Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

quote:

Aston Villa have suspended assistant manager Ian Culverhouse and head of football operations Gary Karsa pending an internal investigation.

Gordon Cowans and Shay Given have been temporarily promoted to assist manager Paul Lambert and his coaching staff, the club has said.
Villa did not explain why Culverhouse and Karsa had been disciplined.

More to follow.

Wonder what that's about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I really want big Andy to batter the Arsenal defence up tonight then Kevin Nolan to mop up the leftovers from two yards and do his chicken dance all night long

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Duncan Sperguson posted:

I really want big Andy to batter the Arsenal defence up tonight then Kevin Nolan to mop up the leftovers from two yards and do his chicken dance all night long

He probably will. I have absolutely no clue who's going to play tonight, but it will probably be pretty ugly

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:

Duncan Sperguson posted:

pretty sure Nolan's injured tonight which means Allardyce might actually play someone useful instead (he won't though he'll play Matty Taylor or another of his poo poo mates in his place instead)

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Wonder what that's about

Culverhouse apparently had a bit of a sweary shout at some fans giving him stick a while back, might be to do with that?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Not sure what to expect from tonight. Hopefully winning the semi final on saturday will have some sort of positive effect after a Really Bad loving Month, even though most of the squad are either injured or knackered after playing 120 minutes against Wigan. I guess Källström will start. Maybe Diaby will play a part?? Kinda hope Fabianski starts in goal too, he's deserved it after being excellent in the cup.

I don't think the amount of injured players will be as bad the one listed on physioroom though, but we'll see.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
For the record I would love it if the suspension of his assistants made Lambert resign

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Screen Error posted:

For the record I would love it if the suspension of his assistants made Lambert resign

If that happened would you take him back at Norwich?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

JFairfax posted:

If that happened would you take him back at Norwich?

Of course. I don't think he'd come back though, too many bridges burned

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Shay Given already an AssMan

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Spiffeh posted:

pretty sure Nolan's injured tonight which means Allardyce might actually play someone useful instead (he won't though he'll play Matty Taylor or another of his poo poo mates in his place instead)

It'd be nice if we had Ravel. As it is, with Moncur gone too, the best we can hope for is Noble/Diame/Nocerino. In fact that's literally the only option that doesn't involve Joe Cole or Alou Diarra.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Spangly A posted:

It'd be nice if we had Ravel. As it is, with Moncur gone too, the best we can hope for is Noble/Diame/Nocerino. In fact that's literally the only option that doesn't involve Joe Cole or Alou Diarra.
Nocerino isn't ready for Premiership football just yet, not enough experience *plays Matt Taylor as a midfielder instead*

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Is Nocerino as poo poo for you guys as he was for his last season at Milan? I haven't watched any West Ham games since he went there.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I saw Ravel run the show against yeovil in a 3 nil demolition at loftus road. And Connor wickham's goals probably kept the owls in the championship. Why do poo poo prem teams loan out their stars like this?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Burqa King posted:

I saw Ravel run the show against yeovil in a 3 nil demolition at loftus road. And Connor wickham's goals probably kept the owls in the championship. Why do poo poo prem teams loan out their stars like this?

Ravel is mental and fell out with Big Sam.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Is Nocerino as poo poo for you guys as he was for his last season at Milan? I haven't watched any West Ham games since he went there.

He hasn't played.

Taff posted:

Ravel is mental and fell out with Big Sam.

I'm still pretty sure that it was another case of Big Sam's Big Agent, what with him having a history of doing this and the fact that nobody sued the guardian.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Spangly A posted:

He hasn't played.

Well that answers that, haha. Kinda feel bad for him now.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

His only start was against Stoke but he did pretty well in that. So naturally he was subbed off for Joe Cole.

Maybe with Nolan out we can play Diame in the centre where he can actually play well and put Jarvis on the flank. Although considering Diame did an interview yesterday explicitly saying that he wants to leave, I doubt he'll start today.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Burqa King posted:

Wickham hasn't exactly been great at Sunderland either

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Spangly A posted:

He hasn't played.
hes come on as a sub a few times and looked fine

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

mynameisjohn posted:

But was he as good as MATT TAYLOR?

