Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

I'll go ahead and admit its been a long time since I've seen the show, but I'm quite certain your perception of how much time was devoted to each plotline is very very skewed there. Also I didn't mind Bobbie Barret either, and a lot of what you said about her reads to me as a strong argument for the season instead of against. :shrug:

Besides Don's affair with her was at least mildly interesting compared to the last one with time-traveling Lindsay Weir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unhinged Vulcan posted:

Anyone know anything about Metal Hurlant Chronicles, apart from what has been advertised on Syfy?

They're showing a weird mix of the first season that aired overseas and the new one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh my god, Metal Hurlant is cheesy as hell and not even Black Dynamite can save it.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

Oh my god, Metal Hurlant is cheesy as hell and not even Black Dynamite can save it.

Are you getting a weird Lexx vibe from this too?

It is like Lexx, and Hercules/Xena had a baby.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a lot of ACT-TING!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ravane posted:

I've been watching a lot of Italian Spiderman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psZ20wVpjYQ

The Italian club at college told me that I'm fashionable. They proudly call me "fascina." It makes me so happy to have such good friends.

Anyone know any good italian soap operas I could watch to learn the language?

I kind of got bored with Italian Spiderman after the first episode but I liked Danger 5 a lot more.

Occupation posted:

Oh man I wish azure were still here instead of being banned for being a rapist he'd swing in and autistically explain how mean were being to mad men and how it's actually perfect in every way and man breaking bad sure sucks huh

I do love mad men but the only thing that pisses me off about critical reaction is how nobody points out that season one was severely flawed and season 2 was actively bad since at least a full half of the season was devoted to Betty staring out of windows and wistfully sighing as she contemplated leaving don permanently. Critical reaction to mad men was exclusively focused on the final three episodes which were loving fantastic but ignored the stupid boring nonsense before it for the previous ten episodes. Like Betty and that terrible chick that don was banging or the super loving dull 'Peggy is catholic now' story or fuckin duck fuckin Phillips

The pilot especially is kind of hilarious in how bad it is. It's like every hackish piece of dramatic irony that immediately comes to mind when you think of a show set in the 60s (people smoking around pregnant women! women being hit on! obsolete technology presented as new and cutting edge!) and has almost no hook.

I love Mad Men but I have to warn people that basically nothing happens for the first half of the first season so they can adjust their expectations accordingly.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well, the 5 minute Agent Carter short was more interesting than all of Agents of SHIELD has been so far, so I'm okay with this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The people in the audience for this fight really aren't very energetic. Also the weapons are super fake and are obviously dull.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Another failed Syfy endeavour.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unhinged Vulcan posted:

Another failed Syfy endeavour.

Like Continuum this is a "Syfy Original" in that they just bought the US airing rights.

Edit: Oh man, what a totally ironic twist!

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 15, 2014

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
haha Did I just see Sand People?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This show is much better if you just pretend that this is actually Black Dynamite doing these things.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Catching up on Who's Line. Whoever thought to bring Keegan Michael-Key into this deserves a medal. Dude is dangerous on this show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

muscles like this? posted:

Like Continuum this is a "Syfy Original" in that they just bought the US airing rights.

Edit: Oh man, what a totally ironic twist!

And it's not even Canadian. It's a French scifi show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Occupation posted:

Oh man I wish azure were still here instead of being banned for being a rapist he'd swing in and autistically explain how mean were being to mad men and how it's actually perfect in every way and man breaking bad sure sucks huh

I do love mad men but the only thing that pisses me off about critical reaction is how nobody points out that season one was severely flawed and season 2 was actively bad since at least a full half of the season was devoted to Betty staring out of windows and wistfully sighing as she contemplated leaving don permanently. Critical reaction to mad men was exclusively focused on the final three episodes which were loving fantastic but ignored the stupid boring nonsense before it for the previous ten episodes. Like Betty and that terrible chick that don was banging or the super loving dull 'Peggy is catholic now' story or fuckin duck fuckin Phillips

Occupation posted:

Well that's the thing exec, when you say you love season 2 and it's the best in the series how are you forgetting that a literal full half of the season was spent on Betty literally doing NOTHING. She does NOTHING until the very end of the season. Also the times when you're not focusing on Betty you're focusing on Bobbie, who was a bad bad BAD character. The whole point of why dons womanizing is sympathetic to the audience is is he cheats on Betty with someone who is somehow both better than Betty and is better than don. He cheats to seek the sort of enlightenment, whether physical, emotional, spiritual, or artistic that he doesn't receive at home. The entire facade of the womanizing falls apart when don cheats on Betty with someone more loathsome than he either himself or Betty. It didn't help that she had literally no redeemable qualities beyond being moderately intelligent

Jimmy Barrett being great (his scene with Betty might be one of the only good ones in season 2, in my mind) to me doesn't counteract Betty's horse adventures in staring out of windows or Bobbie goddamn Barrett

Occupation posted:

At this point betty is a massive albatross around mm's neck since jj is a bad actress, legendarily difficult to work with, and she do very clearly doesn't want to be there

Occupation posted:

Dude season 3 is the by far best season what are you smoking

Pryce is the all time best non don character on the show. Better than Joan, Peggy, Pete...

