Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nice. I stupidly sold my run of singles when the Omnibus line was underway, got a nice amount for it too but I still miss those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Nice. I stupidly sold my run of singles when the Omnibus line was underway, got a nice amount for it too but I still miss those.

I had bought the first two Omnibus volumes when I discovered comic binding, realized it would be a lot cheaper to just bind my complete run into four volumes rather than buying the rest as they came out, and sold the two I had to cover all those expenses with quite a bit left over.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Seeing Captain America: TWS yesterday only served to remind me that I'm going to have to wait a few more months for a ML Black Widow figure if I don't want to pay scalper prices. :sigh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Seeing Captain America: TWS yesterday only served to remind me that I'm going to have to wait a few more months for a ML Black Widow figure if I don't want to pay scalper prices. :sigh:

It's down to $60ish at least. That's good right?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
All of the Toys R Us by me are having a huge clearance blowout, so I would imagine all of them are. I picked up the last Prometheus 2 pack for about $11, the Engineer and Suited Engineer for $9, and Rambo for $9. Also some employee accidently put a prometheus 2-pack sticker on the Dutch Vs. Pred 2-pack, so I got that for $11 too.

Now just to get the Hudson vs Warrior Alien 2-pack...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

I saw it yesterday too! Are they doing a Falcon?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I saw it yesterday too! Are they doing a Falcon?

Not currently. Unless he gets debuted at SDCC, but then again they've cancelled countless wave 3 figures for the movie lines so far, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

My NECA 'Aliens' Blue Warrior took a tumble off the shelf in the middle of the night and the head snapped clean off. Like the joint is destroyed, the only way to fix it is to permanently glue the head on or something. Goddamnit.

I guess I'll poke around my two local TRUs and see if they have a replacement. I'd exploit Amazon's generous return policy, but it looks like the only ones on the site are being sold by third-party sellers, even if they're "fulfilled by Amazon" (whatever that means).

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Jace Madan posted:

Now just to get the Hudson vs Warrior Alien 2-pack...

Isn't that thing way overdue?

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009
Can anyone tell me where I can find a decently priced Deadpool action figure? I can only find one that's really an action figure with the regular black and red costume, and it's either sold out everywhere or the price is inflated. I'm just trying to find my nephew a Deadpool for his birthday dammit!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Isn't that thing way overdue?

It's out now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

spixxor posted:

Can anyone tell me where I can find a decently priced Deadpool action figure? I can only find one that's really an action figure with the regular black and red costume, and it's either sold out everywhere or the price is inflated. I'm just trying to find my nephew a Deadpool for his birthday dammit!

Good luck. Because of his popularity his figures always sell out and rocket up in price.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

spixxor posted:

Yeah this is not going to be easy, he's this generations Wolverine

Here's the Marvel Select at Amazon for only double retail, but if you have Prime it ships free so thats nice.
http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Select-Toys-Marvel-Deadpool/dp/B003B96AOW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1397514258&sr=8-10&keywords=Deadpool

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

It's out now.

Soooo anyone (XENOMRPH!?!) want to split one with me? I gotta have that Hudson.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

spixxor posted:

I've got the marvel select Deadpool. I picked it up a couple years ago and I've soured on him since. He's still in the package, which is in pretty good condition. You cover shipping?

Edit: I dunno if it's action figure-y enough though.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 15, 2014

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Here's a quick update on that paint job, kind of long overdue at this point but it showed up right around crunch time in this other gig I'm working on, and I'm trying to do it bit by bit when I catch a break.

It looks weird and shiny in this picture because of the camera flash, but it shows more of the texture that way. The skin tone is pretty close to done and a lot of the details have been filled in. The hair is pretty much just a base coat at this point and I plan to do some dry-brushing for texture, as well as some details on the eyebrows and then finally the eyes. They are creepy black demon eyes right now because I tend to paint in the eyelashes when I'm starting on the hair, then I use very thin flat white paint to fill in the eyeballs and make sure the shapes are symmetrical, then I go over them in gloss white before I add the irises.

Won't be too much longer I swear.

Xenomrph posted:

My NECA 'Aliens' Blue Warrior took a tumble off the shelf in the middle of the night and the head snapped clean off. Like the joint is destroyed, the only way to fix it is to permanently glue the head on or something. Goddamnit.

I'd be curious to see that broken joint, I feel like most things can be fixed with a little ingenuity.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Soooo anyone (XENOMRPH!?!) want to split one with me? I gotta have that Hudson.

I just want the exploded head Alien, so if you wanna split a pack, I'm down too.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Rage posted:

I just want the exploded head Alien, so if you wanna split a pack, I'm down too.

I think Xeno and I talked about it a while back so I don't want to step on his toes but if he's not interested I'm your guy.

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009

Blackchamber posted:

I've got the marvel select Deadpool. I picked it up a couple years ago and I've soured on him since. He's still in the package, which is in pretty good condition. You cover shipping?

Edit: I dunno if it's action figure-y enough though.