*misses every free kick for two years*

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Are there any juicy rumors as to why Villa suspended Lambert's assistants?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric Cantonese posted:

Diddling kids.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ungratek posted:

Wickham hasn't exactly been great at Sunderland either

Very generous understatement, this.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Looks like Yaya Toure will be out for 10-14 days, missing Sunderland, West Brom, and Crystal Palace, but being back for Everton. It's Jack Rodwell's time to shine.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

pik_d posted:

Looks like Yaya Toure will be out for 10-14 days, missing Sunderland, West Brom, and Crystal Palace, but being back for Everton. It's Jack Rodwell's time to shine.
*tears hamstring*

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

pik_d posted:

glad he won't miss the world cup

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

Very generous understatement, this.

The only reason he's getting games is because the alternative is Jozy

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

mynameisjohn posted:

He's better than our other midfielders but that's what I meant by "hasn't played". He's easily good enough to start, and he isn't starting. Because he's not Matt Taylor.

Also yeah this ties in to the Ravel thing: anyone that thinks Big Sam isn't being a dodgy oval office should pay attention to the utter poo poo with his agent that keep getting starts.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Although considering Diame did an interview yesterday explicitly saying that he wants to leave, I doubt he'll start today.

Haha whaaaaaaaaaaaaat, I've missed this. I don't really care because he can't pass for poo poo but I don't have any faith in replacing him well.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Spangly A posted:

He's better than our other midfielders but that's what I meant by "hasn't played". He's easily good enough to start, and he isn't starting. Because he's not Matt Taylor.

Also yeah this ties in to the Ravel thing: anyone that thinks Big Sam isn't being a dodgy oval office should pay attention to the utter poo poo with his agent that keep getting starts.

Haha whaaaaaaaaaaaaat, I've missed this. I don't really care because he can't pass for poo poo but I don't have any faith in replacing him well.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9266443/transfer-news-west-ham-midfielder-mohamed-diame-claims-liverpool-interest

I could see Newcastle or United going for him but he's loving delusional if he thinks Liverpool will go after him. Liverpool need some depth in their squad and the £3.5 million release clause is stupidly low but Liverpool aren't in any state that they need to be going after bargains like Diame when they can attract much better players. That said, West Ham are going to get raided in the summer. Reid, Morrison, Cole (granted, he won't be missed) and Diame are all almost certainly gone.

Also, the fact that Noc isn't starting and Armero had to wait until McCartney was injured makes me really angry. Signed a load of decent players on loan and not using any of them. And apparently both of them want to stay but Allerdyce isn't interested in keeping them. gently caress Big Sam.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Spangly A posted:

~rumours~ say you're after Leroy Fer

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Also, the fact that Noc isn't starting and Armero had to wait until McCartney was injured makes me really angry. Signed a load of decent players on loan and not using any of them. And apparently both of them want to stay but Allerdyce isn't interested in keeping them. gently caress Big Sam.

agent fees m8, agent fees.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Blue Screen Error posted:

~rumours~ say you're after Leroy Fer

Wouldn't hate this. Would hate the price.

e; Finn please unlock the gameday thread I promise nobody will talk about you (we'll be busy laughing at Arsenal)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Wonder what that's about

Interesting. I'm all for Cowans being rear end man :getin:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Eric Cantonese posted:

The best rumor I've seen is that Villa will have new owners and they will bring in a new manager come seasons end on the condition that Villa don't get relegated. If they do, the owners will pull out and Lerner/Lambert stay in charge.

So, this is why the team has been so poor lately, because Lambert wants to keep his job and Culverhouse was threatening to expose this sinister plot and lost his job for it.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Awesome Animals posted:

The best rumor I've seen is that Villa will have new owners and they will bring in a new manager come seasons end on the condition that Villa don't get relegated. If they do, the owners will pull out and Lerner/Lambert stay in charge.

So, this is why the team has been so poor lately, because Lambert wants to keep his job and Culverhouse was threatening to expose this sinister plot and lost his job for it.

that is a tasty as hell conspiracy theory

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

i could go for a new owner right about now, but I don't want Lambert to get the sack. I'm attached to him for some weird reason.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Spangly A posted:

Wouldn't hate this. Would hate the price.

e; Finn please unlock the gameday thread I promise nobody will talk about you (we'll be busy laughing at Arsenal)

Oh yeah forgot about that

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

another conspiracy theory i like and can get behind is that hulls owner wants The Tigers to lose against arsenal this weekend because they'll be guaranteed europa league football if arsenal finish in the top four

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

euroboy posted:

another conspiracy theory i like and can get behind is that hulls owner wants The Tigers to lose against arsenal this weekend because they'll be guaranteed europa league football if arsenal finish in the top four
But they'll be guaranteed Europa League football when they tank Arsenal in the final so idgi???

• Locked thread