Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
From someone who was in the back. Nobody's said anything public about it (as far as I know) and I probably shouldn't have either, but if she really did fake the whole thing for attention or revenge or whatever then gently caress her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
If that's true, gently caress her big time. That seems like an attempt at cutting the knees out from Nikki Storm because she's more over. Dave should leave her off the October tapings. A bunch of newer ladies stepped up huge the last two weeks, CVE is totally expendable.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Too bad the scumbag thread is closed because that's exceptionally lovely.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
That really sucks, if it's true. I did see her hanging around with some of the wrestlers at the bar after the show, so apparently not everybody was really mad.

And if it was fake, she's really lucky, because I saw at least one picture from the shows of the impact and it looked bad.

That really sucks about Taylor and it's no wonder now that she was never booked and looked so out of it the whole weekend.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

Wait, CVE faked that whole thing? Where are you hearing this?

Holy sit, if that's true, I hope SHIMMER backlists her. She already got shitcanned from CZW & WSU recently.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 17, 2014

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I saw it dead on from the Joshi section. It looked pretty rough but we were waiting on CVE to give some indication on being okay or not okay. Nice of her to take advantage of that for whatever weird reason.

What did she do to get blackballed from CZW/WSU?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

I saw it dead on from the Joshi section. It looked pretty rough but we were waiting on CVE to give some indication on being okay or not okay. Nice of her to take advantage of that for whatever weird reason.

What did she do to get blackballed from CZW/WSU?

Apparently she broke up with Masada between the most recent WSU and CZW double header in a very public and loud fashion. So, DJ Hyde chose Masada over her. That explained why she was on the WSU show and not on the CZW show vs Candice LeRae even though that was scheduled and part of a bigger story with Kimber Lee. Maybe she'll move back to California and just do PWG, AWS, and Mexico or something.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 17, 2014

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

So one of Stardom's new rookies, Koguma, is already starting to get booked outside of the company (she debuted in November) recently doing an Ace/Rookie tag with Nanae against Meiko and Sareee at the most recent Sendai Girls show. That makes me pretty happy since she only has a few matches available (two against fellow rookie Yuna Manase and her debut against Natsuki*Taiyo) and while she's obviously green I think she's going to go far in Stardom and very quickly be one of their top wrestlers. She moves around the ring with a lot of confidence and has a lot of fire, plus at least one cool move/spot (Ray's cartwheel bomb). If Koguma's already getting booked for shows outside the company it means they see a lot of potential in her probably.

Edit: Kind of funny because Stardom has been trying to push Yuna as the replacement for Yuzupon (i.e. the pretty girl) but, while she's got the athleticism, she's green as gently caress and looks like a deer in the headlights in the ring and gets lost easily. And now she's out with an injured collarbone, I believe.

Suben fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 19, 2014

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Reminder that SHINE is tonight on iPPV and the card looks pretty good. They're playing Eagles' replacement as a Mystery Opponent type of deal, so I'm hoping for a surprise appearance.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

Cory Lidle posted:

Reminder that SHINE is tonight on iPPV and the card looks pretty good. They're playing Eagles' replacement as a Mystery Opponent type of deal, so I'm hoping for a surprise appearance.

I guess Kellie Skater is a surprise of sorts?

I really wish Shine had better production.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
That crowd sucked, but Solo Darling gave me a hug so :3:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
and Jessicka Havok got hit by a car. That was a thing.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

She got lightly bumped by a car.

Rikishi confirmed for the next Shine show.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
I confirmed through a source I obviously can't name that CVE definitely faked it and definitely didn't tell anyone she was going to. The source also added, "She's a disgusting human being."

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I mean, she took the move really rough. I would imagine that knowing it was a close call and hearing how we reacted in Section C that she decided then and there just to play it up and make Nikki look bad.

I'm glad people backstage are aware of it, hopefully that's the last we see of her mediocre rear end in SHIMMER.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
She stopped doing the one gimmick people liked (mohawk) anyway, so I don't see the point of bringing her back.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Replace her with Buggy Nova, see if anyone notices.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Flameingblack posted:

Replace her with Buggy Nova, see if anyone notices.

