Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
First look at Eternal #3 with Steph's debut

http://www.gothamspoilers.com/2014/04/batman-eternal-3-early-preview.html#more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
I totally think this book needs, like, a dialogue editor.

Edit: wait she mentioned the train crash from earlier in Eternal, but she doesn't know her dad is Cluemaster yet? So she's not Spoiler until after Damian died? Then who the hell infiltrated the Spyral school in England?

Chaltab fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 11, 2014

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Chaltab posted:

I totally think this book needs, like, a dialogue editor.

I can't wait till the move to LA is complete, and we hopefully get editors who can focus on editing rather than the insane amount of half-assing it we see as editors wait to be downsized.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Preview for Eternal 2
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comics/batman-eternal-2-preview-jim-gordon-in-shackles-gotham-reacts/#/3

Am I being a hater or Tim does sound like an unsufferable prick there?

Also I hope they gave a good reason for Jason Todd (man I was used to Jason to talk about him now there are two Jasons) to go back at Gotham since he deosn't really give a poo poo about Gordon or Gotham.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Preview for Eternal 2
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comics/batman-eternal-2-preview-jim-gordon-in-shackles-gotham-reacts/#/3

Am I being a hater or Tim does sound like an unsufferable prick there?

Also I hope they gave a good reason for Jason Todd (man I was used to Jason to talk about him now there are two Jasons) to go back at Gotham since he deosn't really give a poo poo about Gordon or Gotham.
I'm just more amused that Jason is apparently sitting at a Hong Kong bar (that appears to be full of unconscious Ninjas) in full costume and helmet, drinking a beer. Through his mask.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Preview for Eternal 2

Am I being a hater or Tim does sound like an insufferable prick there?

Tim has a been a prick since the start of the New 52 as a result of them removing all of his history and accomplishments and giving them to other characters or ditching them. He is Tim Drake in name only now (Actually he is not even that as Tim Drake is not his real name anymore.)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Tim has a been a prick since the start of the New 52 as a result of them removing all of his history and accomplishments and giving them to other characters or ditching them. He is Tim Drake in name only now (Actually he is not even that as Tim Drake is not his real name anymore.)
He's become Dick Grayson, emphasis on dick. There's nothing making him any different from Grayson anymore since he's now an Olympic athlete too, sure why not?

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

He's become Dick Grayson, emphasis on dick. There's nothing making him any different from Grayson anymore since he's now an Olympic athlete too, sure why not?
Uh, well his parents are alive and in witness protection, he is literally a genius at computers and apparently also robotics too.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

One of the backup stories in Snyder's Batman, I think it was issue 0, had a really good character moment for Tim where he manages to uncover some boarding school embezzling scam by the principal.

Other than that he's been all over the shop and largely nothing like he used to be.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

One of the backup stories in Snyder's Batman, I think it was issue 0, had a really good character moment for Tim where he manages to uncover some boarding school embezzling scam by the principal.

Other than that he's been all over the shop and largely nothing like he used to be.

This could be find replaced for pretty much everybody in the NEW 52.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Got this in the mail from Jonathan Case:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Haha. That page is amazing. Sad I read them in the digital minis now.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Joe Fisto posted:

Got this in the mail from Jonathan Case:

I met Case at a con a few years back before 66 started and no-one knew who he was. Had a chat with the guy and he was really friendly. Glad he is getting some recognition now and some success.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I feel like an idiot asking this, and maybe minor spoilers here, but can someone tell me what exactly the train crashed into in Eternal #1?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

chime_on posted:

I feel like an idiot asking this, and maybe minor spoilers here, but can someone tell me what exactly the train crashed into in Eternal #1?

Another train.

For some to be explained reason there were two trains heading towards each other on the same track.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

chime_on posted:

Plot contrivance.

Don't sweat it, you're not the idiot in this situation.

Robot Wendigo
Jul 9, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Eternal #7 cover:

Yeah, my expectatives keeps getting lower and lower...

I think it's commendable that DC is letting us know not to buy this so far in advance.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Robot Wendigo posted:

I think it's commendable that DC is letting us know not to buy this so far in advance.
I don't get it, what about this cover makes you think the issue will be bad?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Chaltab posted:

I don't get it, what about this cover makes you think the issue will be bad?

No idea on Wendigo but the thing is bothering me is the detail on Penguin's cigar. That silly gestures brings down the urgency of having the Ice Lounge blowed to pieces that the cover tries to convey. And I'm not interesed on the story if tries to pull that kind mood whiplash.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

No idea on Wendigo but the thing is bothering me is the detail on Penguin's cigar. That silly gestures brings down the urgency of having the Ice Lounge blowed to pieces that the cover tries to convey. And I'm not interesed on the story if tries to pull that kind mood whiplash.
Look, the new 52 is humorless, bleak and dire enough for two universes. I will take any sign of levity and that includes a simple, fun cover where the Penguin sticks his goddamn cigarillo above the water line to keep it lit as he escapes with his life.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-secret-origins-4-solicitation-reveal/1100-148520/

Secret Origins 4 to cover Harley, Ollie and Damian origins.

Yeah, now I'm sure Damian will be back this year and I wonder if someone will complain about the cover.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-secret-origins-4-solicitation-reveal/1100-148520/

Secret Origins 4 to cover Harley, Ollie and Damian origins.

