Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Fun fact: the disc on the demon second from the top is actually a defeated demon/devil. I also think that may be a minor devil (or demon, I don't remember the terminology), which were created by the higher devils after the fall. You can tell by the two mouths.

I think accruing enough defeated devils could also cause a lesser devil to mature into a full one. The novel was pretty good once I got around Barlowe's writing style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
It's my birthday, bring me pictures of robot girls.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Silentman0 posted:

spider bethlehem
Oct 5, 2007
Makin with the stabbins

Tasoth posted:

Fun fact: the disc on the demon second from the top is actually a defeated demon/devil. I also think that may be a minor devil (or demon, I don't remember the terminology), which were created by the higher devils after the fall. You can tell by the two mouths.

I think accruing enough defeated devils could also cause a lesser devil to mature into a full one. The novel was pretty good once I got around Barlowe's writing style.

There's a book?! Barlowe has always struck me as the kind of dude who knew his way around a paintbrush but either by nature or as a consequence was almost a total alien. Is his stuff just impenetrable or what?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Silentman0 posted:

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Silentman0 posted:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/FfUeIaG.jpg

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

We were all having fun until you ruined it. Good job.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Namaste.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Silentman0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ivaQf1jns0

EDIT: http://www.intrepidgirlbot.com/

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 16, 2014

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

spider bethlehem posted:

There's a book?! Barlowe has always struck me as the kind of dude who knew his way around a paintbrush but either by nature or as a consequence was almost a total alien. Is his stuff just impenetrable or what?

It's actually not bad. It feels like he might go too heavy on the run-ons or flowery language. I thought it was a good story of seeking redemption in hell.

The book. Man knows his art.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

The packaging says that's a boy.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why does it have bruises?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Barudak posted:

She fell down the stairs :colbert:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Barudak posted:

It looks like where dirt has rubbed onto it or paint has rubbed off. Considering there's some kind of dirt on her boots that's the same color.

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

This is why I beat hookers.

Sgt. at Arms

MustacheFeeling posted:

I'm looking for images of a warrior wielding a hammer one-handed, preferably with a shield, black hair, and armor that's not plate, but well above a loin cloth.

Dwarves with hammers and shields are common but finding art of a human wielding both without fullplate is a tall order (har har).

These are as close as I could get.

You may want to try to find art without the hammer or shield at all and find art that may look more like what you had in mind. For example something like this:

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005

Silentman0 posted:

http://youtu.be/EjAoBKagWQA

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Silentman0 posted:

:nms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLy-AwdCOmI

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Jesus H Tapdancing Christ, that's a terrible birthday present! I don't understand it at all and it still scares the hell out of me. Not that I wanted to sleep tonight...

Edit: The NMS icon now makes perfect sense to me, at least.

MustacheFeeling
May 7, 2007

Rugged, self-assured, adult… these are the words that describe the man who wears a mustache.

Loanarn posted:

Dwarves with hammers and shields are common but finding art of a human wielding both without fullplate is a tall order (har har).

These are as close as I could get.

This one is excellent, thank you.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Got a bunch of new l5r to post since it's pretty sweet.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you your next Fighter. Or Warlord. Or Paladin. Or anybody who whacks things with swords.

Source.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

I love this series of photos - I can't remember who it is, but it's basically all people in monster masks in incredibly mundane situations.

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

spider bethlehem posted:

God's Demon, the website has some of his art as well.
http://www.godsdemon.com/

He has art with descriptions here:
http://waynebarlowe.wordpress.com/artwork/hell/

I like the one where it's a demon, knees curled up to it's chest, sadly holding one of it's burned feathers.

I won't say it's the greatest book, but to me it was a pretty vivid, brutal and interesting take on hell. The demons are fallen angels that rebelled against God and a certain amount of the setting is about them adapting to Hell. They were cast down, but Hell already had it's own ecology with native abyssals and nomadic Salamandrine Men. Damned souls started to pour in and are a major part of their society. They use them as slaves, craft them together into war behemoths and even compress them into bricks to build with. Many demons have given into savagery and evil but some have tried to maintain a narrow hold on their divinity. The main character falls into this category of course.

