Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
In retrospect, given what Ramses is prone to do to people who insult his pride on the highway, that woman at the Bed, Bath & Beyond in Achewood who sold him the Kitchenaid is either the luckiest entity on this cursed Earth or is only alive due to old-time Morals.

It is also possible that his next stop after Beef's wedding was the Kitchenaid offices to redress a wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

RZApublican posted:

Looking at his most recent posts on twitter it sounds like Onstad might be going through renal failure? Or whatever azotemia is.

Ugh, he's probably just going to up and die to avoid making more Achewood. The nerve of some people.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
He has drama pipes. We knew this.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

SacrificialGoat posted:

Ugh, he's probably just going to up and die to avoid making more Achewood. The nerve of some people.

He is a coward who would abandon a dying strip.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Cloks posted:

He is a coward who would abandon a dying strip.

Maybe we ought to have sympathy for a dude who's probably has a few weeks of gut scrabbles and micturations the general consistency and color of a fine earthy Merlot topped off with a helping of "maybe I ain't never see my daughter graduate because I ate too much Jamón ibérico and bespoke truffle roulade” quality night ennui.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Wow I guess making soda was more dangerous than I imagined.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Man, everybody in this comic really is getting girlfriends.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

drat, Onstad, what did those kidneys do to you?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I refuse to believe that Vis-U-Test card isn't straight out of Achewood itself.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

boo_radley posted:

Maybe we ought to have sympathy for a dude who's probably has a few weeks of gut scrabbles and micturations the general consistency and color of a fine earthy Merlot topped off with a helping of "maybe I ain't never see my daughter graduate because I ate too much Jamón ibérico and bespoke truffle roulade” quality night ennui.

It is an celebration of the English language.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

boo_radley posted:

Be honest how long did it take to write this?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

boo_radley posted:

This is too wordy. Why I remember when posts about Achewood were terse and not trying so hard and aaasashakjasdfaab :words:

For real though I enjoyed this post. :roflolmao:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Wanderer posted:

In retrospect, given what Ramses is prone to do to people who insult his pride on the highway, that woman at the Bed, Bath & Beyond in Achewood who sold him the Kitchenaid is either the luckiest entity on this cursed Earth or is only alive due to old-time Morals.

It is also possible that his next stop after Beef's wedding was the Kitchenaid offices to redress a wrong.

No. Both he and Molly's dad realized they were in the wrong, and both had too much shame about it to buy the upgraded one that they were picturing in the first place.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

JoshTheStampede posted:

Be honest how long did it take to write this?

Occasionally the roast beef mindset just flows through me.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

boo_radley posted:

Occasionally the roast beef mindset just flows through me.

You are the one spoken of legend. You are The Dude Who Sucks!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Plus I got depression.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

boo_radley posted:

Plus I got depression.

What the HELL are you going to do about your problems?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

boo_radley posted:

Plus I got depression.

Man I don't care about your brain problems or your divorce, you better have a post like that every Friday!

Adult Illiteracy
Oct 10, 2012
I bet Molly's been absent from the comics lately because he used her as a mouthpiece for his failing kidneys.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Wow guys. Wow. All this kidney talk is downright stalking. This thread needs to be put on a dialasis machine to filter out the creepy.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Ghoulish stalkers trawling through innocent celebrity's public social networking feeds and divulging his private secrets he hid from the world in secret shame

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Jesus Achewood thread what did Onstad do to you man

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pakled posted:

Jesus Achewood thread what did Onstad do to you man

Stole their cookbook money :(

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Man, honestly, he probably just found a cool old medical filmstrip at a thrift store.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

boo_radley posted:

It's all right, everyone. The understudy is prepared to go on.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Wanderer posted:

I figured that in this strip he is currently on his way to Kitchenaid specifically.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
As much as I poo poo on Onstad, I do sympathize with him on the "I gots the depression" bit. I had a completely Roast Beef moment today. Showered, brushed teeth, got dressed, drove to the store...sat there for a few minutes then drove back home.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

tehloki posted:

Ghoulish stalkers trawling through innocent celebrity's public social networking feeds and divulging his private secrets he hid from the world in secret shame

To be fair, the front page of achewood.com explicitly tells us to follow him on twitter for information

oh poo poo is that the joke? tell me that's the joke

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 16, 2014

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Johnny Aztec posted:

As much as I poo poo on Onstad, I do sympathize with him on the "I gots the depression" bit. I had a completely Roast Beef moment today. Showered, brushed teeth, got dressed, drove to the store...sat there for a few minutes then drove back home.

Quick reminder that Onstad is Theodore, not roastbeef.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

a starwar betamax posted:

Quick reminder that Onstad is Theodore, not roastbeef.

Onstad is all of them. All of the main characters are incredible foodies. They start spouting out ingredients that I've never heard of, and is probably hella expensive to boot.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
RB ain't that much of a foodie.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Roastbeefs outlook on food is really one of the only healthy and well adjusted aspects of his character. And yet it is presented as if it is a result of his depression and childhood circumstances.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Roastbeefs outlook on food is really one of the only healthy and well adjusted aspects of his character.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Is it possible to murder a word? I would like to strangle "foodie".

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
You could print it out in landscape on a piece of 8.5x11 paper in 144pt comic sans and stomp on it in a parking garage. That might be cathartic

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
See also:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Old-school, still-closeted Pat still rollin' with the dudes. Old times in the main.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Roastbeefs outlook on food is really one of the only healthy and well adjusted aspects of his character. And yet it is presented as if it is a result of his depression and childhood circumstances.

Roast Beef's outlook on food is a whole lot better since he started having overt dialogue with his own stomach.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

qntm posted:

Roast Beef's outlook on food is a whole lot better since he started having overt dialogue with his own stomach.

Old times, old crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This thread is getting weird and insular about kidneys, so let's talk about something else. Maybe things we like, or are uncertain about. For example, I am not sure if I even like kings.