Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ManiacClown posted:

In other news: DoFP Colossus! He's got one of those "Outwit this or you can't Outwit anything else" powers at his 200-point level and is pretty nice all around, with traited Super Strength and beginning-of-turn-only Sidestep.
I really like him at the 200 pt line (especially because I started playing at FI and don't have Colossanaut (one of my big wants)), but I don't see a reason to play him at 100 over the WatX common (and I love playing WatX Forge with Colossus).

Also I am probably going to buy a gravity feed of DofP on Amazon when it comes out (on Amazon mainly because I have like $80 in Amazon gift cards). What do the breakdowns for a set like this normally seem like? I'm assuming a 50% chance of the chase, and not all of the rares. Should I expect every common and uncommon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Red posted:

That reminds me of the Winter Soldier I just got:

They mean an adjacent friendly character, right?

The logic, to me, implies that if Winter Soldier is turned against me, I can de-power him a little, but I also have the option to boost him. Right?

Yes, or your opponent can base them and take a power action to de-power him. It represents the brainwashing and Captain America attempting to reason with him while Hydra simultaneously pushes him to murder.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

CapnAndy posted:

It does say so. Does it say "friendly"? No? Then non-friendly characters can do it too.

We actually covered this exact power earlier on this page!

So you agree that the wording they use could be clearer. :)

Morand posted:

Yes, or your opponent can base them and take a power action to de-power him. It represents the brainwashing and Captain America attempting to reason with him while Hydra simultaneously pushes him to murder.

Ah, that's the logic that makes much more sense. Thanks.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Fritzler posted:

I really like him at the 200 pt line (especially because I started playing at FI and don't have Colossanaut (one of my big wants)), but I don't see a reason to play him at 100 over the WatX common (and I love playing WatX Forge with Colossus).

Also I am probably going to buy a gravity feed of DofP on Amazon when it comes out (on Amazon mainly because I have like $80 in Amazon gift cards). What do the breakdowns for a set like this normally seem like? I'm assuming a 50% chance of the chase, and not all of the rares. Should I expect every common and uncommon?

The rarity for CTDs are always kinda weird and inconsistent; at 24 characters you won't get a full CUR, but should get most of the C/U lot and 3-4 R. Chases are up in the air; M10 & DC10 had it at one per brick but had three chases, I don't recall the rarity for Odin from the original AVM display but I think he was one per brick, and LotR only get one chase per case.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

The rarity for CTDs are always kinda weird and inconsistent; at 24 characters you won't get a full CUR, but should get most of the C/U lot and 3-4 R. Chases are up in the air; M10 & DC10 had it at one per brick but had three chases, I don't recall the rarity for Odin from the original AVM display but I think he was one per brick, and LotR only get one chase per case.

Which sucks, because all I really want from DoFP is that Nimrod - which is a chase.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Via WK's Twitter, here's a Newsarama post with WoL character spoilers!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
drat fine set so far.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

That Guy Gardener :swoon:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Sanschel posted:

Hmm, interesting, thanks. I just hope Professor X isn't one of my rares. He is the only one in the set that I don't like (at all, especially with the AvX professor).

I'm liking the WoL previews, especially that Guy Gardner. I also like Rond Vandar, except why does he have stealth and ESD? Another power would be nicer there.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Fritzler posted:

I'm liking the WoL previews, especially that Guy Gardner. I also like Rond Vandar, except why does he have stealth and ESD? Another power would be nicer there.

You know what always sucks? Getting shot at by a Stealth Buster when you have a squishy base defense value. It's like your only protection was the Stealth, so much for that. :v:

With a Stealth & ES/D Combo, you aren't as vulnerable when out in the open, and you also aren't a sitting duck against Stealth Busters. Really forces them to come to you with that combination.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?
Well guys, I could use some more advice for a team. This upcoming monday is 500pts, Modern Age only. The rule for teambuilding: "No White Guys"

So I'm trying to think of who I could run. I'm thinking of running DC10 Martian Manhunter since I've never run him, but aside from that, I've got little to no ideas of who to run. There are a few new ones that came out, but I'm not sure of any good ideas. I know it would be easy to run Bizarro, Darkseid, or Braniac, but I don't want to be "that guy" even though it's almost guaranteed someone is going to do it since we have 500 points to play with.

