Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Tell me how it feels to be old so I can laugh at everyone.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Should start a separate thread for Goon-made podcasts.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

ICHIBAHN posted:

Should start a separate thread for Goon-made podcasts.

There was one. It died.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Big Dave goin all in on roiders tonight

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Big Dave goin all in on roiders tonight

I did not expect that kind of a rant tonight. Granted Warrior deserves to be called out for doing steroids as a retired fifty-something, but I did not expect him to rant like that. Wow.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MassRafTer posted:

I did not expect that kind of a rant tonight. Granted Warrior deserves to be called out for doing steroids as a retired fifty-something, but I did not expect him to rant like that. Wow.

Is the audio up? I don't see it on the site.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I guess Dave just saw it as being selfish and contradictory that he would talk about how much he loves his family but then continue to do steroids in his fifties.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

I guess Dave just saw it as being selfish and contradictory that he would talk about how much he loves his family but then continue to do steroids in his fifties.

Wait, Warrior was still on the juice?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Wow, I skipped the show thinking it was just a nothing news update show, but now I gotta check it out.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's unknown if he was on them when he died, but Dave saw a revealing video from "not that long ago" that led Dave to believe Warrior was still on them.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's unknown if he was on them when he died, but Dave saw a revealing video from "not that long ago" that led Dave to believe Warrior was still on them.

Eesh. Explains a LOT.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah, he was on the Roids. It's how he got cut for his indie shows where he squashed Orlando Jordan.

There are many layers to Warrior's hypocrisy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So Bryan was just telling his Warrior/Dino Bravo again and tried to explain how the Warrior was a perfect character for little kids. He'd run around and act crazy like a little kid, thus the appeal. I don't disagree with this statement, however, he was also saying how Dave didn't get it because he was 30 at the time... This caused me to think about it for a second and I realized Bryan was 14.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Even as a little kid I didn't love Warrior except for a brief period of time at and around Wrestlemania 6. Even stranger cause I loved giant painted cartoons (Demolition was my favorite).

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

FYI the Talk Is Jericho episode with Mysterio features Jericho singing along to Mark Henry's theme song right at the beginning. I wish I could tell you how the rest of the interview is but I just keep rewinding it.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I haven't had a chance to listen to Dave, but I remember one of those videos he did on Youtube a couple years ago where he was either working out or shirtless and yeah, you could tell he was still on it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I only like steroid talk when Dave says John Cena probably shouldn't be scolding athletes who fail drug tests.

Dave's mind is in tune with Triple H's mind. :3:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

weekly font posted:

Even as a little kid I didn't love Warrior except for a brief period of time at and around Wrestlemania 6. Even stranger cause I loved giant painted cartoons (Demolition was my favorite).

I never forgave the Ultimate Warrior for using the power of the gods to defeat the Hulkster at WM VI. That poo poo was unfair.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Podcast people: which wrestler should sing their own theme music as they walk out for a match?

Sticky Nate fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 15, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

flashy_mcflash posted:

FYI the Talk Is Jericho episode with Mysterio features Jericho singing along to Mark Henry's theme song right at the beginning. I wish I could tell you how the rest of the interview is but I just keep rewinding it.

All joking aside, it's quite a good interview (I haven't listened to part 2 yet). I've been pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Jericho interviews.... though to be fair, it's more that the guys he has on seem to feel comfortable enough with him to talk openly about things they might usually be more guarded about. I believe his interview with Miz is the first time that Miz has explicitly said that yes it was Benoit who famously banned him from the locker room, and of course Chavo's interview features him talking about finding Eddie dead and the whole hosed up weekend when Benoit killed his family and committed suicide.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
HulkaMatt had stuff to do, and KFG got picked up by the Chaotic Express, or whatever Adam Rose's bus is called, and so it was just myself and MRT left to do the Ten Count this week.

