Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I don't think anyone is actually refraining from reading MTMTE over it, I'm pretty sure he was talking about rereading, or a hesitation when a new issue comes out.

Two posts up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

SlothfulCobra posted:

I recently have been marathoning a lot of the IDW transformers comics, and I never noticed before how much coupling was going on in MTME before. Chromedome/Rewind is the most explicit, but there's also Tailgate/Cyclonus, Rodimus/Drift, Rewind/Dominus Ambus and Swerve basically hitting on everybody.

Don't forget First Aid's galloping crush on Springer.

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

It is the best TF thing going on right now!

One thing I will say for /co/, the TF fanart can be really amazing when it isn't creepy.

Though I guess maybe that could be official but I don't recall seeing it before.

Nah, that's not official, that's by an artist called DDAROLL (They have a lot of great/cute stuff!)

Re: Relationships on the Lost Light. Whirl balances all that lovey-dovey stuff out because he hates everyone. Except Ring Rang Rong Rung, perhaps?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Windblade also needs Springer. Sarah Stone needs to be drawing Springer and Knock Out.

These are things I need in my life.

Chu Chu posted:

Re: Relationships on the Lost Light. Whirl balances all that lovey-dovey stuff out because he hates everyone. Except Ring Rang Rong Rung, perhaps?
Whirl sort of has a thing for Cyclonus, but in both cases I don't think it's romantic like some of them are. Which is good too, I like how MTMTE has the full range of friendships, associations, loose alliances and grudges. It's very diverse, more so than most fiction in general.

DDAROLL is really talented, thanks for the link.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Rage posted:

Two posts up.

Yeah he's read some issues and is waiting for a TPB, all I am saying is that no one is actually swearing off the series forever because of the torment of not enough toys.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

What I've read from the figure pack-ins I've liked but I'm really waiting for the IDW TPB to go on sale so I can pick them up all at once for cheap. B&N and Amazon tend to have sales but I've yet to see them discounted as heavily as Borders used to do where you would get 2-3 books entirely free and you could throw on a 25% off coupon ontop.

Yeah, that doesn't really happen with IDW stuff all that often, especially Transformers. On top of that, Borders used to do that because they were desperate. Your best bet for a low price is probably buying them digitally during a sale.

I don't think anyone is actually refraining from reading MTMTE over it, I'm pretty sure he was talking about rereading, or a hesitation when a new issue comes out.

quote:

Yeah he's read some issues and is waiting for a TPB, all I am saying is that no one is actually swearing off the series forever because of the torment of not enough toys.

No, he specifically said he hasn't read MTMTE except for issues packed in with figures, and even those were with trepidation. He specifically says exactly the opposite of what you're saying here.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Not reading good books because the lack of toys makes you cry is one thing for the target audience but another for a grown-rear end man, even if you post in a Transformers thread online and buy 1000$ worth of toys a month. I mean, seriously here, go try to explain this position to someone you know in real life without mentioning the books is a Transformers comic and see how they take it.

loving Hell, getting people to read MTMTE in the first place is hard enough as it is because Transformers has the toy commercial stigma already. I really hope I'm just missing sarcasm or something.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, wasn't Drift a total invention of IDW? He still got a toy.

I know that there's never going to be an Ambulon, a Fulcrum, or a Rung with fully articulated eyebrows, but so long as Hasbro wants to keep making cool toys, cool toys will get made.

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

I know that there's never going to be an Ambulon, a Fulcrum, or a Rung with fully articulated eyebrows, but so long as Hasbro wants to keep making cool toys, cool toys will get made.

Come on, please don't say that. We can always hope for--

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's been no Fortress Maximus toy either despite him getting an alt mode of sane and reasonable size that is also not a Fortress.

Unless he's going to be the leader Megatron retool.

I think Leader Megatron is going to be the Bumblebee of Leaders. So many possibilities.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

At this point I don't think I'd actually bet against any of those happening except Rung. And that's mainly because I just don't see Hasbro making a figure of a character whose alt-mode is a...well, whatever that is.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Make Rung an accessory for Leader Megatron.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Rung would have to go with whatever is going to be the next Titan Class figure.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Aside from what Keldroc said, MTMTE is up to v5 in TPBs. Trade waiting has you just before Dark Cybertron, not waiting to start.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Looks like Takara is making G1 color movie Dinobots.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/exclusive-special-edition-takara-tomy-g1-color-aoe-deluxe-class-slug/29934/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

To no-one's surprise.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
They're also doing a updated, modern day flatnose G1 Prime for the 30th. The windshield is...is..one entire piece, maaaaaaaan.[/hopeless spergelord weeping for a ruined childhood]

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

AzraelNewtype posted:

Aside from what Keldroc said, MTMTE is up to v5 in TPBs. Trade waiting has you just before Dark Cybertron, not waiting to start.

Alright, you guys have convinced me, he's never ever going to read MTMTE and is a bad fan or whatever. I can't wait to see what sentence the council of elders hands down. :rolleyes:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Keldroc posted:

At this point I don't think I'd actually bet against any of those happening except Rung. And that's mainly because I just don't see Hasbro making a figure of a character whose alt-mode is a...well, whatever that is.
An ornament. :colbert:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Riftshot and Recoiler arrived today, the QC on them is a bit iffy, a loose shoulder here, some flash there and the holes for guns to go in that aren't hands are everso slightly too small but all of those are easy enough to fix with a little filing and scraping with a craft knife. My Revolver had the tiny hole problem so maybe it's just a thing with the mold. I really like their accessories and they look cool with just one of the armour pieces on in vehicle mode and I really like how the full armour looks. The robot mode armour looks better in hand than in photos, the big arms don't look as weird and gorilla-esque and the shoes ain't bad.