They also have some sort of glyph magic as demons. You can see the glyphs in much of the art. Demons manifest their own glyph and its how they perform magic, whether it's working souls into bricks and steeds, or for the major demons, issuing battlefield commands and flying.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Portrait of a Maori girl.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
13 year old Mongolian girl raised golden eagle, taught it to hunt foxes

It's almost as big as she is. :black101:

EDIT: Ah, a couple of these depict her fellow male eagle hunter apprentices. Still, the image of a kid with a big-rear end gently caress-off eagle is amazing.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 18, 2014

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

They're actually Mongolian wolves, but they are about the size of a coyote.

Videos of Eagles crushing wolves

E: size of a coyote. Also, two eagles vs one wolf :black101:

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 18, 2014

spider bethlehem
Oct 5, 2007
Makin with the stabbins

FuzzyPickles posted:

God's Demon, the website has some of his art as well.
http://www.godsdemon.com/

He has art with descriptions here:
http://waynebarlowe.wordpress.com/artwork/hell/

I like the one where it's a demon, knees curled up to it's chest, sadly holding one of it's burned feathers.

I won't say it's the greatest book, but to me it was a pretty vivid, brutal and interesting take on hell. The demons are fallen angels that rebelled against God and a certain amount of the setting is about them adapting to Hell. They were cast down, but Hell already had it's own ecology with native abyssals and nomadic Salamandrine Men. Damned souls started to pour in and are a major part of their society. They use them as slaves, craft them together into war behemoths and even compress them into bricks to build with. Many demons have given into savagery and evil but some have tried to maintain a narrow hold on their divinity. The main character falls into this category of course.

They also have some sort of glyph magic as demons. You can see the glyphs in much of the art. Demons manifest their own glyph and its how they perform magic, whether it's working souls into bricks and steeds, or for the major demons, issuing battlefield commands and flying.

I've been a fan of Wayne Barlowe since the Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials turned up in my local bookshop 15 years ago. It's great to know he's got more and better out there even than that. He has the kind of luminous imaginative potential that makes me shiver- he has the ability to see clearly what isn't there.

Picture tax: I love making Samurai characters because I grew up loving Akira Kurosawa. Here's my forthcoming character for an aquatic campaign.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Now I want to apply to every game ever with this image as a Halfling Ranger.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Quickling Faen Hawk Totem Warrior from Arcana Evolved.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

spider bethlehem posted:

I've been a fan of Wayne Barlowe since the Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials turned up in my local bookshop 15 years ago. It's great to know he's got more and better out there even than that. He has the kind of luminous imaginative potential that makes me shiver- he has the ability to see clearly what isn't there.

Find Expedition at your library if you can. It's god damned gorgeous and written as a nature journal from an explorer of an alien world. It's out of print and runs for a hundred bucks easily. I think Alien Planet has a segment based off it or is based off it, but it doesn't cover as much as the book does.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Give me all your standard fantasy races in modern clothing (like 60s to present day), please thank you.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I am looking for a Young (late teens) Female Rogue or Alchemist. Human preferred.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

No Pun Intended posted:

I am looking for a Young (late teens) Female Rogue or Alchemist. Human preferred.

Alchemist:

Roguish:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That's a cool picture of Ozma from Tactics Ogre.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

No Pun Intended posted:

More Rogues:

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

No Pun Intended posted:

Rogue:

Alchemist:

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Anyone got some pictures of a young guy with a big magic sword? It's for a 4E swordmage, so I'd prefer him to not be in super heavy armor.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Got any pictures of young adult European monks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

SunAndSpring posted:

Got any pictures of young adult European monks?
Benedictine, Dominican, Franciscan, or generic?