Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!
Did the PC version get the fancy new lighting yet?

*edit*

I am having PC issues and can not get TPA running at the moment hence why I ask.

insidius fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Nope.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

Cheers. I totally thought that was a "just around the corner" thing.

Given the nature of PC's I am a tiny bit shocked that TPA does not look a teeny bit better than it does. Not that I am complaining, I still enjoy it. I really want to try out the WhoDunnit table.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
I didn't see anyone post this yet, but Multimorphic is showing off more of their system: http://funwithbonus.com/lexy-lightspeed-galaxy-girl-p3-multimorphic/

It doesn't look very fun with everything just shoved to the end of the table, and according to their Texas Pinball Festival presentation, it's going to be ten loving grand.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

gypsyshred posted:

Its a bad translation. The art is accurate, but looks awful on a TV. Likewise, the sound is supposed to be a muted chirping, but over headphones/speakers with no other ambient noise, the random gabber gets super abrasive. As for the table itself, the game is simple and not bad, but won't blow your mind if you don't already love that era of pinball.

As much as I like EM games and even some simple early solid states like Black Hole, I have to agree here. The art and sound on the table is kind of a mess. I think they would have been better off porting the original EM.

Also on PC and fancy lighting. DX11 isn't here yet but they've done something funky with high speed that actually makes the table darkening and lights work even with the current lighting system. I hope they can get similar stuff going on all tables when the DX11 patch hits because it looks really really good.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

The key to enjoying the table 'Eldorado' is to play 'Eldorado' By Drum Theater in the background.

'Haunted house' however... who ever thought that constantly restarting the music clip was a good idea?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
El Dorado is just so ugly I can hardly stand it. Everything - the backglass art, the playfield art, the color selection, the awful sound effects that play when you hit things - it's all just ugly and low rent. The table itself isn't that bad, but I really wish they had used one of the other designs. I have to admit though, the table is so loving ugly that it's starting to grow on me in some weird way. I just wish launching the ball didn't have a 70% chance of bouncing directly into an outlane on iOS.

I disliked a lot of the Gottlieb tables when I first picked up Season 2, but playing them off and on has warmed me up to them. More often than not the games themselves are solid, it's just that the Gottlieb visual aesthetic often feels low rent and hard to look at. Gottlieb feels like the bagged cereal of pinball tables. The only one I can't stand to play at all is Class of 1812 and I don't blame Gottlieb for that. The Farsight conversion is just bad and has low-resolution textures that look like poo poo from certain angles. I'll give the table a try if they ever fix it.

Season 01 was very good and Season 03 has been great thus far. I don't regret getting Season 02 since it exposed me to a lot of tables I'd never tried, but it's the weakest season by far.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
I like Premier games. The rules are almost entirely half baked, the art is often ugly as sin, but they all play very differently from most other machines.

One of the highlights of MGC for me was getting to play some of the weirdo Premier games that people brought out. I particularly liked the strange layout of Gold Wings. If Trudeau made that the layout of Mustang, people would say he was revolutionary.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wait, is that an F-15 on the backglass of Gold Wings? Which is a NotTopGun table and otherwise decorated with F-14 silhouettes? :psyduck:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I actually like Class of 1812 because it's so ugly. It's like the low-rent art style of the Premier tables works to its advantage and makes it more appealing. What I don't like about it is the gameplay and the embarrassing attempts at pseudo-rap-based humor.

"My name is ______
and I ______ ______ ______!
When I _____ _____ ______
my ______ goes _______!"

Also holy poo poo this table: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=347&picno=47629

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 14, 2014

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wait, is that an F-15 on the backglass of Gold Wings? Which is a NotTopGun table and otherwise decorated with F-14 silhouettes? :psyduck:
AFAIK, Gold Wings was designed as Top Gun, but at the last moment Paramount pulled out of the deal and Gottlieb stood there with a finished Top Gun game they couldn't sell, so they just slapped some hastily designed new artwork on and renamed it Gold Wings.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

JJP has put up some videos of the Hobbit being played on a whitewood. I dig the layout and the trolls are nice. Not sure what the upper flippers do at the moment though. They may have their issues getting tables out, but there is no doubt that they put a lot into them. So many little details went into WOZ and this looks to be on the same track. I love the battleaxe in the bottom right. Looking forward to playing this someday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuwgGwah3c4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfCS46cM3_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUTTUBAwBBU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Collateral Damage posted:

AFAIK, Gold Wings was designed as Top Gun, but at the last moment Paramount pulled out of the deal and Gottlieb stood there with a finished Top Gun game they couldn't sell, so they just slapped some hastily designed new artwork on and renamed it Gold Wings.