SublimeDelusions fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 12, 2014

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
War Machine, Blade, John Stewart, Luke Cage, Black Panther, Storm, Bishop, Cloak, Falcon. That's all I got. I don't know too many DC characters, but you already said Martian Manhunter.

edit: I just realized that no white guys could mean way more than black people, but that's where my mind went :downs:

Seymour Butts fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 12, 2014

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005

Seymour Butts posted:

War Machine, Blade, John Stewart, Luke Cage, Black Panther, Storm, Bishop, Cloak, Falcon. That's all I got. I don't know too many DC characters, but you already said Martian Manhunter.

edit: I just realized that no white guys could mean way more than black people, but that's where my mind went :downs:

I think I know who picked the game, so I think that's where their mind went also. So far, here's the list of figures I've narrowed it down to (which I also have):
CW Kang, DC10 Braniacs, DC10 Martian Manhunter, ASM Dr. Voodoo, ASM Man-Thing, FI Mokk, TT Cyborg, WXM Deathlok prime, WXM Bishop, WXM Storm, AO Killer Croc, IIM Death's Head, IIM Shaman, AVX Black Panther, SLOSH Bizarro, SLOSH Darkseid, SLOSH Persuader, SLOSH Solomon Grundy (may not actually qualify), SLOSH Tellus (he looks to be some kind of salamander thing, so definitely not a white guy).

I'm not sure where to go with those figures.

Edit: It seems there is no rule against resources, so I could probably use any of them.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Grundy was white in life and he's drat sure white now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Explain to me how Bizarro is not a white guy. Do you not use our Earth colors? Is that's what's going on here?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

SublimeDelusions posted:

I'm not sure where to go with those figures.

Quick build from what you posted:

Book of the Skull
Tellus (with Nul's hammer)
Deathlok (with Angrir's hammer)
Full-point Cyborg (with Skadi's hammer)
100-point Man-Thing (with Mok's hammer)
1 more hammer, if you get all 4 equipped.

Get a map with lots of walls or elevations, if you win the roll.

Man-Thing gets the first hammer, since he needs the Plasticity. Tellus gets the second, since he needs the Willpower. The other two can take them as needed, but don't be afraid to just drop one on one of your characters to get the free action Quake without bothering to pick it up.

Cyborg blasts away at the opposing team through strategically-placed objects, forcing them to close with you or get shot to pieces. When they get about halfway across the map, Man-Thing bases as many as he can... he might Poison them, but he's just there to keep them busy. Tellus allows Deathlok to shoot from Man-Thing's square, with proper positioning, and also uses his Mind Control to send more people into the Plastic embrace of Man-Thing. Deathlok and Cyborg shoot them to pieces while they try to escape Man-Thing, who saves all his actions to Regenerate.

As long as you keep everybody within 4 of Tellus (no need to be within 4 of each other), your ranged attackers have huge coverage, and Cyborg has even greater due to his trait. Accept that Man-Thing will die, but he's just there to keep opponents busy for as long as possible. Don't forget that Plasticity will stop people from flying over him, or punching him with Hypersonic.

CapnAndy posted:

Explain to me how Bizarro is not a white guy. Do you not use our Earth colors? Is that's what's going on here?
Bizarro am NOT white!

