Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!
Is it possible to -not-install the "Main" module of Skyrim Redone, and use SPERG in its place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Is there any mod or combination of mods that will get the ranged killcams to happen with some frequency? Mine seem to have disappeared, and I tried Combat Drama Overhaul and it doesn't seem to do anything. I really like the ranged killcams and wish I could find a good way to get them to work.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Zarick posted:

Is there any mod or combination of mods that will get the ranged killcams to happen with some frequency? Mine seem to have disappeared, and I tried Combat Drama Overhaul and it doesn't seem to do anything. I really like the ranged killcams and wish I could find a good way to get them to work.

I'm using Dance of Death with the cinematic kill option racked up to 90% or so, which still doesn't fire as often as I want in *real* battles, but goddamn if I don't get killcam 50% or more of the time when whacking wildlife. :smith: "Excuse me while I stutter down to nothing to show that sweet magic arrow...

"Running up the deer's butt.

"Again."

I don't need a killcam of smacking mudcrabs with a giant scythe, I want it when I'm smacking all these OBIS assholes. Also I want some goddamn *decapitations*.

(Although it's amusing as hell to stroll up behind a distracted bandit and *SSSSSCHHHUNKK* impale 'em through the chest. :unsmigghh:)

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Or just grab and beat them over the head with the hilt of the axe until they collapse.

Really, my only beef with DoD is that sometimes the shaking cinematic camera lingers for something like 4 extra seconds on the corpse before snapping back to the real world. And that a lot of the "advancing" kills fire even in the tightest, narrowest spaces.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
GELO's taken care of my boredom with loot. SkyRe and some other mods are adding other awesome things to loot.

Maven Black-Briar has some sort of bow that fires lightning bolts and functions based on soul charge. Mercer Frey has a Nightingale Longbow. :v:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Hog Butcher posted:

GELO's taken care of my boredom with loot. SkyRe and some other mods are adding other awesome things to loot.

Maven Black-Briar has some sort of bow that fires lightning bolts and functions based on soul charge. Mercer Frey has a Nightingale Longbow. :v:

:allears: Ooooh, information please? (Even though I probably can't stuff in *another* lootlist, I already have ridiculous amounts of poo poo.)

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

:allears: Ooooh, information please? (Even though I probably can't stuff in *another* lootlist, I already have ridiculous amounts of poo poo.)

I was so disappointed that the teleporting rear end in a top hat draugr's bow that shoots ice spikes doesn't actually shoot ice spikes, so something like that would be rad

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

WHo wants an Automatic Variants pack for Dragonborn Lurkers?

You want an Automatic Variants pack for Dragonborn Lurkers!

(Shameless self-promotion.)

EDIT: My Improved ASIS INIs are ready for action! REQUIRES the new ASIS 1.4.8. Previous versions probably won't work correctly.

These INIs add support/improve support for Dragonborn, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Apocalypse, Skyrim Immersive Creatures, SkyMoMod, Falskaar, the Populated series of mods and more.

Adds perks and new spells to a literal fuckton of NPCs. Adds a bunch of new random spawn types.

Please try it and let me know what ya think!

Edit: Forsworn Briarhearts using Ash Spray and Lightning Storm. :allears:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 15, 2014

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

I was so disappointed that the teleporting rear end in a top hat draugr's bow that shoots ice spikes doesn't actually shoot ice spikes, so something like that would be rad

We need a Bow Of Magical Effects - enchant a bow with whatever ranged spell you want (or maybe throw a bow, book/scroll and soul gem into the Transmogrifier). Especially if it'll handle "aftermarket" spells, like Forgotten Magic or Apocalypse.

Even more ridiculous option: Bow Of Dragon Shout. :black101: "Hmm, dude is out of range for my Fus." SSSSTHOK! <enemy is blown off mountain entirely by contact-range shout>

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

We need a Bow Of Magical Effects - enchant a bow with whatever ranged spell you want (or maybe throw a bow, book/scroll and soul gem into the Transmogrifier). Especially if it'll handle "aftermarket" spells, like Forgotten Magic or Apocalypse.