I kind of figured, but what the heck, its an F-15 on an otherwise F-14 themed table, this bugs me more than it should! Its already a blatant TopGun "knockoff" just put an F-14 on! :argh:

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You should check out Secret Service some time, which features the US Capitol building, has a James Bond silhouette on the side, and plays the Mission Impossible theme music.

I did not enjoy Gold Wings at MGC. But that Bride of Pinbot next to it with the subwoofer facing your crotch was pretty amazing. I felt like I spent the day at a loud concert after playing that thing.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Ignore me if the thread has already been there, but what do people think of WOZ? I got to play it some but I suck so I couldn't afford to play it enough to get a feel for it.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

I've played it three times, but I'm in the same boat.
The only machine in town is at our pinball arcade "Pinballz" and they want $1.50 per game, no buy-in bonus. It's kind of ridiculous.

But from the limited experience I've had with it, think WOZ is great. They're doing what Stern SHOULD be doing with their franchise tables and I'm really excited to see more from Jersey Jack.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
My local arcade has a Wizard of Oz that I didn't play last time I went, for some reason. It's beautiful, though.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

slap me silly posted:

Ignore me if the thread has already been there, but what do people think of WOZ? I got to play it some but I suck so I couldn't afford to play it enough to get a feel for it.

It's the best looking pinball machine I've ever played. It's packed with goodies, it's innovative, and the attention to detail is something that we don't typically see from pinball machines today. Gameplay wise it's slower (although I like that in some games) and I still don't understand enough of the rules to really do much damage. I think it's one of those games you really need to spend some time with to fully enjoy (kind of like Twilight Zone).

But I think the biggest problem is what you mentioned. It's too expensive to play yet it has to be expensive to play because of how much money went into the machine. I just don't know how successful an $8000 pinball machine on location will be. It will do well in the home collector market I'm sure, but if they want people to play a lot on location, I think they need to come out with a "Pro" model like Stern does so that it ends up in Barcades for free or on location at a lower price.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tato posted:

I disliked a lot of the Gottlieb tables when I first picked up Season 2, but playing them off and on has warmed me up to them. More often than not the games themselves are solid, it's just that the Gottlieb visual aesthetic often feels low rent and hard to look at. Gottlieb feels like the bagged cereal of pinball tables. The only one I can't stand to play at all is Class of 1812 and I don't blame Gottlieb for that. The Farsight conversion is just bad and has low-resolution textures that look like poo poo from certain angles. I'll give the table a try if they ever fix it.

King Vidiot posted:

I actually like Class of 1812 because it's so ugly. It's like the low-rent art style of the Premier tables works to its advantage and makes it more appealing. What I don't like about it is the gameplay and the embarrassing attempts at pseudo-rap-based humor.

"My name is ______
and I ______ ______ ______!
When I _____ _____ ______
my ______ goes _______!"

I enjoyed these posts so much that I went and played Class of 1812 for a while, just to look at it. :D

(I didn't do very well. But then I played some Star Trek and completed two wizard goals. :neckbeard:)

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Tato posted:

Gottlieb feels like the bagged cereal of pinball tables.

Amen. As I've posted though - I liked a lot of them a lot better than I thought I would. (Just like mom said when she would try to save a few bucks, come to think of it.)

Actually picked up Season 3 as well just now cause why the Hell not? High Speed and Fish Tales are as fun as I remember since playing them last. Never seen a WHO Dunnit or Black Rose in the wild, but I can tell I'll like both. Black Knight 2000 though. Holy Crap. I have no idea why the music makes it so fun, but it does. The table itself seems pretty similar to Black Knight, but throw in some faux version of Queen's "Flash Gordon" and I was grinning the whole time I played.

Also going to just echo others regarding WOZ. Fun, and looks great, but at $1 a game at the two places I've played it - I doubt I'll ever really know what I'm doing on it.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I was tempted to buy WOZ but when I can get PinBot for 2 grand and can't justify 2 grand on pinball anyway it's basically never going to happen...

