Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Sprecherscrow posted:

Don't forget his insane best friend*, noted hater of knee joints and ligaments Mazakazu Imanari.

*I don't know if they're actually besties, but they do train together.

Oh I think they're pretty tight.

wooger fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Panama Red posted:

Okami was really impressive in that he never really seemed to lose control of the direction of the fight and even though it might have been a "boring" fight (save for the brief GnP) from the standpoint of watching one guy neutralize another guy so completely it was interesting to watch.

Have you ever heard of Jon Fitch

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dangersim posted:

NooooooOOOooooooo

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Dangersim posted:

No, but I'm new to the UFC so I'll add him to the long list of guys to look into. Does he have a similar style to Okami?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Sound the horn!

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Panama Red posted:

edit: Also curious if there is a good MMA podcast people recommend, most of those that I've tried are fairly Opie & Anthony-style, and I'd like one that was just news and analysis without a lot of macho sideshow (I suspect that may be a bit much)

My favourite MMA podcast is "The co-main event podcast". Just two MMA journalists discussing the news, but its well delivered and funny. Not macho.

I think Sherdog podcasts are *sometimes* worthwhile, specifically anything presented by Jack Encanacao is great. That means Beatdown when its a roundtable show (breaking down an upcoming event), plus the separate Sherdog rewind podcast, where MMA legends are given in depth interviews.

MMA hour is about 4 hours long, and varies wildly, so hard to listen to regularly.
MMA Beat is a shorter news roundup by the same team, and much better IMO.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

kensei posted:

NooooooOOOooooooo

rip

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

red19fire posted:

Was this around the time he was spinning in the chair and awkward as hell on live television for UFC on FOX?

He bellyaches about everyone he's supposed to fight. He's like the UFC's Mayweather, he'd make actual title contenders do bizarre fraternity initiations while handpicking tomato cans from a coma ward if he could. Torpedoing UFC 151, the bentley full of strippers, the eye-raking; it's like he set out to be the most hypocritical fighter possible.

The loving herbest.

Lets not forget he headbutted in the first 4-7 UFC fights he had.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Panama Red posted:

I just watched this on Youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40DZKndiM4 ) and Rogan kept saying that the judges would be giving the points to Rory because Rory was on top. Does the UFC really work this way? Because I could see how it would advantageous for a BJJ guy to be underneath rather than on top, and to me it seems that control is more important than positioning, and Condit never really looked like he was of control. In fact with that "meathook" locked in Rory didn't seem to be able to do much of anything (and he didn't).

It's not the UFC that works that way, it's MMA judges who usually overvalue top position over anything the guy on bottom does. That's often not a bad way to evaluate it since the guy on top IS usually the one throwing more strikes and causing more damage while controlling position, not all fighters are as active on bottom as Condit is and it's why most fighters do their best not to get taken down. We sometimes get decisions where the more active guy on bottom loses to the lethargic guy on top (as was probably going to be the case in that Condit/Rory fight) but as you get more into MMA you'll start getting used to the awful judging, the UFC president is very outspoken about it.

Panama Red posted:

No, but I'm new to the UFC so I'll add him to the long list of guys to look into. Does he have a similar style to Okami?

Okami is but a disciple of Grind King, Jon Fitch.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 16, 2014

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Dangersim posted:

He's known, knows, and will always know Jon Fitch.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

wooger posted:

MMA hour is about 4 hours long, and varies wildly, so hard to listen to regularly.
MMA Beat is a shorter news roundup by the same team, and much better IMO.

Thanks for this. I would probably get overloaded with 4 hours of stuff.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Pick some Joe Rogan podcasts where he has MMA folks. The kinda recent one with Matt Serra is fantastic.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Panama Red posted:

Thanks for this. I would probably get overloaded with 4 hours of stuff.

seriously though if you watch one fitch fight, make it fitch vs. erick silva

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Pick some Joe Rogan podcasts where he has MMA folks. The kinda recent one with Matt Serra is fantastic.

The Chael Sonnen one was the best.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
No, Fitch/BJ because it's a great fight and BJ cries

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Does anyone have that video of Chael really obviously blazed talking about God only knows what with a Diaz brother or Eddie Bravo?

Also, why does Jones have to be one of the coolest fighters in the cage and lamest out of the cage? I'm still one of the last Fedor (in his prime) fans, but Bones is too far for me because he just seems like a straight up petulant child.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

Does anyone have that video of Chael really obviously blazed talking about God only knows what with a Diaz brother or Eddie Bravo?

