Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I feel like this should have that WASTED text over it (I actually have no idea what that references, some video game I'm sure).

Grand Theft Auto games. That's what happens whenever you die.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I feel like this should have that WASTED text over it (I actually have no idea what that references, some video game I'm sure).
I... what? You've never given GTA a shot?

KoRMaK has a new favorite as of 01:34 on Apr 17, 2014

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9504088
This is a little darker than the thread usually gets.

Here's a summary:
A Nissan truck and Ford truck have a minor collision. Nissan driver was probably at fault. The two drivers leave the road to exchange insurance information. Here are the Nissan driver's words paraphrased by the police:
"At some point the driver of the Nissan begins threatening the driver of the Ford and said you're going to be sorry you gave me your information. I'm going to kill you and your family." :stare: The cops also said the Nissan driver was at least 100 lbs larger than the Ford driver.

Then the Nissan driver attacks the elderly father of Ford driver, who was a passenger on his way to dialysis. Ford driver screams for bystanders to call the police, and jumps on Nissan driver's back placing him in a chokehold and strangling him to death.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

canyoneer posted:

Here's a summary:
A Nissan truck and Ford truck have a minor collision. Nissan driver was probably at fault. The two drivers leave the road to exchange insurance information. Here are the Nissan driver's words paraphrased by the police:
"At some point the driver of the Nissan begins threatening the driver of the Ford and said you're going to be sorry you gave me your information. I'm going to kill you and your family." :stare: The cops also said the Nissan driver was at least 100 lbs larger than the Ford driver.

Then the Nissan driver attacks the elderly father of Ford driver, who was a passenger on his way to dialysis. Ford driver screams for bystanders to call the police, and jumps on Nissan driver's back placing him in a chokehold and strangling him to death.

Good luck getting a jury to convict that dude.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

canyoneer posted:

Here's a summary:

And everyone(minus one) lived happily ever after?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Teddybear posted:

Good luck getting a jury to convict that dude.

A jury made of Calvin peeing on Ford symbols.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

Here's a summary:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Traumatizing children.
Hilarious!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quote:

Ahaha Christ, talk about scaring the piss out of someone... You're just relaxing to let it go and then surprise!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Was that kid going to lift the seat?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Dusseldorf posted:

Was that kid going to lift the seat?

No, that's how you know it was mom that put it there.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

KoRMaK posted:

I... what? You've never given GTA a shot?

I haven't played a video game for real since I had Zelda on my GameBoy Pocket back in like 1999. I watched my friend's fiance play GTA V while we were hanging out but I think it just said "Trevor died".

Anyway, I think this is a legitimate reason for falling down in soccer:

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you

canyoneer posted:

Here's a summary:

I worked with the guy that was killed. He was very friendly and happy and helped me out when needed. He didn't seem violent or angry to me at all, so it's been a big shock to deal with. He was gigantic, though.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hood Ornament posted:

I worked with the guy that was killed. He was very friendly and happy and helped me out when needed. He didn't seem violent or angry to me at all, so it's been a big shock to deal with. He was gigantic, though.

Road rage changes people :iiam:

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

He on the toilet.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I haven't played a video game for real since I had Zelda on my GameBoy Pocket back in like 1999. I watched my friend's fiance play GTA V while we were hanging out but I think it just said "Trevor died".

Anyway, I think this is a legitimate reason for falling down in soccer:

Until I saw the tacklers boot, I was wondering how someone can just spontaneously lose their shorts.

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!

Testekill posted:

Until I saw the tacklers boot, I was wondering how someone can just spontaneously lose their shorts.

A new form of flopping: just wear really baggy shorts and trip over them when players are near.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I am surprised flopping in soccer doesn't get you fined or suspended after a game. I bet that would cut down on it real quick.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

bobjr posted:

I am surprised flopping in soccer doesn't get you fined or suspended after a game.

It does in leagues like MLS with a decent disciplinary board.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's getting clamped down on a bit more nowadays. Plenty of dives in EL CLASSICO today that the ref just waved off.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Grand Theft Auto games. That's what happens whenever you die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSt1ptsOjL0

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmyzAXMNi5I

AFL player gets knocked the gently caress out by a football to the face.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Testekill posted:

Coincidentally the kid from this gif:

Is Josh Kennedy who plays for the same team, West Coast Eagles.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Pocket Billiards posted:

Coincidentally the kid from this gif:

Is Josh Kennedy who plays for the same team, West Coast Eagles.

I do recognise the shuffle.

The brave Carlton captain.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Testekill posted:

I played for an amateur team in the Bay Area and got caught in the face like that, twice. Those balls are loving heavy duty.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Palpek posted:

More football shaming:

And here's schadenfreude for the team that got suckered into a penalty kick:

Jesus, was training camp held next door to a fainting goat farm?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I played for an amateur team in the Bay Area and got caught in the face like that, twice. Those balls are loving heavy duty.

