Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-the-new-52-futures-end-s-9-13-solicitations/1100-148516/

The Eradicator is back! er, sorry, I mean Masked Superman is back! :v:

Ollie has bite it, Again!

And Emiko is back (who is she anyways?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

lotus circle posted:

Yeah the Zatanna comic Dini majorly wrote is good stuff.

Also I argue that Grant Morrison's revival of Shining Knight was merely a stepping stone for all the good things Demon Knights did with the character. Though Demon Knights in general was a great comic and too good for the New 52 so of course it got cancelled. :v:

Zatanna is a good character in The Books of Magic!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-the-new-52-futures-end-s-9-13-solicitations/1100-148516/

DC Copy, without even a hint of irony posted:

Five years from now, the world turns against (character)! Plus, Fury and Emiko face their worst nightmare—Deathstroke! And a 12-year-old girl?!?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Is Future's End #1 coming out before Forever Evil #7?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mango sentinel posted:

The way things are going, probably.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Masked Superman looks kinda like Wildfire from Legion of Superheroes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

coconono posted:

Masked Superman looks kinda like Wildfire from Legion of Superheroes.

This whole series is just a long con to reboot the Legion again.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Multiversity's first issue drops on August

Morrison's fan, get hype.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I, for one, will get hype as hell for more Justice Riders.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Gimme. It sounds like 7 Soldiers' big brother.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I remember the interview where this was first announced... back around February 2009. Still can't quite believe that it's actually happening, and at least a year earlier than I'd have expected.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yay! :toot:

mango sentinel posted:

The fifth issue will be out the same day as FE #7.

e: Boy. Assuming you want to just keep with the story of Future's End or Batman Eternal as they go, them being solicited, like 20 issues in advance will get kinda annoying.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 14, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: Boy. Assuming you want to just keep with the story of Future's End or Batman Eternal as they go, them being solicited, like 20 issues in advance will get kinda annoying.

The same thing happened with 52. Eventually they just got very vague with the solicits.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

This whole series is just a long con to reboot the Legion again.

I'm really getting sick of how DC seems to always be taking Superman off the table. He was near death during Trinity War, disappeared for Forever Evil and now it seems he's gone again for Future's End. That is, when he's not being mutated into Doomsday or whatever the gently caress is going on in his books.

I can't remember the last time outside of his own series where Superman took a leading role without being nerfed in some way. Even in that Heman crossover he gets killed and shunted to some other dimension.

They're really doing a horrible job of showing why he's the number one hero on the planet. Greg Pak is doing his best but I imagine he feels like a salmon swimming upstream in a river of poo poo.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

The Goon posted:

Greg Pak is doing his best but I imagine he feels like a salmon swimming upstream in a river of poo poo.
:goonsay:
Every writer ever writing for the new52.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Goon posted:

I'm really getting sick of how DC seems to always be taking Superman off the table. He was near death during Trinity War, disappeared for Forever Evil and now it seems he's gone again for Future's End. That is, when he's not being mutated into Doomsday or whatever the gently caress is going on in his books.

I can't remember the last time outside of his own series where Superman took a leading role without being nerfed in some way.

They're really doing a horrible job of showing why he's the number one hero on the planet. Greg Pak is doing his best but I imagine he feels like a salmon swimming upstream in a river of poo poo.

When he was married. :( I still cannot believe that I still have a resentment against DC comics for getting rid of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wouldn't care about the marriage being gone if it didn't mean having to deal with the long tedious boring Wonder Woman romance that never works and nobody can ever justify beyond 'they both powerful.'

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I wouldn't care about the marriage being gone if it didn't mean having to deal with the long tedious boring Wonder Woman romance that never works and nobody can ever justify beyond 'they both powerful.'

It does not help that you know its never going to last. You know that Lois and Clark are going to get back together.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

It does not help that you know its never going to last. You know that Lois and Clark are going to get back together.

I wouldn't even mind the "it won't last" part if it wouldn't last in an interesting way instead of trying to shoehorn two characters together because they're headliners.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Nightwing is dead/cancelled, long live "Grayson".

In essence, Nightwing will "die" at the end of Forever Evil, and the superheroes outside of Batman will think he's dead, but he's gonna be an undercover agent. So basically the DCU now has their Winter Soldier. Joy.

Every new wave of solicits makes me hate DC more and more.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Space_Butler posted:

Nightwing is dead/cancelled, long live "Grayson".

