Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Sharkie posted:

I'm sorry oval office raja but I have to believe he's just trolling you.

He's not D: I wish he was.

God if I just woke up one day and he was like "HAHAHA OWNED" -he deletes all of the WWE theme songs and mashups- I would be thrilled

I could get him into my garbage music instead

edit: blood for the snype gods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i really enjoyed the latest one although i'm pretty sure i had the big event for that episode spoiled for me by some random asshat. still good, though.

I expected it was coming but I didn't know for sure. Oh my god its gonna be hard to top that episode.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Al Borland posted:

I expected it was coming but I didn't know for sure. Oh my god its gonna be hard to top that episode.

i hope tywin farts when tyrion shoots him

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Al Borland posted:

Red Wedding was better

^^^Dammit my automatic clicking of spoiler tags!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Shannonmcn posted:

Red Wedding was better

The reaction from the red wedding online. Yes.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pessimism posted:

lol if you've never used a dong like a joystick

How did you think the nickname of "controller" came up? :haw:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

cathugs

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
this seasons two episodes were actually good

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Titty Warlord posted:

this seasons two episodes were actually good

I liked the first one better. This one was super uncomfortable the whole way through. And I knew there were deaths so I was just kind of waiting for them

couwy
Nov 9, 2009

~just feels good~
My dad spoiled it for my sister and I had never seen a rage so pure and visceral.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

I did a favor for my boyfriend and got stung by a bee along the way and now I'm cranky. I thought about spoiling this latest episode for him but I could never betray him like that. He did not read the books so it's actually been kind of fun watching this with him.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

oval office raja posted:

Portals, I am a really awkward person in general, so I have some advice RE: handling awkward situations. Acknowledge the awkward and laugh at it. Most of the time, the other person is also aware of the awkwardness and will appreciate you indicating it's okay to laugh about.

I have already learned this skill and it has helped a lot, learning to laugh at your mistakes is one of the best things

:swoon:

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Shannonmcn posted:

Red Wedding was better

^^^Dammit my automatic clicking of spoiler tags!

this isn't a spoiler

i was just joking because of the fyad fake spoiler it doesn't happen

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
spoiler

everything is downhill and boring as gently caress from here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-with-no-plans-just-too-exhausted-to-go-out,35775/?ref=auto

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Titty Warlord posted:

spoiler

everything is downhill and boring as gently caress from here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really?!?!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i find dragon lady and her crap to be the most boring part of the series so if it inevitably involves more of that later on then it's probably going to get more boring overall

OH NO, DAGRONS

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Shannonmcn posted:

Really?!?!

well it's true for the books.

dunno about the show though, seeing as the show is a lot better.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i find dragon lady and her crap to be the most boring part of the series so if it inevitably involves more of that later on then it's probably going to get more boring overall

OH NO, DAGRONS

spoiler: she is still a lovely character

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

OH NO, DAGRONS

yeah hers is the part that gets really boring. imo everything else is still good until the end of dance with dragons.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
some parts from a dance with dragons are really good though

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Stoic Commie posted:

this isn't a spoiler

i was just joking because of the fyad fake spoiler it doesn't happen

Isn't the FYAD spoiler tyrian shoots his dad in the dick with a crossbow for sleeping with his prostitute? Becasue that definitely happens. I've not seen the show or read the books, and I don't know what context it happens in or who those characters are, excet that Tyrian is the funny little person Death at a Funeral, but it deffo happens

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

OH NO, DAGRONS

gently caress up Dragons are why I started those drat books. I was disappointed but still... I liked the Dany parts before I gave up.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I don't unnderstand how someone could get mad at being spoilered for that show. The books are like, everywhere

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like everything but her stuff because it's interesting to see what happens between all the people, and her whole storyline is just HOORAY EVERYTHING GOES GREAT FOREVER BY THE WAY I HAVE DRAGONS and she's also literally incapable of understanding why her batshit crazy dad was killed while on the throne so of course she's probably gonna show up and ruin everything

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I don't unnderstand how someone could get mad at being spoilered for that show. The books are like, everywhere

the books are unpleasant to read

I say this as a person who loves reading

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

boom boom boom posted:

i was just trying to add the mystery back in for shannon i read the books that is my favorite part

i enjoyed the hell out of them but i also love lemon cakes and dead protagonists

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

The books are boring and I like the show.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

viscous wolves posted:

the books are unpleasant to read

I say this as a person who loves reading

Same. I never quit books apart from this series and Oliver Twist. Oh wait and A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. But for almost 18 years of reading that's a shirt list.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i like everything but her stuff because it's interesting to see what happens between all the people, and her whole storyline is just HOORAY EVERYTHING GOES GREAT FOREVER BY THE WAY I HAVE DRAGONS and she's also literally incapable of understanding why her batshit crazy dad was killed while on the throne so of course she's probably gonna show up and ruin everything

I know two things about that series that arent from people showing me clips and expecting me to be blown away by something that I'm assuming ahd like, a season worth of build up that I didn't watch so I don't care, and one is the FYad spoiler, and the other is Cyrus has massive diarreah in ditch on her period. it's a pretty lengthy, plot important scene

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

boom boom boom posted:

george r r martin is a really mediocre writer and saying that is like saying 'i don't understand why people want to watch this infinitely more entertaining version of the books instead of reading through the equivalent of tolkien on valium'

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the dragon woman gets diarrhea.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
books are bad (i read all of them twice... loving hell)

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

plus shes a horrible actor

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Cyrus has massive diarreah in ditch on her period. it's a pretty lengthy, plot important scene

ugh I don't need to watch this I can just experience it monthly

period shits, man

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I almost got the first book at barnes and noble but the paperback was like 800 pages printed on newspaper paper and like a three inch thick spine so reading it would gently caress up the copy, and the hardcover was 35 bucks and gently caress tht

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my mother is finally reading the books even though she's never watched the show and now she keeps ringing me up to talk about them :3: i'm like "where were you in eleventh grade when those books were my only friends?!"

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the dragon woman gets diarrhea.
the latest book is 90% diarrhoea 10% turtles

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the whole thing of LOL WHY ARE PEOPLE MAD ABOUT GETTING SPOILERED ABOUT THIS is pretty dumb because everyone without a doubt will get annoyed if they're spoiled on something they enjoy reading/watching/whatever, it's not some magically new phenomenon that started w/ game of thrones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Avshalom posted:

the latest book is 90% diarrhoea 10% turtles

Well now I have to try them again.

• Locked thread