Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I kind of miss the weird over-complicated games. Just about everything has been a straight up fight since the start of the chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Reiche posted:

He really, reeeaaalllly needs to finish this arc and take off as much time as he needs to get surgery and fully recover. He's even said himself that his wrist doesn't allow him to tell the story quite how he wants, especially with fights. I've definitely noticed a drop in the quality of the action scenes and it's a little bothersome as a fan.

I wonder how much pressure him/other Korean web comic artists get from Naver. I imagine it's not quite like webcomics in the US where they're self-published.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Chapter 104

The poo poo continues to go down.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Kind of hoping it's Rachel under the mask there.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs

Gyges posted:

Kind of hoping it's Rachel under the mask there.

That would actually be kinda perfect, making it the second time Baam was chosen for something instead of her.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I've just completely forgotten about Rachel by now. Seeing her show up suddenly just to die off would be really fitting I think and now it's what I'll be looking forward to the most.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Nah, that guy isn't nearly crazy enough to be her, I think.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Chapter 105

Rocks fall, everyone dies. It's a fairly decent chapter

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Does Reflejo have eyes painted on his sewn-shut eyelids? Jesus gently caress. :psyduck:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
That was what it looked like to me.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
I want that last page to actually be a huge rear end laser beam via Thornpower instead of what Leroro's dialogue implies.

But yeah, I think that red eye symbol is Zahard's symbol so that being put over Reflejo's blinded eyes is probably emblematic of how hosed up Zahard's grip on society is!

booksnake fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Mar 31, 2014

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

booksnake posted:

I want that last page to actually be a huge rear end laser beam via Thornpower instead of what Leroro's dialogue implies.

But yeah, I think that red eye symbol is Zahard's symbol so that being put over Reflejo's blinded eyes is probably emblematic of how hosed up Zahard's grip on society is!

While what happened to Reflejo is pretty hosed up, he sure is a vain little poo poo. I was the prettiest, now I'm going to burn it all down because I'm no longer pretty.

Oh, and my family's dead. Guess that too.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Maybe we read different translations or something but he was clearly talking about how pretty one of the Zahard princesses was, not how pretty he was.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Irony.or.Death posted:

Maybe we read different translations or something but he was clearly talking about how pretty one of the Zahard princesses was, not how pretty he was.

Which was weird to me. How isn't androssi's many fans all dead yet then?

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Soylentbits posted:

Which was weird to me. How isn't androssi's many fans all dead yet then?

From the text I thought it he was blinded by the family of a princess candidate rather then anyone directly dealing with Zahad.

But this is Tower of God. For all we know it may have been a Fan boy purge.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

He may have gotten too close to whichever princess this is and triggered something.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
It probably just varies from princess to princess.

e: A sentence I did not think I would be typing when I woke up this morning.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Irony.or.Death posted:

I went and reread it. Somehow I read IT WAS UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL as I WAS UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL. So, whoops on my part.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I decided to do a re-read even though I only started reading like two months ago, and god, Baam looks like such a little dweeb at the beginning of the series.

Also, seeing his devotion to Rachael just makes me feel really ugh. She's a very good bad person, because I definitely feel like I want to see her beaten up.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 1, 2014

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/02-106/2/

:swoon:

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 6, 2014

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Well poo poo. Fight ended just as I was beginning to get interested in it.

I don't know whether to be annoyed at that or glad this plot tumor is finally over with.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Since it looks like things are wrapping up I hope SIU gets some time off to get his wrist/hand problem dealt with.

I don't know how popular it is to ToG by comparison but Noblesse has had the past like 6 weeks off so maybe Naver will allow it. :ohdear:

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
We didn't get to see the fighting guitars :negative:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Haha well, one of the most powerful people in the Tower just showed up, probably angry at Mr. Old rear end in a top hat.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Haha well, one of the most powerful people in the Tower just showed up, probably angry at Mr. Old rear end in a top hat.

Want to see that fight. The fights so far in this tournament arch have been underwhelming.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Who? Are we supposed to recognize that shoe?

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.
It's one of the family heads, the researcher guy with glasses we've seen a couple times at the beginning of chapters talking to somebody. I don't think we know much else about him at the moment but he's a top ranker

this guy

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Yeah Gustang's the only important character with a cigarette and white pants and shoes so far, don't blame anyone for not recalling him, though.

He's the only family head we've even seen up til now.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 11, 2014

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Part Two End

http://www.mangapanda.com/tower-of-god/187

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Well, that was nice. Hopefully SIU's rehab won't be too bad and/or long.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
Pretty sure Part 2 isn't actually over, just this arc. And SIU confirmed on twitter that there'll be a couple more chapters before the hiatus. No idea why he thinks that he needs to tease us with the leadup to the next arc but what can you do.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
Well, nice to see that someone on the Establishment side actually Will intervene if FUG or similar factions gets too uppity. I was starting to think it getting out of hand with FUG deploying Rankers to gently caress with relatively low-ranking Regulars.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Alectai posted:

Well, nice to see that someone on the Establishment side actually Will intervene if FUG or similar factions gets too uppity. I was starting to think it getting out of hand with FUG deploying Rankers to gently caress with relatively low-ranking Regulars.

Yeah I was starting to get a "great and powerful wizard of oz" vibe from the families with how little focus they'd been getting. Nice to see they're legitimate threats.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
So is the implication here that Hwa Ryun was working for Gustang since the beginning? It'd make sense if he'd only been involved from the start of the arc because they were loving with the workshop, but everyone seems to play the long game and he's supposed to know what's going on in the tower more than anyone.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Tiramisu posted:

So is the implication here that Hwa Ryun was working for Gustang since the beginning? It'd make sense if he'd only been involved from the start of the arc because they were loving with the workshop, but everyone seems to play the long game and he's supposed to know what's going on in the tower more than anyone.

Could be, the guy is supposed to have a special interest in the guide position.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Man, it kind of boggles the mind how big the cast of good guys is now. SIU really needs a few excuses to get most of them out of the story.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah I hope the next arc/floor we're down to just Baam and a core crew again.

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
queue George RR Martin

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

TheDemon posted:

Man, it kind of boggles the mind how big the cast of good guys is now. SIU really needs a few excuses to get most of them out of the story.

It's Tower of God. They gonna die.

I'll miss you Androssi but you admitted to trying to date someone on live tv. Zahard is gonna moider you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Good thing they didn't show Baam on tv, or else the rest of the zahard princesses probably would have started a revolt for the chance at dating him. Dude is just irresistible to princesses.