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

I thought he and Grundy were a grey. My bad.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
My Magic-Centric LGS with a few Heroclix things pulled a brick of Fear Itself out of somewhere and we had a midnight four-man sealed event, 300pts, two packs each. Opened my first pack, saw nothing exciting. Opened my second pack, and I found the one figure I wanted/cared about from the set: :itjb: KUURTH :itjb:

Ended up with a 300pt exact team of Kuurth, Sin, and a Thule Society Priest. Game one was against someone who decided to go balls-to-the-wall and field 300pt Nul. I hit him with a heavy object before he hit me with one and he failed his impervious roll, he whiffed back at me, gg. Second/final round was against a somewhat scary team of Mighty Spiderman, Mighty Dr. Strange, and an Asgardian Troll.

The first two or three turns consisted of him setting up a firing line and me using Kuurth to juggle objects around to form Stealth line of fire protection with the Priest and (after taking a small shot) Sin. Once everything was in position, Sin outwit Spiderman's super senses and landed a (Hydra-assisted from the Thule Priest's wildcard) lucky knockback shot, moving him out of the way for Kuurth to pick up a heavy, charge up, and bop Dr. Strange on the head (despite a super senses and prob roll) for exactly his entire life. Kuurth and Spiderman punched at each other for awhile with occasional potshots and constant outwitting from Sin while the Priest pushed himself to his Prob click. Game ended when I shot the Troll to death and Kuurth rammed Spiderman through a pillar for his final click (Which, as it turns out, I couldn't actually do since he had flying but the game was decided at that point and my opponent conceded)

:itjb: carries the day.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Bizarro is based on Superman, who's white.

(And yes, I know Bizarro is opposite everything, but he does have hair and two arms and two legs, and doesn't live underwater.)

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

Bizarro is based on Superman, who's white.

(And yes, I know Bizarro is opposite everything, but he does have hair and two arms and two legs, and doesn't live underwater.)

Yes, but he IS Bizarro, which means that to him, being white is being not-white. Don't you judge his feeling like something other than how he appears. :emo:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

Yes, but he IS Bizarro, which means that to him, being white is being not-white. Don't you judge his feeling like something other than how he appears. :emo:

To be fair, he's not Caucasian - he's literally white:

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Bought a couple SLOSH boosters and pulled my second Bizarro. Next time I go to my local comic shop, I'll see if I can trade him to anybody. Would it be fair if I asked for Darkseid straight up? Could I get more?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Seymour Butts posted:

Bought a couple SLOSH boosters and pulled my second Bizarro. Next time I go to my local comic shop, I'll see if I can trade him to anybody. Would it be fair if I asked for Darkseid straight up? Could I get more?
Bizarro is worth more than some super-rares. You'd be cheating yourself if you only got a Darkseid.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Played in 2 AVX Month 4's this weekend

First was 500 points constructed, must have 50% from your starter

I ran

Iron Pharaoh
TT Jinx
CW Scarlet Witch
Thor at 100
Astral Doc
AVX witch at 150
Full power plant

Lost to a fantomex team in the finale. Should have positioned blocking better via the matter rearranger ring and I could have blocked all LOF shots on pharaoh. Also got threatened and a local rear end in a top hat maybe banned so lovely night overall.

Today was 500 constructed.

I ran the same team as above except I dropped witch for brother voodoo and Lucy Lane.

The turnout here is a dad and son who are very bad and one other good player. Basically whichever one of us won would take the tournament.

He ran

Silver Centurion with full gauntlet
Extremis Tony Stark
2x TT Jinx
CW Witch at 50
AVX Witch at 100

This was an ultra cautious game as I'd beaten a similar team the previous month by melting his gauntlet. He was very determined not to allow a repeat. What won me the game was putting the force blast ring on the astral doc, free moving next to centurion and force blasting him into a wall. Voodoo was then able to MC as he was off shape change and Thor hit for 2 more. He ended up back on shape change and iron pharaoh couldn't follow up. He used one of his 2 Torpedo's to KO voodoo and I lost the astral doc to his support crew. I then picked off his support with pharaoh and Thor while making him run his centurion around to try and hit godhood or other pick a power click to get Regen. I took out his 100 point witch and 2 jinx's. He hit godhood with his last action as time cleared. Thor was in range for a RS though and I had the disintegration ring on him so for fun I did the next move and roll to see what would happen which was a RS PW on his centurion and 50 point witch. I rolled double 5's so I would have melted the gauntlet and won eventually.