Oh god yes, I've taken a couple of footballs to the face as a teenager. And then it's compounded by both guys going at full flight.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Captain Trips posted:

It does in leagues like MLS with a decent disciplinary board.

Yep, too bad the refs are terrible and can't see poo poo this year. Inconsistency is one of the biggest problems plaguing the league right now.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Testekill posted:

I do recognise the shuffle.

The brave Carlton captain.

What sort of game is this?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Testekill posted:

Oh god yes, I've taken a couple of footballs to the face as a teenager. And then it's compounded by both guys going at full flight.

Yeah. For me it was kicked by pudgy Australian tech workers, not top loving athletes. I'd probably be missing teeth otherwise.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Frostwerks posted:

It's a game of try to look like the softest AFL player possible.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Frostwerks posted:

Australian Football.

edit: I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :ohdear:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Testekill posted:

Hey man, sometimes your pants just come off.

Mildly :nws:http://i.imgur.com/vXcUe9V.gif:nws:

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A story of schadenfreude from my town -

I work in economic development for a very white and very rich Texas town. The minority population is contained on the east side of town where everything is lovely, while the good little WASPs enjoy a median income of $160k on the west side. A majority of white people in town don't even know the east side exists, thinking it a separate town where their kids shouldn't go.

Welp, the Department of Justice got enough complaints about this segregation that it triggered a Fair Housing lawsuit. We have Section 8 housing ("the projects"), but so far it has been placed far on the east side (where minority and poor residents already live). Now we have a court order that two 400-unit, high-density, non-elderly housing projects MUST be placed smack dab in the middle of the richest census tracts in the richest county in Texas.

I just got to sit through a public hearing about the proposed construction and got to bask in the tears of upwards of a hundred rich, white, butthurt racists pleading to the council to prevent "those people" from invading their neighborhoods and schools. There is absolutely nothing that can be done to change the construction plan. :getin:

Danger Mahoney has a new favorite as of 06:42 on Apr 17, 2014

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Xenoletum posted:

Yep, too bad the refs are terrible and can't see poo poo this year.

The refs in AFL are sponsored by OPSM :D

Adimeadozen
Apr 6, 2004
Not That Guy

Danger Mahoney posted:

I work in economic development for a very white and very rich Texas town. The minority population is contained on the east side of town where everything is lovely, while the good little WASPs enjoy a median income of $160k on the west side. A majority of white people in town don't even know the east side exists, thinking it a separate town where their kids shouldn't go.

Welp, the Department of Justice got enough complaints about this segregation that it triggered a Fair Housing lawsuit. We have Section 8 housing ("the projects"), but so far it has been placeg far on the east side (where minority and poor residents already live). Now we have a court order that two 400-unit, high-density, non-elderly housing projects MUST be placed smack dab in the middle of the richest census tracts in the richest county in Texas.

I just got to sit through a public hearing about the proposed construction and got to bask in the tears of upwards of a hundred rich, white, butthurt racists pleading to the council to prevent "those people" from invading their neighborhoods and schools. There is absolutely nothing that can be done to change the construction plan. :getin:

This is almost certainly my county, and my town's divided this same way- even if it's not the same place, just the thought of it is beautiful.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hey man, sometimes your pants just come off.

Mildly :nws:http://i.imgur.com/vXcUe9V.gif:nws:

Left out the part where the dog enthusiastically tries to figure out why this guy is butt-rear end naked. Also, gifs will never really capture the magic of the cameraman laughing his loving rear end off the entire time.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Danger Mahoney posted:

Welp, the Department of Justice got enough complaints about this segregation that it triggered a Fair Housing lawsuit. We have Section 8 housing ("the projects"), but so far it has been placed far on the east side (where minority and poor residents already live). Now we have a court order that two 400-unit, high-density, non-elderly housing projects MUST be placed smack dab in the middle of the richest census tracts in the richest county in Texas.

This is absolutely beautiful in every single way. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mister Adequate posted:

This is absolutely beautiful in every single way. :allears:

Well, it is and it isn't. Great that social change is being forced on those refusing to cooperate, and giving less advantaged a chance to live somewhere other than "the wrong side of the tracks".

On the other hand, it'll just increase white-flight. I would assume that most councilors, treasurers, basically people in charge are also the waspy whites as well, so even though these building units are going to be constructed, the city can basically wash their hands of it after that. Without adequate funding and due care by city services, crime will rise and sanitation will falter, people will leave, basically turning it into another projects.

It'll just be the same old cycle over again. You don't need people actively trying to keep others down for things to go to poo poo, you simply need them not to care and look away for a few decades and the job will be done for them.

• Locked thread