Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

Kurtofan posted:

It's not certain or anything, but Shulk is rumoured to be in, according to the E3/Gematsu leaker.

Besides that, it would make sense to included Xenoblade representation since there's a new game coming up on Wii U.

Shulk is the one that can replace Snake's moveset, right? I really hope that moveset is available even if the character (Snake) isn't, especially for my wife's sake.

J2DK fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
All of Shulk's attacks break through shields

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
You cannot hide from the Monado

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Shulk is in the game but is GameStop exclusive. Each store will stock two copies.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So you mean he's freely available from any retailer in PAL territories and Japan?

That's good to hear.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

greatn posted:

Shulk is in the game but is GameStop exclusive. Each store will stock two copies.

Gamestop Ceo J. Paul Raines confirmed for Smash.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

J2DK posted:

Shulk is the one that can replace Snake's moveset, right? I really hope that moveset is available even if the character (Snake) isn't, especially for my wife's sake.
No. No he can not. On any level.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Shulk has a big red laser sword.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

J2DK posted:

Pac Man's final smash can be the slingshot from the second game. It'll function exactly the same as Snake's final smash.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I couldn't find Shulk in this leaked roster.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've never played Xenoblade, but if Shulk were in, I would think he'd be more likely to replace Ike's moveset, looking at him.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I've never played Xenoblade, but if Shulk were in, I would think he'd be more likely to replace Ike's moveset, looking at him.

It'd probably be something like that, yeah. In game he's somewhere around the middle of your party speed wise, but the big thing about him is he's still getting used to using the Monado, so yeah, that'd translate to a slightly slower and stronger attack style. It'd be hard to guess what his final smash would be though, since he has a few really strong Monado based attacks, none of them really stand out as an "Oh poo poo!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

I really doubt they'd go to the trouble of including a semi-third party character just to give him a copy/pasted moveset.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

I really doubt they'd go to the trouble of including a semi-third party character just to give him a copy/pasted moveset.

Actually Monolith Soft became a first party company shortly after Xenosaga III came out in 06.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

Bicyclops posted:

I wouldn't think so. His whole thing is that his sword has a bunch of magic powers, a lot of which are buffs/debuffs. He doesn't really have much in common with Ike besides using a sword. The real reason we need Shulk in is so that we can get a Reyn assist trophy.

TARDISman posted:

It'd be hard to guess what his final smash would be though, since he has a few really strong Monado based attacks, none of them really stand out as an "Oh poo poo!"

I'd guess either Monado Buster as a powerful attack/insta-kill for either one target or a decently large area in front of him, or something involving seeing the future. Maybe he gets a vision that makes it so he dodges all attacks and does more damage for a time.

Wind God Sety fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 15, 2014

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Guys, if any Xenoblade character is going to be playable, it should be this man:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can forgive a lack of Xenoblade characters as long as the Bionis Leg, complete with the awesome music and the shadow of the Mechonis hanging in the background, becomes a stage. I'm thinking that if anything Xeno-related is in the game, we won't get it til around E3, which is when we'll probably get more X news.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

So hey, Kuribo's shoe should be an item.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

codenameFANGIO posted:

gently caress Waluigi, gently caress Ridley, gently caress Pac-Man, gently caress all the animes from all the RPGs, we NEED this.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Why are the English release titles not "Super Smash Brothers 4 WiiU & 3DS"? Is Nintendo just dumb?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

gently caress all the animes from all the RPGs

Gladly

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

Why are the English release titles not "Super Smash Brothers 4 WiiU & 3DS"? Is Nintendo just dumb?

My friends and I regularly refer to it as "Super Smash Brothers 4 U!"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
3DS needs an Earthbound stage based on Threed.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

greatn posted:

I feel like a Moonside stage would be far more rad. Alternatively a stage that transitions between Fourside/Moonside.

Also while we're on the "things from Earthbound/Mother that should be in Smash4," negative man should totally be random chance replacement for the sandbag. Or the goldeen of assist trophy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Threed. 3D. Threed. See what am doing?

Moonside for WiiU.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

codenameFANGIO posted:

If you're going with this, go all the way: Kuribo's ice skate :colbert:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

They're politely allowing us to get the joke unassisted.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
No they're making me make the joke. I want them to make it. I am livid.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

greatn posted:

3DS will most likely get a Mother 3 stage to keep with the handheld theme.
For that same reason, I'm hoping the 3DS will get a Wave Race stage to compliment the WiiU's pilotwings stage.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I can forgive a lack of Xenoblade characters as long as the Bionis Leg, complete with the awesome music and the shadow of the Mechonis hanging in the background, becomes a stage. I'm thinking that if anything Xeno-related is in the game, we won't get it til around E3, which is when we'll probably get more X news.

I think it would be really cool to see what Nintendo would do with the Eryth Sea. Also, for maximum fan rage, Nintendo should include the really spoilery party member from Xenoblade to ruin it for all the players who haven't gotten that far :twisted:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

SilverSupernova posted:

For that same reason, I'm hoping the 3DS will get a Wave Race stage to compliment the WiiU's pilotwings stage.

I'm surprised anybody remembers that the first Wave Race title was on the Game Boy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SilverSupernova posted:

:catdrugs: Tanetane Island :catdrugs:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i never played xenoblade, is it yet another attempt at telling the tortured xenogears story, the way xenosaga was and failed to be because they needed a budget ten times bigger than what they had?

e: thanks, was just curious.

Excels fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 15, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's not really. Xenosaga was loving awful, Xenoblade is more than passable, as long as you don't take every MMO-esque side quest, because there's a billion of them and they're not worth it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Excels posted:

i never played xenoblade, is it yet another attempt at telling the tortured xenogears story, the way xenosaga was and failed to be because they needed a budget ten times bigger than what they had?

There's no narrative relation whatsoever between Xenogears/Xenosaga and Xenoblade.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
If Shulk were in Smash Bros I bet they would get a whole new American voice for him because 'Silly accents prevent sales'

Im so upset about Inazuna Eleven!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Gutcruncher posted:

If Shulk were in Smash Bros...

Ugh you lame nerds keep saying Shulk should be in smash brothers, why would nintendo even consider putting She Hulk in the game?

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

Gutcruncher posted:

If Shulk were in Smash Bros I bet they would get a whole new American voice for him because 'Silly accents prevent sales'

Im so upset about Inazuna Eleven!

Hey, they didn't give Marth an American voice in Melee or Brawl. Speaking of, I wonder if they'll give him an English voice now that he has a game out in English.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rita Repulsa posted:

Ugh you lame nerds keep saying Shulk should be in smash brothers, why would nintendo even consider putting She Hulk in the game?

Gotta compete with Marvel versus Capcom 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Rita Repulsa posted:

Female Empowerment?

• Locked thread