Duck loving sucks and is only eclipsed in badness by Betty who is both a terrible character and is poorly acted by someone who clearly doesn't want to be on the show

Occupation posted:

I love mad men but it's not unfair to point out how so much of the show is very, very repetitive

I mean obviously a lot of it is weiner attempting to comment on the cyclical nature of these characters lives but when he goes off the deep end like he does in season 2 what you get is a whole bunch of nothing happening and the wheels desperately spinning

Dude take a deep breath and relax

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

precision posted:

Dude take a deep breath and relax

Uh, yeah, Occ's relax button has apparently been disabled for some time.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Irish Joe posted:

:shrug: I guess I'm just from that weird generation of Americans where you didn't advertise your mental problems, physical deformities and medical history to the world.
Yes and that would be the same generation of Americans which was and is even more horribly and openly bigoted against gays and racial minorities. Neither something to be proud of nor rhetoric that will carry any currency here.

Ravane posted:

Is anyone keeping up with Believe? I think it's gotten much better since the pilot.
Yeah it's pretty good. It's very X-Men like without going too ridiculous and breaking the TV budget. I'd say it's the best superpowered TV show since Alphas now.

Also scratches a little of the TOUCH itch before that show went of the deep end into cosmic conspiracy land.

raditts posted:

Well, the 5 minute Agent Carter short was more interesting than all of Agents of SHIELD has been so far, so I'm okay with this.
Well so was the Coulson gas station robbery short and the one where a couple find an alien laser gun and use it to rob banks, so I'd say everything underwhelming about AGENTS OF SHIELD is due to it being a Marvel TV production and not a Marvel Films production, which are entirely separate companies with entirely different staff and levels of talent in the giant corporate conglomerate that is Disney.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 15, 2014

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

DivisionPost posted:

Catching up on Who's Line. Whoever thought to bring Keegan Michael-Key into this deserves a medal. Dude is dangerous on this show.

The 2nd CW season has been hilarious so far. And as much as I love Ryan Stiles, I was glad there was one episode without him.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Cardboard Box A posted:

Yes and that would be the same generation of Americans which was and is even more horribly and openly bigoted against gays and racial minorities. Neither something to be proud of nor rhetoric that will carry any currency here.

Are you seriously comparing making fun of men with small dicks for calling themselves intersexual (or whatever the term was) with racial bigotry? Give me a loving break.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
this week on a very special episode of couch chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E8fdBmlOls&t=71s

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Irish Joe posted:

Are you seriously comparing making fun of men with small dicks for calling themselves intersexual (or whatever the term was) with racial bigotry? Give me a loving break.
It's almost like they're both genetic conditions they are born with. And yes, anyone seriously wanting them to just shut up and be quiet about it is the same as wanting gays to stay in the closet or blacks to stay segregated.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

And yes, anyone seriously wanting them to just shut up and be quiet about it is the same as wanting gays to stay in the closet or blacks to stay segregated.

Paging all available blacks and gays to come in here and out-cool this baby dick.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Irish Joe posted:

:stare: drat... my joke about asexuals was only supposed to amount to being jealous of them for involuntarily not having sex while I voluntarily was willing to have sex but couldn't find a mate.

I didn't expect this to take such a dark turn.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I changed the channel to the new Bam Margera show and I spontaneously combusted.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

I like Archer and this isn't a hypothetical critisism, but is it supposed to be awkward before every commercial?

And is this the season finale?

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

And this was an awesome storyline, if there's one thing anyone should remember this show for, it's seth rogan's arc.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fooz posted:

I like Archer and this isn't a hypothetical critisism, but is it supposed to be awkward before every commercial?

And is this the season finale?

Next week is the finale.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rick and Morty wrapped up tonight what is arguably the best first season of an animated show ever.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

zoux posted:

Rick and Morty wrapped up tonight what is arguably the best first season of an animated show ever.

Yeah really good. Maybe 2 weaker episodes of the...11?

I kinda thought everyone would die or something.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Archer says hello.

edit: Also 12 oz. Mouse

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

precision posted:

Archer says hello.

Oh word have you seen Rick and Morty s1 then?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Oh word have you seen Rick and Morty s1 then?

I watched enough of it to know it isn't as good as Archer or 12 oz. Mouse. In my opinion.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I can't think of many things that are worse than 12 oz. Mouse.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

precision posted:

I watched enough of it to know it isn't as good as Archer or 12 oz. Mouse. In my opinion.

Your opinion is dumb!!

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

zoux posted:

Your opinion is dumb!!

Anyways, tons of good TV going on the last year. Like one of the best years of tv.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

cool double post one of the best double posts ever

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We heard you the first time!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Finally finished How I Met Your Mother. What the hell?!

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
They committed to an ending in season 2 and never thought about changing it all the way up to season 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

precision posted:

Archer says hello.

Archers first season was all kinds of messy what are you talking about

Also the only season to threaten r and m's first is moral Orel and that's only in retrospect

• Locked thread