The Fansproject people have knocked the headsculpts out of the park though, Riftshot definitely looks like a salty dude like Ironhide and Recoiler's Splinter Cell goggles lift up and he's got a real cheeky looking face with some really bold eyes I love it! The little dudes are all unique with different details and heads. Riftshot's guy (or I guess actual Riftshot) has got a crash helmet like head which fits the melee guy with the battering ram car.

I like them, but for what they cost for the whole set I would have liked the issue of the weapon holes being slightly too small to not exist and a comic in the instruction booklets would have been nice, but whatever! I think they're neat and I'm a sucker for robot teams with a sort of mass produced look so these guys are like an Autobot 08th MS Team for me.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

They're also doing a updated, modern day flatnose G1 Prime for the 30th. The windshield is...is..one entire piece, maaaaaaaan.[/hopeless spergelord weeping for a ruined childhood]

People in the TFW thread are saying they're just repainting a real life truck and that it isn't a toy :smith:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
That's still pretty cool if you asked me, and I would probably get my picture taken next to it.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Riftshot and Recoiler kind of remind me of RACasts from Phantasy Star Online. I almost want them for that reason alone but I just can't afford them.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Ka0 posted:

That's still pretty cool if you asked me, and I would probably get my picture taken next to it.

Gotta agree, I've seen a million flatnosed OP toys, but I haven't seen a life-size OP truck.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

They're going to cost like 60 dollars each and they don't even have G1 colored heads.

If Hasbro attempts to pull something off in a similar fashion we at least know it won't be under movie generations and will be under regular Generations. Maybe they'll even come with new headsculpts.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

I'm honestly surprised it looks that good. Will still be too much money though.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Spotlight Windblade was really gorgeous and I love how Sarah Stone does great emotive faces and frames shots from dynamic and interesting angles. Did Sarah Stone also do the colors? Because whoever did the colors deserves a real shoutout. The neon lights on top of a dark city gave me some very Blade Runner vibes, and it was the best Cybertron has ever looked.

I've been getting MTMTE and RiD digitally off Comixology, but this makes me want to double up and get the trade. I should really pick up trades for MTMTE and RiD too...

As far as the story goes, I can't really say much about it yet. People were worried about Windblade being a Mary Sue and she's not, she's fine. Character wise, she's just kind of, I dunno, normal? She doesn't have over the top personality traits like most Transformers.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're going to cost like 60 dollars each and they don't even have G1 colored heads.

Looks like a G1 colored head to me.

But yeah, not all that interested in paying import prices for that. Especially since it's a TF Expo exclusive which means it'll probably be even more.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Gammatron 64 posted:

As far as the story goes, I can't really say much about it yet. People were worried about Windblade being a Mary Sue and she's not, she's fine. Character wise, she's just kind of, I dunno, normal? She doesn't have over the top personality traits like most Transformers.

I was afraid she would be written in an overly spiritual fashion, ala Drift but stern. As it is I really enjoyed reading the first issue and the art is gorgeous.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Had any luck finding where in the world your G2 sideswipe is?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Generations Roadbuster and Skybite preorders up at BBTS.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Other posted:

Generations Roadbuster and Skybite preorders up at BBTS.

Sold out unless you want a case. :(

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Were retailers really clamorring for another Springer to sit on their shelves forever?

Two cyber-sharks would not have sold?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Sold out unless you want a case. :(

Didn't expect that. Are these guys expected to miss retail for movie figs?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Were retailers really clamorring for another Springer to sit on their shelves forever?

Two cyber-sharks would not have sold?

Yeah, I'd have bought a case if it was two of each, but even selling a Springer seems like it would be a pain in the rear end at this point.

EDIT: They're on TFSource, also.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Blackheart posted:

Had any luck finding where in the world your G2 sideswipe is?

Nope. At least it's not too hard to find G2 Sideswipe, I could always wait a while and give it another shot from a reliable seller like eptoy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

catch22 posted:

Didn't expect that. Are these guys expected to miss retail for movie figs?

Probably not since the release date is well after the movie figures are already out.

In total they were 20 bucks more than other places. Not only that but HTS will have them up and they've never really had an issue stocking voyagers.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I honestly didn't even want ONE Skybite. He looks okay I guess but I'm not sure how the elbows work from the store picture, plus he's never been one of my must haves.

I got a Roadbuster reserved before they sold out, though, thanks to the heads up in this topic.

Where will the Masterpiece line go after Magnus, do you think? I'm not super stoked for the movie characters the way I am for the original crew. I think the Blurr/Drift, Kup, Wreck-Gar and Scourge from the Classics line are better in their re-imagining, honestly. Those are the only movie ones I have.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Bring me MP Triplechangers, insecticons, combiners, more dinobots, minicars and er uh maybe jumpstarters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There's still plenty of the 84 cast and characters who can be repainted or remolded from the 84 cast to get through.
Maybe we'll even get some decepticons up in here. The pilot and first season was unfortunately pretty sparing on those though and they've gotten to most of them. There's shockwave left and um.... Reflector? Devastaator?

Maybe they'll just go to the movie and make galvatron, scourge, and cyclonus instead.