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
Doesn't JJP blow a stupid amount of money on their LCDs when a $100 one would do the job? I thought that was where a good chunk of that eight grand went.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, I could believe it legitimately costs that much to make a kickass pin these days.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

In the volumes they are probably making and factoring in development costs 5-10 grand depending on features and licensing doesn't seem unreasonable.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

(I can't quit talking about the Arcade Expo but) When I was at the Louisville Expo I passed by the Wizard of Oz machine no less than a dozen times, and yet I never bothered to try it out despite the fact that the queue was never nearly as long as Medieval Madness. I wanted to but I'd keep forgetting to queue up for it on my way to and from the concessions for more beer.

Oh well, there's always next year :v:

Of course by that time they'll probably have the Big Lebowski pinball machine out, and it'll definitely be there at the home of Lebowski Fest.

slap me silly posted:

I dunno, I could believe it legitimately costs that much to make a kickass pin these days.

I just want to know what's wrong with pinball machines that don't have LCDs, but have really fun gimmicks or toys or awesome multiball modes. Like, Monster Bash is an awesome machine, and while it's over a decade old by now (nearing two) it still holds up today. Does pinball have to have video screens on the playfield or as the score counter? I'd like to see new machines in the vein of Medieval Madness where you have mechanical playfield toys and tons of modes and crazy multiballs, and hand-painted artwork instead of photo sourced cut-and-paste artwork, LCD screens and big, open empty spaces on the playfields.

I don't know, maybe it's just me and my love of moving gizmos and gimmicks. A lot of the newer pins just seem too sterile and plain, with not a whole lot of character. The Metallica table was one of the few newer ones I've seen that feels like an older table.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

I just want to know what's wrong with pinball machines that don't have LCDs
Nothing! I think my two favorites are PinBot and Addams Family... I actually don't like it when you have to spend too much time waiting for poo poo to play out the DMD or LCD.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

That wasn't necessarily directed at you, I was just wondering out loud why it seems some of the modern pinball makers feel the need to replace physical elements with video screens, like WOZ and that new "Multimorphic" machine.

The Multimorphic machine reminds me of those custom-made cabinets for Visual Pinball which consist of a video screen as the whole "playfield" and you're basically just playing a video game in the shape of a pinball cabinet. I mean, Multimorphic does have physical balls but I have to wonder why they even bothered if most of the table is a flat screen.

breaks
May 12, 2001

I don't know that you can really call the DMD a physical element? The LCD on WOZ is nice. Even Stern is switching to LCDs before too much longer, supposedly.

I don't get the Multimorphic thing either, but it's nothing like WOZ, which is a fine table, though yet another example of the code not being done before release, at least it's pretty close now.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Jpop had a mock-up of a Kiss machine at MGC that he's trying to make with an LCD integrated under the glass, in the rear of the cabinet much like Circus Voltaire. I like that since it lets you keep your eye on the playfield, and a laptop-sized screen is going to cost less than a DMD display anyways.

Otherwise, yeah, I really don't care all that much about WOZ and its LCD screen. It wasn't much of an earner near me and was moved out of my favorite location.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

King Vidiot posted:

That wasn't necessarily directed at you, I was just wondering out loud why it seems some of the modern pinball makers feel the need to replace physical elements with video screens, like WOZ and that new "Multimorphic" machine.

The Multimorphic machine reminds me of those custom-made cabinets for Visual Pinball which consist of a video screen as the whole "playfield" and you're basically just playing a video game in the shape of a pinball cabinet. I mean, Multimorphic does have physical balls but I have to wonder why they even bothered if most of the table is a flat screen.

If the game was well written then the screen could really add new elements to pinball. There are tables out there that have quite a bit of open space in the middle (i.e., Attack From Mars) but yet flow fast enough that you don't really notice.

As for LCDs replacing the DMD, once again it depends on how it's used. For WOZ I thought it offered too much information, especially when most of the time you're looking at the playfield. A balance needs to be struck by what players can reasonably comprehend when they do glance up at the screen while playing.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

King Vidiot posted:

They're trying to modernize pinball. It's not that different of a concept than Pinball 2000. When you're the underdog you have to try something unconventional.

And it actually looks better than the last video I saw. The graphics look less like a dumb flash game this time.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I like DMDs the way they are. :shrug:

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Captain Cool posted:

They're trying to modernize pinball. It's not that different of a concept than Pinball 2000. When you're the underdog you have to try something unconventional.

