Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sockser posted:

The YJ figures also looked like hot garbage:

That Superboy toy looks like he should be voiced by the Squeaky-Voiced Teenager in the Simpsons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That Superboy toy looks like he should be voiced by the Squeaky-Voiced Teenager in the Simpsons.

Why is my eye drawn to almost every single one of those Young Justice toy's crotches.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Magnus Condomus posted:

Why is my eye drawn to almost every single one of those Young Justice toy's crotches.

lovely dumb crotch joints. They don't even have elbows or knees. I would have been disappointed getting these as a kid. Once you have a toy with elbows and knees the ones without them just feel like trash.

e: I mean, gently caress, if your Flash/Kid Flash/Impulse figure can't bend his loving knees, how's he supposed to run fast?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahaah the new Tom and Jerry looks like Johnny Test.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Seriously, why is it premiering at loving 5:30 PM of all times? The animation looking like some cardboard cutout filter of flash is odd enough, but it came on to almost no fanfare at all. Is CN trying to kill this thing or what?

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Another preview episode of Clarence is on demand.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Seriously, why is it premiering at loving 5:30 PM of all times? The animation looking like some cardboard cutout filter of flash is odd enough, but it came on to almost no fanfare at all. Is CN trying to kill this thing or what?

Possibly, but Adult Swim starting an hour earlier doesn't help now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No.1 Special posted:

Possibly, but Adult Swim starting an hour earlier doesn't help now.

Yeah, Adult Swim has really hosed up CN's evening schedule. I almost missed a new episode of Teen Titans Go because they didn't advertise any show's new time slot at all.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Cheshire looks kinda neat but sheesh. You probably couldn't even remove her mask anyway.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Is that...is that 5 versions of Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern?
Who would want even 1 of those? :psyduck:
The creators of the movie saw it before it came out right?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clarence kinda owns and is much better than UG.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Josh Keaton posted this up on his FB about animation focus groups and why they're terrible.

http://io9.com/green-lantern-producers-comic-explains-why-animation-fo-1563036007

It's a comic by GL:TAS producer Giancarlo Volpe.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Acquire Currency! posted:

It's a cute show, keeps it simple, has fun characters. I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

I liked the first episode a lot better than the pilot.

Clarence has a weirdly charming innocence to him, and I just know too many people like Jeff, so he automatically becomes amusing.

So much better than Uncle Grampa.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Clarence is better than I thought it would be. I was on the verge of not liking it based on his cube headed friend but the pay off of the playhouse chase brought it back. So yes, much better than uncle grandpa.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PicklePants posted:

Clarence has a weirdly charming innocence to him, and I just know too many people like Jeff, so he automatically becomes amusing.

I lost it when Jeff said he would compromise and then just in detail explained the individual steps of his demand. It felt almost Seinfeld esque for some reason.

IanJ
Dec 27, 2003

a real magic skeleton
Wow, you guys pick on Uncle Grandpa a lot. Here and elsewhere I've seen the show become a whipping boy. It's a really fun show that doesn't take itself seriously. It's honest slapstick and metajokes just going for laughs. True, there's not much there for adult viewers looking for deep meaning, but that doesn't make it "bad" by any means as far as shows targeted solely at kids go.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

I didn't like Uncle Grandpa, until I caught a rerun of Cow and Chicken on Boomerang one day. I realized that UG might be dumb, but I watched dumb poo poo too as a kid, and I enjoyed it. It's certainly better than Johnny Test.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Postal Parcel posted:

Is that...is that 5 versions of Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern?
Who would want even 1 of those? :psyduck:
The creators of the movie saw it before it came out right?

Now imagine a toy retailer trying to push this poo poo, having boxes and boxes of it taking up space months after the movie came out, and then hearing pitches for more GL-related merch on top of it. No wonder they wanted nothing to do with the TAS products. :(

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I tried Clarence and thanks a bunch for recommending it. I wasn't sure if I'd pick it up from the announcement earlier in the thread, but man is is a fun show with fantastic characters. I really enjoyed the second episode and I think it painted a much clearer image of what Clarence – both the show and the character – were about.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

IanJ posted:

True, there's not much there for adult viewers looking for deep meaning

I think that's why people rag on it. It has a much more random style than even, to reach back to ye olden days, a Looney Tune. I mean, I don't like it, but I've accepted that it's just not for me, and a lot of kids do like that type of humor (as evidenced by UG's still being on the air), so if that's the case, more power to the kids.

Now JOHNNY TEST on the other hand, those kids are objectively wrong :v:.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If kids like UG that's cool kids like stuff too. It's fine if a show knowingly kicks out deeper meaning stuff in favor of comedy. UG is just not funny to me.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I've never seen Uncle Grandpa, but I don't know if I'd enjoy it because it seems to have a lot of "random" humor. However, there is nothing wrong with a cartoon eschewing deep meaning and being more of a "cartoony" kind of cartoon. I kinda like the few episodes I saw of Wander Over Yonder for that reason.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The first time I watched UG, I sorta hated it but I gave it another shot recently and maybe they were better episodes but I liked it alot more. I still didn't like it enough to go out of my way to watch it mind you but it was pretty okay. Pizza Steve is the best though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wander Over Yonder is a beautiful cartoon, I wish more people watched it. It is more gag-based in its humor but I think it's one of Craig McCracken's best cartoons. It's just plain fun to watch.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Wander Over Yonder is a beautiful cartoon, I wish more people watched it. It is more gag-based in its humor but I think it's one of Craig McCracken's best cartoons. It's just plain fun to watch.