The marvel select one is the one I've been looking for actually. That's the one with the wall base correct? If you're willing to part with him that would be great! I don't have PMs but shoot me an e-mail?

retic14 at gmail dot com

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I think Xeno and I talked about it a while back so I don't want to step on his toes but if he's not interested I'm your guy.
It's all yours, I'm not in a huge rush to get the Alien from the Hudson pack.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Here's a quick update on that paint job, kind of long overdue at this point but it showed up right around crunch time in this other gig I'm working on, and I'm trying to do it bit by bit when I catch a break.

It looks weird and shiny in this picture because of the camera flash, but it shows more of the texture that way. The skin tone is pretty close to done and a lot of the details have been filled in. The hair is pretty much just a base coat at this point and I plan to do some dry-brushing for texture, as well as some details on the eyebrows and then finally the eyes. They are creepy black demon eyes right now because I tend to paint in the eyelashes when I'm starting on the hair, then I use very thin flat white paint to fill in the eyeballs and make sure the shapes are symmetrical, then I go over them in gloss white before I add the irises.

Won't be too much longer I swear.

I'd be curious to see that broken joint, I feel like most things can be fixed with a little ingenuity.

As a fan of Supernatural, this excites me to an odd degree.

Still, again, take your time on getting it done. Art takes time, and I'm not in a massive hurry anyway.

Looking cool so far :)

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

How is the New 52 DC line? I saw a review of Superwoman and it looks pretty good. I have been a heavy Marvel Legends fan for years and never thought the DC stuff was up to the level of even the worst Marvel Legends. This is mostly because I can't stand the "t-crotch" articulation. However the Superwoman looks almost like it is Marvel
Legends quality. What do you guys think?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MooselanderII posted:

How is the New 52 DC line? I saw a review of Superwoman and it looks pretty good. I have been a heavy Marvel Legends fan for years and never thought the DC stuff was up to the level of even the worst Marvel Legends. This is mostly because I can't stand the "t-crotch" articulation. However the Superwoman looks almost like it is Marvel

The new Super Villains were all sculpted by Gentle Giant. That's why they look so much better.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The new Super Villains were all sculpted by Gentle Giant. That's why they look so much better.

Which ones were sculpted by Gentle Giant?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MooselanderII posted:

Which ones were sculpted by Gentle Giant?

All of the Crime Syndicate and Bizarro.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Rage posted:

Alright with Xeno's blessing let's do this. You live on the side of the state with un-ruined stores, but I will keep my eyes peeled too. And we can always mail-order as needed...

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Alright with Xeno's blessing let's do this. You live on the side of the state with un-ruined stores, but I will keep my eyes peeled too. And we can always mail-order as needed...

I think my TRU has a few left, so I'll check this week, I'm moving to the west side in June so if you don't mind waiting I can deliver it then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Winter Soldier has dipped to retail price levels, Black Widow is sub $50 now. Looks like the new stock is having an impact.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Winter Soldier has dipped to retail price levels, Black Widow is sub $50 now. Looks like the new stock is having an impact.

What new stock? I thought the revised cases wont hit until June.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MooselanderII posted:

What new stock? I thought the revised cases wont hit until June.

My buddy just bought Stealth Suit Cap off the shelf in Plymouth Indiana. He's in the same case.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Has anyone used conventionexclusive.com before? My wife wants something off there but neither of us have used it. It seems ok but looking for goon anecdotes.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I bought stealth suit cap like three or four weeks ago. Is he hard to find?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I bought stealth suit cap like three or four weeks ago. Is he hard to find?

I thought he wasn't out til the new case, I was told he was replacing NOW Cap. Well guess my buddy was wrong!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Stealth Suit is three per case in the Widow Case.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I thought he wasn't out til the new case, I was told he was replacing NOW Cap. Well guess my buddy was wrong!

Stealth Suit did replace NOW! Cap in the second wave. Theres another revision case coming in June with 2x Black Widow.

RevKrule posted:

Has anyone used conventionexclusive.com before? My wife wants something off there but neither of us have used it. It seems ok but looking for goon anecdotes.

Everything I've clicked on has been over priced and out of stock, but based on the prices alone I'd never buy anything from them.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

MooselanderII posted:

I picked up Ultraman and Power Ring last week, and they are great figures. I had a discussion about them with the seller because we were both suprised at the amount of articulation put into them compared to DC collectibles' previous releases. I think tomorrow I'm gonna go back and pick up Owlman and Deadshot.

Also, he has swivel/hinge hips, but the Arkham Origins Deathstroke is an amazingly sculpted and detailed figure. Especially the armor paint apps.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys revealed their new Spider-Man today and man, it is brilliant. I skipped the one from the first movie as I didn't like the gold eyes but since the new costume is perfect the toy is perfect, plus check this:

Amazing.

Literally. :3:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Wow, that is gorgeous.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Wow, this is it. This is the first Hot Toys I buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ugh I hate myself that I kinda want that Mandroid BAF.