In essence, Nightwing will "die" at the end of Forever Evil, and the superheroes outside of Batman will think he's dead, but he's gonna be an undercover agent. So basically the DCU now has their Winter Soldier. Joy.

Every new wave of solicits makes me hate DC more and more.

Boy, I'm sure that will last.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, I didn't realize when looking at the picture at first, does he have his loving initial on his chest?

Realistically, this would play out like the later Bond movies where everyone knew who he was 5 seconds after he walked into a bar and just shot at him.

Space_Butler fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 15, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Another pic/tease, this time is Future's End

Hope a bigger resolution is released soon since I don't know who half of the characters are.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Another pic/tease, this time is Future's End

Hope a bigger resolution is released soon since I don't know who half of the characters are.

Booster Gold, Tim? Older Damian?, Batman Beyond, Light-up Action Batman
Lois Lane, Eradicator or whatever alternate Superman, Apollo, Hawkman, Midnighter, Amethyst, Frankenstein, ?bob hair girl?, ?grey hair dude?, ?strong guy?
Grifter, Mr Terrific, ?couple on stairs?, Ronnie n Jason n Firestorm, ?hands in pockets man?

Minus boring old Batman, I like the cast.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 15, 2014

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Can't wait for the Superman & Hawkman team up book!

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

quote:

Holy poo poo, I didn't realize when looking at the picture at first, does he have his loving initial on his chest?
Of course he does, because super secret supposed-to-be-dead spies based on real-life CIA counterterrorism officers always...

you know, I can't even. I haven't read a DC comic in months and I don't miss a drat thing.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

It's spy fiction.

It's the same reason why the first thing James Bond does is tell people his name when undercover.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

It's spy fiction.

It's the same reason why the first thing James Bond does is tell people his name when undercover.
Maybe that's not his real name! :tinfoil:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Maybe he's the Gatman. I mean...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Was Taters posted:

Johnny Gat will cross realities and ruin that punk.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Was Taters posted:

Ventriloquist is running the CIA and wanted his own Batman, it was all a big misunderstanding! Boy, is Dick's handler going to be sore at the next service review.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't see the problem. Dick Grayson going James Bond or even Nick Fury could be fun...

ohhhh

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of, it seem that Seeley & co. will handle Nightwing's final issue despite being originally solicited like being written by Tynion. Seems that this direction was one of the reason for the massive delay with FE 7.

EDIT: I need to stop reading tumblr or Scans Daily, all the things they could talk about the Grayson announcement and they're just bitchin about Dick carrying a gun (you know, like secret agents are expected to) :cripes:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 15, 2014

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

This is the only thing DC related (outside of Wonder Woman) that I can look forward to. I'm going to buy 10 copies of each goddamn issue.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Speaking of, it seem that Seeley & co. will handle Nightwing's final issue despite being originally solicited like being written by Tynion. Seems that this direction was one of the reason for the massive delay with FE 7.

EDIT: I need to stop reading tumblr or Scans Daily, all the things they could talk about the Grayson announcement and they're just bitchin about Dick carrying a gun (you know, like secret agents are expected to) :cripes:

What kind of secret agent does what they're expected to?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HitTheTargets posted:

What kind of secret agent does what they're expected to?

Fictional ones of course :v:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Its just a little jarring to see Dick use the eskrima sticks for years and now hes proficient with a gun?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Veg posted:

Its just a little jarring to see Dick use the eskrima sticks for years and now hes proficient with a gun?

Guns are MANLY and DARK.

I hope he ends up in the Deathwing costume and it's played completely seriously. :allears:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The only possible good outcome of "Grayson" is if THE INDESTRUCTIBLE DICK GRAYSON APPEARS LIKE A HUMAN CYCLONE chomping a cigar with those pistols.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Veg posted:

Dick was actually a legit police officer for a while, which may or may not be canon in the New 52, but Dick going into non-vigilante justice certainly has a precedent. Even if he never shot anyone he would be expected to train with a gun and be able to use it.

Also cool to see them doing something with SPYRAL even after Morrison's run is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

TwoPair posted:

The only possible good outcome of "Grayson" is if THE INDESTRUCTIBLE DICK GRAYSON APPEARS LIKE A HUMAN CYCLONE chomping a cigar with those pistols.

The sad part is that that image makes Steranko's art look flat and dull; a lot of the coloring effects used at the time really need to be seen in newsprint. Look at that red ripple-y effect on the right there, that looks awful compared to what we actually got in print.

....so it really would be the DC version, given their love of terrible coloring.

• Locked thread