Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Syrinxx posted:

Went from 675 to 425 in less than 8 hours in the cap event. What in the actual gently caress. Do I have to buy shields 1.5 days early?

I guess tournament advice isn't in the OP, but you usually should wait to make your big point rush to line up with maxing out with three hours left. Then you throw on a cheap shield. If you can queue up some big point battles, you can try and knock one ot two fights out in the last five minutes. The last few hours are way too crabby to go live and succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I never attack anyone for less than 20 points. They can't retaliate for as much that way.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!

DrowningHarvey posted:

Approved.

If there are any others wanting to join, stay in touch. We should have new slot(s) available soon.

Incidentally, I'm already in this alliance as MisterMet. Please don't boot me!

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I never attack anyone for less than 20 points. They can't retaliate for as much that way.

25 points seems to be the break even - if they are worth less than 25 to you then the opponent will gain more than 25 by countering. I skip up to the point when I'm paying 10 iso to avoid someone under 25 points.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I have to say that lazyCap is crazy strong and my first impressions are that he's gonna be part of my A-team roster. Fundamentally I hate how lazy and copy-paste the devs are, but stat-wise he's worth leveling up to 141. At that level his red does close to 3.5k damage every 3 turns. The AP-damage ratio doesn't get more efficient than this. And when you lay down blue shields in the corner they all stack up, and it can offer absurd protection.

I think my new favorite offensive team at the moment is Lazycap, Hood, and Patch. Patch blasts green, hood uses his yellow to blow up enemy attack tiles, lazycap uses his blue and red to overwrite enemy tiles, hood uses his black to speed up tile recovery, and while you're doing this all your attacks are being amplified by Patch's green attack tiles. The downsides are that there's no health regeneration, purple is wasted, and the computer won't be so smart with this defensively. But offensively I think it's a powerful build.

Future predictions: every team to beat will be composed of lv .141 lazythor, lazycap, and lazydaken.

You're right. He's a monster. I thought I'd hate lazycap but I"m going to have to level that bitch up.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Man, my bracket is insane. 800 points puts me in 9th place with the first place guy having 1100

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Call Me Charlie posted:

Man, my bracket is insane. 800 points puts me in 9th place with the first place guy having 1100

Yeah I always have some SHIELD rear end in a top hat with 1000+ points in my brackets. I bet they assigned their members to join at certain times to make sure they can dominate all the brackets.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Call Me Charlie posted:

The gap between #1 and #2 in mine is like 220 and #1 is up over 1000 too.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Yeah I always have some SHIELD rear end in a top hat with 1000+ points in my brackets. I bet they assigned their members to join at certain times to make sure they can dominate all the brackets.

#1 in mine is LoreNYC, one of the guys in 5DeadlyVenoms which are right on up there with SHIELD and Django Unbuffed.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Snazzy Frocks posted:

8 of the top 10 players in my bracket are already shielded at they are all under 800 :confused:

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
I am planning on getting in the 2-5 rank in the First Avenger and hopefully Bad Alliance can get top 100. Need that gray hulk cover.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Syrinxx posted:

8 of the top 10 players in my bracket are already shielded at they are all under 800 :confused:

Ok, they're clearly just targeting me then. :tinfoil:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

My bracket is unusually calm. Currently 1st at 920. I don't need the blue IW covers, so I think this score will put me in top 5 at least.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah the lightning round rewards are nerfed.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

The lightning round rewards of 1 lovely token and turbo-tanking my rating are still around :smugdog:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Seems that Prime Time is crab time... :sigh:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Syrinxx posted:

The lightning round rewards of 1 lovely token and turbo-tanking my rating are still around :smugdog:

Plus plenty of ISO generally. It's let me get my LCap up a few more levels.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I have managed to change my Facebook linked account to a dedicated MPQ profile, will I get sweet sweet free ISO and tokens now?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ahahahah, the drop rate for those has been abysmal for ages. Most you'll get is a few hundred iso and standard tokens every time you log in.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Better than the nothing I have been getting every time I log in!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

True. In any case you need to link your fb account to other MPQ playing people as well. There's one in the OP but in all likelihood it's ridiculously out of date.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Hired Goons has a free spot, if you are willing to expand us to 10 players (1000hp). We've been getting into the lower end of the HP prizes in events so it's worth it - got 3x50HP two days ago.

