Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Namtab posted:

Who the hell is Seija?

:livintrope:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Namtab posted:

That 4koma would probably be funny if I could read the fake language the writer wrote it in.

You heard it here. Finnish is not real. :colbert:

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

Namtab posted:

That 4koma would probably be funny if I could read the fake language the writer wrote it in.
olet vihainen?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My point is that there ain't no point in posting a comic to prove to me that Seija is contrary if I can't read it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Literally Gensokyo is Filled with a Bunch of Cheating Jerks: The Game.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Namtab posted:

My point is that there ain't no point in posting a comic to prove to me that Seija is contrary if I can't read it.

Couple minutes searching :nws:danbooru:nws:

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Well, that was unexpected.

Odd that Seija needs to use others' powers/devices.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

ElMaligno posted:

Couple minutes searching :nws:danbooru:nws:

What's not work safe about that image?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Kheldragar posted:

What's not work safe about that image?

Danbooru's ads are NWS, since they advertise for things like J-list and whatnot.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Quick-and-dirty translation of text in the trailer

quote:

Kagerou: "There she is! The amanojuku they're after!"
To catch the rebel,
an assault with danmaku that can't be dodged!
An eye for an eye!
Face impossible danmaku by cheating!
Beat Impossible Spellcards...
...by using cheat items!
Seija: "Whatever methods you use, whoever survives is the winner!"
Touhou Project 14.3
Danmaku Amanojuku
Impossible Spellcard
For sale 5/11 at Reitaisai

Shown spell cards:

quote:

Wakasagihime: Tidal Sign "Lake Tidal Wave"
Kagerou: Wolf Fang "Blodstained Wolf Fang"
Sekibanki: Eye Light "Hell's Ray"
Keine: "Voyage Beyond Death in the Year 20XX"
Kagerou: Full Moon "Full Moon Roar"
Sekibanki: Flying Head "Extreme Long Neck"

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Seija is the biggest dick and therefore best touhou, I'm with HMS Boromir here.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Danbooru's ads are NWS, since they advertise for things like J-list and whatnot.

I forget that I have adblock sometimes. :smith:

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

Namtab posted:

That is, in fact, the entire point of posting a comic you can't read. That is the joke.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Hey OP I just noticed in your poll you forgot to include Christianity. Well, bye.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT posted:

That is, in fact, the entire point of posting a comic you can't read. That is the joke.

I don't get it.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Figured this is the best place to ask this.

I wanna get into other shooters, just to see how well I do at them after being with Touhou for so long. Where do I start? I started Mars Matrix the other day and I'm already getting the hang of it, but I dunno where to go from there.

What's the popular opinion on Cave shooters?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I wanna get into other shooters, just to see how well I do at them after being with Touhou for so long. Where do I start? I started Mars Matrix the other day and I'm already getting the hang of it, but I dunno where to go from there.

There's actually a shmup thread in games, but I believe Cave shooters are well regarded, especially DoDonPachi.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

You need to play Crimzon Clover RIGHT loving NOW!

ikaragu
Oct 24, 2010

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I'm only familiar with their Xbox 360 output, but Espgaluda 2 and Muchi Muchi Pork are both really good and I'd highly recommend them. One thing to bear in mind if you're coming off the Touhou games is that a lot of the cave shooters on 360 lose something when played on lower difficulty levels - playing Deathsmiles on rank 1 means that half of the boss fight is missing compared to rank 3, and the novice modes tend to be heavy handed in changing both the bullet patterns and the game system.

The old-school STG players I know claim that ESP Ra.De is the best game ever (although they also say that impression was tied to the arcades they played it in).

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

ProfessorProf posted:

Face impossible danmaku by cheating!
Beat Impossible Spellcards...
...by using cheat items!
Seija: "Whatever methods you use, whoever survives is the winner!"

:livintrope: + :darksouls: ?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ikaragu posted:

The old-school STG players I know claim that ESP Ra.De is the best game ever (although they also say that impression was tied to the arcades they played it in).

ESP Ra.De is probably the most balanced of CAVE's shooters, and arguably one of the most enjoyable arcade experiences for a bullet hell fan. I think at this point the fact that it was released sixteen years ago (ahahaha holy poo poo :corsair:) means that by now, CAVE has improved the formula on consoles enough that it's been surpassed.

