Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gastrophobia is a good comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I'm glad we have Friday Bobbins. After the break I realized how much more interesting the adults were compared to the kids

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
See I never really started reading until Bad Machinery, so I have no real point of reference I guess?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Just Offscreen posted:

See I never really started reading until Bad Machinery, so I have no real point of reference I guess?

I didn't start reading until he was a few storylines in on the mystery solving kids as well. I just read the Bobbins stuff he did over his recent break and found it more interesting

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RickoniX posted:

Page three is up, even odds Poppy prevents whatever nefarious plan this goat man has?

I question the wisdom of trying to pull one over on a guy who a) is your boss, and b) can literally teleport.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Gastrophobia is an excellent comic.

RickoniX posted:

Page three is up, even odds Poppy prevents whatever nefarious plan this goat man has?

Who's to say that she isn't the target of said nefarious plan? I say even odds on the missing items being planted on her person, or on Lilly's, given how opossums are hated so much.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Zebra Girl can't stop reusing the same joke.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Oxxidation posted:

I question the wisdom of trying to pull one over on a guy who a) is your boss, and b) can literally teleport.

Well yeah but this guy probably can too. The only thing really unusual about Friedrich is that he's an opossum who can do that.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SlothfulCobra posted:

Zebra Girl can't stop reusing the same joke.

Hat trick :colbert:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The creator of "hero" has promised to finish it. I know that not many people here read it or liked it but it was the best news I've gotten in a long time :shobon:.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

Pick posted:

The creator of "hero" has promised to finish it. I know that not many people here read it or liked it but it was the best news I've gotten in a long time :shobon:.

If nothing else, thanks for reminding me this exists. I'm going to reread this because it's been a very long time since I've seen it last, and it was different from the webcomics I was reading then. I remember liking it because it was part comic and part storybook, and the art reminded me of Yoshitaka Amano's Final Fantasy concept art, with the wispy lines.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The current Dr. McNinja storyline is making me wonder why Judy became McNinja's friend at all. All he's done so far is be a jerk and disrespect her society. Still, Judy is the best character so getting a full story arc about her owns bones.

Hero was that comic where the dialog was in the text you get when you hover over a page wasn't it? I thought that was an interesting idea. The creator was not a native speaker of English, right? I remember the writing being a little stiff sometimes.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 13, 2014

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
^^ Yes. Here's a link. http://invisiblecities.comicgenesis.com/story.html

Pick posted:

Oh, I'm happy to hear that. It's a really pleasant and fairly unique comic, and I enjoy it a lot. I'll also need to reread it, though, as I only remember vague snippets of it - something about a castle in the sky and a motorcycle that's also a duck stand out.

E. Also, I really liked the Thunderpaw comic that was posted a couple pages ago. I hope it continues to update.

UnbearablyBlight fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 13, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Esme posted:

E. Also, I really liked the Thunderpaw comic that was posted a couple pages ago. I hope it continues to update.

The comic definitely got the personalities of small neurotic dogs down.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Looks like Andrew Hussie's new project is happening, then. Homestuck... canon fan comics, I guess! That's going to be interesting.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

floofyscorp posted:

Looks like Andrew Hussie's new project is happening, then. Homestuck... canon fan comics, I guess! That's going to be interesting.
You neglected to mention that the first fancomic is by Zack "Paranatural" Morrison.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Hussie realized that his gigantic fanbase will start to evaporate with no content produced for several months.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Angry Walrus posted:

Hussie realized that his gigantic fanbase will start to evaporate with no content produced for several months.

Not everyone can rock the 'Diaz'

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Hussie has too much self-awareness to do it.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Finally getting around to House of Orr, boy you guys sure undersold that thing! It starts off weird and floaty and... kind of stays that way? That feels like part of what makes it so good though, there's no pressure, just a bunch of weirdos doing stuff. giantdate is adorable also

floofyscorp posted:

Oh look it's the place where Alterniabound should have happened.

But seriously, this could be pretty nice.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 13, 2014

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

Finally getting around to House of Orr, boy you guys sure undersold that thing! It starts off weird and floaty and... kind of stays that way? That feels like part of what makes it so good though, there's no pressure, just a bunch of weirdos doing stuff. giantdate is adorable also

I dunno. Like I said, it seems be in the process of unrolling a great big Serious Plot.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

floofyscorp posted:

This fanbase ain't gonna monetize itself.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That's pretty amazingly cynical.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

flatluigi posted:

That's pretty amazingly cynical.

The counterpoint of course being that the Homestuck fandom as a whole more or less deserves to be fleeced to the bone at this point, since they're so ungodly obnoxious that they've forced Hussie to move on at least one occasion.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
At least you're consistently cynical I guess?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

mr. stefan posted:

The counterpoint of course being that the Homestuck fandom as a whole more or less deserves to be fleeced to the bone at this point, since they're so ungodly obnoxious that they've forced Hussie to move on at least one occasion.

Did they really, wow. That's beyond not okay.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

mr. stefan posted:

What's the story here? That sounds pretty awful.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kojiro posted:

What's the story here? That sounds pretty awful.

It's also apocryphal (Hussie himself denied it and it seemed to be just bad timing, though that's not terribly convincing evidence either).

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

mr. stefan posted:

they've forced Hussie to move on at least one occasion.

That really wouldn't surprise me, at all.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Homestuck fandom's biggest crime is ensuring we will never get another masterpiece on the level of Humanimals.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Homestuck fandom's biggest crime is ensuring we will never get another masterpiece on the level of Humanimals.

Pretty sure this is the actual reason anyone accuses Hussie of "selling out" by continuing to make Homestuck junk

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

If anyone missed the Kickstarter (like I managed to), the A Redtail's Dream book is available for preorder now. $90 base price if you're outside of Finland, which I think is the same as it was on the Kickstarter. Considering it's 608 full-color pages and rather large, the price isn't too bad.

I usually go for getting books signed and/or sketched, but the price premium here is a bit much. And I don't see Minna showing up at ECCC any time soon. :sigh:

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
^^^^^^^^^

I came into the thread to post that! That $90 price does include shipping and handling so it's not as horrifyingly steep as it could be, though it's still pretty expensive. Preorder's only open for about two weeks though so if anybody's considering buying it's probably better not to wait.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think it's one of my favorite comic purchases. The entire thing is just really well-produced, like the Ava's Demon book. I can imagine owning it a very long time.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
yAAaagh, some of my relatives are sharing Zenpencils on Facebook, and his imagery is just as crazy as ever. http://zenpencils.com/comic/124-taylor-mali-what-teachers-make/

:negative:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This guy should get a job designing smug faces on Dreamworks movie posters.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Man, for someone who's supposed to be zen with his pencils, that guy sure is angry about artists and teachers.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Oh man, that one's been making the rounds for a while. I thought it was especially clever how he chose a quote that was already pretentious, self-aggrandizing bullshit so he didn't have to strain his creativity coming up with patronizing literalist imagery.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
It's pretty much par for the course. A smug prick flipping his poo poo and ranting like a child is the pretty much the only way to contextualize a quote like that, outside of a slam poetry convention. Please pretend I used two different examples in that last sentence.

The more I think about having to draw a comic around a quote, the less feasible the idea sounds. I don't think there's a right way to do Zen Pencils at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The latest K6BD update isn't really a comic but it is interesting. If you start reading it I recommend reading it to the end. You'll probably see what I mean.

I remember years ago I found a comic and read it up to where it was and then forgot about it for several reasons. I can't remember the name, but it was about british mice and magic I think?

• Locked thread