I don't think Buggy Nova is wrestling anymore. Plus, she didn't leave a good impression when she was booked in SHIMMER before apparently. I think with Angie Skye being prompted to the main roster, SHIMMER has its punk rock gimmick girl in place.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Let's maybe try to give CVE the benefit of the doubt and--

DM Punk posted:

She stopped doing the one gimmick people liked (mohawk)

bury her six feet under thanks in advance

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

DM Punk posted:

I don't think Buggy Nova is wrestling anymore. Plus, she didn't leave a good impression when she was booked in SHIMMER before apparently. I think with Angie Skye being prompted to the main roster, SHIMMER has its punk rock gimmick girl in place.
Also, Heidi Lovelace really stepped up in the last tapings. So there's a punky heel and a punky babyface. Maybe giving Skye a bigger showcase on the main roster can give them an excuse to get some new SPARKLE talent and flush the FF rejects.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

I don't think Buggy Nova is wrestling anymore.

For whatever it is worth she tweeted this last Wednesday:
https://twitter.com/iinvexii/status/456502943584251904

quote:

http://Www.Facebook.com/buggynova Buggy Nova lives forever, but i am moving on

Obviously she has her issues with eating disorders and mental health so I dont know how on the level it is.

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 20, 2014

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

Also, Heidi Lovelace really stepped up in the last tapings. So there's a punky heel and a punky babyface. Maybe giving Skye a bigger showcase on the main roster can give them an excuse to get some new SPARKLE talent and flush the FF rejects.

Yeah, they need to stop filling SPARKLE with nCw:FF girls. Most of them aren't very good. If they want good Canadian talent to bring in, there's more in Ontario than Montreal. Jewells Malone, Seleziya Sparx, and Jasmin all come to mind.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

My understanding was that the Sparkle NCW:FF Invitational Cup was a favor to Stephane Bruyere and LuFisto to get those girls exposure outside of Montreal, and that the only one they were ever actually interested in was Angie Skye. Other non-Fem Fatales girls have appeared on Sparkle in the past, and this isn't the first time Shimmer's been booked based on nepotism, it's just that Madison Eagles brought in better talent.

I will say that Ray and Leon must have had words with Pink Flash Kira, because she showed up at the after party in gimmick this time, which is the first time she's done that as far as I know. But it's a stupid mask, so I've never blamed her.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

TheHock posted:

My understanding was that the Sparkle NCW:FF Invitational Cup was a favor to Stephane Bruyere and LuFisto to get those girls exposure outside of Montreal, and that the only one they were ever actually interested in was Angie Skye. Other non-Fem Fatales girls have appeared on Sparkle in the past, and this isn't the first time Shimmer's been booked based on nepotism, it's just that Madison Eagles brought in better talent.
Wrestling is run on nepotism, but eventually you have to flush out the people that just aren't going to do anything with your promotion. If Eagles was the one that brought in Kellie Skater, then I don't even think there's any comparison to the two situations.

Basically, enough with loving Kira and Mary Lee Rose and give Paige Turner a shot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

DM Punk posted:

Yeah, they need to stop filling SPARKLE with nCw:FF girls. Most of them aren't very good. If they want good Canadian talent to bring in, there's more in Ontario than Montreal. Jewells Malone, Seleziya Sparx, and Jasmin all come to mind.

Speaking of which, did the match between Seleziya Sparx and Michael Elgin happen yet?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Nah, that happening May 11.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

Cory Lidle posted:

Wrestling is run on nepotism, but eventually you have to flush out the people that just aren't going to do anything with your promotion. If Eagles was the one that brought in Kellie Skater, then I don't even think there's any comparison to the two situations.