And it actually looks better than the last video I saw. The graphics look less like a dumb flash game this time.

When I played the prototype at SXSW a couple of years ago one of the concerns I had was about the ramps staying the same from game to game. But since they've now designed the upper platfield to be modular it could be a lot more interesting.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

I honestly just think it's older guys who are trying to reach a younger audience but don't realize they are out of touch with that audience. They think adding an LCD screen or putting in a video mode will suddenly revitalize the industry. But the truth is a teenager isn't going to be blown away by the fact that a pinball machine has an LCD monitor attached to it. These kids sit in front of them everyday. Even some grocery carts have them attached to them.

And that's not a knock on the LCD either. I'm fine with it being a part of the game although I don't think it adds much. I think their focus should be on innovative rules/scoring and much better themes.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Oh my God, why did I wait this long to pick up table pack #4? Black Knight is just about the best thing I've ever played. The flow is incredible and everything about the table feels so intuitive. I'm not surprised there are people on the leaderboards who have gotten hundreds of millions of points, but am slightly disappointed that my 2.9 million is nothing special.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Random thoughts from Zapcon 2014. All the Pinball Arcade I've played in the last year really payed off it seems, I was playing much longer games and have gotten a lot better at reading what a table wants you to do in the last year. I didn't play everything but I was there for 2 afternoons and stuck to the pinball machines since most of the arcade games there can be played in mame and only a few were of the wacky controller type variety(eg. Atari Star Wars.)

Sorcerer is a pretty drat good table, kinda like Firepower 2 with Gorgar flavored artwork. In fact it reminded me a lot of Firepower 2 and the other Williams stuff from that era. Firepower 2 is pretty decent and is a lot less of a dick kicker than Firepower which was blocked off for the tournament this year. Flight 2000 is one of the tables that I found to be just about as forgiving as its TPA counterpart, I wasn't racking up huge scores but I had a few games on the table lasting a bit longer than a usual game and it really seemed to return the ball just where you want it. Although there are probably more tables like this than I know of, such as the Gold Wing posted above, Spy Hunter and Middle Earth were really interesting and confusing as hell at first glance, they both feature a large side field like somebody squeezed half a table into an existing field. Superman by Atari was one I stuck around on for awhile, you can tell it somewhere on the verge between E/M and solid state just playing it. It plays like an E/M table but has an LED readout, it feels a lot more like anything from the years before than the games to come a year later. Also the wide-body design is something else in person, a game like newer Sterns or something tiny like a Pinball 2000 table you can really manhandle, The Superman wide-body though is this big SUV of a table that doesn't want to go anywhere for you.

I didn't spend a lot of time with the E/M tables this year, I probably should have but I just wasn't in the mood this time around. Oldest tables I think I played this year were Dragon and Middle Earth, although advanced googling just told me that Dragon was an E/M which explains my confusion at seeing the SS version on my first search. If I skim over any games it's because I only played a game or three of it and didn't get a strong impression of. Pool Sharks surprised me as being the first Williams/Midway thing that I totally disliked, wasn't a specific thing, just didn't like it. I can't tell if Data East was the first but but when shaker motors started to become a thing WOO PINBALL!! Aside from newer Sterns the first game I really noticed it on was a Tales From The Crypt, I saw some tough Data East talk earlier but I enjoyed it a lot and Royal Rumble, Rumble was a really fun table aside from that upper left ramp being a challenge. After playing so much video pinball in the last year I forgot crazy rumble was a thing some tables did and I found it really effective in making a game awesomer. There was a Sega Star Wars and I'm way more familiar with the Data East table, maybe it was cool but there seemed to be some issues with the table and it didn't seem to be running right.

A fair number of tables seemed to have a decent amount of LED upgrades, a few stood out such as Gorgar, I played a lot of that one and despite it being turned down to low to hear Gorgar be awesome it had colored LEDs in parts of the tables and little white light giving parts a glow. The Bride of Pinbot someone brought was one of the more striking LED conversions I noticed, but that may have been because I played it for a good while. On the downside of LED conversions was a Black Hole that was there last year as well, it's been totally redone in blacklight LEDs which look absurdly awesome, but results in a game that you absolutely cannot see. I got to play a quick game of Simpsons Pinball Party, goddamn the left side that machine is dense. NBA Fastbreak remains a fun but confusing as poo poo game, the blocking/passing shots part finally started to make sense after a few games and seemed quite unique. Speaking of weird and unique tables, Thunderball is a cool idea, instead of a plunger there are feeders in your right/left outlane areas that are activated with buttons next to the flipper buttons and it's pretty generous with the multiball, that setup was kinda seen again in Gottleib's Strikes N' Spares, gently caress that weird bastard child of a pinball table and shuffle bowling. Hyperball was down when I was there last year and the first day this year but got fixed by Sunday, although less of a pinball game and more a shooting gallery I'm glad I got to give it a try because that machine looks awesome.

