguy posted:

Really? From the beginning, or did they recently fix them to work that way? (Because I got the impression that they originally just all vanished at the end of the day. And that they were doing even stranger things, like doubling instead of decaying, during some of the hotfix intervals.)

It may or may not have been bugged before, but it worked for me as intended.

It's still an awful idea, but an actual half-life instead of *poof* after 24 hours is much better.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Got disconnected and the launcher game servers seem to be down atm, is this a maintenance day or anything?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Grondoth posted:

People who win the conflict are gonna want to set taxes to more than 0%. They will then get attacked by 0% tax clans who don't understand how much it's gonna take to properly finance the war.

Most of the 0% tax clans had more than 0% tax for their members using the rails, usually closer to 15-20%.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Game just shat itself.

I wonder if DE will take the ultimate measure and allow rare resources/plat to be offered to those who win a conflict.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Man, I crafted the furax punch hands and they really suck, which disappoints me because they look really cool.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Azran posted:

Game just shat itself.

I wonder if DE will take the ultimate measure and allow rare resources/plat to be offered to those who win a conflict.

Argon crystal drops and a rare Catalyst or Reactor BP would work wonders.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

Man, I crafted the furax punch hands and they really suck, which disappoints me because they look really cool.

Before Melee2.0, they had one of the better charge attacks. They are still good, they just require energy now. The stances might help (I don't have a Furax anymore, or I could give you a trip report with the stances).

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

Before Melee2.0, they had one of the better charge attacks. They are still good, they just require energy now. The stances might help (I don't have a Furax anymore, or I could give you a trip report with the stances).

I have the fracturing wind stance, but I dont really like channeling too much. I play as volt and I feel like my energy is better used frying crowds of dudes instead of punching one for 10 seconds.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I've found that with properly setup weapons I'm using barely any energy while channeling. Channeling is pretty drat strong.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
With charge attacks requiring energy, has DE done anything about the actual supply of energy? Is there ever a reason to spend energy on a charge attack instead of on Warframe abilities (especially room killers and Rhino/Trinity's defenses)?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Insert name here posted:

There's something hilarious about clans contesting 0% tax rails simply so they can put their 0% tax rail there instead.

I don't understand why anyone is putting 0% on their rails though? If every rail no matter what is going to get contested, it's not like having 0% will somehow keep you around for longer. So it just means they paid a bunch of stuff for the rail for nothing. Might as well get some profit from the rail in the few hours it'll be around.

Seriously every time I check deathsnacks there's every single rail under the exact same status. It's just going to be a cycle of DEPLOYING/ATTACK DEPLOYING/UNDER ATTACK forever.

Helter Skelter posted:

Oh god. This is the best I can pretend I'm killing redditors :reddit:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Schubalts posted:

With charge attacks requiring energy, has DE done anything about the actual supply of energy? Is there ever a reason to spend energy on a charge attack instead of on Warframe abilities (especially room killers and Rhino/Trinity's defenses)?

I was using volt almost exclusively yesterday and I never once ran into a situation where I felt that constantly channeling was preventing me from using his ultimate.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

I have the fracturing wind stance, but I dont really like channeling too much. I play as volt and I feel like my energy is better used frying crowds of dudes instead of punching one for 10 seconds.
I have Seismic Palm (The Rare stance) and... it's ok. It's quite slow for punching poo poo. I've also been playing with my Volt so I feel the same way. I can slowly punch dudes or I can fry and stun-lock them.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Ice Fist posted:

I was using volt almost exclusively yesterday and I never once ran into a situation where I felt that constantly channeling was preventing me from using his ultimate.

With an efficiency build I can channel constantly with my Zephyr. Energy Siphon but no Flow.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Schubalts posted:

There are several mods which lower your channeling costs (efficiency). There is a mod which drains energy and another which drains health from your targets.

Furthermore, considering the damage to energy cost ratio, charged attack combos are pretty cheap overall, and deliver more damage than equivalent cost in ability use or ammo. Plus, energy orbs are common drops.

With stances equipped, channeling is overkill, unless it is some lvl 50-60 bullet sponge machine gunner or ancient, and there is little need to ever use it. I have yet to feel the need to use channeling on even the largest mobs under lvl 30.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I love cats posted:

I have yet to feel the need to use channeling on even the largest mobs under lvl 30.

I always feel the need to see enemies I kill vaporize. I don't like leaving behind messes. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I don't understand why anyone is putting 0% on their rails though? If every rail no matter what is going to get contested, it's not like having 0% will somehow keep you around for longer. So it just means they paid a bunch of stuff for the rail for nothing. Might as well get some profit from the rail in the few hours it'll be around.

Seriously every time I check deathsnacks there's every single rail under the exact same status. It's just going to be a cycle of DEPLOYING/ATTACK DEPLOYING/UNDER ATTACK forever.

Oh god. This is the best I can pretend I'm killing redditors :reddit:

What if the rails were up for longer between attacks and clans had to queue up and bid on being the next attackers?