I saw a commercial for it that was 30 seconds of some orange thing screeching "LATER HATER" and decided I was going to go out of my way to never watch that show.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

I saw a commercial for it that was 30 seconds of some orange thing screeching "LATER HATER" and decided I was going to go out of my way to never watch that show.
Oddly enough, "Hater" is the name of the show's main villain.

Yeah, that's a dumb choice. But he doesn't appear in every episode.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Agreed. I love this show, my mom loves this show, my toddler loves this show: it's adorable. And yes, the humor is based around gags but It has a lot of meaningful lessons about helping others, ignoring trolls, etc. I also like the fact that the lovable, helpful character is male and the aggressive, overprotective one is female because you don't see that often in anything, but especially not a kid's cartoon.

I mean, it's a show about a little fuzzy alien fighting a space-lich with the power of LOVE; it's one of my favorite shows ever and I'm so pissed that they moved it to Disney XD because we don't subscribe to that.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So before I left for class that Ben 10 show came on around the same time that insane bay blade show and he transformed into something that looked and fought like an EVA. Is that why everyone likes that show? I stopped to watch the whole fight scene and it looked like something out of Neo Genesis

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

So before I left for class that Ben 10 show came on around the same time that insane bay blade show and he transformed into something that looked and fought like an EVA. Is that why everyone likes that show? I stopped to watch the whole fight scene and it looked like something out of Neo Genesis

I do know that one of his alien forms is an Ultraman reference:

The species' name is even to'kustar.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The MSJ posted:

I do know that one of his alien forms is an Ultraman reference:

The species' name is even to'kustar.

Kinda sounded like he was saying 'Waybads' looked like that too but they lumbered about.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh, then you mean these dudes

Ben calls his to'kustar form Waybig, so these super mutated to'kustars used to take over the earth for several months are referred to as Waybads by him.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 19, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah dudes were loving poo poo up.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

raditts posted:

Never judge a kids' show by its promos—Wander Over Yonder is way more sweet than it is screechy. But like all Disney shows (or at least all the good ones) they release new episodes in a fitful trickle, which can be crazy-making.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I enjoy Ben 10: Omniverse, it looks really snazzy and the writers have a lot of fun. They frequently address the fact that Ben has saved the universe several times yet often struggles with very simple tasks and at one point the Omnitrix guides him to a new alien species via "cold-warmer"-hints.
One thing I really like is the alien designs. Unlike the other 3 shows before Omniverse, this time you see a lot more aliens on a regular basis, including aliens Ben turns into. It's really cool to see civilian forms of Ben's aliens, like these ones:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Cartoon Network shows that disappeared from Netflix are back, but it's later seasons:

Ben 10 s2, s3
Ben 10 Alien Force s2
Ben 10 Ultimate Alien s2
Chowder s2
Cow & Chicken s2
Dexter's Laboratory s3, s4
Ed Edd n Eddy s3, s4
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends s2
Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy s4
Johnny Bravo s2
My Gym Partner is a Monkey s2
Powerpuff Girls s4
Samurai Jack s2

ATHF s2
Boondocks s2
Robot Chicken s2
Venture Bros s2

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

eeewwwwww

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

horriblePencilist posted:

I enjoy Ben 10: Omniverse, it looks really snazzy and the writers have a lot of fun. They frequently address the fact that Ben has saved the universe several times yet often struggles with very simple tasks and at one point the Omnitrix guides him to a new alien species via "cold-warmer"-hints.
One thing I really like is the alien designs. Unlike the other 3 shows before Omniverse, this time you see a lot more aliens on a regular basis, including aliens Ben turns into. It's really cool to see civilian forms of Ben's aliens, like these ones:

So much fun, tho. This week's episode deals with the edgy star of the grim 'n gritty show that makes Ben 10 popular in the entire universe, the show his current partner watched and had made him expect something entirely different out of Ben. They got a real Liefeld student to design this character even.

Kinda bummed that CN's at it again with hiatus, so the two parter where every ben of every reality, including one that freaking fuses aliens, team up has been postponed until who knows when.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

The Cartoon Network shows that disappeared from Netflix are back, but it's later seasons:

Ben 10 s2, s3
Ben 10 Alien Force s2
Ben 10 Ultimate Alien s2
Chowder s2
Cow & Chicken s2
Ed Edd n Eddy s3, s4
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends s2
Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy s4
Johnny Bravo s2
My Gym Partner is a Monkey s2
Powerpuff Girls s4
Samurai Jack s2

ATHF s2
Boondocks s2
Robot Chicken s2
Venture Bros s2

Oh that's dumb. Just put the entire shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So much fun, tho. This week's episode deals with the edgy star of the grim 'n gritty show that makes Ben 10 popular in the entire universe, the show his current partner watched and had made him expect something entirely different out of Ben. They got a real Liefeld student to design this character even.
Haha he even has tiny or shrouded/cropped feet. It's beautiful.