Even more ridiculous option: Bow Of Dragon Shout. :black101: "Hmm, dude is out of range for my Fus." SSSSTHOK! <enemy is blown off mountain entirely by contact-range shout>

I remember having an oblivion mod that did that. It was a gun, though.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

EDIT: My Improved ASIS INIs are ready for action! REQUIRES the new ASIS 1.4.8. Previous versions probably won't work correctly.

Edit: Forsworn Briarhearts using Ash Spray and Lightning Storm. :allears:

Nice. Is this a link you will keep updated or will I have to keep changing it as you modify it?

Also did you see the nexus message I sent you?

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

scamtank posted:

Man, OBIS is a mess. At least I managed to fix the invisible bandit masks and take the BOOK OF BANDITS out of every single thug's loot tables.

Share?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

My copy is getting unstable now, so it's time to restart again! :v: I'm having just as much fun modding this poo poo than I am playing it.

I'm getting awful GPU performance on a 680m on Low, somehow.

edit: give me loot mods in exchange, i need interesting loot. i demand interesting loot. :v:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

Nice. Is this a link you will keep updated or will I have to keep changing it as you modify it?

Also did you see the nexus message I sent you?

I plan to upload it to the nexus (so you'll just be able to have a static link), I just didn't have the time today to go through all the uploading steps. If you link to this, please make a note that it's a beta. :)

Yes I got your message, I've just been working on getting these INIs hammered out. :)

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

The Immersive Armors patch for Lootification gives me an error where it says it's missing SPIKE.esm, but when I searched about it, I read that it doesn't exist anymore. Is there an updated patch or do I have to go through and do the Lootification thing for IA myself?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Agents are GO! posted:

I plan to upload it to the nexus (so you'll just be able to have a static link), I just didn't have the time today to go through all the uploading steps. If you link to this, please make a note that it's a beta. :)

Yes I got your message, I've just been working on getting these INIs hammered out. :)

First off: thank you!

Secondly: I noticed you don't exclude the Unofficial Dragonborn patch. I seem to recall ASIS having some sort of odd issue with it. Did that get resolved?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Ynglaur posted:

Secondly: I noticed you don't exclude the Unofficial Dragonborn patch. I seem to recall ASIS having some sort of odd issue with it. Did that get resolved?

If you are using a 1.40.x version of asis and 2.2.x version of boss you shouldn't have problems with it.

Zarick posted:

The Immersive Armors patch for Lootification gives me an error where it says it's missing SPIKE.esm, but when I searched about it, I read that it doesn't exist anymore. Is there an updated patch or do I have to go through and do the Lootification thing for IA myself?

I think you no longer need it if you are using the new version of IA since it now uses scripts for leveled lists. I'm told you just disable its distribution stuff in game with its mcm and lootification will do the rest.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Hmm, from my Googling here behind the Nannywall at work, it appears that it's added to Maven by Skyrim Redone, but is also available via Nexus or the Steam Workshop seperately. Looks like I *can* cram it in there somewhere...

I'm already running Immersive Armor/Weapons, Heavy Armory, the JaySus (I think) swordpack, Unique Bows (I believe) and some other things. Whatever added the scythes, I *love* because DEATH WALKS ON TWO LEGS and all. (Although using them as a Vampire Lord would be loving *awesome* looking.)

What'll be annoying is my Khajit melee run - The Way of Fang and Claw will be incompatible with most weapons, and heavier armors.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

I want to make SPERG smithing perks obey the Morrowloot 4E race limitations/skill hurdles, but the effect tables in the perk records are just... blank. It must be all in the scripts for some reason, but where? I can't find any reference to smithing perks in the source code.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

No problem, and if you have any issues with it, let me know, with as much info as you can. :)

Also, take screenshots if it causes anything awesome, I want some good screenshots for the nexus when I post it. :)

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Well, this is..interesting. So I realized that although things had been working well enough, I hadn't actually run this reproccer thingy that is supposed to help compatibility with Skyrim redone. The reproccer itself also has a patch that fixes a few things with it. So I ran the reproccer via MO and activated the resulting.esp file and a few of the patch files. Skyrim now CTD's on startup. Deactivating one esp file in particular, reproccerdragonborn.esp, gets the game running. Except now all of the equipment stats are far less than they used to be and I can no longer make recurved crossbows at forges, as if the reproccer isn't actually working. WTF is going on?