Yeah, now I'm sure Damian will be back this year and I wonder if someone will complain about the cover.

I'll go first.

It's a waste of Lee Bermejo's time and talent to pay him to draw the New 52 Harley Quinn.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Bleedingcool's DC tipster who's right about almost everything is saying Grayson and Robin Rises: Omega for July (announcement? release?)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/14/grayson-from-dc-comics-in-july-joined-by-the-return-of-damian-in-robin-rises-omega/

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
So Grayson is official. It's Tim Seeley with Tom King who's a former CIA guy, illustrated by Mikel Janin. Him working for SPYRAL is a pretty great loving idea that I cannot hope DC will do right by.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I think Dick Grayson holding a gun makes me wary immediately. I like the idea of Dick being a lighter and more optimistic hero than Bruce. Him being a gritty spy kinda shits on that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Timeless Appeal posted:

I think Dick Grayson holding a gun makes me wary immediately.

Don't worry, it shoots batarangs.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Haha. Does he have a G emblem? That's great.
I like them using a Batman Inc concept. Hopefully it keeps Kathy Kane and all that weirdness around.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 15, 2014

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
On the one hand, I am always a fan of secret government agent stuff going on in the DCU. I don't know why really, but something about government agents working in superhero worlds is cool to me.

On the other hand, Dick isn't a secret agent nor can I understand why this is the direction the editorial wanted to take with him. It'd be interesting for an elseworlds tale but for the main continuity? Eh. Though I am glad he's out of the red and has some blue back in his new costume and with a co-writer that actually worked for the CIA before maybe this may be good?

(haha DC doing something good with a new concept hahaha.)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'll be honest, Dick as super spy doesn't made a lick of sense but I'm hyped as hell for it. Good job DC, good job. So, how long you think he will keep outside his brothers' radar? I'm calling six months at best.

Sucks for those who wanted a meeting with Jason and friends though :haw:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Sucks for those who wanted a meeting with Jason and friends though :haw:

Which was loving no one.

Tom King wrote A Once-Crowded Sky - which I think is the book which prompted me to make the now-archived thread about prose books modelled on comics. It also made me cry in absolute anger in the last chapter, so I'm wary. But the writing was great. I wonder if Seeley and King pitched separately and were told to work together, or pitched together?

I like Janin. Interesting concept. On twitter a few months back I said they should relaunch Dick Grayson once he was dead with a book called Grayson: Hero.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"He's doing something that's going to cause pain to his friends and family, but he believes in the cause" .... "they employ questionable tactics such as mind erosion."

So given how far Batman once flipped the gently caress out when he discovered that Zatanna screwed with his memories, I can't really see him encouraging his ward to go play MIB, at least as far as it comes to pointing guns at people and wiping minds. I guess they'll explain it as Bruce's retaliation for the Kathy Kane appearance, and I guess I can understand wanting to give someone that Nick Fury vibe in DC, but giving that role to Dick Grayson doesn't feel right.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Craptacular! posted:

"He's doing something that's going to cause pain to his friends and family, but he believes in the cause" .... "they employ questionable tactics such as mind erosion."

So given how far Batman once flipped the gently caress out when he discovered that Zatanna screwed with his memories, I can't really see him encouraging his ward to go play MIB, at least as far as it comes to pointing guns at people and wiping minds. I guess they'll explain it as Bruce's retaliation for the Kathy Kane appearance, and I guess I can understand wanting to give someone that Nick Fury vibe in DC, but giving that role to Dick Grayson doesn't feel right.

Jason would've been my first choice for that but then, wouldn't that be a straight rip off of the Winter Soldier? :v:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Craptacular! posted:

I wouldn't say the Nick Fury vibe more continuing the Bucky vibe. Dick's already done the whole replacement hero thing so now that people know his identity he's going to fake his death and become a secret agent.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

I thought it was safe to assume that Identity Crisis didn't happen in the New 52. I thought that was like, the one plus.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Timeless Appeal posted:

I thought it was safe to assume that Identity Crisis didn't happen in the New 52. I thought that was like, the one plus.
I think War Games is the big retconned event, because Stephanie isn't Spoiler yet, and Identity Crisis is still around. This is just a big problem with the reboot though - they wanted to appeal to new readers, but instead of actually rebooting they just streamlined everything and made it more confusing what's around and what isn't.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I kind of wish that the Flashpoint event had just merged a bunch of realities/timelines so we'd get characters as likely to argue about what happened and what didn't as the readers are.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
I can't believe it.

I'd been praying to the darkest gods I could find to get Janin drawing Dick.

This book is like a dream come true. Mephisto is gonna come for my CoD presitiges now, isn't he?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

lotus circle posted:

I think War Games is the big retconned event, because Stephanie isn't Spoiler yet, and Identity Crisis is still around. This is just a big problem with the reboot though - they wanted to appeal to new readers, but instead of actually rebooting they just streamlined everything and made it more confusing what's around and what isn't.
I thought Dr. Light had a whole big new origin and they haven't really touched on Ralph?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Timeless Appeal posted:

I thought Dr. Light had a whole big new origin and they haven't really touched on Ralph?

I don't think Ralph does even exist in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Suprising noone, Batman #30 was fantastic. Great end to the issue, tying up the riddle from the start.

• Locked thread