I got my cyclops though and did not get threatened so a much better day

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

drat, I don't think I've ever seen somebody actually get banned from a venue, that sounds pretty intense.

Had my first AvX this weekend too; 500 constructed, must have a faction specific theme team, must use one starter fig, Phoenix force is the only allowed resource. Went ahead with:

PF Emma w/Magik
PF Namor w/Emma
WatX Hope
AvX Magik
PF w/three Shards
Damaged Warbot

Round One went beautifully; despite Emma losing Power Cosmic and missing her opening salvo, she followed up with a hit that blasted down 300 Iron Man and KO'd Victoria Hand (knocked her into a crater with doubles for two clicks up the PF) and Namor following up to KO Iron Man. He just had Tigra and Witch left and it was just mopping up at that point.

Round two was against Sentry/Void, and he surprisingly shut off Power cosmic which wound up helping me more than him as a quick KO of Witch left me with Outwit for both Emma and Namor. Despite that I could never keep him pinned down long enough to hammer away and Donald Blake was the only other KO that game.

Round three basically didn't matter as my opponent and I were both nearly 400 points under the other 2-0s and my faction was losing (dumb people signing up for X-Men and then never actually showing up :argh:) so I went balls out and played way more aggressively than usual. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me; a TK/RS for Emma to Mind Control Xavier, Spidey, & Iron Fist first wavered when Xavier got 6 on Shape Change forcing me to target Witch, whose forced reroll defense turned a crit hit into a 3. After that I could never catch up as he had a four man PF with Colossus on the base meaning he had four figures with Invul and three Mystics.

Oh well, the other two venues are sealed so I don't need to fret with team building for this anymore. It is kind of annoying that Danger and Magik are facing odd directions on the TB though.

Also found out how this venue will be doing WoL: $20 for a one booster partial constructed, or $35 for a two booster sealed if 20 people commit, then $5 constructed for the last two months. It's still a horrible amount of money but I doubt any venue will have a better deal.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 14, 2014

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I wish it was a more exciting story then dude is gigantic rear end in a top hat that comes to clix event to basically pick fights for how worthless his own life is. Stands up and gets in my face when I ask him not to blow hookah smoke in my face. Is thrown out by judge and entire store goes outside to tell him to gently caress off while I am kept inside and calmed down.

Not a good person, not a good night. I did tell him I would punch him right in his face if he ever did that to me again. I may not have helped. I was pissed.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Hilariously, it's an e-hookah. Complete with distracting blue light and scented water vapor he gets to puff in your face and feel all superior about it.

...he also threatened to pick a fight with me like two or three weeks ago, but the judge at that venue is his buddy or something.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

That's definitely the point where I'd take it beyond "talk to the judge" and go straight to both the venue AND the cops. For liability reasons, no store owner in his right mind would want to keep a guy around if they're on actual notice he may pick a fight there.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

That's definitely the point where I'd take it beyond "talk to the judge" and go straight to both the venue AND the cops. For liability reasons, no store owner in his right mind would want to keep a guy around if they're on actual notice he may pick a fight there.

The Judge handled it and spoke to the owner as well. This is an active proactive judge. No worries there. The entire venue hates him, so I imagine he won't be back

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

The Judge handled it and spoke to the owner as well. This is an active proactive judge. No worries there. The entire venue hates him, so I imagine he won't be back
I think he was talking more about my experience, where the judge (who's a store employee) just shined him on and didn't seem to think that was a big deal at all.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Mist Knight & Colleen Wing are up: http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/marvel-heroclix-deadpool-coleen-wing-misty-knight/#axzz2yt7OrwHh

Misty provides some nice ranged and support options to Defenders/H4H, Colleen is a whirlwind of death.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

I think he was talking more about my experience, where the judge (who's a store employee) just shined him on and didn't seem to think that was a big deal at all.