I was surprised to see LoTR came out way before the Stern's I'm more familiar with, that's a drat cool game but holy poo poo talk about everything AND the kitchen sink. The AC/DC table had the sound turned way down, maybe that game is cool but without my face getting rocked off I wasn't too into it. After playing a bit of Iron Man and Spider-Man I went home the first night and watched some PAPA videos on how to win like a pro, now I'm in danger of buying a Spider-Man with my new car savings (not really, but kinda) something about the use of lighting and strobes but I really like that game. I didn't care much for Episode 1 when I played it and had decided against Pinball 2000 but spending a bit of time with Revenge From Mars I reversed my opinion, I remember playing them both before but I liked Revenge more as I played more of it. I managed to get in a few games of a lot of the other stuff on the list but it's mostly stuff everyone's seen in TPA by now.

http://www.zapcon.com/games.php

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Apr 15, 2014

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

slap me silly posted:

It's a good first effort, but they'll do better next time. I'm not a huge fan of the layout, and the game is opaque in its ruleset (though my understanding is that the most recent rule revision cleared a lot of this up). I think that the split four LCD screen is fairly confusing as well. There's plenty of really cool stuff to it though, most of which has already been said.

The Hobbit whitewood looks okay, but we'll see how they do. The main JJP game I'm really looking forward to is the unlicensed Pat Lawlor standard body game. By then they should have all of their manufacturing and design ducks in a row.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

The Classic Arcade room at PAX East had three EM machines:

As mentioned, the PA booth on the Expo floor also had two tables, a Harley Davidson and a Ripley's. They were pimping the tablet versions really hard, got me to sign up to get some free tables for my GF's Kindle, even after I complained that the controls stank. When asked about Steam Cabinet Mode, he said that once the new Xbox version was done, they would get back to work on the PC version.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Huh, apparently someone opened a gallery of old EM machines like 5 minutes from my house and I had no idea.

If anyone's in MA: https://www.facebook.com/popbumperspinball

That's about 20 minutes from my house. It popped up on the Pinside map, while I was editing the entry for a lovely local bar (die Lynwood, DIE!), so I went to check it out a few weeks back. Nice place, the folks running it were super nice, and the tables were all in perfect working order. I don't enjoy the 70's era much, so I just played 5-6 games on each machine, and was totally done after about 45 minutes. It was really cool to play the Shatner-era Star Trek table, though.

Please go enjoy this place while it lasts.

Because it can't last, I can't imagine that it makes any money at all. :smith:

EDIT: fixed name of table that PA brought to PAX.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 15, 2014

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Cyberball 2072 posted:

In fact it reminded me a lot of Firepower 2 and the other Williams stuff from that era. Firepower 2 is pretty decent and is a lot less of a dick kicker than Firepower which was blocked off for the tournament this year.

Firepower 2 has sound effects that take me straight back to my teen years. When I get a house with space enough to do it I hope to buy some tables, and Firepower 2 will be one of them just for the audio. I don't actually recall if the game plays that well or not, but man that sound. I'll want a Rollergames table as well, even though I've never seen one in real life. How can you hate on that neon and music?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acolyte!
Aug 6, 2001

Go! Rocket Kiwi! Go!

Squashy Nipples posted:

As mentioned, the PA booth on the Expo floor also had two tables, a Harley Davidson and a Twilight Zone. They were pimping the tablet versions really hard, got me to sign up to get some free tables for my GF's Kindle, even after I complained that the controls stank. When asked about Steam Cabinet Mode, he said that once the new Xbox version was done, they would get back to work on the PC version.

Did you go on Sunday? On Friday and Saturday they had Ripley's/Harley Davidson, but on Saturday Ripley's was having technical issues. The guy at the booth also said he expects the new lighting engine on PC in "2-3 months," so who knows considering Farsight Time.