To the best of my knowledge, she's responsible for bringing in every Aussie to work in Shimmer thus far except for Jessie McKay and Evie. So that's Skater, Tenille (Emma), Shazza McKenzie, Evie, and Savannah Summers. Even accepting Summers (who was awful) that's a pretty excellent track record.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

TheHock posted:

To the best of my knowledge, she's responsible for bringing in every Aussie to work in Shimmer thus far except for Jessie McKay and Evie. So that's Skater, Tenille (Emma), Shazza McKenzie, Evie, and Savannah Summers. Even accepting Summers (who was awful) that's a pretty excellent track record.
:ssh: Evie is from New Zealand :ssh:

She didn't bring in Jessie McKay? Didn't Madison help train her?

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

Evie was working in PWWA when she got brought in, and it was Madison's suggestion that got her brought over.

Jessie and Eagles came over at the same time. They debuted as the Pink Ladies tag team.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Happy Saturday, everyone! Here's some Kana.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
TNA is taping another Knockouts Only PPV on May 10th. This is also the same day as WSU and is messing with that show. Mia Yim is already out. There could be others. Stupid TNA.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Manami Katsu, who just recently dropped the JWP Jr./P.O.P. titles to Sareee, is retiring on 7/13. No reason given but she hosed her ankle up (apparently ligament damage) earlier last month and was back wrestling long matches like two weeks later so maybe it's related to that? That's going to be a huge blow to JWP though, they obviously saw her as one of the pillars of the promotion over the next few years.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Kana's doing a produced show at Korakuen Hall on 6/16 and honest I hope it makes TV and gets out because it looks like a nice (if small) card.

KANA PRO "ProMania:Reach" June 16, 2014
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Arisa Nakajima vs Hikaru Shida
2. Yoshiaki Fujiwara & X vs Great Kojika & X
3. Kanjyuro Matsuyama & Shu Shibutani vs Kikutaro & Hamuko Hoshi
4. Kana & Naomichi Marufuji vs Meiko Satomura & Minoru Suzuki

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Also worth noting WSU stripped Jessicka Havok of the title and fired her. The WSU twitter account person likes bringing it up pretty much every day, so that's going over well with a lot of fans.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
We are one step closer to Satomura/Suzuki becoming a regular tag team. Team Slaps & Sleepers, or whatever.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Suben posted:

Kana's doing a produced show at Korakuen Hall on 6/16 and honest I hope it makes TV and gets out because it looks like a nice (if small) card.

KANA PRO "ProMania:Reach" June 16, 2014
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Arisa Nakajima vs Hikaru Shida
2. Yoshiaki Fujiwara & X vs Great Kojika & X
3. Kanjyuro Matsuyama & Shu Shibutani vs Kikutaro & Hamuko Hoshi
4. Kana & Naomichi Marufuji vs Meiko Satomura & Minoru Suzuki

God drat I want to see that main, although I'm afraid that Toru Yano's going to replace Marufuji as Kana's partner since that seems to be MiSu's curse right now.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Natsuki*Taiyo's retirement show was shown live/semi-live or something on Samurai today so it's already out. Io vs. Meiko on 7/10 and also Mayu Iwatani and Kairo Hojo are going to be teaming with Dr. Wagner Jr. on the same show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Cory Lidle posted:

Also worth noting WSU stripped Jessicka Havok of the title and fired her. The WSU twitter account person likes bringing it up pretty much every day, so that's going over well with a lot of fans.

Is that an angle or is it just indie wrasslin?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

coconono posted:

Is that an angle or is it just indie wrasslin?

She took a booking with TNA the same night as the last WSU show, so they "fired" her. But she'll be back soon, most likely next show. She just worked a CZW show last weekend, so that kind of tells you she'll be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Hopefully the next WSU show because I'll be at that one.

The next SHINE show was announced, sadly I just moved and won't make that one. KimberBombs are back, S-N-S Express is back, Lovelace is back, LVD is making it two straight shows, Candice LaRae is debuting. Ivelisse defends against Serena finally. Curious what the story is with the tag titles, since there are 5 other tag teams that will be there.

• Locked thread