Edit: I am dumb. Fixed it myself.

Buried alive fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 16, 2014

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

TheStampede posted:

I decided I wanted to start my modding efforts over, and uninstalled Mod Organizer from it's default install location, then re-installed it in Steam's Skyrim folder. I went to start installing mods with SkyUI, but it begins loading the external loader and crashes, with a "NMM CLI has stopped working" then an "Instillation failed" error. I tried uninstalling it again and re-installing to the original location, and I get the same error messages. Not sure what else I could have changed, and other mods install fine. You kind of need SkyUI though, so does anyone have any ideas on how to fix that?

I was having this same issue, I just found a fix for this. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1451650-skyui-mod-organizer-nmm-cli-has-stopped-working/

You have to delete the fomod folder inside the skyui .7z for it to play nice for some reason.

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."
Yeah, I had downloaded and installed the fix the first time, played a bunch, then re installed from my downloads and forgot about the fix. Took me a bit, but it was a head-scratcher for an evening.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash, Ynglaur:
My Improved ASIS INI Files have been posted to the Nexus.

Also, these ones are slightly tweaked compared to the ones I posted earlier, so anyone using them may wish to upgrade.

That is all.

Edit: Hey, what kinda formatting code do nexus descriptions support? Or is that only if youre a premium member?

DOUBLE Edit: Ahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa~~~

The Nexus Chat Rules posted:

Don't act like this is the chatroom for 4chan / Something Awful forums / some other chat room or forum you visit that lets you get away with anything.
:ironicat:

Edit the Third:

Another day with ASIS... :allears:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 16, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

LtSmash, Ynglaur:

Also, these ones are slightly tweaked compared to the ones I posted earlier, so anyone using them may wish to upgrade.

That is all.

Edit: Hey, what kinda formatting code do nexus descriptions support? Or is that only if youre a premium member?

DOUBLE Edit: Ahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa~~~

:ironicat:

Edit the Third:

Another day with ASIS... :allears:

Nexus uses bbcode more or less like SA but with more :nexus: so expect it to not work for no good reason. At one point it turned all my links to external sites to nexus.com/blah links instead. I figured reporting it might get me banned though so I just ignored it. How I relish the freedom to get away with anything on this site.

e: Also the current asis release is 1.40.8, turns out there already was a 1.4.x.

LtSmash fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 16, 2014

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

LtSmash, Ynglaur:
If I fail to endorse you, or ask any questions on Nexus that don't end in verbal fallacio, will you have a melt-down and remove all of your mods forever after leaving a 6000-word manifesto on how nobody appreciates good art?

Oh, wait: you're not Arthmoor. Nevermind.

(Thanks!)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
My save got slow and nearly unplayable after too many mods and ini changes, so I'm doing a fresh install. I'm getting a new relatively high-end video card and I'm wondering if I should just wait until it gets here to start new characters, but either way I'd like a more stripped down modification - really pretty graphic mods/ENB, HD texture mods, a few interface type things, a bunch of user-created DLC questing, some SkyRe perk stuff, and not much else that could potentially be game-breaking again. The constant trial-and-error seems to have bloated my saves the most, so I want to nail down what I want before I get back into it. So I have two questions on that note:

There seem to be a lot of "hi-res" and "HD" texture mods that everyone recommends, but do these not conflict? I'm referring mainly to how there's the unofficial hi-res pack patch, HD graphics texture packs, and individual body/face/character texture packs, etc. How do these work if they're not in conflict?

Are there any combined universal retexturing mods or complete reskins/overhauls that look great so I don't have to install a hundred separate things at once? I know that's been done with previous TES games.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Hmmm. Adopted a couple kids, are there any mods that will allow me to give my bear (SPERG Best Friend) or a Death Hound to the lil' blood repositories darlings?

Also, is there a :black101: SKULL THRONE :unsmigghh: I can add to one (preferably all) of my homes? I'd make a skull pyramid or something, but I bet the vermin would knock it over. (Certainly the bandits moving in would do so. Stupid fucks murdered my bard twice before I could whack them.)

Maybe I need a Steam Centurion stomping around outside the joint...