Samuro
Aug 28, 2004

I'm going to make you cry like I did when my goldfish died!
Applied to Hired Goons as SuperSkip. Got all the HP for the next slot. Im sandbagging it in Venom Heroic because the roster is just abysmal but I typically end up in the top 50 for events.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Excellent, approved you and promoted you to commander

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
OK so Hired Goons has a free spot again, if you are willing to expand us to 11 players (1100hp) :D

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Pizza Dog, wake up. A black hulk cover is pretty sweet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

CaptainScraps posted:

I blasted up to 600 points and shielded (currently 11th) in my bracket this morning. Quickest I've done it; every opponent was worth 35 points or more to me. Not sure if I got lucky, I'd they've tweaked the matchmaking, or if doing some tanking in the villains tournament helped.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If someone with currently 300-400 points in lazycap tournament wants to get a black hulk cover let me know in the next 10 minutes!

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

CaptainScraps posted:

Man, I'm surprised we're not getting that one.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Sefer posted:

Man, I'm surprised we're not getting that one.

I'm sad we didn't, I really want to poo poo greens everywhere. But there are a LOT of 20-man alliances now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Hulk PVP event is up now. Rewards are Torch and Moonstone again. Does that mean more Torch events or an upcoming Moonstone one?

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
I think I'm just about done with this game. I don't know if it's the times I play or what but I just can't get into the three-star rewards consistently enough to make any progress. I'm sick of using the same three characters I've been using since I started playing. I'm sick of getting nudged out of the top 50 at the very last second in every loving pvp event I get into. I'm sick of other people getting showered in free poo poo because they lucked into a decent alliance. I'm sick of this game's bullshit all around. There are better things I could be doing with my time.

slightlyslow
Aug 19, 2002
Cheer up, emo kid.
Well, it looks like even for a 20-person group for these tournaments with better rewards we're going to need just about everyone to get at least 3-400 points to get the cover rewards.

I'm guessing the cutoff for top 100 was around 10000-11000 for the cap tournament, which would require an average of 500-550 points per person to get.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

In the lazycap tourney I personally ranked 4th, our alliance came 6th place, and now I got a fully-covered 4/4/5 Hulk. :smugdog:

Gonna run him with Patch and make the board explode into green :feelsgood:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

For people without leveled up 3 star dudes, this Hulk tourney is a good place dust off your Daken.

My dream team is currently Hulk, OBW, Daken. The strike tiles affect both the match damage and the espionage damage for Black Widow. With 6-10 tiles you can be matching purple/blue/black for upwards of 1k damage per match while stealing their AP and keeping your team healed.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Do I need black Hulk covers? :ohdear:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mister Macys posted:

It generates greens when he takes damage, combine with a healer and a wolvie/daken that means poo poo tons of damage all around.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Syrinxx posted:

For people without leveled up 3 star dudes, this Hulk tourney is a good place dust off your Daken.

My dream team is currently Hulk, OBW, Daken. The strike tiles affect both the match damage and the espionage damage for Black Widow. With 6-10 tiles you can be matching purple/blue/black for upwards of 1k damage per match while stealing their AP and keeping your team healed.

I never developed Daken because I needed the cover space for the three star characters that let you actually participate in the various events (but are otherwise useless).

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
While this game requires you to play intensively for that last two hours of a multi-day tournament, my interest in trying to win big prizes is starting to go down. I can play for a few hours in any new tournament and get up to 500-600, but unless I have HP to burn it means virtually nothing. I was at 600-700 with four hours left in Lazy Cap and still only ended up in top 100, down from 14.

The collection aspect of the game is getting worse with more and more new heroes but no mechanic for getting the covers you need, levelling is getting harder with lower and lower ISO rewards for playing stages (I played multiple stages in Venom heroic for 15+ times without getting all the rewards).

I'm not sure the bejewelled gameplay can hold me on it's own if things keep going in this direction for much longer.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Syrinxx posted:

With a level 141 Hulk, this makes it almost unfair. Plus, Daken is pretty much protected by the other characters because he's not strong enough.

Mister Macys posted:

I think the ideal Hulk is 5-3-5 because red, even though powerful, has the potential to do more harm than good if you accidentally miscount 11 tiles instead of 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Mister Macys posted:

Yes.

5 black Hulk covers is a must and IMO the only color that matter. Green and red is up to you.

If you want a more defensive Hulk go 5/3/5. Much more idiot-proof for the AI to spam green and cause a cascade.

If you want an offensive Hulk with one-shot ability go 3/5/5. Problem with this is that the AI isn't really smart enough to save up green and use it properly.

If you don't have any particular preference go 4/4/5. Overall the main purpose of Hulk is to serve as a massive hitpoint meatshield and jump in front right when a big attack is about to come and generate green AP.