Keep in mind that Touhou Lunatic is roughly equivalent to Espgaluda/Deathsmiles mid-tier CAVE game Easy, more or less. Touhou is much more focused on visual appeal as opposed to difficulty, meaning that when you try to jump from this series straight into CAVE shmups, you run face first into a difficulty wall. It's probably better to avoid the newest CAVE stuff for now and go either into the earlier games (ESP Ra.De, Guwange, the original DoDonPachi) or into PC doujin shooters outside of the Touhou series (Crimzon Clover, the eXceed games, etc) if you're looking to branch out.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 14, 2014

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

KataraniSword posted:

Keep in mind that Touhou Lunatic is roughly equivalent to Espgaluda/Deathsmiles Easy, more or less.

I'd have to argue this point, at least for EspGaluda. If anything, it's closer to Hard. It's by far CAVE's easiest game.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Saigyouji posted:

I'd have to argue this point, at least for EspGaluda. If anything, it's closer to Hard. It's by far CAVE's easiest game.

Fair; I admittedly haven't touched Galuda or Galuda 2 so I shouldn't've used it as an example. I was going to use Mushihimesama at first, but then I realized that's probably their HARDEST title, so I mentally dialed it back, apparently a bit too far.

If it's CAVE's easiest, though, I would put it in the "starter kit" group with its predecessor.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I like Jamestown. It starts off easy enough to be playable by someone who isn't already a shmup grognard, and because it was released by Americans just a few years ago you can actually buy it, which are both rare luxuries with these games.

KataraniSword posted:

Touhou is much more focused on visual appeal as opposed to difficulty.
Which is kind of funny, really. It must be optimized to make cool-looking replays, because spectacle is the last thing on my mind when I'm actually playing.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

One can only dream :allears:

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

CommissarMega posted:

One can only dream :allears:

Alternate view: Yoshika is the Chosen Undead. :magical:

Would explain the stiff limbs given how many times she's died.

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 15, 2014

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

http://www.tv2.no/v/807151/

it's surreal seeing anything touhou-related on televised products, hell i'm still recovering from gameswipe

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Do not even ask posted:

http://www.tv2.no/v/807151/

it's surreal seeing anything touhou-related on televised products, hell i'm still recovering from gameswipe

But did it have to be UN Owen? :sigh:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Kheldragar posted:

But did it have to be UN Owen? :sigh:

Like it or not, it sure sounds impressive on piano. As much as I'd like to see a ten-year-old play Native Faith.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Is there any official map of Gensokyo anywhere? I'm using its geography as a test for something and I have to make sure I get my facts right, don't I? :v:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

FractalSandwich posted:

Is there any official map of Gensokyo anywhere? I'm using its geography as a test for something and I have to make sure I get my facts right, don't I? :v:

Nope. I guess you could try to infer stuff from the print works.

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
I'm going to borrow a page from Terry Pratchett and say that you can't map a sense of humor.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Balls. Oh well, doesn't really matter.

In that case, are there any cool fanmade maps of Gensokyo? I'm not going to use them as a source or anything; I'd just be interested to see them. :v:

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

Nothing official but a quick google turned up this guy who claims to have cartographer as accurately as possible under the circumstances.

http://lunaticred.proboards.com/thread/1312/canon-map-gensokyo

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Sooo, it's yukkuris all the way down?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Justus posted:

Nothing official but a quick google turned up this guy who claims to have cartographer as accurately as possible under the circumstances.

http://lunaticred.proboards.com/thread/1312/canon-map-gensokyo
I'm not sure I trust it, but it fits the bill of "cool fanwork", at least. Those computer fonts really clash with its art style, though, yikes.

:stonk:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I finally got access to scans of the latest chapters of Forbidden Scrollery and WAHH, so translation will start again. Also I need your help leather fedora aka NForza but I have no idea how to contact you so I am shouting in this thread. Although I guess I'm not quite sure how serious your offer to help was, and/or if you realized what that would entail exactly.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Don't worry, I was plenty serious. Do you have PMs? I'm on twitter and MotK too.

In fact, I could even supply you with copies of the latest chapters (by physical mail that is. I don't have a scanner)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't have a scanner either, but I've already resolved that using the power of friendship. Well, for now I guess. That might be helpful in the future.

I'll contact you through MotK because I don't have PMs here.