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
I've got a bug that is driving me insane. When I switch from a spell to a weapon or staff, there's a small hitch that's like half a second but takes me right out of the game.
Anyone have anything similar happen?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Adopting kids sounds awful. What do they do, just hang around your house chilling with the Steward?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Entropic posted:

Adopting kids sounds awful. What do they do, just hang around your house chilling with the Steward?
You get a "rested" buff that improves the effectiveness of potions and healing spells if you sleep in the same house, they can give you gifts and you can give them gifts to get the Gift of Charity buff, and there are a bunch of options for things like them getting pets or playing games with them. It's a bunch of minor stuff that only seems to matter if you're into roleplaying a character.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

A rested buff? Proof that no one at Bethesda has children because they've never had sex. Who the gently caress has/adopts kids to sleep better? Probably only pedophiles...

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Don't forget free meals. :drac:

Also, you can give them shanks, so maybe the next batch of bandits won't be able to just stroll in.

Might have to take the housecarl as a follower long enough to kit her up with overlevelled weapons and armor, too. I expect the bard will be useless no matter what.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Entropic posted:

Apparently they attract vermin and bandits.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

Apparently they attract vermin and bandits.

Nah, my "vermin" above was in reference to the kids. Just owning a Hearthfire place will attract bandits, giants and skeevers, according to the wiki.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

If I fail to endorse you, or ask any questions on Nexus that don't end in verbal fallacio, will you have a melt-down and remove all of your mods forever after leaving a 6000-word manifesto on how nobody appreciates good art?

Oh, wait: you're not Arthmoor. Nevermind.

(Thanks!)

Thats the kind of attitude we get when we let you get away with anything. :smuggo:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Man, Warmonger's Armory is ALSO a mess. It was so goddamn obnoxious to have the forge crafting menu be cluttered by every single variant of every single dragon mask of every single different goddamn material. And all it took was a single condition that checked whether you had one in your pocket in the first place before it's displayed! I have an .esp with the slightly altered recipes here for reference.

I suppose this should work as a patch in the load order. It replaces the leveled list OBIS uses to determine bandit helmets with a version whose facemasks refer straight to Facemasks of Skyrim files - you must have installed that mod and placed FaceMasksOfSkyrim.esp before this thing in your load order or everything is terrible!

What comes to that dumbass book, just crack open OBIS.esp in TES5Edit and remove the "LItemBookClutter" record completely. Don't worry, it's just the default vanilla one with no other changes other than that single new entry tacked on the bottom. Now it only appears in the belongings of bandit bosses, 5% of the time.

Oh and I also changed the bandit bounty trophies to use some different item models (from the default selection) instead of the same old plain silver ring for everything. How lazy is that?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

scamtank posted:

Man, Warmonger's Armory is ALSO a mess. It was so goddamn obnoxious to have the forge crafting menu be cluttered by every single variant of every single dragon mask of every single different goddamn material. And all it took was a single condition that checked whether you had one in your pocket in the first place before it's displayed! I have an .esp with the slightly altered recipes here for reference.

I suppose this should work as a patch in the load order. It replaces the leveled list OBIS uses to determine bandit helmets with a version whose facemasks refer straight to Facemasks of Skyrim files - you must have installed that mod and placed FaceMasksOfSkyrim.esp before this thing in your load order or everything is terrible!

What comes to that dumbass book, just crack open OBIS.esp in TES5Edit and remove the "LItemBookClutter" record completely. Don't worry, it's just the default vanilla one with no other changes other than that single new entry tacked on the bottom. Now it only appears in the belongings of bandit bosses, 5% of the time.

Oh and I also changed the bandit bounty trophies to use some different item models (from the default selection) instead of the same old plain silver ring for everything. How lazy is that?

You are destroying their perfect mod vision! Don't you dare distribute that unauthorized and illegal mod just because this is AwfulChan and you can get away with anything!

Also the next version of ASIS will fix the bug that all npcs didn't come with their own oblivion gate.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash: Do you think you could add the functionality of the NPC Enchant Fix proccer to ASIS? All it does is add two perks to every NPC that let them benefit from enchanted equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

LtSmash: Do you think you could add the functionality of the NPC Enchant Fix proccer to ASIS? All it does is add two perks to every NPC that let them benefit from enchanted equipment.

Yeah I've been meaning to fold that in but haven't quite gotten around to it.

• Locked thread