Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
Yessssss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Chef Arus, warming cockles and ovens since 2012.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

central posted:

It's good that this patch has brought so many goons back to the game. Unfortunately it also seems to have brought back some lovely attitudes that would be right at home on the official forums.

"zones are full, meh, events still aren't worth doing"
"game is only focused on pvp, so much for play how you want"
"new trait system is hosed and too complicated, gj anet"
"what about all the skins I already salvaged/deleted??????"

My favorite so far though is that Anet releases the most extensive quality of life patch since release, containing features that the players specifically asked for, and somebody ragequits.

Maguuma's community is usually pretty chill for an MMO, but yesterday I noticed an outpouring of complaining and negativity both in-game and on the forums. I haven't seen that kind of attitude be so pervasive since I stopped playing World of Warcraft.

The first day of any patch that alters the game this dramatically will always be rough, with everyone scrambling to adjust, but still! Maybe some of it comes from Megaservers, which filled otherwise quiet maps and let whiners broadcast their opinions on patch day everywhere. I wonder if some of the crowd stampeding back to the game are getting overwhelmed and contributing to the low spirits, too. I wish more people could relax and enjoy freed-up bank space and account wide dyes. :(

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 16, 2014

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Map chat seems to have divided into RPers vs non-RPers.

lazy old sun
Feb 12, 2007

So I think I'm going to celebrate the patch by esporting. Can anybody recommend a warrior or guardian build for somebody who doesn't really know what they are doing?

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Dugong posted:

Map chat seems to have divided into RPers vs non-RPers.

Why you'd use map chat for that poo poo is beyond me. I have to assume those that do are either too stupid to realize that there's a local option or are doing it on purpose to rile people up with gross ERP or something.

Either way I have both map and say chat on a separate tab away from the channels I actually use to make ignoring morons simpler. It's nice.

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

So why do people think getting no traits til level 30 is the end of the world? I'm doing just fine as a new necro...

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Because it's new and different and therefore Bad.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Are all the pet classes still mediocre? What's the laziest class to play, I mostly just care about PVE and exploring.

baram. fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 17, 2014

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
I just played PVP semi seriously (not /dancing the whole time) and my results were ok. my first match I glitched into a wall, which was hilarious and apt. After that I joined some SFD folks, they carried me while I mashed buttons. It was pretty fun.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Traxus IV posted:

They also rebalanced the early zones to take it into account.

Baram posted:

Are all the pet classes still mediocre? What's the laziest class to play, I mostly just care about PVE and exploring.

No, rangers pets are excellent now. They work as soon as you switch to them instead of doing nothing for 3 seconds. F2 also works properly.

Warrior or Ranger are the lazy explorers.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Bret Hart posted:

So why do people think getting no traits til level 30 is the end of the world? I'm doing just fine as a new necro...

Traxus IV posted:

Because to hell with 80 levels.

Regardless, it really feels awesome finally playing my own character in sPvP. The disconnect was bigger than I previously thought it was.

Batham fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 17, 2014

Stopwatch Crash
Sep 30, 2008

Bret Hart posted:

Yeah, that change actually sounds great for the characters I don't have to 80 yet. A lot of the traits at low levels didn't really do much other than give stats, so having to spend less time worrying about them sounds like a good deal.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I find it weird that anyone can survive the terrible crap that was Scarlet and be okay but then an actual patch to improve the quality of life in general comes out and all hell breaks loose and everyone goes to crybaby butthurt ragequit land. Must be fully populated thanks to MEGASERVER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eWF6C9JmHo&t=35s

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

I find it weird that anyone can survive the terrible crap that was Scarlet and be okay but then an actual patch to improve the quality of life in general comes out and all hell breaks loose and everyone goes to crybaby butthurt ragequit land. Must be fully populated thanks to MEGASERVER.

Change, man. gently caress change.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

Change, man. gently caress change.

It's like this is Obama in patch form. Some people just aren't ready for it.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
I'm 46 globs of ectoplasm short of finishing my legendary. Thanks, MEGASERVER.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Crimsonbeak posted:

Well I guess I better start WvWing more

I got 255 bonus WvW chests, they are real I get one every time I level and they've stuck around after that last patch!

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

I just played PVP semi seriously (not /dancing the whole time) and my results were ok. my first match I glitched into a wall, which was hilarious and apt. After that I joined some SFD folks, they carried me while I mashed buttons. It was pretty fun.

Congrats on your first steps into a larger world :3:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Baram posted:

Ranger tears through open-world PvE and is actually desirable now (with a reasonable build) for dungeons. Plus, you'll never be alone! I suppose that applies to mesmers too but it's a lot less creepy when it's a dog instead of holograms of yourself.

Mesmer, engi, ele, and thief are all kind of buttonsy or have some kind of micro, even when leveling.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

central posted:

My favorite so far though is that Anet releases the most extensive quality of life patch since release, containing features that the players specifically asked for, and somebody ragequits.

