Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
With how vocal Given has been about how unhappy he has been at Villa for the past two seasons, can someone else confirm that I'm not mad when trying to figure out why he was promoted to an Assistant?

"As players, it's important that each and every one of us take responsibility right now and I'm delighted to play my part in helping the manager and the team go and try to win Saturday"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I'm going "illegal betting" for the Villa assistants. Classic middle management profile.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Maybe someone finally realised that Gary Karsa doesn't actually do anything and no pictures of him exist and Culverhouse made him up for tax purposes

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hoops posted:

I'm going "illegal betting" for the Villa assistants. Classic middle management profile.

They look like the type

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

euroboy posted:

another conspiracy theory i like and can get behind is that hulls owner wants The Tigers to lose against arsenal this weekend because they'll be guaranteed europa league football if arsenal finish in the top four

Wouldn't they get in if Arsenal were to win and finish 5th/6th?

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Mickolution posted:

Wouldn't they get in if Arsenal were to win and finish 5th/6th?

Apparently not, only if the winner finish in the CL spots.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
EDIT: wrong thread

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
That seems unfair. I assume there'd be an extra league place then, yeah?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mickolution posted:

That seems unfair. I assume there'd be an extra league place then, yeah?

The FA Cup winner goes directly into the group stages, while 5th goes to the playoff round, and 6th (when it occurs) goes to the 3rd qualifying round.

Assuming arsenal win the FA Cup and finish 5th, they take the FA Cup winner spot since it's better than the 5th place finisher spot, so the FA Cup runner-up doesn't get the FA Cup spot.

Probably.

I think.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
I'm all about Aaron "Rambo" Ramsey.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

That was a good result, it was very nervy to start but credit to the players for a good performance.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Hoops posted:

I have no idea but we need a bit of a shake up, but i dont think sacking lambert at this stage would be beneficial at all. So it'll be interesting to see.

I have no idea why they are gone though.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I have no idea but we need a bit of a shake up, but i dont think sacking lambert at this stage would be beneficial at all. So it'll be interesting to see.

I have no idea why they are gone though.

I don't know if we ever will either, Villa are always tight-lipped about goings on.

I've read a few reports/forum posts saying that the squad really enjoyed training today without Culverhouse and Karsa, more than they have in a long time. That's good if true and bodes well for the future.

Salt Water Solution
Dec 28, 2005

ROCK AND ROLL IS FULL OF BAD WOOLS

The final nail in the Moyes coffin? Damning.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
Fulham players have been randomly ringing up people who renewed their season tickets to thank them.

Magath's actually done quite a few things to try and get the fans more involved in the club and with the players, saying that he's trying to adopt a more german style of fan involvement. It's fairly shrewd if it's an attempt to shake some of the malaise around the club too.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
They're going to let them stand and have a lager while watching the footy? Sounds almost human.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Primpod posted:

Fulham players have been randomly ringing up people who renewed their season tickets to thank them.

Magath's actually done quite a few things to try and get the fans more involved in the club and with the players, saying that he's trying to adopt a more german style of fan involvement. It's fairly shrewd if it's an attempt to shake some of the malaise around the club too.

This is pretty awesome and I hope they post some clips. Don't think you could ever convince me that a PL player just called me up, though.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I don't really get the slightly weird demented ex act from some Everton quarters towards Moyes, considering things are going well under Martinez and Everton weren't a Big Sam team or anything for the last decade. They might need him back when Martinez gets poached by a team offering him two of everything.

Also I don't give a crap if Fulham go down but I'd like to keep Magath with his Penfold looks and his 'allo 'allo comedy accent.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Primpod posted:

how nice I hope they go down so the season tickets are cheaper ftw

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

Salt Water Solution posted:

The final nail in the Moyes coffin? Damning.