Exactly. If I owned the place and was aware of someone behaving in a threatening manner to others, that person would be out on his rear end in a heartbeat. If the store knows about it, does nothing, and something happens then the store's on the hook too for not trying to prevent harm to someone on the premises. Either the owner doesn't know that or he doesn't know what's going on. If the latter, he needs to be told and that employee gets a talking-to. If the former, he needs to be made aware of the meanings of the phrases "premises liability" and "vicarious liability." :wotwot:

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Playing in this on Friday at local comic book store.

Whole Lotta Love – 600 point game –Silver Age. You must have one comic book couple on your team.

I have no idea what silver age is. If it means older heroclix then I'm screwed. Oldest stuff I have is from The Amazing Spider-Man set which was last year :3:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Seymour Butts posted:

Whole Lotta Love – 600 point game –Silver Age. You must have one comic book couple on your team.

I have no idea what silver age is. If it means older heroclix then I'm screwed. Oldest stuff I have is from The Amazing Spider-Man set which was last year :3:

Ask your venue what Silver Age is because it's a house-ruled format. At ours it's basically all sets with no feats, battlefield conditions, standalone non-horde bystander tokens, resources, or character bases larger than 2x2. At yours I doubt it's quite the same. One common format I've heard for Silver Age is "all carded figures are legal."

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Seymour Butts posted:

If "Silver Age" is fairly loose, then you should easily be able to put down an Iron Man and Pepper/Rescue team. There are about a million Iron Man clix, and Rescue is in every other IIM booster.

Edit: And you can get a TabApp Iron Man (and a Cap and a Thor) for $2.50 at any Big Lots. He's pretty decent.

Red fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 15, 2014

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

If you don't have a Big Lots near you (or if they don't have them) you can also check Toys R Us, either in the video games area or the clearance section.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

If you don't have a Big Lots near you (or if they don't have them) you can also check Toys R Us, either in the video games area or the clearance section.

That's true - TRU has the X-Men pack for $2.98 (Iceman/Wolverine/Cyclops).

Big Lots also has a Dark Knight Returns pack of Catwoman/Bane/Batman for $2.50.

Edit: You may have noticed many shops sell Marquee figures for $1.99 as well. Many sets had a figure that was only available this way - Man of Steel has a 350-point Superman, Chaos War had Vision, and Galactic Guardians had Supernova.

The wife complains about me buying these things, but really, it can be an inexpensive hobby.

Red fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 15, 2014

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Seymour Butts posted:

For my venue every carded set is silver age, with no BFC or feats or that stuff (luckily since I don't understand them). Anything you have that is marvel or dc should definitely be good, but I would still ask. Do you have all the target exclusives from Cap:TWS? It seems like you have most from what you have mentioned. You could do another S.H.I.E.L.D. team with Cap and Agent 13.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Two questions:

1. I bought a 60s Batman Penguin single clix from a singles dealer. Should it have come with the dehydrated henchman pog?

2. My Frost Warrior from TRU is missing some paint on his skull. What (white) paint should I get to fix it? Any suggestions on a brush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Red posted:

Two questions:

1. I bought a 60s Batman Penguin single clix from a singles dealer. Should it have come with the dehydrated henchman pog?

2. My Frost Warrior from TRU is missing some paint on his skull. What (white) paint should I get to fix it? Any suggestions on a brush?

1. As long as you got the card for the figure then you've got everything he comes with. Characters that generate pogs just have it printed on the back of their card, but you can usually print them out from the Print & Play section in the Downloads on Heroclix.com

2. The few times I've done painting I've gone to Games Workshop. Their paint's probably a little more expensive but they have a huge range of colors that work well with superhero costumes and mix well together. I've just got a tiny little brush since I use it almost exclusively for infrequent wet brush touch-up.

• Locked thread