Unless they're bitching about inane poo poo, so far all the people i've seen quitting are the ones who feel cheated out of their money due to how they hosed up handling town clothes. Apparently there's a lot of people pissed about how they handled town clothing conversion into tonics.

They are entirely justified to feel pretty burned too. Anet's idea of issuing refunds appears to come in gems from the last three people I talked too, not cash. So the people who are fine with the conversion but just want their money back can't even get that one consolation.

Really, the rest of the patch is great/interesting except for their handling of town clothes. Someone ought to get slapped upside the head for that since it's a black mark on top of an otherwise great QoL patch. You never gently caress over people's purchases like that unless you want a large part of the consumer base howling for blood/bitching endlessly until it's fixed. GW2 isn't the first MMO to make that mistake either.

Visidan posted:

My shorts.

You'll take your poo poo colored shorts and like them. :unsmigghh:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 17, 2014

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
My shorts.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Dusks are seriously going for 1000 gold now, I mean, jesus. I feel bad for anyone who didn't buy one on the ground floor years ago with Chinese gold, and are still farming trash drops in a futile attempt to consistently pass the inflation breakpoint.

Bu....but GW2 has no carrot on a stick treadmill! fuckinglol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Monomythian posted:

Dusks are seriously going for 1000 gold now, I mean, jesus. I feel bad for anyone who didn't buy one on the ground floor years ago with Chinese gold, and are still farming trash drops in a futile attempt to consistently pass the inflation breakpoint.

Bu....but GW2 has no carrot on a stick treadmill! fuckinglol

You mean inflation happened, combined with insane demand for an incredibly rare and valuable item?

You've turned into a typical GW2 forums pubbie, Mono.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Real OGs Mystic Toilet exotic GSs for their Dusk :smug:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Visidan posted:

My shorts.

I'd salute 'em.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Hey, Anet, maybe unlock Deathmatch for every map instead of that one map you released that heavily favors AoE...

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

You've turned into a typical GW2 forums pubbie, Mono.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_6RlO5XZM

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
People are claiming World Bosses are 'Bugged' since they actually have mechanics now and are more than just loot pinatas. :downs:

Edit: Having to spend all my karma on temple skins I will likely never use. drat you Anet.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 17, 2014

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Are these world boss trains a new thing or something because drat! It's like that first worm event outside of Divinity's Reach during beta all over again :o

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Imaginary Friend posted:

Are these world boss trains a new thing or something because drat! It's like that first worm event outside of Divinity's Reach during beta all over again :o

No and they get very angry if you don't follow their rules so it's lots of fun.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Just so I'm clear, if I were to get the Pirate outfit, would I be able to wardrobe it over my gear or would it be a tonic?

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
It would go in the outfit slot, it is one piece of armor that goes over everything else. You can wear it in combat.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Anet buffed all the mobs in Fractals, now harpies in uncategorized are hitting for 10k. :fun:

(They still drop poo poo loot though.)

What was once a 2-3 min fight on bosses is now a 7-10+ min fight for the same loot since they about doubled mob health and damage. Fractals are now even more pointless than usual.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 17, 2014

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
Is gw2spidy down for anyone else, or did they move somewhere else?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Boy, Edge of the Mists was a little disappointing tonight. We had some nice battles going where we were outnumbered 3:2 or even 2:1 at some point AND DRIVING THEM BACK. I must have tagged 20-30 in one battle alone and was downed twice, but rallied both times.

And then the commander (I can't remember who) says, "All right, let's get back to capping". While I know the vast majority are there to zerg with the Karma train (choo choo, motherfucker), it was a little disappointing. Maybe I should should start queuing up for EB or one of the borderlands instead.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

jaegerx posted:

No and they get very angry if you don't follow their rules so it's lots of fun.

If I'm bored, I usually go to Queensdale and do the train "out of order" with some others. I feel like Emperor Palpatine "Yesss... let the rage flow through you"

I'm thinking about starting a drinking game where I take a shot for every "I've reported you" whisper I get because I did a boss and wrecked their train.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

flosofl posted:

If I'm bored, I usually go to Queensdale and do the train "out of order" with some others. I feel like Emperor Palpatine "Yesss... let the rage flow through you"

I'm thinking about starting a drinking game where I take a shot for every "I've reported you" whisper I get because I did a boss and wrecked their train.

With the new mega server tech SFD will probably be finishing so many events out of order again we will get more posts on the forums about us.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

jaegerx posted:

With the new mega server tech SFD will probably be finishing so many events out of order again we will get more posts on the forums about us.

:dance:

I completely forgot about the megaserver potential! Oh man, it's going to be even more fun!

Of course, I may want to scale the rules of my drinking game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

flosofl posted:

:dance:

I completely forgot about the megaserver potential! Oh man, it's going to be even more fun!

Of course, I may want to scale the rules of my drinking game...

It's wvw Wednesday so I'm sure arus is engineering something terrible already for mega servers.

E: #fuckarus

jaegerx fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 17, 2014

• Locked thread