Once you lose the backing of the head chef, you're finished.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am still smacking my lips and rubbing my thighs over the wide play on the left from Marko and Erick. I think they could be the bargains of the season. Of we had a central striker who wasn't a goose then we would have won by five against Newcastle. I was sad to lose big tone p but he has landed on his feet and sparky has been a revelation

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hughes was fantastic at Blackburn and decent at Fulham. His managerial spells ate like Star Trek movies.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Burqa King posted:

how nice I hope they go down so the season tickets are cheaper ftw

They've knocked £100 off them as long as you buy before the 9th of May, which is probably just before we'll know where we'll be playing. Magath has said he'll stick around regardless, and if he carries on bringing through more of our all-conquering youth team, I'll be delighted.

As well as the phonecalls, which are fairly loving cool, they gave out a few prizes given out to people who'd renewed at the Norwich game, too - signed shirts, seats in the director's box, and one guy got to announce the team before the match.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
He was pretty good at man city irrc

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Wazzerphuk posted:

They've knocked £100 off them as long as you buy before the 9th of May, which is probably just before we'll know where we'll be playing. Magath has said he'll stick around regardless, and if he carries on bringing through more of our all-conquering youth team, I'll be delighted.

As well as the phonecalls, which are fairly loving cool, they gave out a few prizes given out to people who'd renewed at the Norwich game, too - signed shirts, seats in the director's box, and one guy got to announce the team before the match.

nice where is it best to sit

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Burqa King posted:

nice where is it best to sit

Atmosphere: Hammersmith
Old-timey dudes: Johnny Haynes
Daytrippers: Putney
Prawn sandwiches, children: Riverside

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Wazzerphuk posted:

Atmosphere: Hammersmith
Old-timey dudes: Johnny Haynes
Daytrippers: Putney
Prawn sandwiches, children: Riverside

if i went to a fulham game id want to sit in the cottage tbh at half time i'd just nip into the kitchen and have a tea

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

Psybro posted:

I don't really get the slightly weird demented ex act from some Everton quarters towards Moyes, considering things are going well under Martinez and Everton weren't a Big Sam team or anything for the last decade. They might need him back when Martinez gets poached by a team offering him two of everything.

There's no way Everton fans would tolerate a second dose of Moyes now that we've seen what a real manager is like.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Remy and Debuchy will finally be back this weekend so Newcastle might finally stop being really poo poo

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Jose posted:

Remy and Debuchy will finally be back this weekend so Newcastle might finally stop being really poo poo

Wanna bet? :v:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jose posted:

Keep being poo poo till the last game of the season please

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

to be fair Remy might give a poo poo so he gets a brand new contract at a new team over the summer

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They're both also going to the world cup so need to not be poo poo if they want to play there

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Jose posted:

They're both also going to the world cup so need to not be poo poo if they want to play there

Benzema is going to be play ninety minutes of every game to be fair

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Headhunter posted:

There's no way Everton fans would tolerate a second dose of Moyes now that we've seen what a real manager is like.

I think the lads down at Taff's Tavern may disagree with you but then they might not disagree with you

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Jose posted:

Yay! Time to start betting Remy to Score.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Awesome Animals posted:

With how vocal Given has been about how unhappy he has been at Villa for the past two seasons, can someone else confirm that I'm not mad when trying to figure out why he was promoted to an Assistant?

"As players, it's important that each and every one of us take responsibility right now and I'm delighted to play my part in helping the manager and the team go and try to win Saturday"

He is doing his uefa coaching badges. So magically his whining has disappeared.

Apparently Lambert fell out with Culverhouse and Karsa, and even the players weren't happy with them.
Villa always lose to shite teams, the only unusual thing this year is their gash home form. No need to sack anyone.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Frankston posted:

I think the lads down at Taff's Tavern may disagree with you but then they might not disagree with you

I think they know what a real winner looks like now

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Leave my patrons out of this. We still believe in Moyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Everyone's favourite anti-semite has decided to go on a pilgrimage instead of holding up the Atletico Mineiro shirt with his usual tremendous enthusiasm.

• Locked thread