Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

I think the grey is a downgrade even though the purple was obnoxious it at least gave the forum a custom feel, since the background is mostly invisible except on the edges and at the very bottom it isn't like there really is anything going on. use a color wheel thing and find some nice complementary colors that aren't god awful, probably like an orange/blue would look good

Do we have any artists in DDRD? Artists, HELP! We need a color wheel theme!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

just steal solarized dark's theme because it is basically the best color scheme in the world http://ethanschoonover.com/solarized

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Werthog 95 posted:

drat, i installed to make it look like this but instead there's some dumb background that i can't see and i can't see the hammock either and everything's grey and boring. gently caress this.

I'm going to murder everyone in this thread if you can't make up your minds.
We've now seen what gray looks like. Do we want to go back to fixed lasers or what with purple all up in your grill?
Good thing I put all this poo poo in separate files so I can swap between them easier.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Do we have any artists in DDRD? Artists, HELP! We need a color wheel theme!

you never told me how you got all the banner animals without the ads

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

I think the grey is a downgrade even though the purple was obnoxious it at least gave the forum a custom feel, since the background is mostly invisible except on the edges and at the very bottom it isn't like there really is anything going on. use a color wheel thing and find some nice complementary colors that aren't god awful, probably like an orange/blue would look good

No! Do Not.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

you never told me how you got all the banner animals without the ads

Oh. I made a greasemonkey, but it's not on my work computer so I'll have to link it later.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

just post each of the files problem solved

or just ignore my opinion because lol i haven't been here in like a week. what's up y'all

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how about a super game boy border

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

solarized is the best look at this poo poo

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

also LOL at the terrible transparency on all the forum elements on that phpbb

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

solarized is the best look at this poo poo

It looks like poo poo from my rear end, OP.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I've never had blue poop, I don't think.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

howso? solarized is probably the best color scheme out there man

Dec 26, 2012

Peanut and the Gang posted:

I've never had blue poop, I don't think.

your missing out

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

actually that is modified solarized but whatever. check that poo poo its beautiful

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Agreed.

Can IKs add polls? I want a poll on this thread:

Which flipping color???

PURP

OR

GRAEY

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

obstipator posted:

Which flipping color???

PURP

OR

GRAEY

I like both.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

zen sex robot posted:

I did once, poweraid did it I think

Yeah, poweraid can do that. My poopsocks have been stained blue during long gaming sessions in WoW because of the poweraid.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

pick some not obnoxious soothing colors or go with like the ugly neon xbox interface colors, that purple lazer poo poo was obnoxious, grey is boring

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
The Poweraid gives you the power to make the fantastic poops.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I adblocked the lasers because for whatever reason, after you scrolled down a certain amount, FireFail would start lagging to the X-treme.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

obstipator posted:

Agreed.

Which flipping color???

PURP

OR

GRAEY

I cannot, as far as I can tell. Please keep it gray with icons, and no background.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

you also could just add a switch for color schemes like yospos has with amber/green you could do ugly purple/grey i guess

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

you also could just add a switch for color schemes like yospos has with amber/green you could do ugly purple/grey i guess

*holding back laughter* Uh yeah, we should definitely aspire to be like YOSPOS.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I cannot, as far as I can tell. Please keep it gray with icons, and no background.

you should be able to edit the OP and add a poll but i might be wrong, i know that a previous IK hosed with a poll in one of my threads

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

*holding back laughter* Uh yeah, we should definitely aspire to be like YOSPOS.

ugh how dare you take good ideas from a place you don't like

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pick some not obnoxious soothing colors or go with like the ugly neon xbox interface colors, that purple lazer poo poo was obnoxious, grey is boring

YOSPOS's was funny and cool in the first week, but it's ugly as sin and hurts my eyes. I don't get how some people haven't adblocked it yet.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
thank you for fixing the stylesheet a little bit

please make the boxes look like snes final fantasy text boxes

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

ugh how dare you take good ideas from a place you don't like

The YOSPOS background schemes are unbelievably bad, like the rest of that forum, and with a stylesheet switching button we'd just have one good stylesheet and one bad one that nobody will use.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

zen sex robot posted:

see i have a hard time bitching about the color scheme since i have no real good ideas for alternatives, it's easy to complain but it's hard to actually say "hey try this combo"

it's not like obstipator is obligated to do any of this....just my 2 cents

I have a shitload of freetime and it's rainy and cold the next few days, so I'm gonna mess with this regardless, as long as a common best stylesheet is decided on that doesn't make visitors flee like the unreadable DDRD 1.0 one.

That said, I'm not putting effort into making color schemes and all that unless someone mocks it up in photoshop and people agree that it's good.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

obstipator posted:

Agreed.

Which flipping color???

PURP

OR

GRAEY

As a Saints Row fan, purp.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

obstipator posted:

I have a shitload of freetime and it's rainy and cold the next few days, so I'm gonna mess with this regardless, as long as a common best stylesheet is decided on that doesn't make visitors flee like the unreadable DDRD 1.0 one.

That said, I'm not putting effort into making color schemes and all that unless someone mocks it up in photoshop and people agree that it's good.

I have a good idea for a color scheme: Grey, and gray.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Like the style. It's a good compromise between having a custom feel and being readable like grey forums. Better bg too.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I know some people don't really like the dark colored background, so I tried some art from yoshi island or whatever game this is from. Update to 1.0.14, tia.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

obstipator posted:

I know some people don't really like the dark colored background, so I tried some art from yoshi island or whatever game this is from. Update to 1.0.14, tia.

A+

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

obstipator posted:

This background is better.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I don't like it. I mean, I like it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

this theme is really cool keep it up

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
it's cool how the stylesheet script takes a half second to load so every page load u see that shtity laser css flash before your eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

obstipator posted:

It's cool

• Locked thread