Also, why does Jones have to be one of the coolest fighters in the cage and lamest out of the cage? I'm still one of the last Fedor (in his prime) fans, but Bones is too far for me because he just seems like a straight up petulant child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBn0lIpNtEs

Anderson Silva - Kicks like a fighting chicken, fights like a kicking chicken

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

LobsterMobster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBn0lIpNtEs

Anderson Silva - Kicks like a fighting chicken, fights like a kicking chicken

I find new ways to rediscover my Sonnen love every day.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Marching Powder posted:

seriously though if you watch one fitch fight, make it fitch vs. erick silva

Fitch vs Hendricks for the best Fitch moment if you ask me.

Speaking of bloody elbow it is really the only MMA news site I go to because I like the format for mobile but they have hands down the dumbest people who post in the comments section. Turns out that after listening to the Tim Kennedy interview audio I kind of like the guy. I've always wanted Bisping to lose whatever fight he is in but I wasn't sure if I liked Tim Kennedy because he has not been that fun to watch. Turns out Tim Kennedy is a pretty decent guy and I hope this is Michael Bispings last fight because I really hate watching him fight.

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 16, 2014

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He's known, knows, and will always know Jon Fitch.

yes.

p.s. can we please band together and get a Diego YES! smiley thing? We need it. I got $5 on it.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

quote:

anyone seriously trying to defend Jones here needs to remove his balls from their mouth, because he doesn’t like that kind of poo poo.

i am really enjoying this and thanks Vince McMahon

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Judges score rounds in many different ways, like how much time is spent on the Bid Lite logo at mid-octagon.

The best post and still the funniest criteria given for "Octagon Control" that I've ever heard.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

It was great because it wasn't like "this is my interpretation" it was he literally thought that was the rule.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Dont buy Jon Jones PPVs dudes and dudettes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Greg Jackson posted:

Go check on Instagram, call people fags.

He just listens to his coach too much, that's all.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Meat Recital posted:

Every Jon Jones fight in the UFC has been good.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Meat Recital posted:

Yeah sorry dude but if I'm gonna stop watching fights because said fighter has a personality flaw hoo boy do I have news for you.

John Mirra fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 16, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Log posted:

\Also, why does Jones have to be one of the coolest fighters in the cage and lamest out of the cage? I'm still one of the last Fedor (in his prime) fans, but Bones is too far for me because he just seems like a straight up petulant child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zz2vjKpSos

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

You should talk to MMAnytt about this too

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm not an expert or nothing but that's some drunk posting poo poo

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Lost For Words posted:

Nah, he didn't check in from a utility pole

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@marc_raimondi posted:

Oddly enough, I asked Jon Jones just yesterday if he thought the UFC was ready for a gay male fighter. He preferred not to comment.

In case you needed further circumstantial evidence that Jon is a homophobe.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I hope Liz punches him in the face.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I hope Jones completes his heel turn by just lead blanketing Glover for 25 minutes. At least there wouldn't be a disconnect between the cool poo poo he does in fights versus the turd poo poo he does in life.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Captain Log posted:

I would imagine that becoming the literal best in the world at something about three years after you start it probably doesn't do a lot for your sense of humility, and given that he decided to start fighting because he knocked up his girlfriend and needed to make some money he was probably a bit of a dope to begin with.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lost For Words posted:

dude's a drunk is what I'm saying

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I know it's later this month, but:

UFC 172 - Snitchster Christian Smells the Glove(r)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I remember clear as a (drunk) bell watching Jones debut against freaking when he walked out to Angry Johnny by Poe. I fiercely (drunk) proclaimed this man was going to be a champion and kill Bonnar, simply because of his bad rear end choice in walk out music. I looked smart.

But I bet fucker just picked the song without a clue who Poe is. God damnit.

The Maroon Ninja
Sep 19, 2005

Olmeethee, Woolyaayen, Onthecanabeedum
dumbarroomdingum
Given his latest series of tweets, I think this song by Poe requires examination:

Poe posted:

Johnny, Angry Johnny, this is Jezebel in Hell
I wanna kill you, I wanna blow you...away

I can do it you gently
I can do it with an animal's grace
I can do it with precision
I can do it with gormet taste

Chorus:
But either way
Either (way), either way
I wanna kill you
I wanna blow you...
Away

I can do it to your mind
I can do it to your face
I can do it with integrity
I can do it with disgrace

I think someone who thinks someone else is confused about their sexual identity is confused about their own sexual identity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
its about a character from a bad book writing letters to her son

• Locked thread