Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Daniel Bryan posted:

I don't know if it's the thread or what but this thread immediately crashes upon trying to view it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3180956

Is it only on a specific page? That thread has never given me any trouble before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Yeah, the app is now crashing for me when I try to view:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3368573&pagenumber=118

or

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3502369&perpage=40&pagenumber=470

Not sure what common element on those pages would make it crash, when other threads seem to work fine.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Shitshow posted:

Yeah, the app is now crashing for me when I try to view:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3368573&pagenumber=118

or

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3502369&perpage=40&pagenumber=470

Not sure what common element on those pages would make it crash, when other threads seem to work fine.

Neither of these are causing a crash for me either. What device and iOS version are you seeing this on? Maybe it only happens in certain versions.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I updated to the new version and continued to get error codes until I logged out and logged back in. In case anyone has the same problem.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

With the new version I've been getting random crashes when opening threads.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

spankmeister posted:

With the new version I've been getting random crashes when opening threads.

Well they'll get reported, so I'll take a look!

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Diabolik900 posted:

Neither of these are causing a crash for me either. What device and iOS version are you seeing this on? Maybe it only happens in certain versions.

I'm running iOS 7 on both an iPad and iPhone 4S. After upgrading both to the latest release of 7.1, the first thread I listed will now load with no problem, but the second crashes to home screen (on both devices).

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

New update works great.

Is there a way to lock orientation on an IPhone?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

New update works great.

Swipe up the control center from the bottom, there's a button.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

New update works great.

Yes. Swipe up the control center, it's the top right icon.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Looks like it's over-escaping when quoting in some cases: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2773485&perpage=40&pagenumber=399#post428308714

Also, the [/..] button doesn't do the right thing if there's a [] in the stream, sigh.

Edit: we're over-escaping every time, in fact. Makes quoted URLs a crap shoot.

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 15, 2014

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Swipe up the control center from the bottom, there's a button.

Pretty sure he meant specific to the Awful app. I too would like it locked, but when viewing Youtube videos through Awful app, have it to where I can rotate the screen to landscape.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

kloa posted:

Pretty sure he meant specific to the Awful app. I too would like it locked, but when viewing Youtube videos through Awful app, have it to where I can rotate the screen to landscape.

Ah, nm then.

Re: escaping problems. It looks like things are actually escaped when they come over the wire, so I wonder if this is due to us not unescaping properly now that Awful pulls HTML instead of JSON. Pokeyman: should we be using gtm_stringByUnescapingFromHTML when pulling the bbcode out of the scraped form contents?

Edit: Pokeyman: I sent a pull request for the unescape-fix branch; haven't run the scraper tests yet, so I might have broken some of them, but it fixes the issue for me in manual testing.

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 15, 2014

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Ah, nm then.

Re: escaping problems. It looks like things are actually escaped when they come over the wire, so I wonder if this is due to us not unescaping properly now that Awful pulls HTML instead of JSON. Pokeyman: should we be using gtm_stringByUnescapingFromHTML when pulling the bbcode out of the scraped form contents?

Edit: Pokeyman: I sent a pull request for the unescape-fix branch; haven't run the scraper tests yet, so I might have broken some of them, but it fixes the issue for me in manual testing.

Travis will run the scraper tests. I waited until they were done before merging :)

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
Thank the good lord apple finally pushed the update through. Looks like the pm bug is fixed now too!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Bless you for the auto close tags

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Can I disable the avatar/account name I don't want to be forever reminded that I'm a stupid newbie.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I logged out because I changed my password earlier today and now when I try to log in I get "problem logging in: please check your username and password". The same credentials work in a web browser.

E: interestingly it works on the iPad, but not the iPhone.

E2: updated the app and the problem went away.

E3: hide sidebar in landscape: thank you so much

E4: now I made the mistake of selecting the macinyos theme and the app crashes every time I try to load a yospos thread.

ZShakespeare fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 15, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Auto closing code thingies are neat, being able to view forums again is fun. Did you change the font or something on the thread list? It looks... different. Somehow.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Baram posted:

Can I disable the avatar/account name I don't want to be forever reminded that I'm a stupid newbie.

This seems like a personal problem $5 can fix.

Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002
Looks like when I switch the theme in yospos to Mac OS it will crash on threads in that sub forum until I sign out and sign in again. Anyone else have that issue?

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Auto closing code thingies are neat, being able to view forums again is fun. Did you change the font or something on the thread list? It looks... different. Somehow.

They tweaked the font of the forum/bookmark list.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Killmaster posted:

Looks like when I switch the theme in yospos to Mac OS it will crash on threads in that sub forum until I sign out and sign in again. Anyone else have that issue?

Yeah, I see it. iPhone 5, latest everything.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Baram posted:

This is how they remind you. Of what you really are.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero
Wish list item: the ability to open all spoilers on a page at once for when I've read the recent book people are required to use spoilers for and the thread turn into seas of black.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

fordan posted:

Wish list item: the ability to open all spoilers on a page at once for when I've read the recent book people are required to use spoilers for and the thread turn into seas of black.

Yeah it's pretty annoying. I'll +1 that on the list.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

pokeyman posted:

Well they'll get reported, so I'll take a look!

Neato, thanks!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

When I hit the link in this post, I get the browser rather than the scraped post as I would expect. (Browsing to the thread in question works normally.)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3196783&perpage=40&pagenumber=231#post428327104

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks for the update.

Can you make double tapping zoom in the image viewer?

Other hand is doing pleasure business.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

ZShakespeare posted:

the app crashes every time I try to load a yospos thread.
Sounds like a feature to me.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

When I hit the link in this post, I get the browser rather than the scraped post as I would expect. (Browsing to the thread in question works normally.)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3196783&perpage=40&pagenumber=231#post428327104

I'll add that to the list!

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
I'm getting a pretty regular crash when opening threads, and I after experimenting a bit it seems like it crashes whenever I open a thread with posts by someone I have on my Ignore list. Is this a known issue?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

kloa posted:

Oh god, the app lives again! My pooping time will go up significantly! :woop:

Awful iPhone/iPad app - My pooping time will go up significantly!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah I think the ignore list is screwing with the app and make it crash.

Baby Town Frolics
Mar 21, 2008

It's like we've got each other's backs.
Great update! Now I can continue to post instead of working.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

App is crashing for me on opening like 50% of threads which makes sense if it's ignored posts since I put a lot of people on ignore for dumbbad posts.

edit: actually I just opened up a couple of the threads in chrome and unless the last read post is throwing me off, they're not all pages with ignored posts

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 15, 2014

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
If you can't handle just scrolling past posts by people you don't like you don't deserve to read the internet anyway.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I can confirm this page loaded fine with an ignored post in it so I dunno.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

epitasis posted:

I can confirm this page loaded fine with an ignored post in it so I dunno.

I can say though that a thread I tried to load earlier wouldn't load. I went in Safari and unignored the one person I had on ignore. Came back into the app and the thread loaded just fine with no crashes.

It definitely seems to be some sort of bug with ignored users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The last page of the video game deals thread in Coupons crashes for me every time and I don't have anyone ignored there. Meanwhile:

So I don't see how that makes sense.

• Locked thread