Topics: 1. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: ULTIMATE WARRIOR
2. Tournaments! Yay!
3. Evolution is back!
4. WWE's NXT youth movement
5. How, assuming it's possible, would you salvage Wade Barrett?
6. Who was the best/worst Scooby-Doo guest star?
7. Who was the weaker champion: Randy Orton or Magnus?
8. What matches are you looking forward to on the ROH/NJPW show?
9. If WWE were to re-hire Colt Cabana, what would be the best way to use him?
10. Is Mike Tenay the ugliest man in wrestling? If not, who is?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
1. It's called the Exotic Express, and
2. I fell asleep during Dolph Ziggler vs. Bad News Barrett. I blame Barrett.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Heyman on the latest Austin podcast :neckbeard:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Why doesn't it surprise me Heyman likes tightly plotted dramas with character development?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

All joking aside, it's quite a good interview (I haven't listened to part 2 yet). I've been pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Jericho interviews.... though to be fair, it's more that the guys he has on seem to feel comfortable enough with him to talk openly about things they might usually be more guarded about. I believe his interview with Miz is the first time that Miz has explicitly said that yes it was Benoit who famously banned him from the locker room, and of course Chavo's interview features him talking about finding Eddie dead and the whole hosed up weekend when Benoit killed his family and committed suicide.

The Chavo one was really sad, and I love the interview with Edge. I think it's the Bret Hart one where the interview is really interesting but Bret's signal is atrocious to the point of being difficult to listen to.

I'll definitely check out the rest of this Rey one though - I've got a huge backlog since it seems there were about a million podcasts released around Mania.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Dave's mind is in tune with Triple H's mind. :3:

Haha yeah I don't know why, but I smiled when Dave was putting over HHH like that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

Haha yeah I don't know why, but I smiled when Dave was putting over HHH like that.

HHH should probably change that, he's subconsciously feeding Meltzer the scoops.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Chavo one was really sad, and I love the interview with Edge. I think it's the Bret Hart one where the interview is really interesting but Bret's signal is atrocious to the point of being difficult to listen to.

I'll definitely check out the rest of this Rey one though - I've got a huge backlog since it seems there were about a million podcasts released around Mania.

Was it the Bret interview where Jericho talks about the very first time he met Bret and excitedly told him he was going to train up at the Hart Family Training Camp, and Bret's reaction was,"....that thing's still running?" :laugh:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Was it the Bret interview where Jericho talks about the very first time he met Bret and excitedly told him he was going to train up at the Hart Family Training Camp, and Bret's reaction was,"....that thing's still running?" :laugh:

Haha, yeah - Jericho's telling him all these details about the camp and it's clear Bret's got nothing to do with it. In his first book Jericho talks about whichever Hart (Bruce?) only showing up once but still hitting them up for a percentage of future earnings or some sketchy nonsense like that.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Heyman on Austins podcast is required listening.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I never would have thought Steve Austin could get more over with me but here we are.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

epitasis posted:

I never would have thought Steve Austin could get more over with me but here we are.
What did it?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Just his podcast, generally. It's pretty firmly the best of the million wrestling shows.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

epitasis posted:

Just his podcast, generally. It's pretty firmly the best of the million wrestling shows.
Ah. I thought it was one particular piece of business on his show.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

oatgan posted:

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 35: One and One Half Stars

We talk a weekend of indie wrestling, mama, the WWE HOF, my mother, Wrestlemania, mamas, Raw, mom, Warrior, and star ratings.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ptrdgdryuwqabbs/035+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

I ain't hardly never seen no gortar.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 36: I'm Insatiable, oh yeah

we did another show if you don't know what to expect by now you probably don't care!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jstvab394v5rkvd/036+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
And big ups to schweens for guesting.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
What little Heyman did say about Punk is the most we've heard about it. He was a good podcast guest for sure.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Tried to check it out, but the last guest listed is Michael Hayes. The episode before it is conspicuously missing. Was that Heyman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

LividLiquid posted:

Tried to check it out, but the last guest listed is Michael Hayes. The episode before it is conspicuously missing. Was that Heyman?

http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show-Clean

He alternates clean shows and uncensored shows apparently.

• Locked thread