Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Extortion, prostitution, non-drug smuggling. You know, nothing bad, unlike DRUGS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Waffleman_ posted:

Pizza.

Just making so much pizza.

There's a little pizza place I pass by every once in a while called "Gigio's Pizza". Except I keep misreading the sign as "GioGio's Pizza" and just think to myself, "Did you give up on your dream so soon, Giorno?" :smith:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Maltose posted:

Extortion, prostitution, non-drug smuggling. You know, nothing bad, unlike DRUGS.

To be fair, Giorno would actually make things pretty awesome for prostitutes. No slaves anymore, fair pay, the right to unionize.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Oh, and murder. Passione would probably murder the gently caress out of anybody for cash.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Mr. Maltose posted:

Oh, and murder. Passione would probably murder the gently caress out of anybody for cash.

Not just murder. INFINITELY murder them.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Much like the pizza parlor that fronts it, extra murder toppings cost more. Death by hell virus? Costs extra. Improbable shot murder? Extra. Victim not dead but in an eternal continuum of life to death and back? Bring a couple extra suitcases full of euros.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
In my brain, when Giorno landed down in Florida he got his wallet and luggage stolen by a rogue stand user.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
I like to imagine that giorno took after his father and opened a bakery.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

onepixeljumpman posted:

Mob needs a front.

Speaking of Passione, once Giorno got them out of the drug racket, what do you think they did? Protection racket from "rogue" stand users?

I thought Giorno didn't object to drug dealing in general, just selling drugs to children.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
After Part V ended, Giorno decided to write a memoir.

He's still trying to explain King Crimson.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Silver2195 posted:

I thought Giorno didn't object to drug dealing in general, just selling drugs to children.

He's completely fine with kids selling drugs though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
GioGio: "All my life, I always wanted to be a gangster"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

After Part 5, Giorno went to France and did a collaboration with two robots.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

scary ghost dog posted:

No No No No.

GioGio: "I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream that I know is just. That Dream is to be a Gang-Star."

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

No No No No.

GioGio: "I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream that I know is just. That Dream is to be a Gang-Star."

So, the 3rd Street Saints?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

scary ghost dog posted:

You lack the dedication to melodrama it takes to be a Jojo, scary ghost dog.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
So, nobody's seen goodfellas.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I'm imagining Pesci asking Prosciutto if he's funny like a clown.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

So, nobody's seen goodfellas.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'm imagining Pesci asking Prosciutto if he's funny like a clown.

Jotaro got his hat from Morrie's Wigs.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So did anyone notice that both the first and last times we see Joseph Joestar are him getting his wallet stolen by a kid? I realized that when I was rereading part 4. I'd like to think it was on purpose.
It also seemed like it was showing how Josuke was inheriting Joseph's spirit there, with son surpassing father in assholish trickiness.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
If anybody inherited Joseph's tricks, it's definitely Jolyne. She's the perfect balance of Jotaro's badass and Joseph's trickiness.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Josuke got something far more important: the ability to live to an old age.

Ketchupface
Aug 1, 2010

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
What did Pocoloco do with all his prize money? Since there is no Pocoloco Foundation?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

amuayse posted:

What did Pocoloco do with all his prize money? Since there is no Pocoloco Foundation?

Lounged back, and took naps for the next 70+ years.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Became the true villain of JoJolion, mark my words.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I would like to see Pocoloco's descendants in Jojolion though, but maybe the inverse of their predecessor and they are more driven and proactive in handling things.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So I've gotten past the halfway point of part 6... Why do my favorite characters always have to die :(

I had a problem where the fights were nigh incomprehensible for a while though, I still have no idea what the gently caress the feng shui guy's power did.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
It let him find "lucky areas" where he could safely attack from.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

But what was that stuff about touching the dragon about?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dragon's Dream is the Dragon. It has its own personality and because it does it acts independently of Kenzou. It's completely neutral, so it slaps lucky areas on both Kenzou and his opponent and he will even drop hints as to where they are because he finds it unfair that Kenzou naturally knows how it works and tries to keep it hidden from the opponent. If someone actually puts their arm through Dragon's Dream then it can detach their limb so the attack shoots forward at the target and it will reattach with no harm.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 17, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The lucky areas are naturally occurring all the stand does is tell you where they are.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
Speaking of weird Stands, could anyone tell me why when D4C first shows up in the fight with Dio and Wekapipo the onlookers all saw different things happen? I don't get how that jives with the later explanation of how the ability works.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I think the idea was that when Valentine does his thing, it's not a clean dimension jump so the nearby area gets kind of distorted. That feature just gets dropped when he actually starts fighting because even in his most well-plotted arc, Araki is still Araki.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Speaking of weird Stands, could anyone tell me why when D4C first shows up in the fight with Dio and Wekapipo the onlookers all saw different things happen? I don't get how that jives with the later explanation of how the ability works.

The series of events shown was probably a composite taken from several different parallel dimensions, hence the confusion about who shot Johnny. The answer is that everyone did.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Cerebral Bore posted:

The series of events shown was probably a composite taken from several different parallel dimensions, hence the confusion about who shot Johnny. The answer is that everyone did.

No, because they were arguing over what they saw and calling each other liars. It's just typical Araki make poo poo up as you go antics.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Like half the final Jojo antagonists have their stand powers alluded to halfway through only to have those allusions get contradicted or otherwise made silly when the stand power gets actually codified for the final confrontation. Like CJ said, Araki probably just figured he'll give Valentine weird alternate-reality powers but didn't bother actually fleshing them out or thinking them through until near the end.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I just got to the point where Pucci's backstory is being shown. I... can't say I saw the part with Weather Report coming, I thought they were gonna bullshit him being Jotaro somehow.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdZU0h6Lcg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Side note about a subtle touch in the anime: Anyone else notice that the soundtrack for stardust crusaders has a lot of jazz hard-rock fusion on it?

I am taking a guess in that this might be the music that Jotaro's father performs. So we can say the absentee father who they didn't bother to notify about his wife being ill is there in spirit maybe. :allears:

• Locked thread